Islam Islam Influence

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They claim Allah and our God are the same. They are not.

People often cite Islam believing in bibical figures and stories to show its similar. Whats your view on that?

My view is-even the people we discussed in the previous thread believe the entire bible-so believing in it doesn't put a person in a good position with God.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
They may be your friends, but wishy washy Anglicanism I also find deplorable. I attended Anglican churches for near on 10 years during my childhood and was taught little about faith. It offered to me no intellectual basis, no rationale.
I am sorry that the Anglican churches failed you in this way. I do not have direct experience of the Anglican churches in the UK, but I know that in my own country, Christian education for children and adults is an area we need to improve on. Our Baptist neighbors do better that we do in this regard. Both our new Presiding Bishop and our local bishop want to improve Christian education in our parishes, so I'm hopeful for the future.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you expect when you follow Muhammad a man, who did The Following:
Raped a child as young as nine
Encouraged his follower's to rape young girls
Supported and ordered the rape of women
Own black slaves and had no respect for them
Referred to Blacks as raisin heads, and said that the devil looks like a black man
Ordered his follower's to kill anyone who does not follow Islam
Ordered his follower's to kill anyone who leaves Islam
Ordered his follower's to beat their wives
Ordered his follower's to kill all dogs
Ordered his follower's to kill all geckos
Ordered his follower's to drink camel's urine
Ordered his follower's to dip flies in their food
Ordered his follower's to drink putrid water
Ordered his follower's to kill all Christians and Jews
he twisted the Torah and gospel to his own ends
his actions directly led to more deaths then Hitler's wildest dreams.
And This is only the beginning

References are in the Qur'an and the hadiths.
There is no such thing as radical Islamic terrorism, it is only Islam the religion of terror. I Invite anyone who thinks I am wrong to read the Qur'an and the hadiths, I have.

P.S. If you are going to respond with “well the Christians did bad thinks to.” I would love to see you try.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
What do they mean by Muslim? How could they believe in Mohammad before he was alive?

The word ‘muslim’ means ‘one who submits (to the Will of God)’. When applied to the prophets of old it is an adjective, describing their behaviour. When applied to someone like me it is a proper noun, identifying one who is a follower of Islam.

I hope this clarifies matters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Muslims do not qualify for respect from Christians because Islam is conspiracy against Christ himself, through denying that he is the son of God and that salvation is by him. Islam is a conspiracy against the truth and the Koran is a criminal code for maintaining honour amongst thieves - in this case theft of the truth. I would not see anything against Christ in criminalizing Islam. Don't bother imagining that anything that Christ said applies to protect Islam, because the Old Testament law was that a false prophet be put to death, as to which, Mahomet was one.
Wow...you lost me at they don't qualify for respect...

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
so why would a muslim still persist (and simply not leave) in his religion given the reality of its influence? a tree is always known by its fruit.
Sadly, there is a long list of Christians through the centuries who did some quite un-nice things, and some of them we venerate to this day. So the argument is a little weak, though I would agree it is certainly more contemporaneous.

Allah is the Arabic word for God, and I know Anglican Prayer Books (and I imagine all the rest) address God in Arabic as Allah. That does not mean that they are worshipping a different God, it means they are worshipping in a different language.

The me, the tragedy of the Christian past is where be confused the battle as being for territory and palaces, not for hearts and minds. The sounds of cries for territory and caliphate appear to me to be the same mistake we once made.

We, all of us, Islam and Christianity need to find a better way, currently we don't seem to have our hands on viable solutions.

• Agree
Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree with your point on what religous group poses the greatest level of terrorist threat. But as to history of violence ... well the islamic religion does not have exclusive rights.... for example... google how many nations the USA has bombed since WWII and how many have died as a result

Reactions: Limo
Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
That's not a valid comparison. American wars were not fueled by religious rhetoric. The issue with Islamic violence is that it's mandated by their ideology and there is little room for dissent within their own institutions.

Upvote 0

outlawState

Apr 14, 2016
Hampshire, UK
✟12,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...you lost me at they don't qualify for respect...
You're a Christian and you think that Christians should "respect" Islam? Did Elijah respect the cult of Ba'al? Did Paul respect the cult of Artemis(Gk)/Diana(Roman)?

What respect did Christ have for the samaritan religion or the Canaanite religion? None whatsoever. They were all deemed people who were deceived.

I am very concerned about people claiming to respect Islam. It says to me that they are masquerading as Christians.

Reactions: Kevin Ambrose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
You're a Christian and you think that Christians should "respect" Islam? Did Elijah respect the cult of Ba'al? Did Paul respect the cult of Artemis(Gk)/Diana(Roman)?

What respect did Christ have for the samaritan religion or the Canaanite religion? None whatsoever. They were all deemed people who were deceived.

I am very concerned about people claiming to respect Islam. It says to me that they are masquerading as Christians.

I agree wholeheartedly. Seeing Christians and the media making excuses for Islam as Orthodox Christians are slaughtered across the Middle-East and Northern Africa is extremely disheartening. This reckless approach to world conflict puts many innocent people at risk.

• Agree
Reactions: outlawState
Upvote 0

outlawState

Apr 14, 2016
Hampshire, UK
✟12,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very calmly, he removed the Bible from my hand and said (with a smile): ‘This!’
The Catholic bible is the teaching of the Roman Catholic church, which contains a large amount of man-contrived philosophy and error dating back to the beginning of the Christianity. Roman Catholicism should not be confused with what was taught by the early church, which contained no hierachy, no priests, no trinity but equally a very great insistence on Jesus being the only path of salvation. You must know that Islam would have been regarded a very serious heresy by Jesus and the apostles.

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin Ambrose
Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
The Catholic bible is the teaching of the Roman Catholic church, which contains a large amount of man-contrived philosophy and error dating back to the beginning of the Christianity. Roman Catholicism should not be confused with what was taught by the early church, which contained no hierachy, no priests, no trinity but equally a very great insistence on Jesus being the only path of salvation. You must know that Islam would have been regarded a very serious heresy by Jesus and the apostles.

It was also regarded as a heresy by early Orthodox figures such as St. John of Damascus.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

It was the King James Bible. Does this make a difference?

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
‘…………….. We have assigned a law and a path to each of you. If God had so willed, He would have made you one community, but He wanted to test you through that which He has given you, so race to do good: you will all return to God and He will make clear to you the matters you differed about.’ (Al-Ma’ida: 48).

‘Even if the call to Islam is rejected, something remains. What remains is that Muslims and non-Muslims search for and create mechanisms not just for tolerating each other, but for uniting in the pursuit of virtue. As the Qur’an succinctly puts it, “Work with one another in promoting goodness and piety, and do not work to promote crime and aggression, and fear God for God is severe in punishment.” This injunction cannot be separated from the general command to achieve Godliness on the earth and thus to establish moral virtues such as justice, mercy, compassion, benevolence, and beauty on this earth.

‘The fact that Muslims and non-Muslims ought to cooperate in pursuit of goodness does not mean assimilation or even diluting the differences. It means finding the commonalities so that goodness can be served on this earth. In fact, the Qur’an insists that various groups can have their own laws and rules but this should not prevent them from cooperating.’ (‘The Great Theft: Wrestling Islam from the Extremists’: Khaled M. Abou El Fadl).

Unfortunately for the peace of the world, certain of us – Muslim and Christian – find it easier (and more satisfying) to create, and to nurture, division and hatred than to promote goodness and piety; or to establish ‘justice, mercy, compassion, benevolence, and beauty on this earth’.

What excuse will we offer, I wonder, for such behaviour, come the Day?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Its funny how people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they actually want to follow.

Doesn't the bible say love thy enemies? And I was referring to the people, the Muslims... DT is already doing a good job of instilling fear and division towards Muslims...

I think you know as well as I do, respect goes a long way. You wouldn't dare listen to an Athiest that berated you and called you stupid, listed all the issues with God fearing people..like abuse in the church to name one.,,

You would not listen, its easier to catch a fly with honey than vinegar....

These people are made in the image or God,the one you serve so they deserve respect. Lack of respect is disrespect.

This isn't Godly.

Reactions: Limo
Upvote 0

Kevin Ambrose

Christian Nationalist
Feb 15, 2017
USA
Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Its funny how people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they actually want to follow.

Doesn't the bible say love thy enemies? And I was referring to the people, the Muslims... DT is already doing a good job of instilling fear and division towards Muslims...

I think you know as well as I do, respect goes a long way. You wouldn't dare listen to an Athiest that berated you and called you stupid, listed all the issues with God fearing people..like abuse in the church to name one.,,

You would not listen, its easier to catch a fly with honey than vinegar....

These people are made in the image or God,the one you serve so they deserve respect. Lack of respect is disrespect.

This isn't Godly.

Loving your enemy does not mean opening the gates to their forces either. There can be responsible outreach to Muslim nations that doesn't include putting innocent people in harms' way at home.

This is a dangerous, heretical faith which advocates murder, horrid treatment of women and destruction of dissenting opinion/beliefs. While they may be made in the image of God they've used their free will to deny His son and to promote heresy. Worthy of respect? Perhaps. Worthy of acceptance? No.

Upvote 0