Visit site
✟20,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Could you please provide a list of these Islamic countries that outlaw Christianity? Outside of Saudi Arabia where everyone is officially Muslim, I have not been able to find any.

There is a defacto ban across the Muslim world especially in the Middle-East. Christians are "allowed" to worship so long they do it in the privacy of their own homes. They cannot dispute the heretical nature of the Quran nor can they question the legitimacy of Mohammad. Hundreds of churches have been destroyed in Indonesia. Northern Nigeria was persecuting Christians long before Boko Harram, Morocco had criminal charges for Christian converts (this may have changed, but was the case a decade ago), Pakistan has strict anti-blasphemy laws that are aimed toward Christians, Libya had a limit on churches before the Arab Spring and given the ISIS control of the region I imagine it's even worse now. The lone exception to this was Syria, who the hawks on the Left and the Right can't wait to turn upside down just like Libya.

I could go on, and on, and on. This kinder and gentler Islam that people are trying to present here is nothing more than a cover. Once they get a foot in the door they will change everything.

There is a reason why Christian populations are shrinking across the Muslim world. Read the Quran, it's all there.

Upvote 0

Proud Pagan

Oct 31, 2017
New Delhi
✟1,101.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
In Relationship
Who has the right to oppress people when God has created them free?

Sahih Bukhari – Volume 4, Book 52, Hadith 196
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, ” I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)”

Even if I assume you respect co existence of other religions but it is also to be noted that good moslems dont matter tbh fam . They do little . They stay quite in the process. For instance would you help us clarifying this hadith and take a stance against it ?

Upvote 0

Proud Pagan

Oct 31, 2017
New Delhi
✟1,101.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
In Relationship
And half of Muslims in the UK do not…
I am happy if you are one of them . But do you disown this hadith

Sahih Muslim – Book 1, Hadith 31 & 33
It has been narrated on the authority of Abdullah b. ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.

Upvote 0

Proud Pagan

Oct 31, 2017
New Delhi
✟1,101.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is my understanding (and I am open to correction) that the tax is no longer imposed by Muslim states

Sahih Muslim 19:4294 It has been reported from Sulaiman b. Buraid through his father that when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) appointed anyone as leader of an army or detachment he would especially exhort him to fear Allah and to be good to the Muslims who were with him. He would say: Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war, do not embezzle the spoils; do not break your pledge; and do not mutilate (the dead) bodies; do not kill the children. When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. Then invite them to migrate from their lands to the land of Muhairs and inform them that, if they do so, they shall have all the privileges and obligations of the Muhajirs. If they refuse to migrate, tell them that they will have the status of Bedouin Muilims and will be subjected to the Commands of Allah like other Muslims, but they will not get any share from the spoils of war or Fai' except when they actually fight with the Muslims (against the disbelievers). If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them. When you lay siege to a fort and the besieged appeal to you for protection in the name of Allah and His Prophet, do not accord to them the guarantee of Allah and His Prophet, but accord to them your own guarantee and the guarantee of your companions for it is a lesser sin that the security given by you or your companions be disregarded than that the security granted in the name of Allah and His Prophet be violated When you besiege a fort and the besieged want you to let them out in accordance with Allah's Command, do not let them come out in accordance with His Command, but do so at your (own) command, for you do not know whether or not you will be able to carry out Allah's behest with regard to them.

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've made it perfectly clear that I can no longer share certain of my grandfather's beliefs. That is not his fault, of course; nor the fault of Christianity itself (of course). There was a slow, and difficult, parting of the ways; a gradual realisation that I was no longer able to accept notions I had once held as true; notions I had once taught and defended. The idea that I am - or have ever been - motivated by 'political supremacy' is risable; and not worthy of further comment. Could I ever revert to being a Christian? No....because I can no longer accept that Yeshua (as) was anything other than a man. A prophet, for sure. The Messiah, for sure. But just a man for all that. As soon as I realised this....as soon as this became the reality for me.....it was time to leave. My grandfather would not have agreed with me....not in the slightest. But he would have respected my decision; he would have respected the honesty that underpins it; above all, he would have continued to respect me. He was, after all - and above all - a lover of Christ...and he knew me better than you do!
Here I would like to share some thoughts in a peaceful manner for the sake of glorifying the Lord.
In respect to the conversation and you and your grandfather, So that I am not assuming anything, Does any of the following apply--
What are your views on the topic of salvation?

Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Here the word salvation in Hebrew is yeshuah (Strong's 3444), take from that what you will (I am implying Jesus obviously).
Humans, not God, caused sin through rebellion against God (Romans 5:12, 5:18–19).

The Quran teaches that Allah inspired sin in humankind (Quran 4:88; 7:16–18; 9:51; 14:4; 16:93; 35:8; 57:22; 74:31; 91:7–9).
The Quran’s teachings regarding salvation are inconsistent. On the one hand, the Quran teaches that salvation is based on purification by good deeds (Quran 7:6–9). A Muslim can become righteous through prayer, almsgiving, fasting, and living according to the Quran. Yet the Quran also teaches that Allah has predetermined every person’s destiny, and one’s righteous acts may or may not affect Allah’s decision (Quran 57:22). It teaches that everyone, both the righteous and the unrighteous, will be led into hell by Allah, before the righteous will enter heaven (Quran 19:67–72). Therefore no Muslim can know his or her eternal destiny in this life. Even Muhammad himself was unsure of his salvation (Quran 31:34; 46:9).
It is not of your works, but grace. Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
You can know you are saved. Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
We can know God and the truth (Exodus 33:11; Isaiah 40:5; Acts 17:23), but Muslims cannot (Quran 3:7; 7:188). God is unknowable in Islam. Muslims can’t experience God personally, but we can because He wants to be known and “dwells” in the heart of His people (1 Corinthians 3:16–17; 6:19).

We have God in us (Galatians 2:20), but Muslims do not (Quran 42:51). God is accessible through the gospel. In the New Testament the word Immanuel means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). The word us indicates that He seeks personal and intimate fellowship with us.

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

God provided himself as the sacrifice.
Let's be honest, when it comes to seeing God face to face, what sacrifice or offering could anyone but God offer to make that happen? We are beneath him in everything, and all of our righteous deeds fall ridiculously short. What could we ever do?
The Lord draws us near, if we but draw near to him.
We are made in his image. Man has a triune nature of Soul, Body, Spirit. God has a triune nature of Soul (Father), Body (Son), Spirit (Holy Spirit).

I hope this finds you well, and opens up a fruitful dialogue.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Here I would like to share some thoughts in a peaceful manner for the sake of glorifying the Lord.
In respect to the conversation and you and your grandfather, So that I am not assuming anything, Does any of the following apply--
What are your views on the topic of salvation?

Psalms 62:2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Here the word salvation in Hebrew is yeshuah (Strong's 3444), take from that what you will (I am implying Jesus obviously).
Humans, not God, caused sin through rebellion against God (Romans 5:12, 5:18–19).

The Quran teaches that Allah inspired sin in humankind (Quran 4:88; 7:16–18; 9:51; 14:4; 16:93; 35:8; 57:22; 74:31; 91:7–9).
The Quran’s teachings regarding salvation are inconsistent. On the one hand, the Quran teaches that salvation is based on purification by good deeds (Quran 7:6–9). A Muslim can become righteous through prayer, almsgiving, fasting, and living according to the Quran. Yet the Quran also teaches that Allah has predetermined every person’s destiny, and one’s righteous acts may or may not affect Allah’s decision (Quran 57:22). It teaches that everyone, both the righteous and the unrighteous, will be led into hell by Allah, before the righteous will enter heaven (Quran 19:67–72). Therefore no Muslim can know his or her eternal destiny in this life. Even Muhammad himself was unsure of his salvation (Quran 31:34; 46:9).
It is not of your works, but grace. Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
You can know you are saved. Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
We can know God and the truth (Exodus 33:11; Isaiah 40:5; Acts 17:23), but Muslims cannot (Quran 3:7; 7:188). God is unknowable in Islam. Muslims can’t experience God personally, but we can because He wants to be known and “dwells” in the heart of His people (1 Corinthians 3:16–17; 6:19).

We have God in us (Galatians 2:20), but Muslims do not (Quran 42:51). God is accessible through the gospel. In the New Testament the word Immanuel means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). The word us indicates that He seeks personal and intimate fellowship with us.

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

God provided himself as the sacrifice.
Let's be honest, when it comes to seeing God face to face, what sacrifice or offering could anyone but God offer to make that happen? We are beneath him in everything, and all of our righteous deeds fall ridiculously short. What could we ever do?
The Lord draws us near, if we but draw near to him.
We are made in his image. Man has a triune nature of Soul, Body, Spirit. God has a triune nature of Soul (Father), Body (Son), Spirit (Holy Spirit).

I hope this finds you well, and opens up a fruitful dialogue.

Hello.

I am well, thanks. I trust that you are, too.

There's a lot of stuff here. Please indicate which matter you'd like to discuss first.

I look forward to hearing from you. Very best regards, and have a good week.

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello.

I am well, thanks. I trust that you are, too.

There's a lot of stuff here. Please indicate which matter you'd like to discuss first.

I look forward to hearing from you. Very best regards, and have a good week.
The topic of salvation.

Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The topic of salvation.

Very good.

You write: 'God provided himself as the sacrifice.' What is your justification for saying this; and where in the Bible does it state that God requires a human sacrifice in order to forgive sin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very good.

You write: 'God provided himself as the sacrifice.' What is your justification for saying this; and where in the Bible does it state that God requires a human sacrifice in order to forgive sin?
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

God is a Holy God, A righteous and just God.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

God created earth and man perfect. But when Adam and Eve disobeyed God’s commands, He had to punish them. A judge who pardons law-breakers isn’t a righteous judge. Likewise, overlooking sin would make the holy God unjust. Death is God’s just consequence for sin. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).
Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Forgiveness is only through God.
Isaiah 43:5 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Isaiah 64:5-6 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved. But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Throughout history people have tried to pervert the gospel by adding human works to it, requiring certain things to be done to “earn” salvation. But the Bible’s clear message is that the way of salvation has always been through faith.
Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness” (Romans 4:3).
God provided himself as the lamb.

The ultimate fulfillment of the burnt offering is in Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. His physical life was completely consumed, He ascended to God, and His covering (that is, His garment) was distributed to those who officiated over His sacrifice (Matthew 27:35). But most importantly, His sacrifice, once for all time, atoned for our sins and restored our relationship with God.
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Jesus wasn’t merely human. If He were, then His sacrifice would have also been a temporary one because one human life couldn’t possibly cover the sins of the multitudes who ever existed. Neither could one finite human life atone for sin against an infinite God. The only viable sacrifice must be an infinite one, which means only God Himself could atone for the sins of mankind. Only God Himself, an infinite Being, could pay the penalty owed to Himself. This is why God had to become a Man and dwell among men (John 1:14). No other sacrifice would suffice.

God didn’t sacrifice Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly, as He made clear speaking about His life: “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again” (John 10:18). God the Son sacrificed Himself to God the Father and thereby fulfilled all the requirements of the Law. Unlike the temporary sacrifices, Jesus’ once-for-all-time sacrifice was followed by His resurrection. He laid down His life and took it up again, thereby providing eternal life for all who would ever believe in Him and accept His sacrifice for their sins. He did this out of love for the Father and for all those the Father has given Him (John 6:37–40).

Upvote 0

Yi-man

Jul 26, 2017
london
✟18,488.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
God didn’t sacrifice Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly, as He made clear speaking about His life: “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again” (John 10:18). God the Son sacrificed Himself to God the Father and thereby fulfilled all the requirements of the Law. Unlike the temporary sacrifices, Jesus’ once-for-all-time sacrifice was followed by His resurrection. He laid down His life and took it up again, thereby providing eternal life for all who would ever believe in Him and accept His sacrifice for their sins. He did this out of love for the Father and for all those the Father has given Him (John 6:37–40).
Didn't mean to interrupt your dialogue with brother Niblo, but I just wanted to point out...

Bearing in mind Christianity teaches Jesus pbuh, (peace be upon him) was 100% Man and 100% God at the same time, how do you explain he was so worried at the prospect of being crucified, that he stayed up all night sweating blood and praying to be saved?

Apparently it was prophesied in the Torah that he would be silent and not say a word against his accusers, yet Gospel of John shows he had quite the dialogue at his trial with Pontius Pilate.

Gospel of John also says every prayer of Jesus pbuh was answered.

Jesus pbuh was given the ability to change his appearance and voice, move at very fast speeds, and Pontius had two prisoners both named Jesus, one of whom he released. All the Disciples had long fled and Simon of Cyrene was the one carrying the cross. hmmm

John also has Jesus pbuh crucified on the wrong day, was the last of the Gospels to be written and is considered by Scholars to be the lest reliable when trying to get information on the Historical Jesus pbuh because it's written by a highly literate unknown Greek author, far removed from the poor Aramaic followers of Jesus pbuh who were mostly illiterate. All rather confusing.

Peace

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
was 100% Man and 100% God at the same time, how do you explain he was so worried at the prospect of being crucified, that he stayed up all night sweating blood and praying to be saved?
You answered your own question. He was 100% man. He was under stress so "sweating bullets".
But you also infer that he was asking to be saved from physical death which he was not.
John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
He was obeying the Father, laying down his own life of his own accord.

Apparently it was prophesied in the Torah that he would be silent and not say a word against his accusers, yet Gospel of John shows he had quite the dialogue at his trial with Pontius Pilate.
Pontius Pilate was not the accuser, the Jews were. Pilate was the "judge" in the proceedings.
John 19:12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
John 19:13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.

Jesus pbuh was given the ability to change his appearance and voice, move at very fast speeds, and Pontius had two prisoners both named Jesus, one of whom he released. All the Disciples had long fled and Simon of Cyrene was the one carrying the cross. hmmm
It is noted that Barabbas, as the other man was known, was a notorious criminal. Though they may or may not have had the same first name. Jesus was a common first name at the time this took place. Satan's constructs are to lie and distort truth. While it is a worthy subtopic to bring up, it is more noteworthy that the "son of the father" (the etymology of Barabbas name) was the one who is released. Released during Passover as the Paschal Pardon. This is notable for being a parable to all mankind. We are all Barabbas. We are sinners, needing to be pardoned. Christ took our place.

At the time of Simon carrying the cross, Jesus was in critical condition. The punishment he had bore was brutal, like no man had ever suffered. Feel free to read the events leading up to the actual crucifixion for clarification.

John also has Jesus pbuh crucified on the wrong day, was the last of the Gospels to be written and is considered by Scholars to be the lest reliable when trying to get information on the Historical Jesus pbuh because it's written by a highly literate unknown Greek author, far removed from the poor Aramaic followers of Jesus pbuh who were mostly illiterate. All rather confusing.
It is not confusing to understand that you are questioning the validity of the scriptures.

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You answered your own question. He was 100% man. He was under stress so "sweating bullets".
But you also infer that he was asking to be saved from physical death which he was not.
John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
He was obeying the Father, laying down his own life of his own accord.

Pontius Pilate was not the accuser, the Jews were. Pilate was the "judge" in the proceedings.
John 19:12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
John 19:13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.

It is noted that Barabbas, as the other man was known, was a notorious criminal. Though they may or may not have had the same first name. Jesus was a common first name at the time this took place. Satan's constructs are to lie and distort truth. While it is a worthy subtopic to bring up, it is more noteworthy that the "son of the father" (the etymology of Barabbas name) was the one who is released. Released during Passover as the Paschal Pardon. This is notable for being a parable to all mankind. We are all Barabbas. We are sinners, needing to be pardoned. Christ took our place.

At the time of Simon carrying the cross, Jesus was in critical condition. The punishment he had bore was brutal, like no man had ever suffered. Feel free to read the events leading up to the actual crucifixion for clarification.

It is not confusing to understand that you are questioning the validity of the scriptures.

Incredible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same can (and is) said about Christianity, as it were.
There are some who undoubtedly have given an outward appearance that does not correlate with Christ and the Bible and its teachings. They are known for what they are. When one thinks of a true Christian, look at their deeds...feeding the orphaned, the widows, helping the poor, laying down their lives for their brothers (even for others of other faiths). Christ is the example we attempt to follow.
Those that have claimed Christ and do wickedly are not Christians.
1 John 2:4 If anyone says, "I know Him," but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
2 Corinthians 11:14 NIV And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
1 John 2:21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

(Matthew 7:15-20 NKJ) Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Galatians 5:19-23 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 But test everything; hold fast what is good.
I speak these things in love.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
There are some who undoubtedly have given an outward appearance that does not correlate with Christ and the Bible and its teachings. They are known for what they are. When one thinks of a true Christian, look at their deeds...feeding the orphaned, the widows, helping the poor, laying down their lives for their brothers (even for others of other faiths). Christ is the example we attempt to follow.
Those that have claimed Christ and do wickedly are not Christians.
1 John 2:4 If anyone says, "I know Him," but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
2 Corinthians 11:14 NIV And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
1 John 2:21 I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

(Matthew 7:15-20 NKJ) Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Galatians 5:19-23 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 But test everything; hold fast what is good.
I speak these things in love.

Oh, I know brother. And, I think it is ridiculous. I think it is especially ridiculous the arguments that - when one explains exactly what you have - stipulate you are using the True Scotsman fallacy.

Except, there is a "True Scotsman" - Christ.

With that said, the same rationale that people use to justify their treatment and prejudice against Muslims (which, is using a similar measure of ignorant analysis of a world religious system) can be used against Christians. The institution itself - the Religious authority - perpetuated plenty of atrocities (and, the "flock" followed.)

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I know brother. And, I think it is ridiculous. I think it is especially ridiculous the arguments that - when one explains exactly what you have - stipulate you are using the True Scotsman fallacy.

Except, there is a "True Scotsman" - Christ.

With that said, the same rationale that people use to justify their treatment and prejudice against Muslims (which, is using a similar measure of ignorant analysis of a world religious system) can be used against Christians. The institution itself - the Religious authority - perpetuated plenty of atrocities (and, the "flock" followed.)
You twist my words. I speak not out of prejudice or justification for any mistreatment. The things I speak, I attempt to speak of Christ and not of myself. It matters not the religion you hold to, there are always bad seeds. I don't hold to the atrocities you are inferring, nor a doctrine of such, as that conflicts with the Word of God. I am in disagreement with some so-called Christians on a multitude of these issues as they do not follow what is written. Nor do they in fact worship God, but an idol of their own making, namely themselves. Some references in response to religious doctrine as I had mentioned above more directed towards opposing religions are not to esteem my own knowledge above another, but to speak truth in a manner that is clear. If I spoke lies, let it be known. The same should be applied to any doctrine. I don't have such a blind faith that I don't have knowledge or never do my homework. The knowledge given me is from the Lord and him only do I serve. I test the spirits to see if they are of God. I acknowledge the Muslim faith as a very zealous people who seek after God. The only other religion aside from Christianity that actually acknowledges Christ. We have more in common than first glance would dictate. So this I speak out of love, not hatred. God loves you, as do I. My scholarly research on the subject however has led me to the conclusion that not all the Quran says is truth. For this matter I will quote from the first sura.
Praised be God, Lord of the Universe, the Beneficent, the Merciful and Master of the Day of Judgment, You alone We do worship and from You alone we do seek assistance, guide us to the right path, the path of those to whom You have granted blessings, those who are neither subject to Your anger nor have gone astray.
While I agree with who God is, I do not believe that I am not subject to his anger nor do I believe I have not gone astray at some point. We as mankind inherit the sinful nature from our ancestors Adam and Eve. We are at his mercy. Even if we were on the "right path", our works would in no way justify mercy.

A good parable for such is the one between the Pharisee and the publican. Luke 18:9-14
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I do see people of this world exalt themselves and are known as such. Those people do not follow after the Lord.
The people who seek after the Lord are indeed humble. They are kind beyond measure even at the expense of themselves.
So while I disagree with others, I will not lie to win an argument. I will not kill in the name of the Lord, for it is not my place to sit in judgment, but his alone. I attempt to follow him the best that I can, and I am miserable at it. But I get up everyday and work harder at it. Christ himself has never steered me wrong, only the ones who truly are not his followers have. He spoke truth of himself, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. There was no sin in him. He set me free from the sin that was in my life, and I literally feel that. He pulled me from a dark place and made me whole. But in summation, I am always subject to God, he is my King, my counselor, and my salvation.

If I didn't love you, it would not matter to me if you knew him. If he didn't love me, I would not be capable of such love. The fact is, that it matters to me, but more importantly to him, that you know him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Niblo

Muslim
Site Supporter
Dec 23, 2014
Wales.
✟221,145.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

Hello again.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

You write: ‘God created earth and man perfect. But when Adam and Eve disobeyed God’s commands, He had to punish them.’

Er..……no…..He did not have to punish them.

It is the opinion of the Muslims that where the Bible and the Qur’an agree; there is no problem. That where the Bible contradicts the Qur’an; then the Qur’an takes precedence. That where there is neither agreement nor disagreement; then matters are open for discussion; and Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) knows best!

The Bible and the Qur’an agree that the Exalted created both Adam and Eve; but they differ as to what happened next.

In Genesis (as you know), Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) prohibits both Adam and Eve from eating the fruits of the forbidden tree. However, the snake seduces Eve, and persuades her to eat from it: 'Now, the snake was the most subtle of all the wild animals that Yahweh God had made. It asked the woman: “Did God really say you were not to eat from any of the trees in the garden?” The woman answered the snake: “We may eat the fruit of the trees in the garden. But of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, ‘You must not eat it, nor touch it, under pain of death.’” Then the snake said to the woman: “No! You will not die! God knows in fact that the day you eat it your eyes will be opened and you will be like gods, knowing good from evil.”. The woman saw that the tree was good to eat and pleasing to the eye, and that it was enticing for the wisdom that it could give. So she took some of its fruit and ate it.’ (Genesis; 3: 1-6).

We are told that Eve persuaded Adam to eat with her; and that, when rebuked for his actions, Adam placed all the blame on her: ‘(God asked): “Have you been eating from the tree I forbade you to eat?” The man replied: “It was the woman you put with me; she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”’ (Verses 11-12).

Consequently, the Exalted said to Eve: ‘I shall give you intense pain in childbearing, you will give birth to your children in pain.’ (Verse 16).

The Qur’an presents a different account: ‘But you, Adam, and your wife live in the Garden. Both of you eat whatever you like, but do not go near this tree or you will become wrongdoers. Satan whispered to them so as to expose their nakedness, which had been hidden from them. He said: “Your Lord only forbade you this tree to prevent you becoming angels or immortals,” and he swore to them: “I am giving you sincere advice” - he lured them with lies. Their nakedness became exposed to them when they had eaten from the tree: they began to put together leaves from the Garden to cover themselves. Their Lord called to them: “Did I not forbid you to approach that tree? Did I not warn you that Satan was your sworn enemy?” (Al-A‘raf: 19-23).

You will see that the Qur’an places equal blame on both Adam and Eve for their mistake. Nowhere in the Qur’an do we find even the slightest suggestion that Eve tempted Adam to eat from the tree; or even that she had eaten before him. In the Qur’an, Eve is not a temptress; not a seducer; and not a deceiver. Moreover, she is not told that she (and by implication, all women after her) would suffer intense pain in childbearing as a direct result of her actions.

Adam and Eve committed a sin. That much is clear. It was not Adam alone. When challenged, they replied: ‘Our Lord, we have wronged our souls: if You do not forgive us and have mercy, we shall be lost.’ (Al-A‘raf: 23).

Islam teaches that to sin is merely a part of life. However, no act is sinful unless the person knows it to be wrong, and has wilful intent. But the knowledge of good and evil did not come to Adam (or to Eve) until after the event. Only then did he realise his mistake. He was like a child who hears an obscene word for the very first time and - in all innocence - repeats it to his parents (usually in full voice, and in front of the neighbours). What parent would punish his child for such innocent behaviour - still less punish, many years later, his grandchildren for the origin ‘sin’ of their dad?
Muslims do not believe that Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) behaved in this way.

The Dominican theologian (St) Thomas Aquinas writes: ‘It was not necessary that God should become incarnate for the restoration of human nature. For God with His omnipotent power could have restored human nature in many other ways.’ (Summa Theologica: Part Three; Question 1, Article3).

Muslims believe that Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) did indeed choose a different way of dealing with Adam – the way of forgiveness: ‘Then Adam received some words from his Lord and He accepted his repentance: He is the Ever Relenting, the Most Merciful.’ (Al-Baqara: 37).

Muslims do not accept that mankind suffers the consequences of Adam’s sin; and the reason they do not is that this sin was wiped out by a simple act of Mercy; one that ruled out any need for universal redemption.

Islam places great emphasis on the nature of Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla)’s forgiveness - not just for Adam and Eve - but for each of us. According to Islamic theology, all shall stand before Him on the Day of Judgment. Each will be given a record of their lives. Those who receive this record in their right hand will be admitted to Paradise; and those who receive it in their left will not.

According to tradition, our good deeds are recorded straight away; whereas our bad are not recorded until several hours have passed, to allow for repentance. A recorded sin can be erased by sincere and genuine repentance (tawbah). Not only does tawbah wipe out an evil deed, it transforms that deed into a good one: ‘Those who repent, believe, and do good deeds, Allāh will change the evil deeds of such people into good ones. He is most forgiving, most merciful’ (Al-Furqan: 70).

Every day of their lives - many times a day - Muslims speak the words: ‘The Lord of Mercy’; ‘The Giver of Mercy’; ‘The Compassionate’; ‘The Merciful’. These are the Beloved’s Names. We did not give them to Him, He chose them for Himself. Of all His Names, these are His favorite. That is why we are asked to speak them so often - so that we do not forget Who it is that loves us; Who it is that binds us to Himself with ties of tenderness, mercy and forgiveness.

You write: ‘A judge who pardons law-breakers isn’t a righteous judge……Likewise, overlooking sin would make the holy God unjust.’

Forgiveness is the act of pardoning someone for a mistake or wrongdoing. To pardon someone is to release them from the obligation to provide restitution; or from the need to suffer any form of punishment.

When someone is forgiven their debt is wiped out entirely.

Forgiveness was, and is, central to the Exalted’s very nature. This can be seen from the fact that He is, almost always, the subject of the various ‘forgiveness’ verbs contained in the Tanakh; the most frequent of which is ‘Salach’; meaning ‘to pardon’.

The Tanakh tells us that the Exalted pardons absolutely: ‘Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.’ (Micah 7:18-19); and again: ‘I, I am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins.’ (Isaiah 43:25); and yet again: ‘Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to anger and rich in faithful love; His indignation does not last for ever, nor His resentment remain for all time; He does not treat us as our sins deserve, nor repay us as befits our offences. As the height of Heaven above earth, so strong is His faithful love for those who fear Him. As the distance of east from west, so far from us does He put our faults. As tenderly as a father treats his children, so Yahweh treats those who fear Him; He knows of what we are made, He remembers that we are dust.’ (Psalm 103: 8-14).

Christians and Muslims agree that the love, mercy and compassion of Allāh (subḥānahu ūta'āla) are the greatest of things, without which none of us could stand, not even for the briefest of moments. A person could spend an eternity in contemplation of this truth and not touch the depth and breadth of it.

You write: ‘God the Son sacrificed Himself to God the Father and thereby fulfilled all the requirements of the Law.’

We can search ‘til the cows come home, but nowhere in the Tanakh will we find a single Law that requires of the Exalted that He sacrifice Himself to Himself.

As you know, Islam rejects the notion that Yeshua was (is) wholly God and wholly man. It also rejects the notion that he was crucified. However, for the sake of discussion, let’s agree that both notions are correct.

We are agreed (I hope) that it is not possible for God to die. The notion that an omnipotent and eternal Second Person of the Trinity (‘God the Son’) could sacrifice himself to the First Person (‘God the Father’) is facepalm theology.

It cannot have been the Exalted who died upon the cross. The one who died was Yeshua the man. This would make him a human sacrifice.

In my previous post I ask: ‘And where in the Bible does it state that God requires a human sacrifice in order to forgive sin?’

The honest answer is: ‘Nowhere’.

Human sacrifice is so horrible a concept to Yahweh that it did not even enter His mind to demand it from His creation (see Jeremiah 19: 4-6; Psalm 106:37-38; and Ezekiel 16:20).

Aware of this (perhaps) you write: ‘God didn’t sacrifice Jesus. Rather, Jesus, as God incarnate, sacrificed Himself. No one forced Him. He laid down His life willingly….’

Here’s what three of the ‘evangelists’ have to say:

‘They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.” Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” Once more he went away and prayed the same thing…. Returning the third time, he said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Enough! The hour has come. Look, the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!” (Mark 14: 32-42).

‘Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”……He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”’ (Matt 26: 36-46).

‘Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.’ (Luke 22:39-44).

A number of things are clear from these verses:

First: Yeshua is behaving exactly as one would expect a scared human to behave. Most certainly, he did not want to die by crucifixion (‘Take this cup from me’). Please take special note of Luke’s: ‘An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.’ Why would a mere angel be needed to strengthen one who is both ‘God and man’? Surely the divine nature of Yeshua would have been more than enough? The fact than Luke mentions an angel is an indication (one might suppose) that he (Luke) did not regard Yeshua as divine; but rather as a man in need of God’s help.

Second: Yeshua submitted himself to the will of God (‘My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.’…… ‘Yet not what I will, but what you will’).

Third: Yeshua did not surrender voluntarily to the authorities, but was betrayed (‘Here comes my betrayer!’).

Yeshua did not sacrifice himself (not according to these verses); rather he surrendered to the Will of One who wanted him sacrificed (according to these verses). This brings us back to the question: ‘Where in the Bible does it state that God requires a human sacrifice – so horrible a concept to Him that it did not even enter His mind to demand it from His creation – in order to forgive sin?’

And here is the question that took me away from Christianity after more than sixty years of practise: ‘If the Exalted could say to mankind (through Adam): ‘You have sinned, depart from Me’ why could He not have said – quite simply – ‘You are forgiven, return to Me.’ What need of Yeshua (ʿalayhi as-salām), other than as a prophet?

I found my answer in the Qur’an.

Have a very merry Christmas, and the best of New Years.

PS: I’m not ignoring the other comments you’ve made; it’s just that time is short at the moment. In šāʾ Allāh, I shall return to them very soon. Meantime, perhaps you can explain how it is possible for Yeshua to be both ‘wholly God’ and ‘wholly man’ at one and the same time?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,868.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Given Islam's spreading by the sword and it's inherent sense of Dominance over all those who would oppose them, why would terrorist actions (unless one accepts Christian notions of humility and that earthly power and authority is not necessary in religion) make Muslims think twice about their religion?

Upvote 0