Is this what the Opposition to Trump want?

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You are listed as an atheist. Which I suppose is a faith unto itself. But since you don't believe in the Bible or what it says, if I quote the Bible to you wouldn't that be an exercise in futility?

Not at all. I may not accept the authority of scriptures but I am still interested to see what specifically underpins your opinions.

Just because we disagree on a surface subject doesn't mean I am not interested to learn about why it is your belief and what material, experiences or otherwise brought you to your opinion or belief on any individual matter.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Abandoning logic and reason to become obsessed over one person is hardly a way to introduce logic and reason into government.
Logic and reason are both concerned about Mr. Trump's opposition to them.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thus shows the folly of the post poster trying to post posts to explain previous posts made by the poster.

In future, the other poster will endeavor to remain silent when the poster's posts are clearly misunderstood by a third poster. The other poster will post a poster and a post it to remind the other poster to refrain from posting such posts.

• Winner
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In fact now that I think about it social distancing would be anathema in 1984. Social pressure was even more important than Big Brother and everyone you spoke to just might be reporting you. Left alone to think (social isolation) would have bred if not resistance at least awareness that something was wrong.
Big Brother would've been all over Twitter.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not at all. I may not accept the authority of scriptures but I am still interested to see what specifically underpins your opinions.

Just because we disagree on a surface subject doesn't mean I am not interested to learn about why it is your belief and what material, experiences or otherwise brought you to your opinion or belief on any individual matter.
Well I apologize ... but your "pray tell the mental gymnastics routine required to arrive at the conclusion" didn't really portray an honest interest in learning. It appeared to be mocking an opposing opinion rather than showing interest in it. I'll have to get back to you, we're about to step out to find TP.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well I apologize ... but your "pray tell the mental gymnastics routine required to arrive at the conclusion" didn't really portray an honest interest in learning. It appeared to be mocking an opposing opinion rather than showing interest in it. I'll have to get back to you, we're about to step out to find TP.

Fair assessment. I think we're all a bit worn thin right now! Apologies!

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is wrong. Good Friday and Easter are holidays, but the Christian faith does not revolve around holidays. They are traditions instilled by the men of the Church. They are not even Biblical holidays. Their meaning derives from the Bible but God's Word nowhere instructs us to observe these as holidays. Even Passover is legitimately a Biblical holiday while Easter and Good Friday are not. Easter is a recognition that the Passover holiday is fulfilled but it is not a holiday from God's Word in and of itself.

Even if they were Biblical holidays, the entirety of the Christian faith does NOT revolve around ANY holidays. The Christian faith revolves around the Gospel message of Christ's Redemptive work for the Salvation of mankind. Easter and Good Friday do point to the Gospel but they are simply traditional celebrations - they are neither sacraments nor Biblical holidays. In Christianity, one can know and evangelize the Gospel without needing holidays to do so.

The holidays are positive and good for the Church but they are not essentials by any means and can be cancelled, especially when the reason for cancellation is to serve our fellow man by protecting their lives. I can't understand how a Christian can justify putting these holidays over the well-being and very lives of their fellow man.

Even atheists in this thread, who have no Christian faith, can objectively understand this in the context of God's Word and the Christian religion.

Communion is a major thing. Good Friday and Easter are major, not minor.

You cannot dictate how others should celebrate these things. That is between them and God.

I might think allowance a. or b. acceptable in my faith/relationship with God, but others may not hold the same convictions, they may have different opinions than I do and I cannot nor will I make judgments or determinations for what constitutes acceptable religious practice for anyone but me.

I don't appreciate it being done to me and I sure won't do it to another human being.

When it comes to matters of faith people HAVE to do what they believe is right.

No one has the right to take that away, if they do I imagine God will visit that upon their own heads come judgment.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
We just want to watch him leave office, so logic and reason can have a chance to be used in government again.
By canceling Easter/Pascha , ending Holy and Great Friday , a Atheist wet dream. How do we know the restrictions won't be lifted by the left? After all , churches with gatherings, according to them is a threat due to a stupid virus. How many years will this last?

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is wrong. Good Friday and Easter are holidays, but the Christian faith does not revolve around holidays. They are traditions instilled by the men of the Church. They are not even Biblical holidays. Their meaning derives from the Bible but God's Word nowhere instructs us to observe these as holidays. Even Passover is legitimately a Biblical holiday while Easter and Good Friday are not. Easter is a recognition that the Passover holiday is fulfilled but it is not a holiday from God's Word in and of itself.

Even if they were Biblical holidays, the entirety of the Christian faith does NOT revolve around ANY holidays. The Christian faith revolves around the Gospel message of Christ's Redemptive work for the Salvation of mankind. Easter and Good Friday do point to the Gospel but they are simply traditional celebrations - they are neither sacraments nor Biblical holidays. In Christianity, one can know and evangelize the Gospel without needing holidays to do so.

The holidays are positive and good for the Church but they are not essentials by any means and can be cancelled, especially when the reason for cancellation is to serve our fellow man by protecting their lives. I can't understand how a Christian can justify putting these holidays over the well-being and very lives of their fellow man.

Even atheists in this thread, who have no Christian faith, can objectively understand this in the context of God's Word and the Christian religion.
You don't even believe Christ is fully man, and fully God, you believe in One nature, so Pascha irrelevant to you.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Social distancing forever ? Persecuctions over status of disease, churches closed forever , no social interactions. It seems some want a 1984 technocratic society that locked down permentely , they already attacked Christ by canceling Pascha / Easter

We’re not going back to normal
"Cancel Easter".

I think you are missing something there...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mediocre pickle

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2020
NC
✟24,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
By canceling Easter/Pascha , ending Holy and Great Friday , a Atheist wet dream.

That is not among my dreams or desires, much less my wet dreams.

How do we know the restrictions won't be lifted by the left?

What does being left or right of center have to do with public health efforts?

After all , churches with gatherings, according to them is a threat due to a stupid virus.

All gatherings carry a threat of spearing the virus farther and faster.

How many years will this last?
Not even one. Worst case 2-3 months.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When it comes to matters of faith people HAVE to do what they believe is right.

You don't have the right to kill me, no matter how much you want to do so.

No one has the right to take that away

I certainly do have the right to take away your "right" to kill me.

if they do I imagine God will visit that upon their own heads come judgment.

Doubt it's my head that the judgement will fall on. It's you looking to murder.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By canceling Easter/Pascha , ending Holy and Great Friday , a Atheist wet dream.

You have got to be kidding me. That's a 4-day long weekend here in Australia. Why on Earth would I want it ended?

How do we know the restrictions won't be lifted by the left?

Because they were imposed by the right.

After all , churches with gatherings, according to them is a threat due to a stupid virus. How many years will this last?

As long as it takes. You can go back to your showy displays of righteousness to other people once there's no chance doing so kills me or mine.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,556.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
By canceling Easter/Pascha , ending Holy and Great Friday , a Atheist wet dream. How do we know the restrictions won't be lifted by the left? After all , churches with gatherings, according to them is a threat due to a stupid virus. How many years will this last?

Wassali Kokorin disagrees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me, this is Christian forums, when did Atheists take it over,? Gurilla warfare?

This is the tiny bit of CF non Christians can post in. In fact, there's an entire set of Christian only political forums you could have started this thread in.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me, this is Christian forums, when did Atheists take it over,? Gurilla warfare?

Ease off that trigger mate...

We’re in a minority here, as we are worldwide. No one’s “taking over” anything. Just offering alternate views...

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't even believe Christ is fully man, and fully God, you believe in One nature, so Pascha irrelevant to you.
You have no idea what I believe, you're clueless. Typical catechumen.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you think atheists took it over? Why do you care if there are atheists here? Why are you being critical towards them instead of evangelizing to them?

Upvote 0