Is this what the Opposition to Trump want?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Cooperation between church and state doesn't go well at times, one must remember the Communist period, it why ROCOR exsits, or in your church why their was two different archdiocese not in Communion with each other, or cooperation with the Islamic authorties often meant persecution.

Heretical
Nonsense. At least it is not heretical for a layperson in the Roman Catholic church or the Anglican Communion, given the special circumstances under which it is allowed. I would not be surprised if the Orthodox churches allowed it as well, again, give a sufficient emergency.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In this country, and I mean real hardcore salafists who don't obey authority , not the conformist groups.

Then they get the same treatment as anyone else who breaks the law. What's wrong with that?

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then they get the same treatment as anyone else who breaks the law. What's wrong with that?
I don't think liberal new Yorkers or Californians stand a chance for people willing to die for their faith, as opposed people who get scared of their own shadow.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I knew it

or in your church why their was two different archdiocese not in Communion with each other, or cooperation with the Islamic authorties often meant persecution.
Two different archdioceses (note - two is plural)? What would those be? Also it's "there were" not "their was". Not sure what your comment about "cooperation with the Islamic authorties [sic]" means. Clearly you just recently did a (shallow) Google search about Armenian/Armenians and now you're filling in the gaps in your knowledge with your guesses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The blood and body of Christ , and the sacraments are served by the priests in the church, not by some lay person who view it as mere Symbolism like Protestants. The Eucharist is essential in the Christian Life.
Psst. Most Protestants do not think or do what you said there.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In this country, and I mean real hardcore salafists who don't obey authority , not the conformist groups.

Since you've defined your group as ones who won't obey authority, I guess it would be no surprise if they didn't obey authority. Not sure there are any such bugaboos though.

Btw the Al Aqsa Mosque is controlled by the Jordanian monarchy, hardly Salafi.

Wahhabi should count, then.

original.jpg

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think liberal new Yorkers or Californians stand a chance for people willing to die for their faith, as opposed people who get scared of their own shadow.

I take it that you are such a person? Willing to die for your faith?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not necessarily, but Traditional Christians who believe in some form of the "real presence" generally hold that the Elements need to be prepared in a special ceremonial way. It's not just sharing bread and wine in remembrance, but the real presence of Christ which is being invoked. But there is no requrement that the ceremony must be held in a church or that the Elements, once consecrated, cannot be taken to those who, for good reason, cannot attend in person.

Time for my favorite Catholic question. According to the Roman Catholic Church who may perform a valid Baptism?

I have my favorite answer memorized. Fair warning it is rather strong.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Time for my favorite Catholic question. According to the Roman Catholic Church who may perform a valid Baptism?

I have my favorite answer memorized. Fair warning it is rather strong.
The answer is the same for the Orthodox church which James4Christ belongs to.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The answer is the same for the Orthodox church which James4Christ belongs to.
Actually it's not. You do not need to be a Christian to administer a valid baptism in emergency according to Catholic theology, but you do as a Orthodox.

• Informative
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Actually it's not. You do not need to be a Christian to administer a valid baptism in emergency according to Catholic theology, but you do as a Orthodox.

That agrees with what I found. The phrasing from one Catechism I have somewhere on my shelves is rather strong and in fact goes a bit farther.

Let he who says a baptism performed by an unbeliever, intending to do what the Church does, is not a valid baptism be anathema.

That means holding that position is cause to be cast out of The Church and doomed to Hell.

I do not have any knowledge of teh Orthodox position.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Is there any reason to doubt that someone who doesn't attend church services anyway would most likely consider that to be good advice? ;)
No. Because giving people advice that might kill them is stupid.

Telling someone to go to church when it could kill them is stupid or malicious.

I’ll leave common sense to decide which.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By canceling Easter/Pascha , ending Holy and Great Friday , a Atheist wet dream. How do we know the restrictions won't be lifted by the left? After all , churches with gatherings, according to them is a threat due to a stupid virus. How many years will this last?
I know plenty of people that are agnostic and atheist. Very rarely do I hear any of them advocate doing away with freedom of religion.

That said, God as I know him is not limited by man-made law or restriction. I can commune with God anytime anyplace anywhere. I am not familiar with a god that is limited by ritual and tradition.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you understand me in the least.

When it comes to what someone believes is right, according their THEIR faith practice, is not something either you nor I can dictate to them.

You believe that according to your beliefs, that you can avoid church, skip any form of Easter or Good Friday communally, make your own sacraments or skip them all together and that's all well and good. Good for you! (I posted a lovely recipe for people who might wish)

But if someone else disagrees, it's not YOUR job to dictate to them they follow YOUR interpretation of THEIR faith.

I'm a new enough Christian and in examining scripture I've come to my own conclusions for ME. And while we can sit all day long and argue the finer points of faith, debate and discuss scripture etc. but what we CANT do morally, is to force anyone to follow the faith according to another man's definition.

As Scripture said, for the one who believes something is sin, then for them it is sin because anything not done in faith is sin. (Romans 14:23)..

Everything we do must be done from faith... is someone truly believes they are sinning if they avoid church over long, or believes they can't make the sacraments etc etc. then for them it is sin, and if you force them to do what is against their conscience, then you have caused them to sin.

"We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves."

We can't dictate to anyone anything, you can debate the finer points from scripture, but you can't dictate faith.

When you believe you can, that is when you overstep your bounds.
So are you cool with satanist and pagans following their faiths without any limitations from the law? Being able to break the law in order to practice their religion?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The blood and body of Christ , and the sacraments are served by the priests in the church, not by some lay person who view it as mere Symbolism like Protestants. The Eucharist is essential in the Christian Life.
Serving the sacraments in person this year could kill the priest.

what you are describing is a ritual of your faith but it isn’t biblical. The early church didn’t do it either. You’re stuck on symbolism. What exactly is it you think will happen if don’t get communion?

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Serving the sacraments in person this year could kill the priest.
Is someone forcing a priest to "serve" the sacraments?

what you are describing is a ritual of your faith but it isn’t biblical.
So it matters what non-members think of some faith, but not what the faith itself professes or what its own members believe? How interesting.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Is someone forcing a priest to "serve" the sacraments?

So it matters what non-members think of some faith, but not what the faith itself professes or what its own members believe? How interesting.

Wow! It is interesting! Almost how Christians are always telling Jews how they got their faith all wrong and Christians are the only ones that understand what the Jews are supposed to believe.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So are you cool with satanist sand pagans following their faiths without any limitations from the law? Being able to break the law in order to practice their religion?[/QUO
I did not know that!
2662.jpg

I was referring Dietrich B. But I'd bet she sure doesn't want Easter to go away. It is the roots of far too many theatrical and film productions.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0