Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But again ... how is water held in place if it had egdes?

The oceans are on a flat creation, the water just lays flat except for the motion of the large oceans that have waves. As for where is the boundary for the water. I do not know the Bible does not say.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The oceans are on a flat creation, the water just lays flat except for the motion of the large oceans that have waves. As for where is the boundary for the water. I do not know the Bible does not say.

Ah okay, Yes I never knew the planet could be flat really, I haven`t really seen it myself so

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ah okay, Yes I never knew the planet could be flat really, I haven`t really seen it myself so

Well this is a big (some what) controversially subject among some Christians.

There are some (not many) but i am one, who believe the creation God created. Is not the same as what science has lead people to believe.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well this is a big (some what) controversially subject among some Christians.

There are some (not many) but i am one, who believe the creation God created. Is not the same as what science has lead people to believe.

I`m actually moving more and more away from science myself

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Again, I really don't care to needlessly argue, but there is a clear difference between a requirement for salvation and a sign or indication of a heart that's been saved.

Love is in the sign of a heart that's been saved and knows God category.

Do you have a verse that states that a person who has received eternal life will love their fellow humans. And if not then that person is not saved.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have a verse that states that a person who has received eternal life will love their fellow humans. And if not then that person is not saved.

I have already quoted one verse from the Bible which states that..

Again, read it if you like, otherwise stop quoting me to argue. I have no desire to argue unnecessarily.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I`m actually moving more and more away from science myself

Well i will say if you do look into the flat earth. Be careful there is a lot of people, that say a lot of stuff about the flat earth that is not Bible based.

Basically there is a lot of miss information being voiced.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well i will say if you do look into the flat earth. Be careful there is a lot of people, that say a lot of stuff about the flat earth that is not Bible based.

Basically there is a lot of miss information being voiced.

Thanks for the advice so much, but I mean again, haven`t astronatus seen the round planet from space, wouldn`t they say it`s flat if if were really flat or have they never really been into space to begin with?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have already quoted one verse from the Bible which states that..

Again, read it if you like, otherwise stop quoting me to argue. I have no desire to argue unnecessarily.

So this verse is not true.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the advice so much, but I mean again, haven`t astronatus seen the round planet from space, wouldn`t they say it`s flat if if were really flat or have they never really been into space to begin with?

That is what they science say they have done.
And they have provided pictures and video etc.. but the is all of that actually true.

Really are people actually just taking their (the scientist, government, etc.) word that this is actually true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I respect your point of view. However, I disagree. -> I don't want to turn this thread into a debate but according to Paul, in heaven we will have spiritual bodies and that's why marriage won't exist anymore, for instance. And according to the Bible, there will be a new earth.

1 Corinthians 15:50 and 1 Corinthians 15:35-50 in general.

Anyway, I believe that the end-times matters are all unknowns to us. The book of Revelations is full of symbols and I'm not interested in deciphering it for now. We have a lot of issues to deal with in our current times so let us focus on the present time whenever we can. :) <3

Are you saying there is no resurrection?

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That is what they science say they have done.
And they have provided pictures and video etc.. but the is all of that actually true.

Really are people actually just taking their (the scientist, government, etc.) word that this is actually true.

Yes, we`ve never really been into space ourself so

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we`ve never really been into space ourself so

According to the Bible there is no outer space to go to, that idea come from man, science, government .

God in the Bible states His creation is heaven and earth.

In Genesis chapter 1 God states that He created a raqia (firmament, expanse, vault) that separates large bodies of water one body of water the oceans and another body of water above the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault).

The sun, moon and stars are place in the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault) and move over the earth.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
According to the Bible there is no outer space to go to, that idea come from man, science, government .

God in the Bible states His creation is heaven and earth.

In Genesis chapter 1 God states that He created a raqia (firmament, expanse, vault) that separates large bodies of water one body of water the oceans and another body of water above the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault).

The sun, moon and stars are place in the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault) and move over the earth.

I understand, it`s an interesting though though really

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I understand, it`s an interesting though though really
Well i will leave you with this.

Not sure if you read much but hear are a few books that can be read.
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Heaven.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.com/Terra-Firma-...HKQ14D48QZS&psc=1&refRID=PQ4N4ZMZQHKQ14D48QZS

https://www.amazon.com/King-Dethron...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=96HFGNN80FVHJ54METR1

You may say these are older books and now science has photos, video, etc.. but again are these real are you trusting enough in humanity to believe that people would not lie to you.

You will have to decide.

Do you believe mankind humanity, science, governments, media (tv, print,computer), Hollywood, churches/preachers, about Gods creation or the Bibles.

People because of science has in their view of the Bible. have made the Bible out to try and agree with science etc..

When it does not, one example in Genesis chapter 1. God states he created two lights the sun and moon. God does not say he created a light (sun) and a sun light reflector (the moon). Science says that the moon reflects the sun light and that is how the moon is lit but that is not what the Bible says, The Bible states the moon is a created light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well i will leave you with this.

Not sure if you read much but hear are a few books that can be read.
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Heaven.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

https://www.amazon.com/Terra-Firma-...HKQ14D48QZS&psc=1&refRID=PQ4N4ZMZQHKQ14D48QZS

https://www.amazon.com/King-Dethron...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=96HFGNN80FVHJ54METR1

You may say these are older books and now science has photos, video, etc.. but again are these real are you trusting enough in humanity to believe that people would not lie to you.

You will have to decide.

Do you believe mankind humanity, science, governments, media (tv, print,computer), Hollywood, churches/preachers, about Gods creation or the Bibles.

People because of science has in their view of the Bible. have made the Bible out to try and agree with science etc..

When it does not, one example in Genesis chapter 1. God states he created two lights the sun and moon. God does not say he created a light (sun) and a sun light reflector (the moon). Science says that the moon reflects the sun light and that is how the moon is lit but that is not what the Bible says, The Bible states the moon is a created light.

Yes it`s very interesting, I might read some, I do think the moon is lit up by the sun though, not everything in bible is modern perhaps, but you never really know

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello again, I was just thinking ... I`m not antisocial or something, but I don`t really want to live with humans in heaven only animals ... what does God do in these situations, is there separate heavens perhap? You could say I will not go to heaven for not loving others enough to want to stay with them forever but I really don`t want to anymore, so what does he to in these situations?

The bible does not speak of animals being in the kingdom in heaven ... however it does state there will be animals on the new earth that the Lord will create. He will move the now heavenly kingdom to the earth after that and is described as a cube 1,500 miles, long wide and tall.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The bible does not speak of animals being in the kingdom in heaven ... however it does state there will be animals on the new earth that the Lord will create. He will move the now heavenly kingdom to the earth after that and is described as a cube 1,500 miles, long wide and tall.

What do you mean with a cube really?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean with a cube really?

In the Revelation of St. John the heavenly/new Jerusalem is described as being a cube, or at least it seems to be. Note, however, that most Christians don't take these sorts of things literally, that is, the language of the Revelation is usually figurative and symbolic. In other words, we don't believe a massive heavenly cube is going to literally float down from outer space and land upon planet Earth. Rather, the heavenly city is symbolic, not a literal city, and not a literal cube at that.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes it`s very interesting, I might read some, I do think the moon is lit up by the sun though, not everything in bible is modern perhaps, but you never really know

Most Christians are fine with with the fact that the Bible often employs language limited by the knowledge of the people who wrote it. In other words, we don't expect the Bible to be scientifically accurate, that's not the point of the Bible.

Christians have, for two thousand years, been perfectly fine with this, and we've had no trouble accepting the sphericity of the earth (the earth has been known to be round since the time of Erastothenes, centuries before Christ), virtually every educated Christian since the beginning of the Church has accepted and believed that the earth is round. Belief in a "flat earth" has only been a thing in recent times, it is a purely modern invention.

It's not a controversial subject in Christianity, except in that a tiny handful of Christians have fallen prey to crank conspiracy theories and pseudo-science.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0