Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hello again, I was just thinking ... I`m not antisocial or something, but I don`t really want to live with humans in heaven only animals ... what does God do in these situations, is there separate heavens perhap? You could say I will not go to heaven for not loving others enough to want to stay with them forever but I really don`t want to anymore, so what does he to in these situations?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In my humble opinion, all of us are going to see things quite a bit differently when we get to the other side. That doesn't mean that our convictions here and now are wrong, but I really feel that we will have our eyes opened in ways that we cannot even contemplate now.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hello again, I was just thinking ... I`m not antisocial or something, but I don`t really want to live with humans in heaven only animals ... what does God do in these situations, is there separate heavens perhap? You could say I will not go to heaven for not loving others enough to want to stay with them forever but I really don`t want to anymore, so what does he to in these situations?

That which is to come isn't conformed to us, we are being conformed to it.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to the Bible, there are various places in Heaven (John 14:2). However, always remember that you will be in heaven as a soul. That is, your material interests and feelings will not be there anymore. You won't feel bored for example -> and this debunks the idea that heaven is boring from some people.

I think it is mainly about the existence of souls. You will be surrounded by good souls and you will not perceive it exactly the way we perceive others today.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
According to the Bible, there are various places in Heaven (John 14:2). However, always remember that you will be in heaven as a soul. That is, your material interests and feelings will not be there anymore. You won't feel bored for example -> and this debunks the idea that heaven is boring from some people.

I think it is mainly about the existence of souls. You will be surrounded by good souls and you will not perceive it exactly the way we perceive others today.

Yes I understand sort of, but what if you don`t want to be around these souls?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is it likely that heaven is a place in which the souls of the saved are going to be uncomfortable in any way? That would amount to a denial of what heaven is supposed to be.

Upvote 0

Yennora

Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It depends on how you define want as a soul in my opinion. Since my time to pass away hadn't yet came. I cannot tell how it feels.

But I can share something. In many instances I noticed that there are some particular people that are so kind and innocent in a way that I feel I long to them. Those people when you talk to them you get a bit isolated from the material world and you feel as if you were in heaven. I think in those times the soul-soul interaction that we will have in heaven is being prevailed on earth but in a limited way.

Also, the Bible spoke about all creatures waiting for the day of the lord (Romans 8:18-22), do you think animals will have a place as in Eden? Could be. (but if so, then again, not with their material bodies)

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is it likely that heaven is a place in which the souls of the saved are going to be uncomfortable in any way? That would amount to a denial of what heaven is supposed to be.

Yes, I think so, I know people behave better when they`re happy and get what they want, but I wouldn`t like it

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I`ll lose my body? ;(

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We don't know what "be around" actually means in heaven. We are just going by our present-day experiences. And we do not know if our likes and dislikes in this life will have the same pull with us in heaven as they do now. As I said before, our perspective is bound to be changed entirely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We don't get to decide what Heaven is.

We don't magically get a different personality when we go to heaven.

This is why we must not be conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of our minds to God and His ways.

Transformed means metamorphosis... become something new. When we are saved and pursue Him we become more like Him bit by bit (glory to glory). God likes people. Quite a lot actually. So if you don't, there's some transforming into His image that needs to be done. But no worries, that's kinda His deal, so you'll always have help, you just have to accept it.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this world or realm there are many things that are only because of sin.. the fall of man. These are lies.. not true.

Can you go any where now and be alone? what do you think Heaven will be like? :) He knows exactly what makes you happy. And it WILL be there for you.

Upvote 0

Yennora

Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I`ll lose my body? ;(

Your value is mainly in your soul. :') Our bodies are just tools to help us live in the current world.

However, I see your point. When God created Eden, the purpose of Adam & Eve's bodies was far more superior than our times. Because it was planned for them to live forever and maintain their perfect bodies forever. I believe God created humans to enjoy his creation in the first place and that's why the body was vital.

Today, after the world was plagued. We have disabilities and disfiguration. Many people are unable to enjoy it all anymore.

Also to keep in mind, a weak body won't always have a happy soul. Remember that when the temperature gets too high we cannot behave normally. We also lose control if we drink too much alcohol and we might start growing depression with obesity.

That's why, we need to take care of our bodies for the current time. To allow for our souls to utilize that body to its maximum abilities.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In this world or realm there are many things that are only because of sin.. the fall of man. These are lies.. not true.

Can you go any where now and be alone? what do you think Heaven will be like? :) He knows exactly what makes you happy. And it WILL be there for you.

Sounds good, no humans there then :)

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Your value is mainly in your soul. :') Our bodies are just tools to help us live in the current world.

However, I see your point. When God created Eden, the purpose of Adam & Eve's bodies was far more superior than our times. Because it was planned for them to live forever and maintain their perfect bodies forever. I believe God created humans to enjoy his creation in the first place and that's why the body was vital.

Today, after the world was plagued. We have disabilities and disfiguration. Many people are unable to enjoy it all anymore.

Also to keep in mind, a weak body won't always have a happy soul. Remember that when the temperature gets too high we cannot behave normally. We also lose control if we drink too much alcohol and we might start growing depression with obesity.

That's why, we need to take care of our bodies for the current time. To allow for our souls to utilize that body to its maximum abilities.

Yes I try to maintain it with good foods and exercise everyday :)

• Winner
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

After the resurrection we will have bodies in heaven. Jesus has a body in heaven.

Later on heaven will be here on earth.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Yennora

Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,269.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
After the resurrection we will have bodies in heaven. Jesus has a body in heaven.

Later on heaven will be here on earth.

I respect your point of view. However, I disagree. -> I don't want to turn this thread into a debate but according to Paul, in heaven we will have spiritual bodies and that's why marriage won't exist anymore, for instance. And according to the Bible, there will be a new earth.

1 Corinthians 15:50 and 1 Corinthians 15:35-50 in general.

Anyway, I believe that the end-times matters are all unknowns to us. The book of Revelations is full of symbols and I'm not interested in deciphering it for now. We have a lot of issues to deal with in our current times so let us focus on the present time whenever we can. :) <3

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Not true, Christ didn't comeback as a soul only, He has a corporal body.

Upvote 0