Is there a reason prospects thin out as you get older?

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Babe, I'd agree. Depressing but theres always those stories that encourage and at the same time it may weed out the bad ones.

Absolutely. Listen - as a Christian, we should NEVER LOSE HOPE. There is NOTHING that God cannot do, and that includes helping us find a mate who is the right age (whatever that may be) and who thinks that we are the cat's pajamas and the most delectable, intoxicating creature they ever met. DON'T settle for less. The world's opinion shouldn't mean much more than dirt to us. Seriously.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lets. But, no more then 7 years please.

I can handle a very mature 24/25 year old but anyone younger then that, I don't know. Even today someone asked me how old I was and when I gave my age he just stopped it there. Why did he have to be 21? ^_^ I remember when I was a bit younger I could tell someonse age, I mean he looked young but his height and his beard and everything else, I would never have thought 21. 26/27 maybe, but not 21.

oh you wouldn't like these guys then. they're usually 15+ years older than me. :p

haha a few weeks ago i had to ID a guy at work buying a beer from me, and he looked so young I thought he had to be 16 or 17. Turns out he's a year older than me :eek:

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This thread is pretty rough. :sorry: Bottom line is I should play some hurry-up, I guess.

If you, particularly Sean, ought to take anything from this thread at all it should be that even as an older gentlemen you can still find love from a young girl :p

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
If you, particularly Sean, ought to take anything from this thread at all it should be that even as an older gentlemen you can still find love from a young girl :p
But you don't want to be that guy, in their late twenties going after young teenagers, or even older than that. There's a universal line where it starts getting really creepy/perverse for the guy not involved in the situation.

Plus I got other things on my mind regarding my life progress, so idk....I plan for a life being unmarried for at least the next 4 years. Single, though? No idea. Let's just move on from this post right now. >_>

Reactions: white dove
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But you don't want to be that guy, in their late twenties going after young teenagers, or even older than that. There's a universal line where it starts getting really creepy/perverse for the guy not involved in the situation.

ugh... i know that guy. the brother of one of my friends is dating a 16 yearold - he's 29. And he's making moves on a girl who just turned 19. I want to smack him. hard.

Upvote 0

puffca

Veteran
Mar 25, 2007
NY
✟11,080.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Guys always tend to go for younger chicks. Just a fact of life. And of course there are going to be more single young guys; people get married as they get older. So by the time we hit our 30's and 40's, the guys are either married, divorced with kids, baggage, and custody nightmares, or going after girls 10 years younger than we are.

:shrugs:

By this age, if a guy is not like what you said at all, if he is not married, not divorce, doesn't have baggage, has no kids...O.K., let's say, he is a virgin- would you ladies think that there is something wrong with him? :eheh: I bet many would.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
By this age, if a guy is not like what you said at all, if he is not married, not divorce, doesn't have baggage, has no kids...O.K., let's say, he is a virgin- would you ladies think that there is something wrong with him? :eheh: I bet many would.

You're probably right. But, as Vicky so eloquently put it, it doesn't even matter anyway. You shouldn't care what "so many people" would say. All you - or anyone else - should care about is the one person you're trying to find and living your life in accordance with what you believe and who you really are. If a bunch of mis-matches think something else about you that isn't flattering, it shouldn't really matter because they're not right for you anyway.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not all men are concerned with age or weight or anything like that. It's about finding someone whose Christian walk, personality, and goals are similar. Sure, some guys can se superficial or immature but they're not all that way.

It may be harder as you get older but it's far from impossible.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I wouldn't think there was something wrong with him or have a problem with that. I'm not sure if it would matter to other women or not, though no woman has ever mentioned that being a problem that I've heard offline. Honestly, the only place I've ever heard virginity being a big deal (either way) is online...mainly here.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Age itself doesn't bother me. I'd be happy to date someone 10 years younger and even a few years older than me.

Unfortunately - it's what comes with age that is harder to deal with.

Most women that I've met and would be interested in who are around my age are already married.

Or divorced...

Or seperated and have kids who would never accept me as a father figure (older kids) and that might be ok - but I've seen firsthand the headaches step-fathers have to endure because they aren't the biological parent. Talk about having your hands tied behind your back. Even when those kids treat you like poo, or your wife like poo - or their siblings, or your stuff - they aren't your biological seed so your say in any matter concerning them is greatly reduced - even when it affects you directly. Ugh. Triple ugh.

Another problem is baggage. I mean emotional baggage. Yeah, most people my age, if they are single, have it. But most single women my age aren't widows. They are divorcees or seperated. That often means they tend to have big chips on their shoulders and I'm going to bear the brunt of all their negative male experiences until they finally decide I'm not a reincarnation or clone of their former husband/partner who mistreated them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

So wise. You're not "that" guy and I'm so glad you see this distinction.

broken_one said:
Plus I got other things on my mind regarding my life progress, so idk....I plan for a life being unmarried for at least the next 4 years. Single, though? No idea. Let's just move on from this post right now. >_>

Your entire post was great. You just keep your wits about you and filter out all the crap and you'll do just fine. You sound like you're in a good/better place right now.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

lol, maybe I do want to be that guy. :) Not sayin' that I'm chasin' young girls, in fact the young girls are usually the ones that look at me for a relationship. Currently a 21 year old girl is madly in-love with me for some reason, like I can't even walk around the job-site without her starring at me or finding excuses to come follow me around lol

I'm just sayin' dude, when you look around at the culture we live in and see that every girl has baggage to deal with, you ought to consider which baggage has the least amount of problems for you; like, for instance, anybody with a child is going to be asking you to be willing to father her son without any prior attachments to the kid (which I think is just silly, that's like me saying, 'here, accept the debt I've racked up and will continue to incur for the remainder of this child's life; and not only that, but you must provide for us now and before I even consider you as an option to get to know'), and this is something you're generally going to have to deal with when dealing with older women around your own age at that point.

Or, you could end up with somebody you could actually develop your own family with; never have to worry about makin' a child feel welcome and equal to your child (which would be inevitable), and really only have to deal with the baggage of a sense of certain entitlement lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

I'm just sayin' dude, when you look around at the culture we live in and see that every girl has baggage to deal with, you ought to consider which baggage has the least amount of problems for you; like, for instance, anybody with a child is going to be asking you to be willing to father her son without any prior attachments to the kid (which I think is just silly, that's like me saying, 'here, accept the debt I've racked up and will continue to incur for the remained of this child's life; and not only that, but you must provide for us now'), and this is something you're generally going to have to deal with when dealing with older women around your own age at that point.

Or, you could end up with somebody you could actually develop your own family with; never have to worry about makin' a child feel welcome and equal to your child (which would be inevitable), and really only have to deal with the baggage of a sense of certain entitlement lol

Dating women with children may present new problems, but I wouldn't go so far as to view a child as a 'debt.' Children are always a blessing and should be viewed as such. (Even though, I'm sure sometimes bad behavior may make it seem like they are not a blessing :D)

Children, at a young age, can be very open to accepting new people into their life. I know some people in my age group who have come to view their step parents as if they were their biological parents. It may not be ideal, but they are probably better off for having that person in their life, and from the step-parent's side of it, I'm sure many of them wouldn't have it any other way.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0