Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Well, I'm confused about what you're saying again. How can the Sabbath start at sunrise in Eden and also at sunset in Jerusalem if they are only 10 hours apart?
Brother, calculating a Sabbath in Jerusalem at sunset before the seventh day of the week in Jerusalem at sunrise with the sunset and sunrise times below gives me an earlier time for the Sabbath of 13 hours before the seventh day of the week: 12 - 5 + 6 = 13.
  • Friday, February 11, 2022, sunset at 5:22 PM
  • Saturday, February 12, 2022, sunrise at 6:23 AM
The sun travels from right to left westward on the following map. If we go backwards from left to right from evening to morning in Jerusalem we get the 13-hour result above that takes the long path eastward from the International Date Line to Jerusalem. Eden is at zero with 23 other time zones until returning to the same zero point on the International Date Line. I calculate the shorter westward path from the International Date Line to Jerusalem by inverting the result: 23 - 13 = 10 hours from the International Date Line to Jerusalem.
World_Time_Zones_Map.png

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Brother, calculating a Sabbath in Jerusalem at sunset before the seventh day of the week in Jerusalem at sunrise with the sunset and sunrise times below gives me an earlier time for the Sabbath of 13 hours before the seventh day of the week: 12 - 5 + 6 = 13.
The sun travels from right to left westward on the following map. If we go backwards from left to right from evening to morning in Jerusalem we get the 13-hour result above that takes the long path eastward from the International Date Line to Jerusalem. Eden is at zero with 23 other time zones until returning to the same zero point on the International Date Line. I calculate the shorter westward path from the International Date Line to Jerusalem by inverting the result: 23 - 13 = 10 hours from the International Date Line to Jerusalem.
World_Time_Zones_Map.png

The Word of God is not confusing and keeping the Sabbath is not confusing- Friday evening to Saturday evening Leviticus 23:32 . You should prayerfully consider what you are teaching here, because none of this is in scripture.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems like you spend more time trying to discredit the Ten Commandments, so now saying you think they are significant is pretty surprising from all of your other posts to be honest.

I discredit a latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine that revolves around it's misinterpretation of the 4th commandment regarding Christians.

Not at all and you are reading in more than I stated. Jesus is our example to follow, which includes Sabbath keeping Luke 4:16, John 15:10. Jesus did not use all of His power or Glory when He was incarnate because He wanted to show us that man can overcome sin and we should follow in His steps.

Are you actually saying it took all of His power and glory to write on a couple of stone tablets? It took all of God's power and glory to do something a person can do? That's not said to discredit the Ten Commandments, it's said to point out how it seems like you're overexaggerating the level of work that took place. We can't make a bush burn without being consumed. We can't make a pillar of fire. We can't make it rain hail and fire from a clear sky. We can't make three days of darkness. We can't part the Red Sea. And we can't raise the mountain from which the tablets came from. But look at how many manmade copies of the Ten Commandments written on stone that exist. And then on top of that, Moses smashed the tablets shortly after they were written.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I discredit a latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine that revolves around it's misinterpretation of the 4th commandment regarding Christians.

You mean what God wrote you disagree with. God was pretty clear in my opinion, because this is what I believe.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

Are you actually saying it took all of His power and glory to write on a couple of stone tablets? It took all of God's power and glory to do something I can do myself?
Why do you always add more than what someone states. Maybe you can quote me saying this?

That's not said to discredit the Ten Commandments, it's said to point out how it seems like you're overexaggerating the amount of work that took place.
It's not the amount of work, its the magnitude of God's work! God personally wrote the Ten Commandments with His own finger, God personally spoke it with His own voice, it was placed inside the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God's Temple, that is also revealed in heaven. Revelation 11:19. Maybe you can quote other scripture that has all of these things... God wrote His holy law for us and according to one of the wisest men in the Bible said:

Ecclesiastes 12:13Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.

I can't make a bush burn without being consumed. I can't make a pillar of fire. I can't make it rain hail and fire from a clear sky. I can't part the Red Sea. And surely I can't raise the mountain from which the tablets came from. But I can carve the words of the ten commandments on two stone tablets. And I don't even have much experience with doing stonework.
No you can't! You cannot come down from Heaven and write God's law with your own finger on stone or speak it with your voice because you are not God. To even say such a thing, like you can replica what our Creator did, I will leave that between you and God.

I am going to bow out of this conversation, because it is really not fruitful. Be well and God bless.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
World_Time_Zones_Map.png

I wanted to follow up on this, but we're kind of far away from the thread topic imo, so I asked it over here:
Are different Sabbaths true?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean what God wrote you disagree with. God was pretty clear in my opinion, because this is what I believe.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

I'm not in disagreement with the scripture. I'm in disagreement with a latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine that misapplies it to New Covenant Christians.

Why do you always add more than what someone states. Maybe you can quote me saying this?
SabbathBlessings said:
But to answer your other question… Christ writing as a man incarnate on earth is not the same as Christ writing to man with all His power and Glory.

It's not the amount of work, its the magnitude of God's work! God personally wrote the Ten Commandments with His own finger

Actually I had already changed amount to level. I showed above you were saying it took a greater magnitude of power for Him to write on stone tablets, than it took Him to write in the sand as Jesus. Yet Jesus could have easily carved those stone tablets.

God personally spoke it with His own voice

God spoke all of His 613 laws to Moses with His own voice.

it was placed inside the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of God's Temple

So was a pot of manna and Aaron's staff.

that is also revealed in heaven. Revelation 11:19. Maybe you can quote other scripture that has all of these things... God wrote His holy law for us and according to one of the wisest men in the Bible said:

Many things were revealed in Haven. The Centerpiece is the Thrown of God, not the Ark.

Ecclesiastes 12:13Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.

The latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine you follow only focuses on one commandment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not in disagreement with the scripture. I'm in disagreement with a latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine misapplies it to New Covenant Christians is what's being denounced.

SabbathBlessings said:
But to answer your other question… Christ writing as a man incarnate on earth is not the same as Christ writing to man with all His power and Glory.

Actually I had already changed amount to level. I showed above you were saying it took a greater magnitude of power for Him to write on stone tablets, than it took Him to write in the sand as Jesus. Yet Jesus could have easily made an exact copy of the stone tablets.

God spoke all of His 613 laws to Moses with His own voice.

So was a jar of manna.

Many things were revealed in Haven. The Centerpiece is the Thrown of God, not the Ark.

The latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine you follow only focuses on one commandment.

Believe what you want but please do not speak on my behalf as to what I believe, because you truly have no idea and only God knows that I am sure hope you don't claim to be Him. Jesus will be our righteous Judge and only Him.

We will have to agree to disagree. Take care

• Winner
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believe what you want but please do not speak on my behalf as to what I believe, because you truly have no idea

Of course I do from reading your posts.

and only God knows that I am sure hope you don't claim to be Him.

One doesn't have to be God to read what you have written regarding the latter-day manmade unorthodox doctrine that misapplies scripture regarding New Covenant Christians.

Jesus will be our righteous Judge and only Him.

We will have to agree to disagree. Take care

Yes, that's right, we're disagreeing over interpretation and doctrine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.