Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep telling yourself you are free to murder, lie, break God's holy Sabbath day etc. This is not what Jesus teaches. Matthew 19:17-19, John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3 Hebrews 10:26-27 Matthew 7:21-23 1 John 2:3-5 Revelation 12:17, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 22:14-15, Matthew 5:17-20. Luke 4:16 You of course don't keep these commandment to be saved, you keep them because you have a changed heart- God's law written in the heart. Hebrews 8:10, Jer 31:33 You want to obey because you love God and it is a fruit of true faith.
I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.” Psalms 40:8,

If you are in Christ, you are obeying the law. It is impossible to be in the Spirit while sinning, which is breaking God's law. 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7, Romans 3:20 and breaking one commandment is like breaking them all. James 2:10-12. Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit for those who obey. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32.
The Spirit does Not lead me commit murder, lie, or defile His Sabbath...
But He will cleanse me from All my unrighteousness!

But you can claim to keep the Sabbath just by going to church on Saturday, but fail to keep all the other commandments in the 10commandments then you're a law breaker and a Sabbath breaker..
...."whosoever keeps the whole law and yet stumble at one point is guilty of breaking them All"...

Why?

Because, you are "alienated from Christ and have fallen away from Grace" Galatians 5:4, the only one who can keep the Law for you, you rejected!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Spirit does Not lead me commit murder, lie, or defile His Sabbath...
But He will cleanse me from All my unrighteousness!

But you can claim to keep the Sabbath just by going to church on Saturday, but fail to keep all the other commandments in the 10commandments then you're a law breaker and a Sabbath breaker..
...."whosoever keeps the whole law and yet stumble at one point is guilty of breaking them All"...

Why?

Because, you are "alienated from Christ and have fallen away from Grace" Galatians 5:4

Your post appears to be a bit of a contradiction. If you are in the Spirit you will not be breaking God's law including the Sabbath commandment.

But you can claim to keep the Sabbath just by going to church on Saturday,
Please quote me saying this. If you want to know you can simply ask!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post appears to be a bit of a contradiction. If you are in the Spirit you will not be breaking God's law including the Sabbath.

Please quote me saying this and if you can't than you are falsely accusing me of something that you have no idea. I have never met you, we are strangers on the internet, but I do like how when sharing scripture and instead even addressing the scripture I posted, you go straight to accusing me of sinning when know very little about me. Only God can judge, so I would leave that task to Him and He will be both of our Righteous judge. Take care.

I keep the Sabbath on the day called "Today" Hebrews 4..Not the 7th day according to the letter..

You follow the letter then you've fallen away from Grace, you rejected Christ!

If you rejected Christ you're still in your sins, that what's the bible says 1Corins 15

I'm not accusing you! I give you something to think about and ask God to reveal His mystery to you...

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so the Sabbath starts at 6:00 a.m. in Eden, which is 8:00 p.m. the night before in Jerusalem. In the wilderness, the Israelites were starting the Sabbath at 6:00 a.m. and that's the wrong time. But when the Israelites moved to the Jerusalem area, they switched to 8:00 p.m. the night before, and that's the right time. Do I have that right?
Brother, that sounds right to me based on your simplification of assigning 6 a.m. for the word "morning" and 8 p.m. for the word "evening". On the sixth day they prepared twice as much to keep it until "tomorrow" to eat it in the "morning". Clearly stated by Moses, divided is "tomorrow" from "today" on the "morning" of the seventh day. Moses tells them in the "morning" of the seventh day to eat “today” what they saved for "tomorrow" until the "morning". Clearly stated by Moses, divided is "tomorrow" from "today" in the morning.

On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much as usual—four quarts for each person instead of two. Then all the leaders of the community came and asked Moses for an explanation. He told them, “This is what the LORD commanded: TOMORROW will be a day of complete rest, a holy Sabbath day set apart for the LORD. So bake or boil as much as you want today, and set aside what is left for tomorrow.” So they put some aside until morning, just as Moses had commanded. And in the morning the leftover food was wholesome and good, without maggots or odor. Moses said, “Eat this food TODAY, for today is a Sabbath day dedicated to the LORD. There will be no food on the ground today. You may gather the food for six days, but the seventh day is the Sabbath. There will be no food on the ground that day.” Some of the people went out anyway on the seventh day, but they found no food. The LORD asked Moses, “How long will these people refuse to obey my commands and instructions? They must realize that the Sabbath is the LORD’s gift to you. That is why he gives you a two-day supply on the sixth day, so there will be enough for two days. On the Sabbath day you must each stay in your place. Do not go out to pick up food on the seventh day.” So the people did not gather any food on the seventh day. (Exodus 16:22-30 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I keep the Sabbath on the day called "Today" Hebrews 4..Not the 7th day according to the letter..

You follow the letter then you've fallen away from Grace, you rejected Christ!

If you rejected Christ you're still in your sins, that what's the bible says 1Corins 15

As explained previously Hebrews 4 says nowhere that the seventh day Sabbath is now called "today". God defined the Sabbath as being on the seventh day Exodus 20:10 we are warned not to add to God's Word. Proverbs 30:5-6

I said it before and I will say it again, if you are in Christ, walking with His Spirit you will be obeying. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32 If you find yourself literally breaking God's commandment, that spirit is not from God. 1 John 3:8

You seem to be falling into the "quoting Paul only trap" that Peter warns many use to their own destruction. . . this is good advice:

2 Peter 3:15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;

The wicked here means lawless and Paul did not teach lawless, nor did Jesus. Paul tells us what matters and that IS keeping the commandments of God 1 Cor 7:19

I'm out of this discussion, you are free to believe what you wish so we will need to agree to disagree, my hope and pray is that we all follow God in truth and Spirit. God bless and take care

• Agree
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, that sounds right to me based on your simplification of assigning 6 a.m. to the word "morning" and 8 p.m. to the word "evening". On the sixth day they prepared twice as much to keep it until "tomorrow" to eat it in the "morning". Clearly stated by Moses, divided is "tomorrow" from "today" on the "morning" of the seventh day. Moses tells them in the "morning" of the seventh day to eat “today” what they saved for "tomorrow" until the "morning". Clearly stated by Moses, divided is "tomorrow" from "today" in the morning.

On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much as usual—four quarts for each person instead of two. Then all the leaders of the community came and asked Moses for an explanation. He told them, “This is what the LORD commanded: TOMORROW will be a day of complete rest, a holy Sabbath day set apart for the LORD. So bake or boil as much as you want today, and set aside what is left for tomorrow.” So they put some aside until morning, just as Moses had commanded. And in the morning the leftover food was wholesome and good, without maggots or odor. Moses said, “Eat this food TODAY, for today is a Sabbath day dedicated to the LORD. There will be no food on the ground today. You may gather the food for six days, but the seventh day is the Sabbath. There will be no food on the ground that day.” Some of the people went out anyway on the seventh day, but they found no food. The LORD asked Moses, “How long will these people refuse to obey my commands and instructions? They must realize that the Sabbath is the LORD’s gift to you. That is why he gives you a two-day supply on the sixth day, so there will be enough for two days. On the Sabbath day you must each stay in your place. Do not go out to pick up food on the seventh day.” So the people did not gather any food on the seventh day. (Exodus 16:22-30 NLT)​

Okay, so then it sounds like, based on what you're saying, that Joshua did give them rest starting at 8:00 p.m. the night before.

But then they lost that rest at some later time?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As explained previously Hebrews 4 says nowhere that the seventh day Sabbath is now called "today". God defined the Sabbath as being on the seventh day Exodus 20:10 we are warned not to add to God's Word. Proverbs 30:5-6

I said it before and I will say it again, if you are in Christ, walking with His Spirit you will be obeying. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32 If you find yourself literally breaking God's commandment, that spirit is not from God. 1 John 3:8

You seem to be falling into the "quoting Paul only trap" that Peter warns that many use to their own destruction. . . this is good advice:

2 Peter 3:15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;

The wicked here means lawless and Paul did not teach lawless, nor did Jesus. Paul tells us what matters and that IS keeping the commandments of God 1 Cor 7:19

I'm out of this discussion, you are free to believe what you wish so we will need to agree to disagree, my hope and pray is that we all follow God in truth and Spirit. God bless and take care
I did not say the 7th day is now called "Today"...
"Today" is a day different from the 7th day...
...God set a certain "day" calling it "Today".. Hebrews 4:7

So, you follow the letter I follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ...

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not say the 7th day is now called "Today"...
"Today" is a day different from the 7th day...
...God set a certain "day" calling it "Today".. Hebrews 4:7

So, you follow the letter I follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ...
Jesus is our Righteous Judge, so we will all have to answer to Him on judgement day.

Hebrews 4:7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”

Does not say the seventh day Sabbath commandment is now “today” but instead says “today” if you hear His voice don’t harden your heart (to His Word)

You can keep telling yourself that the Sabbath commandment is something different than what God said and you can try to fool yourself into believing that and others, but no one can fool our Creator and Savior who commanded us to “Remember and keep the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8. I choose to believe God we do have free will though. Take care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so then it sounds like, based on what you're saying, that Joshua did give them rest starting at 8:00 p.m. the night before. But then they lost that rest at some later time?
Brother, they never lost God's rest while in the Promised Land, but their human tradition of assuming the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week everywhere does not allow them to enter God's rest outside of the Promised Land. The problem with Joshua's view of the Sabbath is that it is not the seventh day of the week everywhere as Judaism assumed since Joshua when the Sabbath is only the seventh day of the week where God was at creation and the Sabbath is separate from the week. God separated the Sabbath from the week when He made His "rest" "holy" in the time zone where He rested on the seventh day of creation. The message of Hebrews 3 and 4 is that God wants us all to enter the Sabbath together when God rested on the seventh day of creation.

For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. (Hebrews 4:10 NLT)​

This is different from our current tradition where it is Sabbath for some and not for others all over the world because, since Joshua, Judaism wrongly linked the Sabbath to the week when the Sabbath is independent of the week.

Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. (Hebrews 4:8 NLT)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems like you are claiming to know me when you don’t. Jesus is our Righteous Judge, so we will all have to answer to Jesus on judgement day.

Hebrews 4:7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”

Does not say the seventh day Sabbath commandment is now “today” but instead says “today” if you hear His voice don’t harden your heart (to His Word)

You can keep telling yourself that the Sabbath commandment is something different than what God said and you can try to fool yourself into believing that and others, but no one can fool our Creator and Savior who commanded us to “Remember and keep the Sabbath holy. Exodus 20:8. I choose to believe God we do have free will though. Take care.
So what's the "certain day" called in Hebrews 4:7? It cannot be the 7th day as it already mentioned in Hebrews 4:4..

If Joshua had given them rest God would not have spoken about "another DAY"...Hebrews 4:8

So what's the "other day" of Rest called other than the 7th day Rest in verse 4?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So what's the "certain day" called in Hebrews 4:7? It cannot be the 7th day as it already mentioned in Hebrews 4:4..

If Joshua had given them rest God would not have spoken about "another DAY"...Hebrews 4:8

So what's the "other day" of Rest called other than the 7th day Rest in verse 4?
The certain day is “today” and what that means is exactly as it states
“Today” if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.” It’s good advice!
It says nothing about the seventh day Sabbath being “today”, you are reading into scripture.

You also missed the part about not receiving the rest in Christ by disobedience. Hebrews 4:6 And that that there remains a Sabbath rest (the commandment) for the people of God, just as God rested from His works from Creation on the seventh day. Hebrews 4:9-10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, they never lost God's rest while in the Promised Land, but their human tradition of assuming the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week everywhere does not allow them to enter God's rest outside of the Promised Land. The problem with Joshua's view of the Sabbath is that it is not the seventh day of the week everywhere as Judaism assumed since Joshua when the Sabbath is only the seventh day of the week where God was at creation and the Sabbath is separate from the week. God separated the Sabbath from the week when He made His "rest" "holy" in the time zone where He rested on the seventh day of creation. The message of Hebrews 3 and 4 is that God wants us all to enter the Sabbath together when God rested on the seventh day of creation.

For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. (Hebrews 4:10 NLT)​

This is different from our current tradition where it is Sabbath for some and not for others all over the world because, since Joshua, Judaism wrongly linked the Sabbath to the week when the Sabbath is independent of the week.

Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. (Hebrews 4:8 NLT)​

I see. Thanks for clarifying!

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The certain day is “today” and what that means is exactly as it states
“Today” if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.” It’s good advice!
It says nothing about the seventh day Sabbath, you are reading into scripture.

You also missed the part about not receiving the rest in Christ by disobedience. Hebrews 4:6 And that that there remains a Sabbath rest (the commandment) for the people of God, just as God rested from His works from Creation on the seventh day. Hebrews 4:9-10
Thank you, so the "certain day" is called "Today".

So, what day (Rest) that God said that " they shall Never enter My Rest? Hebrews 4:5

Also, what does "certain day" mean? Is it every day or particular day?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, so the "certain day" is called "Today".

So, what day (Rest) that God said that " they shall Never enter My Rest? Hebrews 4:5
The spiritual rest (Christ rest). We do not receive the spiritual rest when we disobey like it says Hebrews 4:6. So “today” when you hear His voice, don’t harden your heart, like some of the Israelites who did not enter into the gospel rest because they disobeyed and Ezekiel 20:13 tells us they disobeyed the Sabbath. The Sabbath is meant to bless and sanctify us. Isaiah 58:13-14, Ezekiel 20:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The gospel rest (Christ rest). We do not receive the gospel rest when we disobey like it says Hebrews 4:6. So “today” when you hear His voice, don’t harden your heart, like some of the Israelites who did not enter into the gospel rest because they disobeyed and Ezekiel 20:13 tells us they disobeyed the Sabbath.
Wow, are you saying we cannot enter into God's Rest by the Gospel Rest? "Christ Rest"

Can you elaborate on the Gospel Rest? What day is the Gospel Rest?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wow, are you saying we cannot enter into God's Rest by the Gospel Rest? "Christ Rest"
Maybe you can quote me saying that. I said we do not enter into Christ rest, by disobedience just like it tells us in Hebrews 4:6.

We enter into the spiritual rest by obeying the commandments. It is a spiritual rest you receive when one does not defile the Sabbath commandment just like God told us. Ezekiel 20:13

My suggestion would be to keep God’s seventh day Sabbath commandment so we can enjoy the Spiritual rest we receive in Christ! The Sabbath is a way to communion with God on His holy Sabbath day. It is a blessing and a delight Isaiah 58:13-14 and the promises we receive when obeying cannot be replaced with man-made teachings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you can quote me saying that. I said we do not enter into Christ rest, by disobedience just like it tells us in Hebrews 4:6.

We enter into the spiritual rest by obeying the commandments. It is a spiritual rest you receive when one does not defile the Sabbath commandment just like God told us. Ezekiel 20:13
Maybe I put my questions in order...
  1. How many day of Sabbath Rest in Hebrews 4?
  2. What day God said "They shall Never enter My Rest"? Hebrews 4:5?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I put my questions in order...
  1. How many day of Sabbath Rest in Hebrews 4?
  2. What day God said "They shall Never enter My Rest"? Hebrews 4:5?
The seventh day Sabbath commandment is a different rest than the rest we receive in Christ, There are two rests that Hebrews 4 is referring to. If you understand the Sabbath commandment and the blessing it brings, its easy to understand which rest Hebrews 4 is referring to. I will try to go through it verse by verse a little later when I have time, if you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,916.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep confusing the seventh day Sabbath commandment with the rest we receive in Christ, There are two rests that Hebrews 4 is referring to. If you understand the Sabbath commandment and the blessing it brings, its easy to understand which rest Hebrews 4 is referring to.
Thank you, according to your response there are two rests mentioned in Hebrews 4
1) Sabbath Rest (7th day) weekly rest
2) Rest in Christ (Gospel Rest)

So based on your answer in post#1174, that the Rest where God said "They shall Never enter My Rest" Hebrews 4:5 is reference to the Gospel Rest...

Is that right?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, according to your response there are two rests mentioned in Hebrews 4
1) Sabbath Rest (7th day) weekly rest
2) Rest in Christ (Gospel Rest)

So based on your answer in post#1174, that the Rest where God said "They shall Never enter My Rest" Hebrews 4:5 is reference to the Gospel Rest...

Is that right?
Yes, and it goes on to say why they did not enter this rest. Hebrews 4:6, Ezekiel 20:13

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.