Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:29-31 equated Day of the Lord signs with Jesus' coming from heaven and the gathering of the elect.
Matthew 24:29 is quite clear: AFTER that time of distress has passed.......
The wrath of the Lord will all be over before He Returns. That is the Sixth Seal first, then some years later, the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls; THEN Jesus Returns.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24:29 is quite clear: AFTER that time of distress has passed.......
The wrath of the Lord will all be over before He Returns. That is the Sixth Seal first, then some years later, the Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls; THEN Jesus Returns.

The signs given are the sixth seal signs
you're the only person I've ever heard of who thinks that the moon "shines" red
most other people know what a blood moon is.

seriously, go look it up, look at some pictures of blood moons and lunar eclipses. If you're still clinging to this idea that a blood moon isn't the moon darkening and still think a lunar eclipse makes the moon black in the sky then I don't know what to say but that's being willfully ignorant.

To be clear I'm not meaning to insult you when you have the wrong idea about what blood moons and lunar eclipses are. The first time i ever saw a Lunar eclipse on a clear night, i was disappointed because in my mind I had thought it'd be a more vivid red and easier to see. I was surprised by how dim and dark it was and how it only really stood out in the night sky after the moon had moved a little bit so there was a white crescent edge while the rest was still shadowy and more of a rusty reddish than this bright red I'd always thought it'd be, and I was in my early 30's at the time, so I went decades with the wrong idea of what a lunar eclipse looked like.

Similarly auroras, I'd wanted to see one and never gotten to until last year.. and what I saw? didn't really compare to what I saw in pictures. There was a blueish greenish glow in the sky and over time it would kind of shift in intensity over the course of 30s or so and kinda phase in and out. It wasn't as intensely beautiful as what you see when it's caught on camera, where people use long exposure times in order to capture as much light as possible, which is what really creates those fantastic images rather than just... looking up at the sky during a ...
coronal mass ejection

Yes
the thing you think the 6th seal is.. happens somewhat frequently, we've had several over the past year, what does it do? create solar winds that result in auroras being visible further south than normal as the charged particles interact with the magnetic field. Your idea of a giant fireball from the sun setting the whole world on fire is .. well .. an idea. it's not reality. That's not what CME's do.
and lunar eclipses don't make the moon look black, they make it look like a dark rusty red.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One thought ...

The millennial kingdom is specifically said to be 1,000 years in length. If God wished to communicate “a long period of time,” He could have easily done so without explicitly and repeatedly mentioning an exact time frame.

Another thought ...

Could it be 1,000 years equals one day (day= year)? .... this could also be the case imo

However , I go with 1,000 literal days in heaven.

Matthew 24:29

Immediately after the tribulation of those days: ‘The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’

How mankind determines time is based on the sun ... in this scripture it states the sun, moon and earth are still in place .... but not giving light (heavens are shaken). So they lose partial functionality but not necessarily all functionality (ie rotation)

Really we won't know until it happens. ;o)
The Jews used symbolic numbers all the time. 12,000 and 144,000 are symbolic numbers. They like to use numbers ending in zeros to symbolize large numbers.

A thousand years means a long time period just as a thousand hills means a lot of hills.

Psalm 50:10 For every wild animal of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.

God actually owns all the cattle on all the hills, not just one thousand hills.

If the Scripture states, "42 months," this is literal. This is not symbolic.

God does not want us to know exactly how many years it will be before Jesus returns.

The Coming of the Lord

1 Thess. 5:1-11 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers and sisters, you do not need to have anything written to you. 2 For you yourselves know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When they say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them, as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and there will be no escape! 4 But you, beloved, are not in darkness, for that day to surprise you like a thief; 5 for you are all children of light and children of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness. 6 So then let us not fall asleep as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober; 7 for those who sleep sleep at night, and those who are drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God has destined us not for wrath but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep we may live with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, as indeed you are doing.

The millennial kingdom is a spiritual kingdom. The thousand years is symbolic for the time period between Jesus' resurrection and his second coming.

Jesus is reigning in heaven presently with the spirits of the saints who have already left this earth.

2 Timothy 2:12 if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he will also deny us;

1 Corinthians 15:20-26 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died. 21 For since death came through a human being, the resurrection of the dead has also come through a human being; 22 for as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. 24 Then comes the end, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father, after he has destroyed every ruler and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.”

Luke 22:69 But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God.”

1 Peter 3:21a-22 Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers made subject to him.

Colossians 2:8-10 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ. 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have come to fullness in him, who is the head of every ruler and authority.

Jesus does not come to earth to physically rule in Jerusalem for a literal 1000 years before his second coming.

Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me, says the Lord, or what is the place of my rest?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
you're the only person I've ever heard of who thinks that the moon "shines" red
The Prophesies are explicit. Isaiah 30:26 says the moon will shine as bright as the sun. Joel 2:31 and Acts 2:20 say the moon will be as blood.....
Both refer to the terrible Day of the Lords wrath, the forthcoming Sixth Seal event.
The way this can and will happen, is for the sun to explode out a huge mass of superheated Hydrogen plasma. The moon regolith; its dusty surface consists mainly of metal oxides. When struck by this mass, a thermoluminscent reaction will occur, perfectly fulfilling those Prophesies.
Result :- pure metals and water on the moon.
the thing you think the 6th seal is.. happens somewhat frequently, we've had several over the past year, what does it do? create solar winds that result in auroras being visible further south than normal as the charged particles interact with the magnetic field. Your idea of a giant fireball from the sun setting the whole world on fire is .. well .. an idea. it's not reality. That's not what CME's do.
You make assertions without bothering to find out all the facts. Bad you!
If the Carrington Event of 1856 happened today, we would be back to 1800's technology. Our satellites will crash back to earth, Revelation 6:13
Electric power would be out for a very long time, if ever fully restored and our modern infrastructure would be destroyed.

I view the Coronal Mass Ejection that the Lord will instigate on His Day of wrath, will be more powerful than the one in 1856. Do not say it isn't possible because it is and scientists have given plenty of warnings.
Of course; nay-sayers like you blithely think it won't happen. That is why that Day is the one Jesus referred to as coming like a thief, sudden and unexpected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1710909971904.png

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Prophesies are explicit. Isaiah 30:26 says the moon will shine as bright as the sun. Joel 2:31 and Acts 2:20 say the moon will be as blood.....
Both refer to the terrible Day of the Lords wrath, the forthcoming Sixth Seal event.

Combining the wrong things.
Joel 2 is where I showed you that the bible INTERCHANGABLY says the moon darkens, and becomes like blood, both in the same passage of scripture, to describe the Day of the Lord.

This is what causes a blood moon, this is why the moon is red during a total eclipse:
total-lunar-eclipse-blood-moon-additional.png

and this is what the moon becoming like blood looks like:
21747454406_76f141123e_o.jpg

It is darkened. The reason you can see the left side more clearly is because it is beginning to move out of the Earth's shadow and it'll start getting a crescent of white where the sun's light directly hits it.

Honestly until you learn what a blood moon is, and as long as you think a lunar eclipse is the moon being black and a blood moon is a bright red glowing moon out of a video game, there's really no point in continuing on. Your imagination has taken the place of reality for the time being.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is what causes a blood moon, this is why the moon is red during a total eclipse:
A lunar eclipse does not cause the Prophesied effects described for the great and terrible Day of the Lords wrath.
However, people like you will do anything to avoid the possibility of having to endure the Lords Day of vengeance and wrath.

A Catastrophic Threat:
A nuclear Electro-Magnetic Pulse attack or a great geomagnetic storm would be a catastrophe unprecedented in scale and scope across the United States and in the case of an extreme magnitude Coronal Mass Ejection, the entire planet would be devastated.
It would collapse the technological and industrial foundations of our modern society that sustains hundreds of millions of people.

We cannot guess whether terrorists or a rogue State will make an EMP attack, but no doubt this threat exists. But as for a natural EMP event, generated by an explosion of the Suns surface, there is scientific consensus that such an event is inevitable and could happen at any time. Indeed, most people who look into this issue, agree that such a CME is overdue and is highly probable to occur in the near future.

NASA estimates in its July 2014 report, that the likelihood of a CME superstorm is 12% per decade. This virtually guarantees that we should experience one in our lifetime.

If the 1856 Carrington event happened today, this would be the result:
The high intensity EMP would not only cause a national loss of all electricity supplies and the failure of most critical infrastructures, but famine, panic and loss of law and order will kill millions of Americans. The EMP Commission estimates that within 12 months of an EMP event, two thirds of Americans would be dead.

We have had many near misses, in July 2012 one narrowly missed the earth and even the small ones that have affected us, causing blackouts and damage to electronic systems.
Ref: Electric Armageddon, Dr. P.V. Fry.

The Bible’s Prophetic Word is the source for reliable information about the reason for and the results of; this forthcoming worldwide disaster.
In over 100 prophesies, we are told all we need to know about it. Currently we are in a period of high intensity sun activity. Solar Cycle 24.
Be aware and be prepared!

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
as for Adam's age, that is another thing I've meditated on, is why the Earth looks so old despite the bible giving such a young history of it and one of the things that could have been in play is that Adam's years were not tracked until he could die. Who knows how long Adam was in Eden sinless and unable to die? People assume it was like a couple hours after he was created or something. But I have no idea how long it was, it could have been decades.. hundreds, thousands, millions of years? who knows. It wouldn't have mattered until man could die to count the days would it? On the new earth will we count days? I kinda think we won't.
The Garden of Eden was planted after the Day of the Lord. The Sabbath was more than a 24 hour day. The Sabbath was the first Day of the Lord, in conjunction with many generations occurring on earth. There were men of renown way before the Garden of Eden was even planted. They were called sons of God.

Adam was created on the 6th day, but Adam was not placed in the Garden until after the Day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
in the third day
The third day and the seventh day both refer to the kingdom age or the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

Genesis 22:4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.
Numbers 19:12 'That one shall purify himself from uncleanness with the water on the third day and on the seventh day, and then he shall be clean;

We need to be purified with living water if we want to rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Who knows how long Adam was in Eden sinless and unable to die?
They did not age or get old back then. Everyone looks like they died at the age of 30 even though we are told that they lived to be 1,000. Cain was worried someone would kill him and that was a very real threat at the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,770.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 26:20-21
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment (seven years), until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Romans 2:6-11
6 GOD will render to every MAN according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD.

Revelation 11:15 and 18

15 ... The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

18 And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged(Daniel 12:2. Take a look), and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Romans 2:6-11
6 GOD will render to every MAN according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD.

Revelation 11:15 and 18

15 ... The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

18 And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged(Daniel 12:2. Take a look), and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready
Revelation 11 was fulfilled by the end of 70 AD. The reward is that these prophets and saints spiritually reign in heaven with Jesus until his second coming.

Now, we await Jesus' second coming at the end of time. Romans 2:6-11

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,770.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11 was fulfilled by the end of 70 AD. The reward is that these prophets and saints spiritually reign in heaven with Jesus until his second coming.
It's a false interpretation of the Word of GOD. Year 70AD -> Israel was banned of their land and the Jewish people was spread in whole world during 1878 years, precisely since the year 70 to 1948, in fulfilment all kind of pragues and punishments listed by Moses in Deuteronomy 28:v.15-68. Furthermore, the Temple the Jews transformed in a den of thieves was destroyed as was determined prophetically by JESUS.

Revelation was written several decades after the ascension of JESUS. Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective.

Now, we await Jesus' second coming at the end of time. Romans 2:6-11
Romans 2:6-11 is linked to the Isaiah 26:20-21, Daniel 12:1-3 and the wrath of GOD in Revelation 11, among other biblical references.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment (seven years), until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Revelation 11:15- The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, ...
Revelation 11:18 - And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath (GOD's wrath) is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,770.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2Peter 3:7-8
7 But the heavens(the 1st and 2nd heavens. heaven?Ephesians 1:3-8, the 3rd heaven will be established from now on-Luke 20:35-36) and the earth(current Israel), which are now, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against this Day of Judgment(the Judgment Seat of Christ-seventh and last Day or seventh and last millennium) and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's a false interpretation of the Word of GOD. Year 70AD -> Israel was banned of their land and the Jewish people was spread in whole world during 1878 years, precisely since the year 70 to 1948, in fulfilment all kind of pragues and punishments listed by Moses in Deuteronomy 28:v.15-68. Furthermore, the Temple the Jews transformed in a den of thieves was destroyed as was determined prophetically by JESUS.

Revelation was written several decades after the ascension of JESUS. Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective.

Romans 2:6-11 is linked to the Isaiah 26:20-21, Daniel 12:1-3 and the wrath of GOD in Revelation 11, among other biblical references.

Revelation 11:15- The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, ...
Revelation 11:18 - And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath (GOD's wrath) is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.
You have your opinion and I have mine. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,770.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have your opinion and I have mine.
Opinion is good for nothing, mainly misleading opinion by false interpretation of the Word of GOD, punishment is inevitable-Matthew 12:36-37 and Revalation 22:18-19. Take a look, be careful or else get ready.

What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, self-executing, understand? What I wrote, as follows, is true: -->
Year 70AD -> Israel was banned of their land and the Jewish people was spread in whole world during 1878 years, precisely since the year 70 to 1948, in fulfilment all kind of pragues and punishments listed by Moses in Deuteronomy 28:v.15-68. Take a look.

These things also are true: --> Furthermore, the Temple the Jews transformed in a den of thieves was destroyed as was determined prophetically by JESUS. Matthew 21:13 combined with Matthew 24:1-2. Take a look.

Revelation was written several decades after the ascension of JESUS. Revelation 5:1-7. Take a look.

Actually, your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective. Matthew 16:22

All Scriptures I quoted,as follow, are true: Here goes:

Be careful or else Get ready

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,770.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 15:9-11 and 18-19
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, false witness, blasphemies, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts.

1Timothy 4:11-12
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Be careful

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Opinion is good for nothing, mainly misleading opinion by false interpretation of the Word of GOD, punishment is inevitable-Matthew 12:36-37 and Revalation 22:18-19. Take a look, be careful or else get ready.

What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, self-executing, understand? What I wrote, as follows, is true: -->
Year 70AD -> Israel was banned of their land and the Jewish people was spread in whole world during 1878 years, precisely since the year 70 to 1948, in fulfilment all kind of pragues and punishments listed by Moses in Deuteronomy 28:v.15-68. Take a look.

These things also are true: --> Furthermore, the Temple the Jews transformed in a den of thieves was destroyed as was determined prophetically by JESUS. Matthew 21:13 combined with Matthew 24:1-2. Take a look.

Revelation was written several decades after the ascension of JESUS. Revelation 5:1-7. Take a look.

Actually, your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumbling block, not from GOD's perspective. Matthew 16:22

All Scriptures I quoted,as follow, are true: Here goes:

Be careful or else Get ready
The Book of Revelation was written in the 60s AD. John was told to go and measure the temple. The temple was still standing. Revelation 11:1-3

Jesus is king over heaven and earth. He spiritually reigns over the whole world right now.

Acts 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

1 Peter 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

2 Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

All scriptures are true. How a person interprets the scriptures is his opinion. Thank you for sharing your opinion with me.

Upvote 0