Is the fundamental gap between creationists and non-creationists...

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,042.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Know, know means know. (As my mother used to say!)
She lived her life by way of glib truisms?
pescador said:
There are many things yet undiscovered by an objective methodology to demonstrate the existence of something. Just because something can't be proven by the scientific method doesn't mean it's not true or doesn't exist.

Does God exist? Prove it! Does Jesus exist? Prove it. Does the Holy Spirit exist? Prove it. Do you exist?
'Exist' means whatever we choose it to mean .. after all, its our human (english) word isn't it? In order for me to understand your questions, we have to agree on the process by which the word 'exist' acquires its meaning.
Its not like its meaning was kinda floating 'round in space somewhere then attached itself to some passing piece of dust then landed on Earth and found its way into some human ear or something, eh?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that reading the Bible can lead a person to Jesus Christ?
Do you like reading the Bible?
I’ve read the Bible. I’ve even done Bible study before my deconversion. I Occasionally read it for reference now. But I’d rather know the Divine directly rather than reading about the Divine.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That would be incorrect.
Try a hard Panenthiest.
I simply do not know how to separate God from life and this Creation.
Okay ... thanks for the correction.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That would be incorrect.
Try a hard Panenthiest.

Do you believe Christ is in every person and all they have to do is tap into the Christ? For example: Do you believe Hitler had Christ in him and all He had to do was tap into the Christ consciousness?

Side Note:

If so, I do not believe this is the truth.
The Lord only abides in those who obey Him (See: 1 John 2:3-4).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Surely things are not as you think they are.
Based on what?
3 “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.” (Revelation 21:3-5).
Either you are no longer yourself, or you are still yourself with your emotions, thoughts and powers to contemplate eternity doing...... what? You haven't thought about it. Try thinking what eternity as yourself would be like. Consider that part of the joy of anything is knowing that it is a temporary state and will come to an end. An eternity of anything is a truly horrific thought.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,042.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
That would be incorrect.
Try a hard Panenthiest.
Let me suggest that might be because it takes a human mind to assign meanings to the concepts of: 'God', 'life' and 'this Creation'.
You are focused on, (or 'present to'/aware of'), being human (and the human mind)! Congratulations! :)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... a disagreement over basic reality?

I find a lot of discussions with creationists seem to be boil down to disagreement over the nature of reality. And I'm not sure that there is a way to bridge such disagreement.
Well since there is no empirical evidence that life can be generated from non life or that nothing can become something reality would require acceptance of the existence of God.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well since there is no empirical evidence that life can be generated from non life or that nothing can become something reality would require acceptance of the existence of God.
"Who knows?" Is also a legit response to those questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since there is no empirical evidence for God reality would require acceptance of life coming from non life.

Seriously, did you even think through your assertion?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since there is no empirical evidence for God reality would require acceptance of life coming from non life.

Seriously, did you even think through your assertion?
Did you? Where is your evidence that there is no empirical evidence for God? There is historical data that the Gospel is accurate. There is also empirical evidence that confirms intelligent design and that the universe had a beginning. Since it had a beginning it therefore had a cause and that cause had to be uncaused at some point in regression.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am talking about putting faith in the true Jesus of the Bible. Which Jesus are you talking about?
The real Jesus who lived on the Earth and died for us and was raised again from death--not just a character in a storybook whose existence we are forced to acknowledge because the storybook is supposed to have magical properties. I believe in Jesus, not the Bible.

Upvote 0