Is Satan behind the division of the many denominations we find? Or, is it the Lord?

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I settled the argument for myself when I called a Jewish Community Center in Palm Beach county, FL. I asked them if the word mashiyach translated "Messiah" in the book of Daniel was a noun or an adjective.

Strangely enough, that's not how I decide questions about Greek grammar.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Satan behind the division of the many denominations we find? Or, is it the Lord?
Hyper-Literal: Yet she(joyous-favor, vs. 9)-being-made-manifest(being exposed)* now through(means) of-thee on-appearance(advent) of-thee Deliverer of-us-all, Jesus [ ]anointed-being, One-down(from authority)-inactivating(rendered dysfunctional)* indeed thee death, yet (joyous favor)of-One-illuminating* zOE-life and-also incorruption(perpetuity, imperishable, not subject to decay with the added sense of purity) through(means) of-thee well-message, 2 Tim 1:10

I would say then that Satan is incapable of such a feat. And also that the Lord is not behind it. Man did it on his own. But I would say that our Lord is using it to protect us for now. But soon our day will come:

The God of peace(Who makes peace with us and war with you—Satan, so that we might have peace--absence of strife) will soon(swiftly) crush(trample) Satan under your feet. The grace(joyous-favor) of our Lord Jesus be with you [amEn, so-be-it]. Rom 16:20 NASB

Hyper-Literal: ones-being-diligent to-be-keeping the oneness of-thee breath in thee together-bond of-thee peace(absence of strife). One body and-also one pneuma-breath, down-from(authority) and-also you-all-are-being-called(i.e., as one body and breath)* in one hope of-thee calling(invitation) of-you-all; one Lord(Authority), one faith(noun), one baptism-effect, one God and-also Father of-all(everyone) Thee on-over(with authority) of-all(everyone is under His authority) and through(means) of-all(everyone is God’s channel) and-also in you-all(a serious advantage). Eph 4:3-6

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You engaged me, I did not engage you. BTW I have seen you on here for a while yet I never engaged you. The is a reason why I haven't. The big hat tells me all I need to know. And you are just proving my theory about you was correct from what is our first interaction.

I didn't realize that it was a sin to engage someone in a general theology forum.

This is a forum, not a debate between two people. If you want to have a private conversation, there is a place for you to do so. And seeing as how this topic was NOT started by you, then you have committed the same sin as I.

As far as the big hat is concerned, I am simply wearing what my Church (and ultimately my God) has given me to clothe my nakedness. Now, seeing as how you feel that my big hat makes me pretentious, etc., you tell me everything that you know about the big hat, and the meaning of it. Also, tell me the NAME of the hat, and tell me what hats I am allowed to wear.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Matthew 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

IMHO it cannot be God. It can be proud individuals within the body of Christ who couldn’t possibly be wrong about anything.

Where does a spirit of pride come from? That may answer your question.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would only ask you please, do not wear that dead badger on your head as our illustrious leader does

Forgive me, but I did not get the joke. Please explain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The God of peace(Who makes peace with us and war with you—Satan, so that we might have peace--absence of strife) will soon(swiftly) crush(trample) Satan under your feet. The grace(joyous-favor) of our Lord Jesus be with you [amEn, so-be-it]. Rom 16:20 NASB

I sometimes wonder if God, by means of the Holy Spirit indwelling us, by proxy has us being the ones crushing Satan under our feet by overcoming Satan in grace by truth... That.. figuratively.. its the Word in the Power of the filling of the Spirit, that crushes the thinking (head) of Satan.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel like the reasons for church splits and divisions is based solely on various interpretations of scripture.
All splits are based on this.
You know, I think that God made scripture vague and difficult to understand on purpose. In a strange way, it is the perfect setup for conflict and division. Yet we are told to be united as one body under Christ.

Now why would God purposely make it impossible for all of us to agree? Wouldn't that be mean? Well, what if the purpose was to test our character?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel like the reasons for church splits and divisions is based solely on various interpretations of scripture.
All splits are based on this.
You know, I think that God made scripture vague and difficult to understand on purpose. In a strange way, it is the perfect setup for conflict and division. Yet we are told to be united as one body under Christ.

Now why would God purposely make it impossible for all of us to agree? Wouldn't that be mean? Well, what if the purpose was to test our character?

Here's the answer...

"In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church,
there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. No
doubt there have to be factions among you to show which of you
have God’s approval."
1 Corinthians 11:18-19

Those who habitually walk in the Spirit will eventually mature in Christ. Those who grieve and quench the Spirit, will not mature in Christ, but can become confident in selling their brand of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here's the answer...

"In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church,
there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. No
doubt there have to be factions among you to show which of you
have God’s approval."
1 Corinthians 11:18-19

Those who habitually walk in the Spirit will eventually mature in Christ. Those who grieve and quench the Spirit, will not mature in Christ, but can become confident in selling their brand of Christianity.

That can be taken different ways. Which way were you referring to:
1. The ones who split off DO have God's approval
2. The ones who split off DO NOT have God's approval
3. The fact that they are divided shows none of the have God's approval

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That can be taken different ways. Which way were you referring to:
1. The ones who split off DO have God's approval
2. The ones who split off DO NOT have God's approval
3. The fact that they are divided shows none of the have God's approval
Why do you have to split off?....

That grumpy man or lady in church who is always challenging the pastor decided not to leave.

The only thing that the passage tells us that there must be factions when the Word of God is taught... Those who have God's approval will know. And, those who do not have God's approval? Will only think they do (self righteousness).

Yes, it can work many ways.

Say a pastor is teaching false doctrines? Those who have God's approval will eventually get themselves up and leave that church.

But, what if a pastor teaches well and with integrity? Those who do not have God's approval usually try sticking around rather than leaving, wishing to stir up trouble with a desire to break up a church producing sound doctrine. Its the pastor's job in that case to show them the door.

Where there are believers with God's approval there will inevitably be factions formed.

Satan always wants to keep believers from the only thing that over powers him. Sound doctrine. That's what Jesus used when tempted by Satan. Jesus did not call down lightning. Jesus simply used... "It is written!" And, He knew what what was written was actually saying! (sound doctrine) Then?... Satan had to withdraw himself. "He departed."

"Resist the devil and he shall flee from you!" That means, keep taking in sound doctrine and growing in grace while the Devil will resist your advancement.... And, after you reach a certain point in growth and understanding? The Devil will not be able to bear the truth any longer. That is when he must flee.

Too few teach sound doctrine today. Instead, many follow the 'broad and wide' highway leading to destruction of their spiritual lives.

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great
number of teachers
to say what their
itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3

Not a few! It says a GREAT MANY fake teachers who read from the Bible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,858.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Is Satan behind the division of the many denominations that we find? Or, is it the Lord? Denominations that contradict one another, and claim inspiration from God. How can they be?

There is a term, "divide and concur." What is it that is divided - the RCC. So the question might be, "Is the RCC the enemy of God or the enemy of Satan"?

The multitude of denominations is a confusion; Paul says God is not the author of confusion; I disagree with that claim from Paul's epistle; God does not confuse His own people except when the abandon Him.

If you do a word search on CONFUSION, 25 times it is used in the Bible, you will find confusion is a weapon of God; even when His enemy is Israel.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,858.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why do you have to split off?....

That grumpy man or lady in church who is always challenging the pastor decided not to leave.

The only thing that the passage tells us that there must be factions when the Word of God is taught... Those who have God's approval will know. And, those who do not have God's approval? Will only think they do (self righteousness).

Yes, it can work many ways.

Say a pastor is teaching false doctrines? Those who have God's approval will eventually get themselves up and leave that church.

But, what if a pastor teaches well and with integrity? Those who do not have God's approval usually try sticking around rather than leaving, wishing to stir up trouble with a desire to break up a church producing sound doctrine. Its the pastor's job in that case to show them the door.

Where there are believers with God's approval there will inevitably be factions formed.

Satan always wants to keep believers from the only thing that over powers him. Sound doctrine. That's what Jesus used when tempted by Satan. Jesus did not call down lightning. Jesus simply used... "It is written!" And, He knew what what was written was actually saying! (sound doctrine) Then?... Satan had to withdraw himself. "He departed."

"Resist the devil and he shall flee from you!" That means, keep taking in sound doctrine and growing in grace while the Devil will resist your advancement.... And, after you reach a certain point in growth and understanding? The Devil will not be able to bear the truth any longer. That is when he must flee.

Too few teach sound doctrine today. Instead, many follow the 'broad and wide' highway leading to destruction of their spiritual lives.

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great
number of teachers
to say what their
itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3

Not a few! It says a GREAT MANY fake teachers who read from the Bible!

No Pastor can preach with out error unless he receive it directly from God; that is the pastor normally makes it up or interprets it from scripture, so it is always necessary to test the pastor or apostle ect. Any starting a new denomination would have ulterior motives. The OT is sound doctrine and the teaching of Christ is the second witness for the OT doctrine.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a term, "divide and concur." What is it that is divided - the RCC. So the question might be, "Is the RCC the enemy of God or the enemy of Satan"?

The multitude of denominations is a confusion; Paul says God is not the author of confusion; I disagree with that claim from Paul's epistle; God does not confuse His own people except when the abandon Him.

If you do a word search on CONFUSION, 25 times it is used in the Bible, you will find confusion is a weapon of God; even when His enemy is Israel.

What you just said is confusing... Please, do your homework and show us some of those passages that you seem to be already aware of.

The RCC was divided because it had become corrupt and fowl in the sight of God. Mary worship? Statues? Praying to the saints? Jesus warned to call no man on earth "father." Pay indulgences.. Purgatory? And, the list goes on.. Confessing your sins to a man, not God?

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,858.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What you just said is confusing... Please, do your homework and show us some of those passages that you seem to be already aware of.

The RCC was divided because it had become corrupt and fowl in the sight of God. Mary worship? Statues? Praying to the saints? Jesus warned to call no man on earth "father." Pay indulgences.. Purgatory? And, the list goes on.. Confessing your sins to a man, not God?

I have assume you are like Luther and see nothing wrong with RCC doctrine, Luther was a good Catholic and was kicked out. There is little difference between RCC and Lutheran doctrine. Lutherans may not see themselves as being in place of God or that this world as it is, is the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No Pastor can preach with out error unless he receive it directly from God; that is the pastor normally makes it up or interprets it from scripture, so it is always necessary to test the pastor or apostle ect. Any starting a new denomination would have ulterior motives. The OT is sound doctrine and the teaching of Christ is the second witness for the OT doctrine.

" I have become its servant by the commission God gave me
to present to you the word of God in its fullness— the mystery
that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now
disclosed to the Lord’s people."
Colossians 1:25-26

OT is only building blocks for constructing some sound doctrines. And, not all of the NT is simply a witness for the OT. For we have been given mystery doctrines that no one saw coming until God raised up Paul to bear witness to them.

No pastor can preach without "some" errors. Those pastors who have trained themselves to know the protocol to follow to extract sound teachings will be like a plate of food placed before you. The listener must choose what to eat, and what to put on the side of the plate. What he teaches will make you strong spiritually as long as you make the right choices (led by the Spirit)... No one is 100% correct. For no one has all knowledge. We all make mistakes. The protection comes from gaining enough sound teachings in the power of grace (filling of the Spirit).

A bad pastor is one who teaches false doctrines as his main thrust. He is a junk food factory. He as a rule is like having a plate put before you designed to titillate and get you to devour junk food that makes the listeners spiritually weak, obese, and sick.

Upvote 0