up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Uh,.. how do you figure that? Are you one of those the earth is flat kind of people?
The earth is flat people have other problems right now. Having to social distance is driving many over the edge.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Is this supposed to be a joke or something? Also, what is more probable,... Global warming or another ice age?
Both because that's how the cycle goes. Been that way since the beginning of earths history according to science. So we're warming, eventually we will ( or better put earth will) be cooling.

Meanwhile we have the little detail of God who has more than a say in things.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The earth is flat people have other problems right now. Having to social distance is driving many over the edge.

If the earth actually were flat, cats would have knocked everything off it by now.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Doesn't matter to the profiteers. They'll come up with something new, like, I dunno, viruses, union bashing, and police surveillance to fill the coffers. The future is in global surveillance and control. People have been trained to accept anything.
If for whatever the reason the profiteers really needed glove sales to increase exponentially, no problem lol;

8B313955-C832-47DD-9944-B3EA516E652F.png

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Okay,.. so far nobody has managed to explain to me why global warming is so bad. I already know that it would eventually cause all of the ice in the arctic to melt, but why would that be bad for us? That's the part that I don't understand since we don't live there and it would only really be bad for the animals that lived there wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
The planet will carry on without us for billions of years - and will do perfectly fine. We're just a weeping abscess on it in the grand scheme of things.

In the short term? Yeah, we're trashing the place. And although I'm excited about the mars rovers, we should really be leaving the place alone beyond basic exploration.

• Agree
Reactions: Theridiidae
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay,.. so far nobody has managed to explain to me why global warming is so bad. I already know that it would eventually cause all of the ice in the arctic to melt, but why would that be bad for us? That's the part that I don't understand since we don't live there and it would only really be bad for the animals that lived there wouldn't it?

Well for one thing, warmer oceans means more powerful hurricanes, and more of them.

For another, many crops need certain climates to grow. So disruption of those climates could lead to food shortages. Also, while some animals will go extinct, others will spread and multiply, and that can be just as bad, like swarms of locusts eating yet more crops. And shores will be flooded, causing people to need to migrate to other countries, consuming resources. Many island nations don't have any land higher than a few meters above sea level.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Well for one thing, warmer oceans means more powerful hurricanes, and more of them.

For another, many crops need certain climates to grow. So disruption of those climates could lead to food shortages. Also, while some animals will go extinct, others will spread and multiply, and that can be just as bad, like swarms of locusts eating yet more crops. And shores will be flooded, causing people to need to migrate to other countries, consuming resources. Many island nations don't have any land higher than a few meters above sea level.

And all that would happen if the ice in the arctic melted? Whoa,.. 0__0

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Oh you mean the little robotic machines that go and explore Mars?

Yep - those are the ones.

Point being, is that we should generally leave other planets alone. Rovers are fine, but these talks of colonisation make me a little nervous. Humans can't be trusted.

Anyway, off topic ramble.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And all that would happen if the ice in the arctic melted? Whoa,.. 0__0

It would (and is) happening even now. With only a portion of the ice melted.

Here is what the map would look like if all of the ice at the poles melted:

6h9nanw3c0231.png

You can see that a lot of places would be underwater.

• Informative
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

If all the ice in the Arctic and Antarctic including the great ice sheet covering Greenland and Antarctica were to melt it would raise the global sea level by about 216 feet. The great coastal cities would be uninhabitable. Florida and most of Louisiana would be largely gone. The disruption around the world would be unimaginable.

• Informative
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keep in mind when I'm asking this question that I have special needs so please don't leave a whole bunch of complicated responses,.. but I know a little bit of what it is already but can somebody please explain it in Layman's terms? Also in your opinion is it really going to happen?

Romans 8:19-22
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.

The fall of mankind (sin entering the world) effected all of creation ... including the weather patterns and ecology systems.

We do experience weather repercussions due to the fall of nature.

According to the bible Jesus will return before earth's nature "gives out".

The scientific theories vary .... I wouldn't fret about it ... I don't. Man could certainly do better about taking care of the earth ... but in the end Gods plan will prevail.

Things on this earth are going to play out exactly how God wants them to ... and He does warn ... it's not going to be easy as we draw nearer to the end of time.

We look forward to His return to end this mess and look forward to live in the new earth He will create new ... not tainted with sin.

4Jesus answered, “See to it that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed.

These things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Luke 21:25

25There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves.

Even so .... come Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0