Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been told repeatedly that it is, and repeatedly that it isn't. Personally I think it is because I see all kinds of weird climate stuff going on, but I don't have a firm opinion on it.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Its not going to happen it is happening right now. In my lifetime I have watched it happening. In my youth it was very slow but for the past several decades I can notice it happening year by year. It is altering our weather patterns and changing our ecology right in front of our eyes. For example. a new bird has shown up in the Canadian Arctic. The Innuit people had never seen one before, they had no name for it. It is the robin.
These changes are due to a number of factors but the most important one is the build up of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. This started with the industrial revolution some 200 years ago but has been building up faster and faster in recent decades. The increasing CO2 causes the sun's heat to be trapped in the atmosphere and not leak into outer space.

I hope this helped a bit. I tried to keep it simple.

It helped a little bit as I could read it but not really understand it that much. :/

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
rapid rate due to a hole in the ozone? Same threat, different profitable industry.,

Uh no, it was a quite different threat and one easier to counter which humanity did in a remarkable show of unity

Montreal Protocol - Wikipedia

and it worked. That hole in ozone layer is recovering and they predict total recovery.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Except that global warming is real. How much of a long term problem isn't known.
Doesn't matter to the profiteers. They'll come up with something new, like, I dunno, viruses, union bashing, and police surveillance to fill the coffers. The future is in global surveillance and control. People have been trained to accept anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A few thoughts:

1. The true extent of warming, or lack of warming, probably won't be known for decades.

2. The true impact of human activity, assuming that there is any impact at all, on temperatures, probably won't be known for decades.

3. The science has been politicised to the extent that I don't believe it any more, one of the biggest fallacies being that there is a consensus (science isn't done by consensus, it never has been, and never will be).

4. It's acknowledged that the observation network for recording temperature is inadequate, and even climate scientists have admitted that this is the case.

5. When you look at some of the language involved, a lot of climate alarmism resembles that of an apocalyptic cult. In that respect, it is possibly a religion replacement for people who need to believe in something and champion a cause, but are atheists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Keep in mind when I'm asking this question that I have special needs so please don't leave a whole bunch of complicated responses,.. but I know a little bit of what it is already but can somebody please explain it in Layman's terms? Also in your opinion is it really going to happen?
No there is no global warming, because there is no globe. The earth may be warming but God is controlling any activity happening to His creation.

• Haha
Reactions: ArchieRaptor
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I'm going to tag @JohnDB on this because he usually has a lot of thoughts about the world and I'm curious what his thoughts are on this because I don't think he's ever said anything about it.

Nobody knows.
No one has evidence that shows anything one way or another.

One group went out to try to prove warming with solid science that wasn't jinky like most is...stuff that could actually pass peer review. But they got frustrated and quit when their data showed a two degree cooling...lost all funding too.

So truthfully...and seriously...we don't know.

What I do know is that this is the only planet we can live on. We don't have a spare. We need to take care of it as best as we can. It was a gift from God...and I'm kinda partial to home made gifts from someone I love.

• Winner
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0