• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Is Global Warming Real?

Discussion in 'Non-Mainstream and Controversial Science' started by April_Rose, Aug 10, 2020.

1. April_Rose

April_Rose Well-Known Member

+2,374
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    Keep in mind when I'm asking this question that I have special needs so please don't leave a whole bunch of complicated responses,.. but I know a little bit of what it is already but can somebody please explain it in Layman's terms? Also in your opinion is it really going to happen?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The global temperature is getting warmer, therefore global warming is real. Ecosystems are breaking down all over the earth because of it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  3. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+1,302
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    And human activity contributes to that warming.

4. April_Rose

+2,374
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Okay,.. but is it going to get as bad as they say? And how do you know that it's globally getting warmer?

5. April_Rose

+2,374
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

How?

6. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,069
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Yes, it is happening beyond any reasonable doubt.

Briefly, certain gasses trap the heat of the sun which slowly heats the planet up.

The amount of those gases has been on rise since the industrialization.

Whatever you contribute it to man made effect or something else the rise in temperatures is pretty clear.

There are a huge number of unknown variables that make accurate predictions hard which the stick your head in the sand and hope it doesn’t boil crowd uses for making a case that it is all ok and nothing bad is reeeaally happening.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. OldWiseGuy

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Oceans are getting warmer, that's the evidence.

8. OldWiseGuy

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Plus the world's industries aren't going to change for the sake of the environment. It's all about the money. Worse yet individuals aren't concerned either.

9. April_Rose

+2,374
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Well, how do you know that?

10. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+3,885
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    It is real as the virus, but both are being used for nefarious and profitable ventures.

11. OldWiseGuy

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Which? The ocean temps, or that it is the evidence?

12. timothyu

+3,885
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Most of industry has been developed in the last 30 years as a result of the 'threat'. Great way to start new industries battling an invisible dragon.

13. Jonathan Walkerin

+2,069
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    It is being monitored.

14. April_Rose

+2,374
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

I meant how can you keep track of the global and water temperatures?

Where at?

15. OldWiseGuy

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    They're not fighting GW, they're profiting from it.

16. timothyu

+3,885
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Remember in the 70's when man made pollution was being combated and industry suffered over the cost of cleaning up their act so they moved to third world countries and recently China? This conveniently after they had cleaned up? Remember in the 80's when gases trapped nothing, but the ultra-violet was peeling paint and curling shingles at a rapid rate due to a hole in the ozone? Same threat, different profitable industry.,

17. Jonathan Walkerin

+2,069
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Like that COVID hoax I heard in local pub from some guy coughing his lungs out four days ago , poor lad looked little feverish too.

Haven’t seen him around lately.

18. OldWiseGuy

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Data gathering buoys and stations all over the globe.

19. timothyu

+3,885
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Exactly. Create a problem then profit from combating it. Typically human.

20. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,494
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Its not going to happen. It is happening right now. In my lifetime I have watched it happening. In my youth it was very slow but for the past several decades I can notice it happening year by year. It is altering our weather patterns and changing our ecology right in front of our eyes. For example. a new bird has shown up in the Canadian Arctic. The Innuit people had never seen one before, they had no name for it. It is the robin.

These changes are due to a number of factors but the most important one is the build up of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. This started with the industrial revolution some 200 years ago but has been building up faster and faster in recent decades. The increasing CO2 causes the sun's heat to be trapped in the atmosphere and not leak off into outer space.

I hope this helped a bit. I tried to keep it simple.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  21. April_Rose

+2,374
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Can you see this from online?

22. OldWiseGuy

+8,988
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Except that global warming is real. How much of a long term problem isn't known.