IS 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 A Pre-Tribulation Of The Church?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is the dispy claim of a pretrib rapture, you will closely note the "Resurrection" of the dead in Christ.

John 6:40 clearly teaches the dead in Christ are "Resurrected" on "The Last Day".

As scripture clearly teaches, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 below is the second coming of Jesus Christ, and the Last Day resurrection of the believers.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17KJV
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 6:40KJV
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is the dispy claim of a pretrib rapture, you will closely note the "Resurrection" of the dead in Christ.

John 6:40 clearly teaches the dead in Christ are "Resurrected" on "The Last Day".

As scripture clearly teaches, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 below is the second coming of Jesus Christ, and the Last Day resurrection of the believers.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17KJV
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 6:40KJV
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
So you think that John 6:40 clearly teaches that the dead in Christ are resurrected on THE LAST DAY.

Well you are clearly mistaken. You will closely note those that are raised on the last day in this scripture SEE THE SON ON MAN.

John 6
40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I suspect that the majority of the church has not seen the Son..........and yet has believed. If you want to understand why there will be a pretribulation rapture you need to read exactly what the word says so you won't get confused. No need to make anything up, just read exactly what it says.
Everyone which SEETH THE SON, AND BELIEVETH ON HIM may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you are clearly mistaken. You will closely note those that are raised on the last day in this scripture SEE THE SON ON MAN.

I was blind, but now I see, as the old hymn proclaims.

I was dead but now live, based on John 5:24.

There was a day when I heard the Gospel preached, and I saw Christ on the cross of Calvary.
A drop of blood ran down His body and dripped into the air.
Before it hit the earth, it fell on me.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you think that John 6:40 clearly teaches that the dead in Christ are resurrected on THE LAST DAY.

John 6
40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I suspect that the majority of the church has not seen the Son..........and yet has believed. If you want to understand why there will be a pretribulation rapture you need to read exactly what the word says so you won't get confused. No need to make anything up, just read exactly what it says.
Everyone which SEETH THE SON, AND BELIEVETH ON HIM may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
It's speaking to the believers that come to Jesus Christ "Spiritually" all believers in the church.

You trying to create a new doctrine, that only those that physically saw Jesus in his physical body on earth, will be resurrected on the last day, borderline heretical in my opinion.

"ALL WHICH HE HATH GIVEN ME"

ALL THE CHURCH!

John 6:37-40KJV
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was blind, but now I see, as the old hymn proclaims.

I was dead but now live, based on John 5:24.

There was a day when I heard the Gospel preached, and I saw Christ on the cross of Calvary.
A drop of blood ran down His body and dripped into the air.
Before it hit the earth, it fell on me.

But did you see the son of man? Nope. If you are a wise virgin and watching and waiting.....you won't have to wait until the last day to be raised.

Knocked out again.....................and again...........and again. Instead of getting up and believing all the wrong things, why not get up and realize you are undoubtedly wrong and change what you think. No need to lead others astray........when you know you are wrong.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's speaking to the believers that come to Jesus Christ "Spiritually" all believers in the church.

You trying to create a new doctrine, that only those that physically saw Jesus in his physical body on earth, will be resurrected on the last day, borderline heretical in my opinion.

"ALL WHICH HE HATH GIVEN ME"

ALL THE CHURCH!

John 6:37-40KJV
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Ok.......so we see the last day happening in John 7. How many last days are there?
John 7
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok.......so we see the last day happening in John 7. How many last days are there?
John 7
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jesus is talking about the last day of a multiple day feast.

You try desperately to suggest this is the last day seen in John 6:40

You bend, twist, and tear at the scripture, in desperate attempts to make your pre-trib rapture fit, that isnt found in scripture.

John 7:37KJV

EXPOSITORY (ENGLISH BIBLE)
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(37) In the last day, that great day of the feast.—The question whether the seventh or the eighth day of the feast is intended here, is one of antiquarian rather than of practical interest. The words commanding the observance in Deuteronomy 16:13, and Numbers 29:12, mention only seven days; but this latter passage is followed in John 7:35 by a reference to the solemn assembly on the eighth day. With this agree the words in Leviticus 23:35-36; Leviticus 23:39, and Nehemiah 8:18. Later the eight days of the festival are certainly spoken of as in the Talmud, in 2 Maccabees 10:6, and Jos. Ant. iii. 10, § 4. The best modern authorities are for the most part agreed that it was the eighth day, i.e., the 22nd of Tishri, that is here referred to. It was the “great day” as the octave of the feast, and the day of holy convocation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0