✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the `something better ` for us?

`And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.` (Heb. 11: 39 & 40)

`Something better,` Greek - `keitton, meaning greater advantage, from kratos,` meaning dominion, power.

Thus, the `us,` the Body of Christ will have `something better,` a greater dominion than the Old Testament saints.

We know that the Old Testament saints were promised the city which God would bring down to the Universal realm. There they would rule with Christ over the earth.

So, what is the Body of Christ inheritance?

We have been promised to sit with Christ on His own throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

And we read of the glorified Lord Jesus Christ set as King by the Father on Mount Zion in the third heaven.

`I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

`Behold, a throne set in heaven and one sat on the throne.` (Rev. 4: 2)

The Body of Christ will be ruling with the Lord on His own throne in the third heaven, then he will begin to put down all rule, all authority and power till finally death.

`For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.` (1 Cor. 15: 25 & 26)

When that happens and after the Great White Throne judgment there will be a new Heavens and new earth.

`Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also, there was no more sea.

Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of (third) heaven from God….` (Rev. 21: 1 & 2)

So, we have the Body of Christ ruling in the third heaven and then in God`s timing the Old Testament saints come down in the city to rule in the universal realm. Thus, they will be made perfect after we have been given our position in the third heaven. And on the earth Israel will rule over the nations.

Each realm that God made will then have His righteous rulership – all under the glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1703483330874.png

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

`And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.` (Heb. 11: 39 & 40)

`Something better,` Greek - `keitton, meaning greater advantage, from kratos,` meaning dominion, power.

Thus, the `us,` the Body of Christ will have `something better,` a greater dominion than the Old Testament saints.

We know that the Old Testament saints were promised the city which God would bring down to the Universal realm. There they would rule with Christ over the earth.

And we read of the glorified Lord Jesus Christ set as King by the Father on Mount Zion in the third heaven.

The Body of Christ will be ruling with the Lord on His own throne in the third heaven, then he will begin to put down all rule, all authority and power till finally death.

`For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.` (1 Cor. 15: 25 & 26)

When that happens and after the Great White Throne judgment there will be a new Heavens and new earth.

`Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also, there was no more sea.

Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of (third) heaven from God….` (Rev. 21: 1 & 2)

So, we have the Body of Christ ruling in the third heaven and then in God`s timing the Old Testament saints come down in the city to rule in the universal realm. Thus, they will be made perfect after we have been given our position in the third heaven. And on the earth Israel will rule over the nations.

Each realm that God made will then have His righteous rulership – all under the glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

Your question in the topic “what is the something better for us” is answered in the last part of the verse.

Hebrews 11:40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us. NKJV

They were not made perfect apart from us. The OT saints were not made perfect until Jesus Himself had been perfected.

Luke 13:32 And He said to them, "Go, tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.' NKJV

Jesus was not perfected until the third day after He was crucified. Once Jesus had fulfilled all prophecies concerning Himself , had lived a sinless life and was completely obedient to the Father could He be perfected.

John 17:23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. NKJV

After Jesus was resurrected all the OT saints as well as the Apostles and all others who believed in Him were born from above (perfected).

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your question in the topic “what is the something better for us” is answered in the last part of the verse.

Hebrews 11:40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us. NKJV

They were not made perfect apart from us. The OT saints were not made perfect until Jesus Himself had been perfected.

Luke 13:32 And He said to them, "Go, tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.' NKJV

Jesus was not perfected until the third day after He was crucified. Once Jesus had fulfilled all prophecies concerning Himself , had lived a sinless life and was completely obedient to the Father could He be perfected.

John 17:23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. NKJV

After Jesus was resurrected all the OT saints as well as the Apostles and all others who believed in Him were born from above (perfected).
The Body of Christ is still not perfected - `till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man...` (Eph. 4: 13)

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Body of Christ is still not perfected - `till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man...` (Eph. 4: 13)

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. NKJV

The body of Christ has not reached unity. God considers every believer being sanctified as perfected.

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, NKJV

Paul had a disagreement with Peter and was not in unity with him. Yet both were being sanctified and therefore God considered them as being perfected.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. NKJV

The body of Christ has not reached unity. God considers every believer being sanctified as perfected.

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, NKJV

Paul had a disagreement with Peter and was not in unity with him. Yet both were being sanctified and therefore God considered them as being perfected.
But not as the whole Body of Christ. That is yet to be perfect/mature by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Sorry but this is ridiculous, the inheritance is the New Earth, which has always been the design of God, for His image bearers to have dominion on Earth and He would dwell with them as their king of kings.
This idea of separate destinies for Jews and Gentiles is against what Paul taught

Galatians 3
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 11 teaches that we are grafted in to the family of God. we do not replace Israel, and yet we are not wholly separate either, we are joined to them, we are co-heirs in Christ after their eventual salvation en masse.

2 Peter 3
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but this is ridiculous, the inheritance is the New Earth, which has always been the design of God, for His image bearers to have dominion on Earth and He would dwell with them as their king of kings.
This idea of separate destinies for Jews and Gentiles is against what Paul taught

Galatians 3

Romans 11 teaches that we are grafted in to the family of God. we do not replace Israel, and yet we are not wholly separate either, we are joined to them, we are co-heirs in Christ after their eventual salvation en masse.

2 Peter 3
I agree that God has destined man for the New Eart, for read of the nations on the new earth. (Rev. 21: 24). However, God has other purposes and that is why He created Israel and later the Body of Christ. There was no need of them if we were all just going to be on the earth.

God`s great kingdom is from the third heaven, the Universe and the earth. Each of those realms will have righteous rulership under the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now, you say that Jesus will rule on the earth. That rulership position is

- below where Lucifer had his throne,
- below the angels,
- below where Satan rules from now,

BELOW on His footstool - `Heaven is my throne and earth my footstool. ` (Isa. 66: 1)

That is NOT giving the Lord the pre-eminence, nor being `far above all ....not only in this age but also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21)

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree that God has destined man for the New Eart, for read of the nations on the new earth. (Rev. 21: 24). However, God has other purposes and that is why He created Israel and later the Body of Christ. There was no need of them if we were all just going to be on the earth.

God`s great kingdom is from the third heaven, the Universe and the earth. Each of those realms will have righteous rulership under the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now, you say that Jesus will rule on the earth. That rulership position is

- below where Lucifer had his throne,
- below the angels,
- below where Satan rules from now,

BELOW on His footstool - `Heaven is my throne and earth my footstool. ` (Isa. 66: 1)

That is NOT giving the Lord the pre-eminence, nor being `far above all ....not only in this age but also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21)

It is one body and all of us, the OT Saints and the Church, are grafted into it by Christ.

You can't have "we are all one in Christ Jesus" if you have a caste system, a caste system in the Kingdom of God!
God forbid!

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Everyone in Christ that is being sanctified is perfected.

Hebrews 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. NKJV

If anyone is not being sanctified, they have rejected God's discipline and are illegitimate. They are no longer a part of His body.

Hebrews 11:39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, 40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us. NKJV

All the OT saints did not receive the promise. Luke 16:20-23 from Jesus' parable of the beggar Lazarus, when the OT saints died they went to a place called Abraham's bosom which was near Hades. Luke 23: 43 Jesus told the criminal, who died on the cross with Him, that he would be in paradise with him that day. We know that Jesus spent 3 days in the earth. So the OT saints did not go to heaven when they died. They could not be born again, a requirement to enter heaven, until Jesus was perfected. Therefore, some OT saints had to wait thousands of years before they saw their reward to be in heaven with God.

2 Corinthians 5: 8 Paul said that to be absent from the body (dead) was to be present with the Lord in heaven. The something better for us is when we die we go to be with the Lord immediately.

I agree with Jamdoc. To say we saints in the NT saints get a better reward than the OT saints is not correct. We have a better reward only because of our position in His story.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Everyone in Christ that is being sanctified is perfected.

Hebrews 12:7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. NKJV

If anyone is not being sanctified, they have rejected God's discipline and are illegitimate. They are no longer a part of His body.

Hebrews 11:39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, 40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us. NKJV

All the OT saints did not receive the promise. Luke 16:20-23 from Jesus' parable of the beggar Lazarus, when the OT saints died they went to a place called Abraham's bosom which was near Hades. Luke 23: 43 Jesus told the criminal, who died on the cross with Him, that he would be in paradise with him that day. We know that Jesus spent 3 days in the earth. So the OT saints did not go to heaven when they died. They could not be born again, a requirement to enter heaven, until Jesus was perfected. Therefore, some OT saints had to wait thousands of years before they saw their reward to be in heaven with God.

2 Corinthians 5: 8 Paul said that to be absent from the body (dead) was to be present with the Lord in heaven. The something better for us is when we die we go to be with the Lord immediately.

I agree with Jamdoc. To say we saints in the NT saints get a better reward than the OT saints is not correct. We have a better reward only because of our position in His story.

yeah I reflected on these few chapters of Hebrews too over the past few days. The promises made to the Old Testament were to live well in the Earthly Israel as it existed then, there was no promise of Eternal life or a New Earth and New Jerusalem until the prophets who were giving Messianic prophecies like Isaiah, and Ezekiel
Those promises in Isaiah and Ezekiel are not old covenant promises, they are new covenant promises, because they are connected to the rule of Messiah.
The old covenant's promises ended at death, the resurrection itself is a new covenant promise that is tied to Christ's own resurrection, ascension to heaven, and future return to consummate all those promises.

The bible simply does not teach that old covenant saints are going to be resurrected on a new earth while new covenant saints are going to be in some non corporeal spiritual heaven over them.
That perspective is based in Greek Philosophy and Gnosticism, which poisoned the Church especially after about the 4th century when the School of Alexandria started taking over a lot of the Church's theology and eschatology, inventing Amillennialism, and making a hardline "duality of man" argument for people just going to heaven as pure spirit and staying there forever.
These Stoic Philosopher converts like Augustine were trying to hybridize their stoic philosophies with Christianity.

But God created man body first. Man was always meant to be a physical, tangible image of God ruling the Earth.
and that's what the promises give us, a renewed creation, physical resurrection, and man dwelling with God on Earth as perfected image-bearers.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The bible simply does not teach that old covenant saints are going to be resurrected on a new earth while new covenant saints are going to be in some non corporeal spiritual heaven over them.
What the Bible does teach, is the raising of everyone who has ever lived to stand before God in Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15
Every persons fate is simply determined by whether their names are found in the Book of Life.

God will Judge fairly, during the time of their earthly life; according to the circumstances of each persons life.
My belief is that a persons name is Written in the Book of Life, at birth. It gets erased, Psalms 69:28, when they knowingly sin and choose a path in life that is selfish and detrimental to other people. Romans 1:18-32

True believers in God and after the Jesus came; in the Salvation Jesus offered to all; never have their names blotted out, but if their works are of no eternal value, they will not receive any rewards. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What the Bible does teach, is the raising of everyone who has ever lived to stand before God in Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15
Every persons fate is simply determined by whether their names are found in the Book of Life.

God will Judge fairly, during the time of their earthly life; according to the circumstances of each persons life.
My belief is that a persons name is Written in the Book of Life, at birth. It gets erased, Psalms 69:28, when they knowingly sin and choose a path in life that is selfish and detrimental to other people. Romans 1:18-32

True believers in God and after the Jesus came; in the Salvation Jesus offered to all; never have their names blotted out, but if their works are of no eternal value, they will not receive any rewards. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15

The idea that you start out written in the book of life but then get blotted out with sin is consistent with Romans 7
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Maybe this is controversial but before Adam and Eve were conscious of good and evil I imagine they could have done a lot of things that would be considered sin, and just not held accountable for it because they didn't know any better. Lions commit infanticide, we look at it as evil because we have the knowledge of good and evil, but a Lion, no clue, it just has an instinct to breed and knows the lioness won't go into heat while she's raising another male Lion's cubs. Does God hold the Lion accountable for that murder? The bible doesn't seem to deal with that in particular But I lean towards no, because God made the lion and gave it the instincts it has, and it's just acting on them, without any awareness of right and wrong.

But we know better, and we choose wrong anyway, so God has to hold us accountable, so, death.

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yeah I reflected on these few chapters of Hebrews too over the past few days. The promises made to the Old Testament were to live well in the Earthly Israel as it existed then, there was no promise of Eternal life or a New Earth and New Jerusalem until the prophets who were giving Messianic prophecies like Isaiah, and Ezekiel
Those promises in Isaiah and Ezekiel are not old covenant promises, they are new covenant promises, because they are connected to the rule of Messiah.
The old covenant's promises ended at death, the resurrection itself is a new covenant promise that is tied to Christ's own resurrection, ascension to heaven, and future return to consummate all those promises.

That perspective is based in Greek Philosophy and Gnosticism, which poisoned the Church especially after about the 4th century when the School of Alexandria started taking over a lot of the Church's theology and eschatology, inventing Amillennialism, and making a hardline "duality of man" argument for people just going to heaven as pure spirit and staying there forever.
These Stoic Philosopher converts like Augustine were trying to hybridize their stoic philosophies with Christianity.

But God created man body first. Man was always meant to be a physical, tangible image of God ruling the Earth.
and that's what the promises give us, a renewed creation, physical resurrection, and man dwelling with God on Earth as perfected image-bearers.
Thank you. I read more promises given to the OT saints. Here are some.

Genesis 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field. On your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust All the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel." NKJV

From the garden they were promised a seed of the woman that would crush the head of their adversary. They did not see this till Jesus was crucified.

Job 19:25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, NKJV

They were promised a redeemer who would resurrect them from the grave. They did not see their redeemer until Jesus was resurrected.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. NKJV

They knew they might have a chance of an eternity of life. This can only happen by Jesus.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. NKJV

The complete plan of salvation was written in the heavens through the zodiac and 3 decants with each sign. Some of the promises have yet to be fulfilled but we are closer now than when the OT saints died.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I read more promises given to the OT saints. Here are some.

Genesis 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, you are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field. On your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust All the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel." NKJV

From the garden they were promised a seed of the woman that would crush the head of their adversary. They did not see this till Jesus was crucified.

Job 19:25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God, NKJV

They were promised a redeemer who would resurrect them from the grave. They did not see their redeemer until Jesus was resurrected.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. NKJV

They knew they might have a chance of an eternity of life. This can only happen by Jesus.

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. NKJV

The complete plan of salvation was written in the heavens through the zodiac and 3 decants with each sign. Some of the promises have yet to be fulfilled but we are closer now than when the OT saints died.

Yeah I wasn't saying that these promises weren't in the old testament they are hidden as mysteries in the OT, but what I'm saying is the covenant promises made as part of the old Mosaic Covenant didn't have eternal life and the new Earth. They are always connected with Messiah, and the fact that a new covenant will exist is sprinkled throughout the old testament. That's the something better is the new covenant promises of a New Heavens and New Earth and eternal life and Messiah (who is known as Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace, and yet Jews think Messiah won't be divine...) dwelling with us.

The Author of Hebrews is contrasting the Mosaic Covenant and law, with the New Covenant and Christ, and saying Christ and eternal life are better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah I wasn't saying that these promises weren't in the old testament they are hidden as mysteries in the OT, but what I'm saying is the covenant promises made as part of the old Mosaic Covenant didn't have eternal life and the new Earth. They are always connected with Messiah, and the fact that a new covenant will exist is sprinkled throughout the old testament. That's the something better is the new covenant promises of a New Heavens and New Earth and eternal life and Messiah (who is known as Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace, and yet Jews think Messiah won't be divine...) dwelling with us.

The Author of Hebrews is contrasting the Mosaic Covenant and law, with the New Covenant and Christ, and saying Christ and eternal life are better.

Yes, everything has to do with Jesus. One had to piece it all together from many different books.

Isaiah 65:17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy. 19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, AND joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying. 20 "No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old, But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; Hey shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord, And their offspring with them. 24 "It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. Hey shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, "Says the Lord. NKJV

Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth Which I will make shall remain before Me," says the Lord, "So shall your descendants and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass That from one New Moon to another, And from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," says the Lord. 24 "And they shall go forth and look Upon the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm does not die, And their fire is not quenched. They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh." NKJV

The new earth, new heavens and new Jerusalem were in the OT. As I read the above it doesn't say we will live eternally, but it implies a very long life.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The new earth, new heavens and new Jerusalem were in the OT. As I read the above it doesn't say we will live eternally, but it implies a very long life.
I view Isaiah 65:17-24, as a Prophecy about the Millennium period.
Verse 17 mentions the new heavens and earth as future and the final situation. THEN the old earth will not be remembered.

However, the rest of that chapter describes earthly things, which do not fit with Eternity as described in Revelation 21 to 22.
The same in Isaiah 66:22-24, I don't think that corpses will be around in Eternity. This parallel's with Zechariah 14:16-21, which is about the Millennium.

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I view Isaiah 65:17-24, as a Prophecy about the Millennium period.
Verse 17 mentions the new heavens and earth as future and the final situation. THEN the old earth will not be remembered.

However, the rest of that chapter describes earthly things, which do not fit with Eternity as described in Revelation 21 to 22.
The same in Isaiah 66:22-24, I don't think that corpses will be around in Eternity. This parallel's with Zechariah 14:16-21, which is about the Millennium.
What in Isaiah 66 disagrees with revelation 21-22?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
some people see mentions of death and corpses as invalidating it being about the new earth.

I don't. since I think that language is a bit symbolic, or referring to the dead in the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My belief is that Isaiah 66:1:5 is our situation now.
Isaiah 66:6, is the terrible Day of the Lords fiery wrath that will commence all the Prophesied end time events.
Isaiah 66:7-8, is the establishment of the Christian nation of Beulah, in all of the Holy Land. Isaiah 62:1-5 After the Lords Day of wrath has cleared and cleansed the Holy Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43
Isaiah 66:9-14 describes how the Lord will bless His people in Beulah, with peace and prosperity.
Isaiah 66:15-18a, More details on the Day of the Lords wrath, the Sixth Seal.
Isaiah 66:18b-12, the sending out of the 144,000 and the making of sacrifices in the new Temple. BEFORE Jesus Returns.
Isaiah 676:22, Promises of the Eternal state, after the Millennium.
Isaiha 66:23-24 is in the Millennium.

Upvote 0