If I can show you a fool who has changed his mind four times... can I prove the fool has 'evolved'?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just to hit the nail *BAM* on the head: if I can show you a fool who has changed his mind four times, I can show you a fool who has "evolved"?

For example, the fool learns to talk, the fool learns to walk, the fool buys a car and the fool buys a house to put the car in: is this all evolved?

Do you see where I am going with this? What is Wisdom to the fool, if he can never grasp it? An evolved fool??

I'm looking forward to your feedback on this one!

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

So just to hit the nail *BAM* on the head: if I can show you a fool who has changed his mind four times, I can show you a fool who has "evolved"?

For example, the fool learns to talk, the fool learns to walk, the fool buys a car and the fool buys a house to put the car in: is this all evolved?

Do you see where I am going with this? What is Wisdom to the fool, if he can never grasp it? An evolved fool??

Do you see where I am going with this?
NO

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

We all change our minds (or should change them) when we find out new information that requires we do so.

morse86: You have it backwards. Birds did not evolve into dinosaurs. It's the other way around.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Come on, be fair: the fool had more survival going for him in the end - by your standards that "is evolved"?

That looks more like a statement than a question, but whatever the case, not by my standards.

Where do you get the idea it's by anyone's standards?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

I don't see how he changed his mind even once. #BAM!#

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
That looks more like a statement than a question, but whatever the case, not by my standards.

Where do you get the idea it's by anyone's standards?

And there you are: to you "truth" is a standard you can question when you like? It doesn't hurt you to question it the wrong way (because there is no wrong way)?

I'm serious, according to your definition of Evolution, the fool is evolved!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And there you are: to you "truth" is a standard you can question when you like? It doesn't hurt you to question it the wrong way (because there is no wrong way)?

I'm serious, according to your definition of Evolution, the fool is evolved!

No, to me, the truth is the actual truth.

I still don't think you know the proper use for a question mark, and that's the actual truth. :)

But that aside, you aren't making a lot of sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you see where I am going with this?

Well, no, quite frankly.

If you're going to criticise the theory of evolution, I think you need to understand it a little better. In particular, individuals don't evolve.

Populations evolve, and the debate is really about how great those evolutionary changes can be. Are the only changes small ones within a genus or species, or can you also get different families, classes, and phyla?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Well, no, quite frankly.

If you're going to criticise the theory of evolution, I think you need to understand it a little better. In particular, individuals don't evolve.

Populations evolve, and the debate is really about how great those evolutionary changes can be. Are the only changes small ones within a genus or species, or can you also get different families, classes, and phyla?

The more ubiquitous a trait is, the more that trait survives.

Nowhere is it said, "ubiquity is not shared".

Moreover, ubiquity can be learned after the grave - a point Jesus makes quite well!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The more ubiquitous a trait is, the more that trait survives.

Nowhere is it said, "ubiquity is not shared".

Moreover, ubiquity can be learned after the grave - a point Jesus makes quite well!

I have no idea what any of that means.

Upvote 0