I want to start looking for a wife. Need advice, please.

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
That’s my problem lol.

Now you are the woman, but its no different truly, most all guys want a girl in there life also.

No one wants to be alone, no one, and the truth is if you give your self a little chance you might be surprised what happens.

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. God bless! I just made an account here and I'm hoping I can find some Godly advice here.

Well, Welcome to the forum Camden!

About me first. I'm a male that's about to turn 22. I've never dated, kissed, or even held hands with a girl. Mostly becasue I'm shy. I'm short height wise (5'7") and about average looks wise. Most importantly, I became a Christian about three years ago. It's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. My life has meaning now and I love the God that I serve.

According to the last chart I saw the average height for males in the USA be
5 ft 9.5 inches...so you not all that short.

I just really think that God wants me to start trying to date and maybe start looking for a potential wife. I still have a couple years of college left so I don't want to be married really soon, but I think it's time to at least start looking. Also, I'm just wanting to share my life with somebody, have a companion.

There are lots of girls at my college but most aren't Christians. And quite a few party often. That's not the type of girl I want. I'm looking for somebody that would make a good wife and mom and that's a devout Christian.

So... where could I find a girl like this? What things should I look for in a girl? How can I prepare myself and better myself for her?

Read your Bible and live it out... you'll find she's doing the same thing.
Work and pay down debts, open up a savings account and start stacking some
paper (putting away cash) for the future.
Live frugal, pay debts/school loan.

Finally, do you have any tips on how best to pray for God to lead me to her? Sorry for all the questions.

Your Bible lays out all the things I have shared... it puts it like this in scripture/verses:
Proverbs 21:5
Luke 14:28-30
Proverbs 21:20
Luke 16:10
Romans 12:1-2
2 Timothy 2:24
1 Peter 3:4
Proverbs 31:15
Micah 6:8
Amos 3:3
2 Corinthians 6:14-16

Thanks!

Where you may find the christian girl for you...she could be right under your nose.

Thing is, most young people be up to they eyeballs in all kinds of debt and aren't in no shape to get married now or even five years from now but many of them
go ahead and get married... add more debt and one or two children to they rising mountain of debt...ending up divorcing.

Now, If your education isn't already paid in full, then the type of girl you should
be on the look for is the one who doesn't have a student loan or a lot of debt.
She got a job and enjoys it.
Nine times out of ten, she will be living at home with her parents/parent.
Her date life is like nada... she's not partying, she's out visiting, helping others/volunteering in her free time.
When she goes out it's with friends or family.
She reads a lot.
She's the one demonstrating the love of Jesus, serving graciously and not seeking
accolades or attention for herself.
When she pays a compliment it's sincere and her laughter is music to the ear
because it's joyful.
She worships and honors God inside and outside of church.
You'll find that she's a bargain shopper, she won't be wearing the latest styles.
The people who know her... love and respect her sincerity and loyalty, when she
say she will be there, she is there. If there's clean up to do or extra work, she
will be the one to do it without being pressed.

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
All these people saying don't be shy and accept rejection. First of all an introvert isn't going to change into an extrovert so this advice is useless. Also rejection is always a horrible feeling and you telling him to embrace that is horrible. I know because I've been rejected about 1000 times over 9 years....it's bad the 1st time and the 1000th time.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
But, I need to know how to approach girls and talk to them.

Pretend they're guys....but instead of talking about sports, approach her with a hello, introduce yourself and ask for her name. If she's not interested, you'll know rather quickly.

This should go without saying, but....make sure that you don't smell bad. If you stink, game over! If you smoke and she doesn't, you're gonna wreak to her and she'll walk away. And don't forget to pop a breath mint just to be safe.

When she gives you her name, start off with a compliment....something like "You smell great, what's that scent you're wearing?" Try to start a conversation, small talk to start, but if she doesn't respond and ask any questions for you to answer then you might have some difficulty. If your meeting is a one-sided conversation, then you might wanna move on to the next target? You'll know in the first 5 minutes if she likes you, so don't forget to ask for her phone number.

Don't let rejection get you down though, just keep trying and your confidence will build with experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Step one - Befriend a guy from a country that still has arranged marriages
Step two - inconspicuously bring up that you sure wish you were family to him
Step three - make money, and show it to his parents
Step four - convert to whatever church he is part of
Step five - marry his sister
Step six - Enjoy time with the 10 sons you have

Works every time. Trust me I'm single.

Upvote 0

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi. God bless! I just made an account here and I'm hoping I can find some Godly advice here.

About me first. I'm a male that's about to turn 22. I've never dated, kissed, or even held hands with a girl. Mostly becasue I'm shy. I'm short height wise (5'7") and about average looks wise. Most importantly, I became a Christian about three years ago. It's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. My life has meaning now and I love the God that I serve.

I just really think that God wants me to start trying to date and maybe start looking for a potential wife. I still have a couple years of college left so I don't want to be married really soon, but I think it's time to at least start looking. Also, I'm just wanting to share my life with somebody, have a companion.

There are lots of girls at my college but most aren't Christians. And quite a few party often. That's not the type of girl I want. I'm looking for somebody that would make a good wife and mom and that's a devout Christian.

So... where could I find a girl like this? What things should I look for in a girl? How can I prepare myself and better myself for her? Finally, do you have any tips on how best to pray for God to lead me to her? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks!
Godly advice?

Don't do it.

• Haha
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Now, If your education isn't already paid in full, then the type of girl you should
Her date life is like nada... she's not partying, she's out visiting, helping others/volunteering in her free time.
She reads a lot.
She's the one demonstrating the love of Jesus, serving graciously and not seeking
because it's joyful.
You'll find that she's a bargain shopper, she won't be wearing the latest styles.
say she will be there, she is there. If there's clean up to do or extra work, she

Hey that's me!... Although I have alot of debt :(

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,037,377.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know that I can give advice.
But if you want to be friends with, or get to know, anyone, a smile and a "hello, how are you?" are a good starting point.

Also, if you show an interest in them; get them to talk about themselves, ask about family etc. Or chat about shared hobbies - assuming you share some and don't make them up just to impress. First of all, you are showing an interest in them, and you are also just being yourself.
It doesn't guarantee success, or a date - but it's a lot better than someone who has an air of "I need a girlfriend, are you looking for marriage?"

• Winner
Reactions: OzSpen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamesbond007

Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

So... where could I find a girl like this? What things should I look for in a girl? How can I prepare myself and better myself for her? Finally, do you have any tips on how best to pray for God to lead me to her? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks!
Stop looking and ask God to find one for you. When he does, you will know that is the one.

I agree to leave it in the hands of God. Let the Holy Spirit guide you. First and foremost, what this does is make you more attractive. You won't seem desperate. When you are seeking, that's the vibes that you send out. Don't even make a list of the qualities you are looking for in a mate. That's pathetic as usually no one will be able to meet your criteria. Just let it happen.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Thanks!

Hi Camden, welcome to CF. Pray diligently to God about this, delve into the Bible, especially Proverbs, and as it is written, seek God diligently in all you do, and He will give you the desires of your heart, and that will be because the desires of your heart will be in sync with His will, and He will surely bless you because of it, as He delights in you and rejoices over you with singing.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." ~Psalm 37:4

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." ~Psalm 37:5

In the meantime, delve into whatever He leads you to, regarding a ministry, or living for Him, and as you become involved in serving Him, He will SURELY bring into your path those who are of the same mind, heart, and spirit, and THIS is how you will meet and interact with others who will be a blessing too, including a possible future wife, who will be the closest to a Proverbs 31 woman.

How phenomenal is THAT??!!

God bless you Camden. Praying that God blesses yer socks off, brother. :)

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Thanks!

Camden,

Certainly pray!

It should help to go to an evangelical, Bible-believing church where there are godly women your age.

It would be far better than going to SinCity Night Club.

When I was a little younger than you and an introvert, my boss suggested I join a Rostrum public speaking club. It was one of the greatest things I did. The members nurtured me through my shyness. Toastmasters has become a better known and more extensive public speaking organisation in Australia.

It helped me to come out of my shell as a communicator.

May the Lord bless your search.
Oz

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good advice. But, I need to know how to approach girls and talk to them. I can't really do that right now. And unfortunately, I don't believe that a girl is going to walk up to me and ask me to marry her.
You are blessed - rejoice and give thanks !
Usually when someone starts 'talking' more with girls, they start getting led into lots of trouble (as you posted, most are not Christian; also note many who claim to be are deceptive) "beauty is vain, and charm is deceitful; but she who fears the Lord is to be praised" (a good wife is a treasure , and difficult to find) .....

Let God "have the government (of your life) upon His shoulders" ; seek Him always, in everything , and HIs Way,
and HE WILL DIRECT YOUR STEPS.... even though perhaps with much persecution (for living in the Truth of His Word).

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just really think that God wants me to start trying to date and maybe start looking for a potential wife.
Please read 1CORINTHIANS.7 about what God wants or prefers for the unmarried.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sal Robinson

Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
castle hill
✟100,160.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Friend, I’ll tell you what someone told me…girls want to be apart of the adventure…they don’t want to be the adventure, they want to be apart of the adventure…is your life an adventure? You have to Be adventurous first before you even think about women….. the only way to have an adventure to follow jesus, get out of your comfort zone…and follow his call for your life!

God Bless You Camden M :)

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks!

Start by asking God for His choice for wife for you. And even though you don't know who she is yet, pray for her.

Are you actively involved in a local bible believing church? If not, why? If you are, do they have young adult groups (18-25 years old)? If they do, become involved in the group. If they do not, seek a Christian young adult group in your local area to become involved in. You never know what friends that might lead you to, and then perhaps a young woman who is pursuing Christ.

Patience is very key. God has a timetable for your life and He knows what will happen when. I married my beautiful wife later in my life and I am so very grateful to God for her and that He caused me to wait. If I had started dating in my 20s or 30s, any relationship I would have been would not have been done very well at all.

-------------
Things not to do:
Do not seek after a lady who is not a Christian or shows no fruit of the work of Christ in her life. If you seek after an unbeliever, you will be unequally yoked and she will attempt to draw you away from Christ. Solomon is a great example that we should never knowingly have an unbelieving wife.

Dating sites are not recommended, even Christian dating sites. While it is possible to meet a Godly woman from a dating site, it is very difficult to really get to know them initially.

------------
Again, the important thing is to ask God and to have patience.

Upvote 0

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where you may find the christian girl for you...she could be right under your nose.

Thing is, most young people be up to they eyeballs in all kinds of debt and aren't in no shape to get married now or even five years from now but many of them
go ahead and get married... add more debt and one or two children to they rising mountain of debt...ending up divorcing.

She reads a lot.
because it's joyful.

Hey! That's me! Although I am a boy and my Father has alot of debt. :wave:

Upvote 0

Jon Osterman

Jan 23, 2018
Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My advice would be to forget about it. Put it aside and pray about it. You only need God, and a girlfriend will just distract you from Him. You have shown already that you can cope without a relationship, so why burden yourself with one now?

• Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good advice. But, I need to know how to approach girls and talk to them. I can't really do that right now. And unfortunately, I don't believe that a girl is going to walk up to me and ask me to marry her.

OK, let me explain something to you. At the same time I was praying for a wife, I would be praying that the Lord revealed to me what my calling was. When you know what you were created to be, you will all the more recognize what you need in a wife. Plus, if you can begin to walk in your ministry (whatever it may be), that is where you may meet her and instantly recognize what an asset she is to you.

But for now, just pray for His grace to put her in your path.

Upvote 0