I want to start looking for a wife. Need advice, please.

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Passages like the following, may have been what Evergold (great name, by the way) may have had in mind...

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

"Meet for" being the same as "suitable for."

1 Timothy 5:14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

Rom. 14:5; Rom. 5:6-8.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Coincidences in life attributed to God; the way of the pagan world read by far too many into passages like Rom. 8:28 - never mind the context of such passages, thank you very much.

Try a bit more Rom. 12:1,2 and less "the wisdom of this world." 1 Cor. 1:20.

Acts 20:16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Rom. 5:6-8
And.........................

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟326,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A good wife is here in the Bible: Proverbs 31:

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

This is easily translated into attributes in today's times: A virtuous woman is careful with her body.

You can trust in her to keep you safe, and confide in her and she will never run and tell all her friends about your secrets. She'll have good friends who don't want to hear that junk anyway.

She will promise to love you always and do well by you, and never do anything to sink herself into scandal or gossip.

She will clean the house and cook, and keep it lovingly. But if both of you work, nowadays, a husband has to help. Period. And help with the kids.

She makes sure you and your children have warm clothes for the winter and none ever goes cold.

She dresses well and tastefully, not seductively as to garner unwanted attention.

If she works outside the home, she brings her income into the home and helps pay bills and buy food and contributes to the household along with you to make it a stable and sound home.

She displays strength and honor, does not give into things such as undue drama and deals with unstable situations with prayer and a hushed mouth. (Hubbies should do this as well)

She is never lazy. She does not put off tomorrow what can be done today unless it's a major home improvement project she is helping you with. Those can often take a bit, when both work outside the home and have children.

She believes in discipline, as should you, and your children will appreciate it later on by being responsible, successful and hard-working adults on their own and not inmates in the documentaries on YouTube. You do not want to see your child there.

Remember physical beauty never lasts forever; inside beauty lasts forever. A Godly woman who loves the Lord and loves you is one to be revered, for she will treat you lovingly and with God's kindness.

Be complimentary of her and support her in her good endeavors. Remember, kind words and encouragement is much easier than finding fault. Before you think to find fault with one who has these charisteristics, look in the mirror then speak to God. Remember how she has supported you.

This may be quite a bit much, but you will adapt your own interpretations to these verses, and I pray you will find a true lady who will share in your happiness and love to the end of your days.

All good things

Emmy

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. God bless! I just made an account here and I'm hoping I can find some Godly advice here.

About me first. I'm a male that's about to turn 22. I've never dated, kissed, or even held hands with a girl. Mostly becasue I'm shy. I'm short height wise (5'7") and about average looks wise. Most importantly, I became a Christian about three years ago. It's been the best thing that's ever happened to me. My life has meaning now and I love the God that I serve.

I just really think that God wants me to start trying to date and maybe start looking for a potential wife. I still have a couple years of college left so I don't want to be married really soon, but I think it's time to at least start looking. Also, I'm just wanting to share my life with somebody, have a companion.

There are lots of girls at my college but most aren't Christians. And quite a few party often. That's not the type of girl I want. I'm looking for somebody that would make a good wife and mom and that's a devout Christian.

So... where could I find a girl like this? What things should I look for in a girl? How can I prepare myself and better myself for her? Finally, do you have any tips on how best to pray for God to lead me to her? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks!

Find local churches that have singles groups and start attending. A good start is fellowship with fellow single believers. I attended some of these when I was single (a lot of nice Christian ladies there) and I dated a couple.

I also ran an ad in a local paper that stated Christian man looking for Christian lady for dating and possible marriage. I had a lot of replies and many casual coffee dates and eventually met my wife on one of those dates.

Recommended First Dates.
Just to break the ice.

A bag of chicken scratch and going to a local Lake to feed the Ducks.

Coffee shop.

Maybe a movie with dinner?

M-Bob

Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Find local churches that have singles groups and start attending. A good start is fellowship with fellow single believers. I attended some of these when I was single (a lot of nice Christian ladies there) and I dated a couple.

I also ran an ad in a local paper that stated Christian man looking for Christian lady for dating and possible marriage. I had a lot of replies and many casual coffee dates and eventually met my wife on one of those dates.

Recommended First Dates.
Just to break the ice.

A bag of chicken scratch and going to a local Lake to feed the Ducks.

Coffee shop.

Maybe a movie with dinner?

M-Bob

Or you could ask the Lord to find you one. He is pretty good at doing that as he knows everything.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) Be the kind of man that a woman would want to marry. Do you exercise? If not, start now. Do you save money? If not, start now. Will your college major allow you to provide for a family? If not, consider changing it. Life isn't a romance movie. Women want security, and you have to be able to provide that. "Love" and gooshy feelings don't provide food, clothes, and a roof, and women know that.

2) Find a girl at church. If not at church, then somewhere where you'll meet other people who value what you value. Meet older married men at church that you can trust, and ask them for their help and advice.

3) Women can every bit as screwed up and insecure as men can be. There are a whole heck of a lot of really great women who think that they're anything but great, or at least whose egos aren't overinflated. Just because a woman may seem "out of your league" doesn't mean that she sees herself as out of your league. I'm that way. I always thought that most women were out of my league and wanted nothing to do with me, only to later realize that I was missing a whole lot of cues from them and that they are now with guys who look pretty similar to me. I don't know what you look like, but you're somebody's type, and there is a REALLY good chance that someone that you may think is out of your league sees you as her type.

There is no reason to fear women. They're just people. They all get B.O. They all stink up the bathroom. They all get hairy. Just talk to them.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1) Be the kind of man that a woman would want to marry.

Forgive me but this sounds like the question "How long is a piece of string."

My experience is having been married 48 years that being a man a woman would want to marry is fraught with danger. I only wanted to be the man that one woman wanted to marry and I married her. 48 years later we have two children and 11 grandchildren.

The reason why it has worked is because we allowed the Lord to choose the person we married. Foolproof.

Upvote 0

Wapitzer

May 31, 2018
Kokomo
✟8,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I meet my wife at work. You never know where you'll meet the one. Before my wife and I started talking I had been praying and reading my Bible a lot. I eventually became content with being alone. I figured I would rather be alone with God than to be in a relationship that wasn't good. I knew I wanted my wife to be my wife from the beginning. I prayed for God's will in the situation. I became friends with her and just kinda made my presence know to her. I made sure to talk to her everyday and listen to her and got her small thoughtful gifts here and there. I would hang out with her around her friends and family and build relationships with them too. You got to look at what's most important to you in your future. For me it was family. I saw how my wife had an amazing heart and was so caring. I knew she would be an amazing wife. When you see there I've for you. You'll just know. We've been married 5 years now and have been through a lot together, but with God we have made it through so many things and we love each other more every day.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After a long time of being single and dating many ladies I prayed to the Lord that he would pick a wife for me if it be his will and not let me get a wife that I would pick.

This was most important to me a prayer I prayed often.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

akaDaScribe

Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2018
Boston Area
✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good advice. But, I need to know how to approach girls and talk to them. I can't really do that right now. And unfortunately, I don't believe that a girl is going to walk up to me and ask me to marry her.

I'd say strike up conversations based on the situations rather than trying to memorize what you are going to say. This is how i meet most people in general. If you make a comment about something you are both experiencing and the person is open to it, then a conversation develops. If not,then you just move on.

Every time you meet a woman, it doesn't have to be a deal closer; especially since you are on campus. You could have a short conversation, go about your business, and have something to refer to next time you see her.

Let it happen and don't create situations where the woman has to make decisions about the relationship. Don't ask her on a date the day you meet her. Say you are going to grab something to eat and ask her if she's eaten yet. Let the relationship evolve and define itself. This is how to do it if you're shy. I'm not shy but I am an introvert who had to develop these techniques for survival purposes. :D

Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums