I give up: I'd rather go backwards, than forwards (in Evolution)

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What is the distinction between Evolution and "free fall", when do you know your game is up? Can you wait, until someone with a parachute comes along? Why then would you wait for Evolution to make sense?

There's a very easy to way to make evolution make sense: you can stop asking inane questions and actually make a sincere and proper attempt to actually learn about it.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There's a very easy to way to make evolution make sense: you can stop asking inane questions and actually make a sincere and proper attempt to actually learn about it.

Come on.

I understand that Evolution requires change: I have mirror neurons - at least part of the way you would prefer to think was evident to me.

The one problem, is that you think we come from a long list of affinities - which is possible for growth, but impossible for random scaling (for most intents and purposes).

But on top of that: I want to help you surpass the Evolution, that you say I have got: now are you going to say its impossible (while in the same breath you expect me believe you improve with Evolution, on your own), or are you going to say it's too hard for me, to help you surpass my Evolution because even though its mine, I don't believe it (the way you do)?

My mirror neurons can only help me understand something that makes a little sense, for either of us?

I mean it really is the Emperor's clothes, if you think I should believe in something, without helping you understand it, in my (particular) way (up to the point that I believe it myself)!

I could go on, but I don't want to crowd the conversation out, when what is at stake is a very tiny question as to whether you enjoy what you believe, in the sense that you would improve it - I take Christ's command to watch, with a grain of salt, but you don't see me telling people there's no more time to watch because that's as far as I want to go, with what Christ said (and the meaning of it).

Maybe you are going to laugh? "Who cares what his evolution was (I don't need him)?"

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

You're doing it again: asking inane questions that have nothing to do with evolution and do not any sense.

You cannot surpass any one person's evolution, biology does not work like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You're doing it again: asking inane questions that have nothing to do with evolution and do not any sense.

You cannot surpass any one person's evolution, biology does not work like that.

No be fair.

If I use my mirror neurons, to help you establish another stem cell connection, with your Evolution, I have helped you surpass my "Evolution".

It's just a fact.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
No be fair.

If I use my mirror neurons, to help you establish another stem cell connection, with your Evolution, I have helped you surpass my "Evolution".

It's just a fact.
公平ではありません。

私がミラーニューロンを使用して、あなたが別の幹細胞接続を確立するのを助けるために、あなたの進化論で、私はあなたが私の「進化論」を超えるのを助けました。

それはただの事実です。

It makes no more sense in Japanese than it does in English.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
No be fair.

It's just a fact.

No, I will not be fair because you have shown time and again that you do not understand evolution and you actually make no serious attempt to understand evolution.

Mirror neurons don't establish stem cell connections, it's the other way around, and you can't do anything biological to help me evolve. Biological evolution does not work the way you describe it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
公平ではありません。

私がミラーニューロンを使用して、あなたが別の幹細胞接続を確立するのを助けるために、あなたの進化論で、私はあなたが私の「進化論」を超えるのを助けました。

それはただの事実です。

It makes no more sense in Japanese than it does in English.

This is the weirdest things, usually translating something to a foreign language and back scrambles it, but I put your Japanese version into Google translate and the resulting English makes more sense (grammatically) than "Gotts" original:

google translate said:
It's not fair.

In your theory of evolution, I helped you go beyond my "evolution" to help you establish another stem cell connection using mirror neurons.

That's just a fact.

(It's still nonsense as an idea.)

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
This is the weirdest things, usually translating something to a foreign language and back scrambles it, but I put your Japanese version into Google translate and the resulting English makes more sense (grammatically) than "Gotts" original:

(It's still nonsense as an idea.)
That's funny!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What if I repeatedly want to go back, in Evolution? What happens then? Some going back mutates and I go back to being more like I was?

Stop. Please stop.

Evolution isn't a personal thing it doesn't happen to individuals.

Evolution isn't time travel either.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What if I repeatedly want to go back, in Evolution? What happens then? Some going back mutates and I go back to being more like I was?
You can't. You, personally, can't evolve. Evolution takes place when you have offspring who are different than you.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You can't. You, personally, can't evolve. Evolution takes place when you have offspring who are different than you.

Yes, but if I choose between the seed of someone I have seen die and the seed of someone I have seen live - I am making an "Evolutionarily" relevant choice?

You say, "if I choose seed that is sustainably mutated, that is better than pure seed" - but how do you justify that?

If I say "the seed of one that died, still had a relationship to someone who came back from the dead" I can safely assume, that my seed will prosper, because of the one that came back from the dead?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but if I choose between the seed of someone I have seen die and the seed of someone I have seen live - I am making an "Evolutionarily" relevant choice?

You say, "if I choose seed that is sustainably mutated, that is better than pure seed" - but how do you justify that?

If I say "the seed of one that died, still had a relationship to someone who came back from the dead" I can safely assume, that my seed will prosper, because of the one that came back from the dead?
None of that has anything to do with biological evolution.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
None of that has anything to do with biological evolution.

Yes, but if I repeatedly choose a kind of seed, Evolution will describe why that kind of seed eventually gets strong?

It's not wrong to choose arelevant strength for your seed, if you can raise the majority of your seed on the difference what you have got, has made.

I mean you literally have to tell your kind "I'm not raising you, on the basis of any more than arelevant strength".

I don't know, maybe your kid would be really good at arelevancy or strength in general, but you should be warned that the more what you expect is the like of everyone else, the less nuanced anything they do will be.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I would make more sense, if the selection pressure given to accompany "Evolution" was consistent (with a particular nuance or choice of nuance)?

But that's the thing: the selection pressure of evolution isn't consistent, because the environment that animals live in is always in flux. Seasons change, climate changes, environments change.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

There is no backwards mutation. Please stop asking foolish questions like this.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

You can't bring back the dead.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but if I repeatedly choose a kind of seed, Evolution will describe why that kind of seed eventually gets strong?

It's not wrong to choose arelevant strength for your seed, if you can raise the majority of your seed on the difference what you have got, has made.

I mean you literally have to tell your kind "I'm not raising you, on the basis of any more than arelevant strength".

I don't know, maybe your kid would be really good at arelevancy or strength in general, but you should be warned that the more what you expect is the like of everyone else, the less nuanced anything they do will be.

If you repeatedly choose a kind of seed, you become a very focused farmer.

Upvote 0