Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????

how is furthering your career and education giving glory to God? I'm not asking facetiously but if advancing to what you consider the next step in life is getting in the way of God then it's a problem. You are struggling with your faith because you can't get a job that you want while working on an advance degree... sounds like a first world problem to me. Perhaps you should consider taking a break from asking God what you want and start asking him what he wants and see where that leads you. (here's a hint: he wants your entire heart, soul and mind not just a part)

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The_Gaurdian87 is John 3:16 true or not? WHY are you saved then? How do you know your saved? What YOU need to understand and KNOW is can GOD/Jesus or the sweet sweet Holy Spirit lie? Again is John 3:16 true? If true then WHY are some other things Jesus said NOT true? Did not HE say what ever you desire when you pray believe you receive them and you will have them. What ever you ask the Father in my name He will do it. The word says.. if we KNOW He hears us then we KNOW we have the petitions we asked for. It also says.. if we doubt let not that man think he will get ANYTHING from God.

Now.. what is GODS will? His WORD! Now.. if you have sin confess it.. repent and accept that fact HE DID forgive you. You HAVE to KNOW He hears you. That HE does NOT play favorites. That what He does for ONE HE will do for all. That EVERYTHING He did.. He did for YOU as if YOU were the only one that would believe.

I can't tell you what GOD will not do or can't other than if WE doubt we will NOT GET ANYTHING from Him for this is written.. I can only tell you what I KNOW not guess not heard some other man/preacher say. All I speak is what HE show'd shows tells me.

So KNOW He is happy with you :) KNOW to be so happy and thankful and rejoice for the jobs you have now and treat as if its the best ever! BE THANKFUL! So...ask Him to open the doors the windows.. a crack what ever you want. And then KNOW HE HEARD YOU! This is NOT about how you FEEL what it LOOKS LIKE SOUNDS LIKE. We ask yet we never take all the time it takes to LISTEN. And remember.. HE can not go against MANS WILL! So when working with MAN it can take TIME. Some listen some do not to that sweet sweet small voice

So.. DONT DOUBT! He is OPENING THAT DOOR! Did not Jesus say.. what ever you ask the Father in my name He will do it? PERIOD! So many wait to the last min to believe... they never work their faith. They have no clue what GODS will is.. its HIS WORD. And HELLO GOD CANT LIE! So if JESUS said ASK and what ever you ask... who are we to say HE WONT DO IT? Thats a LIE. HE cant LIE! if HE SAID IT HE will do it. You dont look at what has happen to OTHERS. You always keep your eyes on Him and no matter how beautiful or pitch dark it gets.. YOU DONT MOVE! For YOUR FATHER WILL NEVER leave you.. What HE started in you HE WILL FINISH!

You have not because you ask not or you asked wrong. He suppy's ALL not some ALL our needs. And FAITH is the ONLY way to move Him. I DO NOT follow some group. Nor would I write ANYTHING that I didnt KNOW for FACT.

Me? I would repent for doubting. And pray about each job I wanted and make sure I get a PEACE about it. I would ALWAYS be praying before all this for Him to open the doors and that I find favor. And then KNOW YOUR FATHER CANT LIE! So... if GOD is your FATHER and HE heard you.. hmm HOLD ON BROTHER that job IS COMING

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????

Listen God aint no genie, He don't grant you 3 wishes. You in His world. So learn first what you're actually promised and not promised, and what you suppose to be doing in order for Him to fulfil it, so that you don't get puff up and throw tantrums whenever things don't go your way.

God had to fix Israel up and knock some sense into them because they were getting out of hand while still expecting blessings. What I learned from a sermon on Sunday by my pastor, was that God's promises are conditional. His love is a covenant. Its take a little more than a "pretty please", it requires faith, understanding of the Word, and obedience.

If
my people
, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves (did you humble yourself?), pray and seek my face (have you been seeking His face?) and turn from their wicked ways (did you actually turn from your wicked ways?), then I will hear from heaven, and will heal their land.- 2 Chronicles 7:14

See the "if...then" clause there? If you do your part, God will do His. You can't be going to God with any old heart, but a heart that is after His will, not yours. If you going to Him, better come correct.

2 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.-Matthew 6:32-34

See the order? It's not God give you, and then you seek Him. You seek after Him and the things of God first, and then He will give you what you actually NEED.

Its easier to encourage you to keep pushing, that oh don't worry God will give it to you and you will be bless by whatever you want. But imma keep it real. I don't know that. I can't promise you that God will give you your dream job. What if its not in His will to give you it, would He be less of a God? And what if He does, will you use it to bring others to Christ? Would it make you any closer to Him?

So before you get pouty with the God who has bless you with your education, health, and privelage of life in the first place, maybe take a step back and re-evaluate how you are approaching your relationship with Him. It was a wake up call and tough love I needed to have while I went through 1.5 years of unemployment. It humbled me, and it gave me time to focus on the Word more and commune with Him. It made me more reliant on Him and what He wanted from me, and less of me me me ,and my dreams, and what I want, and being a slave to the things of this world. Who knows how my heart would have been if I got the job earlier than I got now. So use the opportunity now while you're preparing yourself for your job, to spend more time with Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,740.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now.

Hello. I have experienced much the same as yourself, in fact almost exactly the same as yourself. Someone gave me the scripture, don't fully understand it but here it is:

Proverbs 20:24
A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?

And also Jeremiah 29:11, a well known one you may also know.

I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

About a year ago I was at lowest ebb with what you're experiencing too. Strangely enough out of the blue my church sent me a letter which opened up a while different world.

Perhaps the Lord's plan for you is a little different from what you can see at the moment?

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would often pray for my own business, but every time it failed. Yet I would pray for others and God would move in extraordinary ways. But there was one thing this did for me, it showed me the reality of how hard it is to work. It caused me to increase in my field, as I had to keep pushing the boundaries of my knowledge, and skills. If God had just given me an easy break I could not have learned the reality of how hard my industry is to break into.

In your situation I am sure that God has a reason for not yet answering your prayers. Maybe he is up-skilling you, maybe he is teaching patience. But don't give up on praying, God will bring you out into a broard place as you trust Him.

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟103,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God is not punishing you for your sins (1 John 4:18). He punished Jesus. The verdict for our sins was guilty. The penalty was death. Jesus died for those sins. There is none left for you to be punished for (2 Corinthians 5:19). As for your questions about your problems, I am sorry that you are struggling. Do you ever find yourself asking, "Do I have the wrong god?" I only say that because I don't see in scripture where God has promised any of us "dream" jobs, "open doors" and a "WIN" in life. I do see where He has given us the victory in Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57). Yes, He does say to present our requests to Him (Philippians 4:6), but, again, He doesn't promise to grant those requests. Personally, I have come to realize that God can't or won't reveal certain things to us because we haven't yet grasped those things He has already revealed to us. You can't do geometry unless you know addition and subtraction first, for example. My advice to you is to ask God questions like, "What am I missing in all of this, Lord?" "What do You see in my situation?" Remember, if you are anxious about things and not content when He says you should be experiencing the opposite, the problem may lie with what you believe, not with what God is withholding from you or punishing you for. Besides, if God has blessed you "with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3)" and has given you "all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3)," what else do you need? Grace and Peace my friend.

Upvote 0

Sunshine21

Jan 26, 2018
United States
✟21,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's just say I have been stuck in my life because of health issue for a long period of time. At times, I may have been stubborn. A wiser person told me to approach God and ask him for his perspectives on every single issue in my life. It may be he is going to bless this field your in but wants you to get something from it while waiting. It could be something entirely else but asking God's perspective and being open-minded might help. Nothing more annoying than being in God's waiting room. God's ways are definitely not ours. I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Register with two or three temp agencies, and let them send you to a full time job.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them.

I honestly thought I wrote this message myself at some point, and got a little worried. Man, almost every single detail is the same.

I am honestly at a loss for words.

I have been exactly where you are; if you love your Father, you will get your "win." You will get your win in the way you expect, and even more. You are at a critical point: if you know math that means you have either hit a maximum or a minimum. By context, it sounds like you have hit a local minimum (in your opinion). That means you go up.

I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

This is how I started to win, brother. I just relented and stopped expecting my prayers to be answered.

He isn't punishing you for sins if you are being transparent about them. He is refining you. I quickly realized that what I thought were blessings from God was actually discipline, and what I thought was discipline was a blessing. It wasn't easy at all. Not at all. I was pushed to the limit.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's awful economy in the USA and it's only going to get worse. There are deep-rooted fundamental and systemic problems with the US economy that can't be solved without a complete overhaul of how it works. No amount of prayer is going to get people stand firmer economically in such environment. It's like living in a desert and to be constantly praying for a monsoon. Ain't gonna happen. The only real solution is to somehow get out of this damned and doomed system (not feasible for most people) or to break the system into pieces (people don't want to do it).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's awful economy in the USA and it's only going to get worse. There are deep-rooted fundamental and systemic problems with the US economy that can't be solved without a complete overhaul of how it works. No amount of prayer is going to get people stand firmer economically in such environment. It's like living in a desert and to be constantly praying for a monsoon. Ain't gonna happen. The only real solution is to somehow get out of this damned and doomed system (not feasible for most people) or to break the system into pieces (people don't want to do it).
There is much diversity in the US job market. Better paying full time jobs usually require higher education. Or on the job experience starting out on the lower rungs . If you have both the education and on the job experience your chances are even better.

The issue with the US is everyone thinks if they attend 2-4 years of college they are entitled to a good paying job right away. Many younger adults wait for the job they think they deserve. In some ways I can't blame them as they have invested 10s of thousands of dollars or even more into their education. However, the world let alone the US does not work the way we think it should.

How is it different in Canada?

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is much diversity in the US job market. Better paying full time jobs usually require higher education. Or on the job experience starting out on the lower rungs . If you have both the education and on the job experience your chances are even better.

The issue with the US is everyone thinks if they attend 2-4 years of college they are entitled to a good paying job right away. Many younger adults wait for the job they think they deserve. In some ways I can't blame them as they have invested 10s of thousands of dollars or even more into their education. However, the world let alone the US does not work the way we think it should.

How is it different in Canada?

Same thing in Canada, even worse. The Canadian economy is fully dependant on oil and gas exports, and the prices have been low. But even at the time of high oil price, the economy is based on same foundation as in the US. So the fate is similar. Value created at the cost of debt. It's a Ponzy scheme. Not going to exist forever. Big crash a-coming

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same thing in Canada, even worse. The Canadian economy is fully dependant on oil and gas exports, and the prices have been low. But even at the time of high oil price, the economy is based on same foundation as in the US. So the fate is similar. Value created at the cost of debt. It's a Ponzy scheme. Not going to exist forever. Big crash a-coming
There is always Pennsylvania Dutch country and the Amish. Good living there. :)

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is always Pennsylvania Dutch country and the Amish. Good living there. :)

Meh.. :) They're dying off and getting ever more entangled in the devil's system. They were never completely free from it to begin with.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meh.. :) They're dying off and getting ever more entangled in the devil's system. They were never completely free from it to begin with.
Mankind's economy is surely at odds with God's. I mention this sometimes during abortion debates. In mankind's economy children are considered economic impediments. In God's economy the more children you have the more the blessings. This was based on an economy which relied on people working the land, which is hard work and hard living. The more kids you had the increased chances of survival. Meaning more hands to work the land and work the herds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I prayed for years for God to establish me in a good paying full-time position, but He didn't answer my prayers the way I wanted Him to. I'm so glad He didn't because He ended up giving me a business opportunity that meets my family's needs. So two things here..

1. God sometimes doesn't answer our prayers the way that we pray them; instead He gives us something better that we didn't even dream of.

2. To see Gods plans established in our life we often must wait on the Lord

God has heard your prayers, brother; of that I am certain. He isn't going by your time schedule but He is going by the counsel of His own will for the good plan He has for you. You have your ideas of what is best for you, but He has bigger plans.

Between the time that Samuel annointed King David and the day he became king of Judah, around 15 years had passed. Many of those were hard years filled with testing and betrayal. But David knew that God had spoken and this is the key. We have to stand upon the promises of God to find the strength to wait on the Lord. Remember Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Do you believe that? If you do then you have the foundation to wait on the Lord and know He has heard you and has something good planned for you. If you don't, repent of your unbelief and ask God to give you the faith to believe. God used that scripture in my life at a time when everything seemed to be going wrong. He kept bringing it up and I have to confess I had a hard time believing it too. It seemed like nothing would ever change but then God moved one day and totally changed the whole situation, and in a way I never expected! God is good my friend.

Don't give up praying for yourself, but leave this particular request on the alter. Believe that God has heard your prayer and will answer in His time. In the meantime, check your surroundings and see what God would have you to do today, in the workplaces He has you in. Serve Him where you are at faithfully and believe that the answer is coming.

God loves you, enough to send His Son for you. Look at this scripture:

Romans 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things

God isn't holding back on you; He gave us Jesus, and an inheritance that is so awesome we cannot comprehend how good it is. Refuse to believe the lies of the enemy which call Gods character into question. He has proven His love for us by sending His Son.

I'm praying that God will help you move past this and into a new level of faith. It's sometimes a lot easier to pray rightly for others than for ourselves, because we get tangled up in our emotions and fall into unbelief. I would focus more on praying for an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ that sustains you through every hard time. His love will carry you through. God bless!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You hit the nail on the head,
When you pray for others, it shows your not selfish and God loves that, On the contrary, praying for self is not a bad thing either but it might be a sign of your praying for what you want instead of what’s best for you.
Just because your not getting what you want shouldn’t see you losing faith.

Stay humble brother and stop worrying. Start trusting God

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Watch these two videos.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I hope this helps;
And may God bless you.

Upvote 0

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What makes this worse is that the job I applied for was for the University that I am currently attending for my masters. I just got my grades for my second semester (8 week courses) and I currently have a 3.5 GPA. Like I said, the job was a marketing/ customer service job that I was well qualified for, (I have over five years of experience in the marketing field). Second, this is a "Christian" university which again makes it even worse. I will get over this eventually I am still pretty mad the more I think about it.

Upvote 0