• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I can never get a Win in life and I am tired of praying and asking God

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by The_Gaurdian87, Mar 12, 2018.

1. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????

• Prayers Prayers x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+2,467
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I am pulling for you to find the right position. Have you ever considered the possibility that the other candidates for the jobs you have been applying for also have prayed to God to get that job? What is God to do in a situation like that? I would advise you to not ask for particular things and pray that God shows you where He wants you to be. Perhaps if you let him decide what is right He will be less likely to ignore your request?

3. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,202
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+474
    Non-Denom
    Married
    some degrees are useless without experience say you have a psychology degree and want jobs not in the psychology field your degree is not worth much. Some degrees require a little experience to get a job and many young people will intern that is work for little or free for a while in their field to get some experience. Seek a job coach and perhaps you are coming off the wrong way in interviews. There is a strategy for success.

God is more concerned about your character than your career success. That 1st that says seek ye 1st the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you... find it meditate on it and get priorities in that order and perhaps God will add you the job or change your direction altogether.

5. Tree of Life

Tree of Life O Lord, do not treat me as I have treated others! Supporter

+3,725
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    What do you define as a "win in life"?

What do you think that God defines as a "win in life"?

6. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    While true at some point it has to be MY time right? It seems that has never been the case and probably won't ever be the case. I have lost more in life than I have won. People that don't believe or care about God have gotten the jobs I prayed and dreamed about. That just doesn't make sense to me.

I do want to work in media (and have volunteered), but also have years of experience in marketing and this recent job was in marketing/ customer service that was right now my alley. Also would have assisted with tuition for grad school. But unfortunately, I got the short end of the stick for the 800th time.

7. grasping the after wind

+2,467
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Have you read much of Ecclesiastes? I recommend it. I deals with this sort of thing. It is not a problem unique to yourself.

8. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid Life is lived in the shape of a "?" Supporter

+4,252
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    ...Hi Gaurdian87. Well, brother, I hate to say this, but a lot of us don't have our dream job. I've prayed a lot about it too, but the reality is that where I live (which I don't disclose) is a bit 'down' on the totem-pole for opportunities to do what I'd like to do. I don't think that prayer is insignificant, myself. But, I do tend to think that the kinds of things that Jesus told His disciples to pray about are the basic things we should be praying about. "Success" isn't usually one of those, at least not in the way that the world defines it.

However, even in saying that, there is always the possibility that at some point God may open a door for you to step up to something closer to what you want to do. You might also consider checking with a recruiter and even relocating to another city or state where the work you'd like to do may actually exist and be available. Just a thought. But, keep praying about it. In the meantime, I'll just keeping doing rentals in the travel industry. :argh:

Peace,
    2PhiloVoid

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

10. grasping the after wind

+2,467
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I think a "win" is by being diligent in faithful and that faith paying off.

Eternal life is not enough of a payoff?

11. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I have read some but will check it out more.

12. Tree of Life

+3,725
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Do you expect your faithfulness in God to "payoff" in some material blessing that he bestows? Like a job, wife, career, money, etc?

If you were faithful to God your whole life and he never gave you these things, would he still be good and worthy of your devotion?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. vinsight4u

vinsight4u Contributor

+2,202
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    /nvm

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I know we are to have a good character, and I never been someone that mistreats people and I genuinely have been doing my best to follow Christ. However, it's disheartening to have your prayers unanswered over and over again when you try your hardest to achieve something.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. dreadnought

dreadnought Lip service isn't really service. Supporter

+3,383
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    I like Paul's advice: "Pray constantly." 1 Thess 5:17. The Lord doesn't jump when we snap our fingers, but he always comes through for us.

16. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    It is more than enough, but that is at an unknown time. It could be next week when I pass away or next year, or 20 years. I do love God and Jesus and I can never show enough gratitude for what he has done. But it's just hard to keep praying, holding on to faith when your best is never good enough and your prayers are ignored, while other people are moving forward.

He is worthy, but it would be disheartening that none of your hopes or dreams come to pass right?

Pretty much the same thing it is now. But hopefully something would have changed.

17. The_Gaurdian87

The_Gaurdian87 Member

+94
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I understand that God doesn't work on our time and he does love us. But somethings when we have hopes and desires and it's nearly in grasp it can be devastating. Say you were hungry and haven't eaten in months and there is a burger right in arms length and someone keeps taking in a way every time you get close. That's how I feel now.

18. dreadnought

dreadnought Lip service isn't really service. Supporter

+3,383
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    Hang in there.

19. Tree of Life

+3,725
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    That would depend on what you hope in and what you dream of. God delights to wean us off of our dependance on this world and cause us to hope in him and dream of his kingdom and glory.

If his righteousness and kingdom are your greatest hope and dream, then it won't matter so much whether or not he blesses you with a fun job. Perhaps he is seeking to do a work in your heart right now to purify your devotion to him.

20. Halbhh

Halbhh The wonder and awe of His Creation! Supporter

+3,077
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    One amazing prayer is the one Christ Himself gave us in Matthew chapter 6! We can have the belief-it-will-be-given He says to us to have when we pray, because the words are from Him! I find that when I pray this, bad situations suddenly get changed, I'm delivered, I'm helped, relationships are improved! (heh, I just used 3 exclamation marks in a row! But it's the Truth! and remember that sometimes the aid is not what we think, but something profoundly better in the long run)