Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just got official word that my husband will not even get a cost of living wage again this year...that is three years in a row now and I can't work because of health issues caused by poor Dr. care...how fun is this going to be?! And yet, I know without question that poverty is NOT bigger than God. Praise the Lord He is my provider not some employee.

I am praying for you during your time of struggle. That sounds like a tough situation, but I admire your dedication to God even though all of that.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for you during your time of struggle. That sounds like a tough situation, but I admire your dedication to God even though all of that.
aw thanks, I am praying for you as well. I only posted to try to encourage you that God isn't finished with either of us. WE may feel like it but He has so much more rewarding things for both of us if we just let go and let Him have it and do what He wants to do...I'm anxious to see what He has in store for you.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The hardest part for me today, after learning to trust God, is all the judgments that we get...you should do better at interviewing...you should have majored in something different...you should do your job better...etc. without any knowledge of what is really going on and what God is doing in our lives through this suffering.

God is faithful and diligent to be Lord of our lives and in that the spirit is much more important than the flesh. We forget that all too often. My prayer for you and I hope your prayer for us is that through this ordeal we would be faithful to God and to obeying Him no matter what He asks of us.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The hardest part for me today, after learning to trust God, is all the judgments that we get...you should do better at interviewing...you should have majored in something different...you should do your job better...etc. without any knowledge of what is really going on and what God is doing in our lives through this suffering.

God is faithful and diligent to be Lord of our lives and in that the spirit is much more important than the flesh. We forget that all too often. My prayer for you and I hope your prayer for us is that through this ordeal we would be faithful to God and to obeying Him no matter what He asks of us.

I agree.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even worse is the "church" that doesn't even pay what is owed to people who are struggling because they are too busy judging. I am a firm believer that such situations are not just a challenge for you and I suffering through the situation but it is also a challenge to the church to stop pretending to know what God is doing and start acting like the Church God wants them to be.

Upvote 0

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yea I feel some churches care more about collecting money and don't do much for the community or members of the church who are struggling. I am over the mega churches in particular. I use to attend one in my area but it just became to commercial with money being a big talking point and building more churches even though the 2,000 plus church we have doesn't get anywhere near capacity on any given Sunday.

I been struggling like I am now, and it's sometimes worrying when a pastor gets up on stage while he is preaching a sermon and brags about being able to afford a 600 dollar shirt or some vacation him and his wife went on. I still believe in the church, but I don't agree with the heavy giving. Tithes is fine and I understand that. But all the extra stuff like building more buildings we don't need is not. That money could be used to help the community.

But that's off topic.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yea I feel some churches care more about collecting money and don't do much for the community or members of the church who are struggling. I am over the mega churches in particular. I use to attend one in my area but it just became to commercial with money being a big talking point and building more churches even though the 2,000 plus church we have doesn't get anywhere near capacity on any given Sunday.

I been struggling like I am now, and it's sometimes worrying when a pastor gets up on stage while he is preaching a sermon and brags about being able to afford a 600 dollar shirt or some vacation him and his wife went on. I still believe in the church, but I don't agree with the heavy giving. Tithes is fine and I understand that. But all the extra stuff like building more buildings we don't need is not. That money could be used to help the community.

But that's off topic.
I didn't want to get off topic but I do believe that the church needs to help rather than judge. We left a mega church because it was all about money. The church we attend now is much better though they do have more than enough money they have not paid my husband when he fills in for the pastor even though they are suppose to. To add to that, they have been asked by the pastor to help us out of mission and witness funds and they said they would but didn't. It's a kind of judgment that few accept as judgment because they presume to know God's plan for our lives.

Think about Job...his friends all tried to tell him they knew why these things were happening to him. They were called miserable comforts because they didn't know God's plan and will for Job. Likewise the church offers "well meaning" advice but fails to humble herself enough to simply obey and comfort while God reveals His plan for us and in us.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even worse is the "church" that doesn't even pay what is owed to people who are struggling because they are too busy judging. I am a firm believer that such situations are not just a challenge for you and I suffering through the situation but it is also a challenge to the church to stop pretending to know what God is doing and start acting like the Church God wants them to be.

AMEN!

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the great advice. I still haven't recovered for this let down and is only made worse by the job I have know being filled with arrogant people who I dislike. I will get their eventually, but I am appreciate your kind words of wisdom.

We all get down from time to time. One of the great blessings we get as Christians is the support from each other - you don't get that anywhere else. Stick in there.

From experience - there's many places I wouldn't want to work. Having landed one or two of these jobs you start to get a little bit more choosy yourself. You choose them rather than they choose you. Why should I work for you - what have you got to offer me? I'm not being arrogant here - this is a result of a growing process having made many wrong turns.

Money & Career is important but don't Sell yourself getting it. The rats are winning the rat race for the time being. The true riches are the things God grows within us - the fruits.

The best teacher of all is the Lord himself. Ask him to teach you, Read the book, ask him questions, read the book, ask him to show you, read the book. Listen to what he says. That's no ordinary book - it has "magical" properties - if you believe it that is ;)

Do you best - I now hand you over to the TEACHER....

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He is worthy, but it would be disheartening that none of your hopes or dreams come to pass right?
Pretty much the same thing it is now. But hopefully something would have changed.
Hi Guardian, I think pretty much everyone comes up short in their dreams in life - which seem to change as we get older. So you have a lot of company. What I would do in your case is just keep trying, keep praying.

But here is the other thing that I think applies to you simply because of when you happen to be living at this particular time in history. And that is, if I were you, I would get into studying eschatology. My particular calling.

It is not going to make you feel any better about not getting that dream job. But what it is going to do is know that you don't have a long time horizon 10-15 years max of whatever it is that you go through, before Jesus takes Christians out of the world into eternity - in a completely different reality than you have now. That's going to be "the" big win for you.

Parable of the fig tree in Matthew 24:32-34. Jesus's return with the saints, 1967 Jerusalem back in the hands of the Jews + 70 years for a generation = 2037. Minus 7 years for the beginning of the last week of Daniel 9:27 = 2030. Before then Gog/Magog. And before then the EU transforming to a ten leader form of government with one leader over them.

So between now and then, Jesus's return, you want to be looking forward to Jesus taking you out of the world, translated into your eternal form - to return with him as one of the saints.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????
Im sorry you are going through that, but one thing I see as an issue is that you want God to bend to your will instead of you bending to His.

God is great and merciful.... However, we were created for the creator, not the creator for the creation. It CAN get very hard some times and that ISN'T to say that the Father doesn't ever give us what we want. God gives us what is good and in His time, not our own.

God wants out faith to be in Him, not in our ability to make a paycheck, jobs disappear all the time. Say you were to get a high paying job, only to hold on to your possessions and wealth above the Father. How loving would that be to give one of His children something that would destroy them?

My advice is to not place so much of your joy on where you work and place it more into the Father, trusting that He has you and will lead you where you need to be. If you trust God and worry more about your relationship to the Lord you can have more peace and joy with no wage than with one of these "Dream jobs".

Thats not to say that God wants us to be poor, nor to say God wants us rich. God has different purposes for us all. If we have money then He has blessed us in such a manner to be used to further His kingdom, not our own. If we are poor, our calling lies elsewhere. But IF your focus remains on Jesus and you are in the Father's will, there is more peace and joy there than any circumstance your mind can imagine.

We are in flesh, so its VERY easy for fleshly matters to distract us from what truly matters.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????
Don't take this the wrong way, but something just doesn't feel right about this situation.

I could market myself to employers only having a 2 year Associate's degree and come out of it with a full-time job. Even if what area my Associate Degree was in, if I couldn't do that, I could market myself in a totally different area because of all the Liberal Arts and Sciences courses that it takes to get a degree.

I cannot understand, why with a Bachelor's degree you cannot market yourself and get a full-time job.

The other question is how do you distribute your time?

You said you work 2 part-time jobs, are in school towards your Master's degree. How are you dividing your time say the number of hours per week on each job and then in school and doing homework?

I wonder if you are not just settling for whatever job came along that you felt you could get, because if you truly have confidence and know you can offer something to an employer, it seems off somehow to me.

Can you explain more and answer the questions I raised? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you were faithful to God your whole life and he never gave you these things, would he still be good and worthy of your devotion?

Job had it all -- lost it all -- and had it all again -- and never gave up on God.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't take this the wrong way, but something just doesn't feel right about this situation.

I could market myself to employers only having a 2 year Associate's degree and come out of it with a full-time job. Even if what area my Associate Degree was in, if I couldn't do that, I could market myself in a totally different area because of all the Liberal Arts and Sciences courses that it takes to get a degree.

I cannot understand, why with a Bachelor's degree you cannot market yourself and get a full-time job.

The other question is how do you distribute your time?

You said you work 2 part-time jobs, are in school towards your Master's degree. How are you dividing your time say the number of hours per week on each job and then in school and doing homework?

I wonder if you are not just settling for whatever job came along that you felt you could get, because if you truly have confidence and know you can offer something to an employer, it seems off somehow to me.

Can you explain more and answer the questions I raised? Thanks.

To answer your question, I am going to have to be brutally honest. Before what I am about to say, know that I am not trying to offend anyone or be racist. I am cool with everyone as long as you show me respect, but the following is my personal perspective on things.

I been outta college with my bachelors in mass communications since December 2010. I have loads of interviews since then some for big name organizations namely NBC and even the NFL. Despite interviewing well for a lot of them, (some of the interviewers game me feed back weeks after rejecting me telling me as much), I was never offered a position. Honestly, I think big reason for that is because of my race. The saying is true, that people of color/ black people have to work triple times as hard as their white counterparts to reach the same level of success. I can't tell you how many times I got passed up for a job I KNEW I was qualified for only for the male interviewer (who was almost always white) pass on me in favor of a white person.

Here are TWO examples. Back in 2014 was interviewed for a position with a local news channel and did well during the interview. So well in fact, during the course of the interview the allowed me to run the telepromoter ( the thing the news anchors read from) during the morning news. However, there was girl who was white around my age at the time (early 20's) who was fresh outta college and didn't have much experience. She couldn't answer a simple question about production during the interview. Despite all that guess which one of us got the job?

In 2015, I was working on call as a camera operator for a local "Christian" broadcast company. This one produces a well known show so I am not gonna go into too much detail. But short story, worked there on call for almost two years, they hired a young girl (also white) a year after me. A full time position came up, and they gave it to her. No consideration for me at all despite me being there longer and having the same skill set.

Oh here is another one from someone I know. An friend of a friend is now director of marketing for a high profile company with literally no experience. She was a waitress and babysitter. Literally no experience in marketing and no college education. Surprise she is also white and the hiring managers were there too. Crazy right?

As for the other questions, I do homework for school during my downtime at one of the part time jobs. The other time is spend looking for other jobs.

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To answer your question, I am going to have to be brutally honest. Before what I am about to say, know that I am not trying to offend anyone or be racist. I am cool with everyone as long as you show me respect, but the following is my personal perspective on things.

I been outta college with my bachelors in mass communications since December 2010. I have loads of interviews since then some for big name organizations namely NBC and even the NFL. Despite interviewing well for a lot of them, (some of the interviewers game me feed back weeks after rejecting me telling me as much), I was never offered a position. Honestly, I think big reason for that is because of my race. The saying is true, that people of color/ black people have to work triple times as hard as their white counterparts to reach the same level of success. I can't tell you how many times I got passed up for a job I KNEW I was qualified for only for the male interviewer (who was almost always white) pass on me in favor of a white person.

Here are TWO examples. Back in 2014 was interviewed for a position with a local news channel and did well during the interview. So well in fact, during the course of the interview the allowed me to run the telepromoter ( the thing the news anchors read from) during the morning news. However, there was girl who was white around my age at the time (early 20's) who was fresh outta college and didn't have much experience. She couldn't answer a simple question about production during the interview. Despite all that guess which one of us got the job?

In 2015, I was working on call as a camera operator for a local "Christian" broadcast company. This one produces a well known show so I am not gonna go into too much detail. But short story, worked there on call for almost two years, they hired a young girl (also white) a year after me. A full time position came up, and they gave it to her. No consideration for me at all despite me being there longer and having the same skill set.

Oh here is another one from someone I know. An friend of a friend is now director of marketing for a high profile company with literally no experience. She was a waitress and babysitter. Literally no experience in marketing and no college education. Surprise she is also white and the hiring managers were there too. Crazy right?

As for the other questions, I do homework for school during my downtime at one of the part time jobs. The other time is spend looking for other jobs.
I would caution you about the race issue...my husband and I (both white) have been refused jobs in favor of the "black" person and that was blatantly stated right out. I'm not saying yours isn't a race issue, I don't know but I will say every race can make the same claim especially when you are told the reason you didn't get the job was because you were white and they needed someone black to fill the quotas.

Upvote 0

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would caution you about the race issue...my husband and I (both white) have been refused jobs in favor of the "black" person and that was blatantly stated right out. I'm not saying yours isn't a race issue, I don't know but I will say every race can make the same claim especially when you are told the reason you didn't get the job was because you were white and they needed someone black to fill the quotas.

I am sure it happens to white people as well with AA quotas an such. I despise racism on any level but I was just sharing some of my experiences. While I was livid at the time of those incidents, I have calmed down, though I do still find them to be disgusting.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sure it happens to white people as well with AA quotas an such. I despise racism on any level but I was just sharing some of my experiences. While I was livid at the time of those incidents, I have calmed down, though I do still find them to be disgusting.
amen...and honestly God can and does even use racism to accomplish what He wants to accomplish in us and through us...

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know we are to have a good character, and I never been someone that mistreats people and I genuinely have been doing my best to follow Christ. However, it's disheartening to have your prayers unanswered over and over again when you try your hardest to achieve something.
Well first use the good sense God gave you to try and figure out why you are not achieve the something you want to achieve. In the case of your job maybe you need to update your resume with new aquired skills that the other job required you to have. Also once you realize the problem you can find a solution and pray that God helps you do your best to keep the job you do end up having.

Upvote 0