Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What makes this worse is that the job I applied for was for the University that I am currently attending for my masters. I just got my grades for my second semester (8 week courses) and I currently have a 3.5 GPA. Like I said, the job was a marketing/ customer service job that I was well qualified for, (I have over five years of experience in the marketing field). Second, this is a "Christian" university which again makes it even worse. I will get over this eventually I am still pretty mad the more I think about it.
my husband and I both went to an education college...couldn't get a job at the college or in the local areas because of the "commitment" of the area to Not hire from the college. Looked all over the country and neither of us is teaching to this day. I had one principle that I interviewed with tell me that "I was the most qualified for the job but would never get it because mothers who want to go back to work go into education because the hours are good. They think they can teach but they can't but they know the right people to get the job."

Had one principle tell us that jobs will sit vacant for years waiting for someone's son or daughter or niece or nephew or spouse to graduate so they can hire that person. Even talked to a well qualified teacher who applied many times over for a job was denied only to a couple of years later watch a relative take the job.

I recently talked with a woman who was lucky enough to land a teaching job. They told her at the time that it was all about nepotism.

The job my husband currently has is retail (he has a BS, Mof Div, another Masters degree) the retail company wants people to advance but every time he applies for a job he either doesn't get an interview or is told no. (always loses it to the "favored" person) The last time he interviewed they told him he interviews great but they would talk to him about how to improve on even that...what they offered that he could improve on was nothing.

We looked too long and too hard and are now too old to hope for something that fits our desires and needs but you know what? God is still good and I wouldn't trade what He has given for anything this world has to offer.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What makes this worse is that the job I applied for was for the University that I am currently attending for my masters. I just got my grades for my second semester (8 week courses) and I currently have a 3.5 GPA. Like I said, the job was a marketing/ customer service job that I was well qualified for, (I have over five years of experience in the marketing field). Second, this is a "Christian" university which again makes it even worse. I will get over this eventually I am still pretty mad the more I think about it.

The coincidences of unfortunate circumstances Is a refinement test by God - not for Him, but for you to see the strength of your resolve and faith. Often in trials we fail to observe our majesty in fighting that spiritual battle, because we are the inside.

I think this is specifically to uncover your faith and reveal it to you - for the purposes of adding to, or repairing it. If you realize you are angry/perturbed, but that "you so eventually get over it" (this, too shall pass) is a sign of spiritual substance already.

Our relationship with our Father should be organic - that means He will likely do things 1) you dont understand at this time, and 2) frustrate the heck out of you - as we ad the other good things. I think He allows us to go through these alleged trials so that we will come to Him like a child goes to his/her parent in respectful protest/approach.

I NEVER talked to my Father so much - in anger, sorrow or happiness and appreciation - until I was without the once thought secure net of this material world (jobs, money, home, etc.) In a way, I feel bad it took that to get me there, but it also made me realize my entire life as a Christian was based on idolatry, chanting and essentially magic (make a wish to God, what I want... get mad and then fortify the spell/prayer with more "words" and "emotion".)

That is why I said what I thought was discipline was actually a blessing - He was bringing me out of a false worship. Whatever it may be with you, know that He loves you because He actually cares enough to keep you out of the deception of life, and deliver you into a closer meditation into Him.

I hope you find what you are looking for, brother. Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Did you watch the videos?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
my husband and I both went to an education college...couldn't get a job at the college or in the local areas because of the "commitment" of the area to Not hire from the college. Looked all over the country and neither of us is teaching to this day. I had one principle that I interviewed with tell me that "I was the most qualified for the job but would never get it because mothers who want to go back to work go into education because the hours are good. They think they can teach but they can't but they know the right people to get the job."

Had one principle tell us that jobs will sit vacant for years waiting for someone's son or daughter or niece or nephew or spouse to graduate so they can hire that person. Even talked to a well qualified teacher who applied many times over for a job was denied only to a couple of years later watch a relative take the job.

I recently talked with a woman who was lucky enough to land a teaching job. They told her at the time that it was all about nepotism.

The job my husband currently has is retail (he has a BS, Mof Div, another Masters degree) the retail company wants people to advance but every time he applies for a job he either doesn't get an interview or is told no. (always loses it to the "favored" person) The last time he interviewed they told him he interviews great but they would talk to him about how to improve on even that...what they offered that he could improve on was nothing.

We looked too long and too hard and are now too old to hope for something that fits our desires and needs but you know what? God is still good and I wouldn't trade what He has given for anything this world has to offer.
Oh, hiring looks one way on paper; the reality is another, I know!

But the Lord opens and closes doors. "These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth". (Revelation 3.7)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, hiring looks one way on paper; the reality is another, I know!

But the Lord opens and closes doors. "These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth". (Revelation 3.7)
exactly, it is still in God's hands and His hands are without question the most Loving one can know.

BTW, my father said where he worked they would promote the guy that was least capable so that the job was still getting done...how is that for "justice" in promoting.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????

6 "But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."
(1 Timothy 6:6-12).

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal" (Matthew 6:20).

31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek; ) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:31-33).

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find this is a common path for christians to take. They often get mad at God because they see Him as more of a genie that you pray to and get your wish come true. But thats not what He is. His answers aren't always yes. Sometimes they are no and sometimes a wait/not yet.

I don't know you of course but maybe He has better plans for you and your current path isn't the path He would like you on. Maybe Hes waiting for some sort of change in your life. For example maybe you have made something an idol above God, like focusing all your time on finding a certain job. In my case I made finding love my idol. I also made gaming my idol.

Again I do not know you do don't take anything personally. Just throwing some things out there to try and help. I feel your pain about a full time job. My wifes been working part time got years and just can't seem to land a full time job. I think part of it is there are less and less jobs. More are getting replaced by machines or become "technical" in nature which means many don't qualify for them. And depending on where you live can also make job finding harder. And in many cases I notice degrees almost seem to be a burden since there are alot of people with the same degree, but not enough jobs hiring that sort of person with that degree.

Whatever the case stay strong. Continue to pray! Realize God isn't punishing you or ignoring you. He loves you! If I recall Sarah in the bible wanted a baby, but it felt like it would never happen. In old age she finally had one. I mean obviously you want a full time job before your elderly of course. But hang in there. The reward of what God has planned will make you look back on all this and say "Wow, our God is an awesome God!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????

Is there a lot of that in your life right now?

In general, I try to make sure I'm at least making a genuine effort to please him/be obedient to his requirements, as that's what pleases him. Doing right by God, as I see it, and for the most part anyway is a necessity to him doing right by us.

And I'm talking active/persistent sin, not past, forgiven and repented of sin.

And that's not to say I don't understand your feelings, this can look exactly like God doesn't care, and it can be very daunting. All you can do is hold up your end, pray, and if it hasn't been mentioned, expect your prayer to be answered....something that is scriptural, but I had a very tough time with personally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for the encouragement. While I am still kinda mad, I starting to see some things for a different perspective.

You are most welcome. Sometimes what we think is best for us, it is not always the best thing. God knows what is best for us. He wants us to chase after His good ways and in living righteously. Once we make following Him our life's focus, our physical basic needs will be met. The spiritual comes first, and then the physical can potentially maybe come later. We do not seek to follow God for material things (Although God can and will someday indeed reward us). However, we follow Him because He is loving, good, and we want to do loving, and good things unto others and live a transformed life seeking to glorify God in our worship and walk with Him.

Focus more on dedicating your life to following Jesus, and you will see things in a different way. The true treasures in this life are the fruits of the Spirit and not physical things. Study the Bible more and pray more so as to live more holy. Make a dedication in following God as a part of your whole life.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

Create your own dream job/business...use what you call "dead-end" jobs to finance your dream... opening up your own business.

Seriously now...The only jobs that be dead-end are the ones that don't pay you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The_Guardian87 - God Bless.

I do feel your disappointment and understand fully how that sort of thing gets you down. I can also see how that may affect your faith. Especially when it's a Christian University too.

We all go through problems in life and that in itself is a learning process. We discover things about ourselves, other people and God. You appear to be a "young" christian both in age and in spiritual life.

You are still drinking Spiritual Milk. Life is a growing Process and you get growing pains.

At your age and as a young Christian I had similar thoughts. "Surely they will recognize me as one of the Brethren" Nope - didn't get looked at. Surely God will get me a dream job and make everything easy for me. That's what he promised right? A good home,? A good wife - everything ! Time has passed - faith has been tested - life skills learned - failures, failures, success, failures, failures, success.

One of the lessons learned is value. When you have made it - you'll appreciate it. Work hard - success comes after many failures. As you get older and grow in your faith you'll eventually understand the comments other posters have made about seeking God and putting his Kingdom first and the characteristics you develop over time.

The world doesn't judge us like God sees us. The world doesn't value us like God value's us.
God calls us his children - we have an inheritance in heaven. Keep that thought in perspective as you make your Journey in life, whatever the outcome in your personal life and career.

Believe in yourself - if you don't believe in yourself - who else will believe in you. You can become your worst self critic and sabotage your life with your own thoughts.

LUKE 2-52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man

In this verse is some wisdom. It's not always the most brilliant, best educated, best skilled person who gets the job. It's the person who wins the favor. You've got an hour or so to shine in those interviews. Learn what makes people buy into you.

There's more than one way to skin a cat :)
Develop good judgment - work out your alternatives.

Your growing pains as a christian will a shape your character - The Apostle Paul expresses those characteristics perfectly in his letters. They are only of value if you have been through the process. The finished work is a Diamond, a precious Jewel

Salvation is free do we value it? Do we fully understand what we have received?

Faith is being faithful in the tough times.

Faith believes God - and the Lord says the heavenly father knows what you need before you even ask him. Do you believe this?

Ask god for what you want - then ask god for what he says you need - then ask god what he wants doing. What you ask for in prayer says much about how you have grown over the years.

There's nothing wrong with looking for a good career. Do your best and don't give up. God never promised us an easy time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just got official word that my husband will not even get a cost of living wage again this year...that is three years in a row now and I can't work because of health issues caused by poor Dr. care...how fun is this going to be?! And yet, I know without question that poverty is NOT bigger than God. Praise the Lord He is my provider not some employee.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I felt the same way some time ago. I would just ignore it and move on with life. It won't serve you to be upset over it. God helps us in the way he chooses even if it offends us. You say you have degrees from college, and perhaps that's the blessing you've been given.

I want to be healed cause I have a couple physical problems. I know I have the faith to be healed but God won't allow me a descent life. Upset I find didn't serve me. So I feel better just doing what I can and moving on with life on life's terms.

Upvote 0

The_Gaurdian87

Jun 9, 2015
Virginia
✟24,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The_Guardian87 - God Bless.

I do feel your disappointment and understand fully how that sort of thing gets you down. I can also see how that may affect your faith. Especially when it's a Christian University too.

We all go through problems in life and that in itself is a learning process. We discover things about ourselves, other people and God. You appear to be a "young" christian both in age and in spiritual life.

You are still drinking Spiritual Milk. Life is a growing Process and you get growing pains.

At your age and as a young Christian I had similar thoughts. "Surely they will recognize me as one of the Brethren" Nope - didn't get looked at. Surely God will get me a dream job and make everything easy for me. That's what he promised right? A good home,? A good wife - everything ! Time has passed - faith has been tested - life skills learned - failures, failures, success, failures, failures, success.

One of the lessons learned is value. When you have made it - you'll appreciate it. Work hard - success comes after many failures. As you get older and grow in your faith you'll eventually understand the comments other posters have made about seeking God and putting his Kingdom first and the characteristics you develop over time.

The world doesn't judge us like God sees us. The world doesn't value us like God value's us.
God calls us his children - we have an inheritance in heaven. Keep that thought in perspective as you make your Journey in life, whatever the outcome in your personal life and career.

Believe in yourself - if you don't believe in yourself - who else will believe in you. You can become your worst self critic and sabotage your life with your own thoughts.

LUKE 2-52
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man

In this verse is some wisdom. It's not always the most brilliant, best educated, best skilled person who gets the job. It's the person who wins the favor. You've got an hour or so to shine in those interviews. Learn what makes people buy into you.

There's more than one way to skin a cat :)
Develop good judgment - work out your alternatives.

Your growing pains as a christian will a shape your character - The Apostle Paul expresses those characteristics perfectly in his letters. They are only of value if you have been through the process. The finished work is a Diamond, a precious Jewel

Salvation is free do we value it? Do we fully understand what we have received?

Faith is being faithful in the tough times.

Faith believes God - and the Lord says the heavenly father knows what you need before you even ask him. Do you believe this?

Ask god for what you want - then ask god for what he says you need - then ask god what he wants doing. What you ask for in prayer says much about how you have grown over the years.

There's nothing wrong with looking for a good career. Do your best and don't give up. God never promised us an easy time.

Thanks for the great advice. I still haven't recovered for this let down and is only made worse by the job I have know being filled with arrogant people who I dislike. I will get their eventually, but I am appreciate your kind words of wisdom.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0