enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have read some but will check it out more.
Ecclesiastes is my favorite OT book. There is much wisdom there. Also, count your past and current blessings.Respectfully brother, what I see in your posts is you are extremely blessed. And like Adam and Eve you are more focused on what you don't have and missing the blessings that you do have. There are many that would love to be in your shoes.

Reactions: dougangel
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus said that He is sufficient for our needs. I personally have found that through Him I have always managed to make ends meet and feed myself and family. He never said He was Santa Claus like some of these prosperity gospel teachers preach.. But He giveth and He taketh away.

On another note , I know someone who waited on the Lord while living with us because she had no where to go and one day after months of no hires the perfect job for her needs fell into her lap. On the heals of that , a place to live. She literally had no place to go but here. It's not that she gets rich off the job but that it is more than sufficient for her needs, in terms of hours, placement and enough to live on. She is one who had lost everything and trusted God to fill her needs.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????
WE have so felt the same way around here...to maximize those feelings we have had close friends pray that someone else would get a great job that we desperately needed. Ouch

I do want to encourage you with two things however.
1. God is really trying to teach me absolute trust in Him. No matter if we are homeless, have no idea where the next meal is coming from, need healing really bad, or just are too tired to try anymore, God is gracious and loving and has provided all I need, is done...I may not understand it, or think that I need something I don't, but what is need He has already done and I need to learn to rest in simple trust of that as a young child trusts their parents to provide for them.

2. another story....some 25 years or so in coming. We were in a desperate situation in which we needed to move. Someone else posted about needing to move and since I understood the desperate nature I took a serious interest in praying for them. As I prayed, God asked me, "what would you give that they could move." I argued with God, "we can both move, you are big enough for that." God replied, "I didn't ask you how big I am I asked what you would be willing to give"..after much inward turmoil I gave in, "I would be willing to stay here if you would move them." Within the week they moved and we suffered for a few more years. Today we have a miracle but it took years and years and years and lessons of humility the likes of which don't seem to make sense.

I guess my point is this, you are being given a beautiful opportunity to learn and grow in both faith/trust and humility. Make good use of the opportunity as you ask God why He isn't giving you the job that you "need"....you might be surprised at the answer.

In the meantime...may our God give you grace, wisdom, peace as you wait for Him to open the doors that He has in His wisdom designed specifically for you.

Please keep us posted, I have a feeling that God has something amazing waiting for you.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I been looking for a full time job for over seven years now. While I am employed working two part time jobs, both are dead end and neither pay enough for me to live on my own ( I am 30 with a bachelors degree and working on a masters degree). Every time I get interviewed for a DREAM job I pray and ask God to open doors. EVERY TIME I end up disappointed because I never get them. I am just tired of asking and praying for a WIN in life and at this point, I think I am just going to stop. I am no longer going to ask God for anything for myself anymore because it just ends up being ignored anyway. I will just pray for others as it seems God actually answers prayers for others, just not me.

I don't know if God is punishing me for some sins in my life or what, but this is just very frustrating is causing me to lose faith. What should I do??????

He knows what you NEED...

Upvote 0

A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I generally ask God for his will in my life. The flip-side of that is of course listening to and obeying God. So when you are desperate for a, say, media job, and he says, go and work in this voluntary role, you have to obey.
When I was very green behind the ears, I had a lot of high hopes. But as they say, life is something that happens while we make our own plans. I will pray for you. Trust God, he knows best.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

An encouragement and some practical advice.....

First, some encouragement. The economy is really starting to tick up where I am, to the point where people are advertising for desperate help on community Facebook pages and the like. Please, don't be too hard on yourself for the past few years. It was just rather a clunky time for anyone to get a job, but things are looking up!

Second, I do not know anything about you personally. But some people struggle to interview well even though they end up being excellent employees. Could this possibly be the case? If so, is there anyone in the industry you could reach out to in order to hone your interview skills? It's really a particular skill apart from your ability to do the job--and sometimes this is just not a fair assessment of how you WILL do the job. But it can be improved!

I have prayed for you and will keep praying. God is good!

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A remedy that helps me is to consider the sufferings of other Christians throughout the history of Christianity, and going back further the sufferings of the people of God in Scripture. Those without Christ also suffer, evidenced even in watching many reality TV series, from broken relationships, to imprisonments to other forms of misery. So much in life is as Christ taught, the rain falls on the righteous and the unrighteous. From one person to another, I feel you, I really do, I deal with the same struggle (though different situation) almost every day. One other thing to consider is the difficulty in knowing the will of God as it applies to the details of life, we can try to figure out whether God wants us here or there but ultimately we are left with putting a foot forward and testing the waters. God alone is omniscient, and all we can do is depend on Him, trust He has the answers, lean on the everlasting arms of God.

Reactions: cfdude
Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟144,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Not sure what you mean by "dream job". I assume you mean high pay or position. I am in the IT field and work on servers, network gear, laptops, desktops, and pretty much anything having to do with computers and technology. When I started I was doing help desk type work answering phones and helping people over the phone. That's an entry level type job for IT. It started out at $10 per hour believe it or not. After a while I got a different help desk job for $15 per hour for a better company. While doing the 2nd help desk job I got Microsoft Certified and became a MCSE for Windows 2000 when active directory first came out. After a couple of years I went from help desk to desktop support. Instead of helping people over the phone I would go to their desk or office and help in person and fix it for them. That also came with a bump in pay. A few more years and I took a job at a small power company as IT manager. I was at the small company for about 4 years and gained a lot of experience with servers and network appliances like firewalls among other things. I went back to a larger company at a substantial jump in pay for a government contract and was a temp at first and after 5 years was hired on permanent for the same company. I am 48 years old now and make north of $30 per hour, and I don't have a college degree. that's pretty amazing for someone with no degree. I do believe God's hand was in it along the way. I'm not trying to brag, but the point is that I started at an entry level type position and worked my way to where I am. I've been in IT for about 20 years, so I was about 28 when it all started with the first help desk job. You're 30 right? I believe you're right on the bring of a miracle. Just keep believing and praying. Don't give up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,669.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry the job didnt work out, thats rough. Hang in there. The most important thing is to try not to lose faith in God, God is good in spite of what our circumstances can be sometimes. The enemy would love it if you started to turn your back on God and doubt He is good so try not to give in to that.

God has a plan for your life. You are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works that God has prepared in advance for you to do. Eph 2:10 So God knows what He is doing.

I pray for a good job for you, that suits your skills and who God made you, a job where you can bring glory to Him. I pray for God to bless you in your relationship with Him and in your job situation.
Thank you for your post because it means we can pray for you and your situation. Be encouraged sibling in Christ! Praying for ya.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This may sound weird, but try going full-time at Walmart. They pay competetively, and if you're bright and hard working (you sound like both), you can advance quickly.

I hear you on employment. I'm 33 with a BA and after seventeen years, still work retail. But my perspective is now trying to be like "hey, God gave me this job, it's a good job, let me do it with all my heart, and aim to please Him as I handle people and unload boxes of candy bars". It's not brain surgery, but that's ok.

The world tells us that we must look, work, and afford certain things to be successful and not somehow an embarrassment. But our Lord sees us differently. Neither of us are failures, if we do what He gives us for His glory. That is what matters.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Jesus' disciples asked Him to teach them how to pray. Might not part of the problem be that you have an inadequate understanding of effective prayer principles? Do you unwittingly treat God like a cosmic slot machine? Limited prayer success makes His disciples aware that they lack effective faith and prompts them to ask Him to increase their faith. Jesus' response implies that they have a false concept of how effective faith works. Might Jesus not say the same thing to you?

How much have your experimented with the various types of prayer? Have you read Quaker Richard Foster's magisterial book ("Prayer") on the 22 types of prayer? Might not your problem be that your prayer repertoire is limited to petitions, praise, and thanksgiving? Are you even a member of a regular prayer group? If I started a thread on "Effective Prayer Principles," would you bother to read it and respond?

Upvote 0

ALAG

Feb 20, 2018
Irmo
✟15,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated

I will Pray for you. I believe things will work out for you soon.

Please Pray for me as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cfdude

Mar 29, 2015
✟23,080.00
Faith
Christian

Have you considered that maybe what's important to God is not the same as what's important to you? What I mean is, maybe God is testing you to see if your faith is in what He provides for you or if it's in Him. Ok, what I really mean to say is, is He not blessing you in those requests just to get you to the point where you're at exactly right now with Him? Perhaps He has brought you to the point of despair to find out where your trust really is. To expose your weakness and then to strengthen you in your love for Him or to purge your nominal faith.

• Pro_16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.
  • Pro_16:9 The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.
  • Pro_19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

People with science, technology, engineering and math degrees are in demand. My brother got a degree in education with an emphasis in math when he was about forty. He teaches in a small city. He met a teacher down the hall. They moved in together and later married. While their particular school system does not pay the most, they have two salaries and live comfortably. They shared a ride to work. There are job openings for qualified teachers as older teachers are retiring. Some teachers quit in their first year, it is not for everyone.

Jesus said, "Seek first the kingdom of heaven..."

Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Hey friend! I understand the frustration of not getting what you've worked so hard to attain. It's really hard! I worked for so long to get my bachelor's degree in music. But by the time I got it, I was no longer able to use it due to hearing loss and severe tinnitus. I was devastated, shattered, and bitterly disappointed (and to some degree, I still am). Even getting another job in the current job market is challenging. I've gone to many interviews and have not gotten selected.

I'm still learning to trust in God and His will for my life, whatever that may be. It's one of the hardest things to do for me.

It is good that you pray for others because that shows your generous and compassionate spirit which is a Godly and righteous quality. Even still, continue to pray for yourself because God commands us to ask Him for anything and everything and He will always answer according to His will and what is best for us whether that be a "yes", a "no", or a "not yet". God is not punishing you for your sins as Jesus has paid for your sins already. If you truly feel that sin is reigning in your life, then repent of them and ask God forgiveness in Jesus' name and there you have it. You will be forgiven.

My other advice would be to perhaps shift your focus so that you live a life not entirely focused on your own needs and wants but the needs and wants of others as well. If it doesn't give you what you want at least it will perhaps change your perspective and you'll be living with a servant heart. :)

Don't stop praying and don't give up. God is your heavenly Father and knows what is the best for you. He will lead you in the direction you are supposed to go.

Upvote 0