Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There's video of Joe bragging about getting the prosecutor fired...
Yes. Because the prosecutor was crazy corrupt. The EU was 100% supportive of this move.

This whole story with Hunter is such a damp squib it shows more about the desperation republicans must be feeling. I .ran jeez the sitting president is the LITERAL king of nepotism and they don't even see it as a problem.

What has the right wing turned into???

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The whole 'I'm from Delaware and we do things different here' thing is silly, and you can knock it off. Delaware isn't that different. It's not on another planet.

Yes, when they repair a computer and then test it to see if there's anything wrong with it they first use a much more robust system scan for all kinds of viruses and Trojans and malware.

A couple things wrong here.

First, this is all a moot point, because there's no indication the man checked for viruses or anything like that. By his own account, the computers were brought in for water damage and sticky keys, and the repairs only cost $85. Those are simple fixes that literally anyone could do, and they don't even require you to turn the computer on, much less inspect its contents. He was not paid to run the system or test it or anything like that, nor did he say he did such things. That is something you're making up, whole clothe.

Second, even if he had, those systems are automated. The idea that checking for viruses and running malware requires you to painstakingly read over and watch every file on someone's computer is ludicrous. I've ran this kind of software. I've seen it run. It does not require you to look through someone's personal information. It wouldn't be very efficient if it did, nevermind the legality.

I'm sorry if you never owned a computer worth fixing...but its just what happens.
Let me ask you a question - would you have your computer repaired by a person knowing that he might, if you fail to pick up said computer for whatever reason, start riffling through your personal information? Credit card information, your search history, emails? Because I seriously doubt you would. Why would anyone ever let their hardware be repaired by anyone if they thought that was even a remote possibility?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I find the timing on all of this more than a little suspicious. It seems like an awful lot of coincidences and strange circumstances that just so happened to fall into Trump's lap at the right time.

Did anyone really say they didn't know about it for a long time? Just because they released it as an October Surprise doesn't do away with the possibility that it's legit. Of course things are brought out true or false at election time. Do you think the Atlantic story about Trump and against him couldn't have been released a lot sooner?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, when they repair a computer and then test it to see if there's anything wrong with it they first use a much more robust system scan for all kinds of viruses and Trojans and malware. They see everything on your hard drive.
You might see the names of some files when doing a virus scan. However, unless the file is very large or flags as a threat, it's only going to be visible for a split second. The contents of the file are not visible during the scan. Moreover, a typical deep virus scan takes several hours, so seeing those file names would require religiously staring at the screen and doing nothing for hours on end. Not exactly a productive use of time.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole 'I'm from Delaware and we do things different here' thing is silly, and you can knock it off. Delaware isn't that different. It's not on another planet.
I'm not from there...

My parents (long after I moved out and had a child) moved and lived there and I went to visit them.

The town is absolutely filled with lawyer offices....just about every office building is filled with lawyers. It's one of the states that has the best corporation protection laws. So many corporations have their incorporations through Delaware. And that requires lawyering.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's called a mechanic's lien...
If you don't pay the mechanic he gets to keep your car and then he will sell it to get ALL costs of selling and repairs out of the selling price. (Plus profit)
Did this shop owner file for a mechanic's lien?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A couple things wrong here.

First, this is all a moot point, because there's no indication the man checked for viruses or anything like that. By his own account, the computers were brought in for water damage and sticky keys, and the repairs only cost $85. Those are simple fixes that literally anyone could do, and they don't even require you to turn the computer on, much less inspect its contents. He was not paid to run the system or test it or anything like that, nor did he say he did such things. That is something you're making up, whole clothe.

Second, even if he had, those systems are automated. The idea that checking for viruses and running malware requires you to painstakingly read over and watch every file on someone's computer is ludicrous. I've ran this kind of software. I've seen it run. It does not require you to look through someone's personal information. It wouldn't be very efficient if it did, nevermind the legality.

Let me ask you a question - would you have your computer repaired by a person knowing that he might, if you fail to pick up said computer for whatever reason, start riffling through your personal information? Credit card information, your search history, emails? Because I seriously doubt you would. Why would anyone ever let their hardware be repaired by anyone if they thought that was even a remote possibility?
Small shops do any number of things to try and get their money.
How efficiently they do or don't work is none of my concern.
People are nosey generally speaking...
A sex tape is interesting to a lot of people.
Just saying...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He didn’t sell it, so that’s irrelevant.
But if the information on the computer was valuable...more valuable than the laptop the shop owner could then get his $85 "recovery fee" that just happened to cover the cost of repairs to the laptop itself.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Small shops do any number of things to try and get their money.
How efficiently they do or don't work is none of my concern.
People are nosey generally speaking...
A sex tape is interesting to a lot of people.
Just saying...
Being "nosey" in someone's personal information without their consent is illegal.

Just saying...

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
But if the information on the computer was valuable...more valuable than the laptop the shop owner could then get his $85 "recovery fee" that just happened to cover the cost of repairs to the laptop itself.
Except that there’s no indication that he got money for the information or that he did what he did to recoup loses. You’re just making that up.

And even if he did have the right to sell the laptop - which he didn’t do - that wouldn’t extend to a copy of the hard drive.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except that there’s no indication that he got money for the information or that he did what he did to recoup loses. You’re just making that up.

And even if he did have the right to sell the laptop - which he didn’t do - that wouldn’t extend to a copy of the hard drive.
If I was the shop owner I'd do the exact same STANDARD procedure.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Whether the information was falsely inserted into the hard drive or not remains to be seen.
The salicious sex tapes...
Making sex tapes is not a crime.

That Hunter is off the wagon is apparent and is a liability for his father is really a problem no matter what.
It’s been well known for quite some time that Hunter had a drug problem. Whether he still does or not, he’s a grown man, and Joe Biden isn’t responsible for him.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
If I was the shop owner I'd do the exact same STANDARD procedure.
Really? You think it’s okay to look through someone’s personal information? If I repair your iPhone, I get to look through all your videos and information and you’re just going to be okay with that?

Come on, man.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ummmm

It's Hunter's blatant selling of access to his father that is really bad too...

The rest just smells bad. But Hunter was blatantly selling access.
1. Nothing is being sold
2. What about the SPECIFIC textual information suggests that Hunter is trying to provide access to his dad?

What are your thoughts on Trumps nepotism?

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0