Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Did anyone really say they didn't know about it for a long time? Just because they released it as an October Surprise doesn't do away with the possibility that it's legit. Of course things are brought out true or false at election time. Do you think the Atlantic story about Trump and against him couldn't have been released a lot sooner?
Not unlike a certain supreme Court judge nomination?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently from the reports I'm hearing is that Hunter signed an agreement to that effect.
It doesn't matter what he signed other than it being evidence. In order to initiate a mechanic's lien legal papers must be filed you can't just say well it's been the 10 days in the agreement he sign and sell the car/computer. That's not how a mechanic's lien works. Look it up.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But if the information on the computer was valuable...more valuable than the laptop the shop owner could then get his $85 "recovery fee" that just happened to cover the cost of repairs to the laptop itself.
You haven't actually addressed the crux of lasthero's post which explained, in very clear, nontechnical terms, why this repair fellow has no reason to inspect any particular files on that computer given the work that was being asked. If he wipes the memory clean and THEN sells the computer, which is what I would expect a shop to do for non-payment.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter what he signed other than it being evidence. In order to initiate a mechanic's lien legal papers must be filed you can't just say well it's been the 10 days in the agreement he sign and sell the car/computer. That's not how a mechanic's lien works. Look it up.

Contractual agreement...
Hunter signed it. I didn't say that it was actually a mechanic's lien... only that it worked similar to one.

Either way the rights to the computer were signed away... especially when it wasn't picked up and the repair bill unpaid.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Contractual agreement...
Hunter signed it. I didn't say that it was actually a mechanic's lien... only that it worked similar to one.

Either way the rights to the computer were signed away... especially when it wasn't picked up and the repair bill unpaid.
You’ve seen the signed agreement have ye?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't actually addressed the crux of lasthero's post which explained, in very clear, nontechnical terms, why this repair fellow has no reason to inspect any particular files on that computer given the work that was being asked. If he wipes the memory clean and THEN sells the computer, which is what I would expect a shop to do for non-payment.

Anything on the laptop became the property of the shop owner when Hunter Biden didn't pay his bill...all software and data contained within it was now his. Hunter by contractual agreement gave it to him.

Now if I was just a lowly computer repair shop owner (blind) and discovered that a lot of the information on it was super high level stuff from various governments...I call the FBI to come get this poison pill and take it away.
I meanwhile (conspiracy theorist) do make a copy of the hard drive.

When almost a year later I hear nothing I start calling people who eventually get me in touch with Rudy.... And then it exploded.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Contractual agreement...

Where's the contract and is it Hunter's signature?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

So, if you had me repair your computer, and you couldn’t pick it up for whatever reason, you would be okay with me looking through your personal files and doing whatever I wished with the contents.

Just answer that one question for me, and explain your reasoning.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Anything on the laptop became the property of the shop owner when Hunter Biden didn't pay his bill...all software and data contained within it was now his.
You’re not a lawyer are you?
Suppose said laptop had had proprietary information about, (oh let’s say) antigravity technology...is it your contention that the repair shop owner could use this information to build their own antigravity device?
Could he sell such devices?

BTAIM, the story is bogus...time to move on.

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no idea. I'm just reading the article. And it's fairly standard and straightforward stuff for computer repair shops.
It's straightforward stuff for a computer repair person to read your email and open your personal files? I don't think so.
This guy would be out of business if this is how he repairs computers.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I have no idea. I'm just reading the article. And it's fairly standard and straightforward stuff for computer repair shops.
No, it isn’t. It is not common for computer repair shops to look through the hard drive of computers that are left unclaimed at their stores, copy that information, then give that information out to others without consent. No repairman in their right mind would do that, even if it was legal - nobody’s going to have their computer repaired by someone who might copy their personal information and give it out without their permission. That would be extremely bad for their business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it isn’t. It is not common for computer repair shops to look through the hard drive of computers that are left unclaimed at their stores, copy that information, then give that information out to others without consent. No repairman in their right mind would do that, even if it was legal - nobody’s going to have their computer repaired by someone who might copy their personal information and give it out without their permission. That would be extremely bad for their business.
When the name on the ticket is "Biden" and all attempts to collect the repair bill go unheeded...
And then you try to see if the computer is actually a corporate computer and try to contact them by looking through it to see if you can find email addresses...

And then find Government emails all over the thing....

Well...no matter what the emails are all over the world now.

Thousands of them.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
And then you try to see if the computer is actually a corporate computer and try to contact them by looking through it to see if you can find email addresses...
He never said he went through it to find email addresses, and Hunter’s email was apparently on the invoice, so that wouldn’t even be necessary if it was proper. You’re making stuff up again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As for me I acknowledge it could be a scam but I certainly would not believe it to be so because Biden's calendar says the meeting didn't take place. And would those not liking Trump believe what he said his calendar stated?
Well, no, I wouldn't believe anything Donald said unless it checked out. As for Biden's calendar, it is his VP calendar that is public records, so yes, unless contradicted by something substantial, I do believe it.

Upvote 0