• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Hunter Biden Expose is "Fake News"

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Fantine, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,483
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...40c702-0e4c-11eb-8074-0e943a91bf08_story.html

Social media outlets, WAPO, and intelligence experts were skeptical of the report.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+11,193
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    A lame attempt at an October surprise.

3. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,116
    Non-Denom
    :doh:Cry me a river will you! Look I don't know if there's any solid proof of the report we'll see what comes out in the next few days. But when did that ever stop social media outlets from publishing every lamebrain accusation of Trump whether it was true, or not? Show me one time where Twitter has refused to ban what could be considered misinformation about Trump ever. Most likely NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,553
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    1. That source is a left wing rag.
    2. The article is a lie.
    Is that redundant? I can never remember.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+4,240
    Seeker
    The whole story reeks.

One of the things that's stood out to me is what the repairman allegedly did. I admit, I'm no legal expert, but I'm fairly certain that copying someone's hard drive without that person's knowledge or consent and distributing it is illegal, and no reputable repair service would ever do such a thing.

6. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+1,422
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  7. Arc F1

+1,422
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The picture I saw this morning looked real. If you fail to come back and pay I'm sure at some point it becomes the property of the company as do storage units. In this political climate I wouldn't put it past someone to post the information on a hard drive.

8. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+2,116
    Non-Denom
    Agreed. The OP is trying to ram through propaganda. Even the source he quotes says, the report "raises concerns". So how does one go from something that raises concerns to making a statement of absolutes that the report is FAKE NEWS?

Could such be backed up with proof in the days ahead that it is? Perhaps. But the OP doesn't know that now.

If anything his title should be, "Hunter Biden Expose is Questionable"

9. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+15,640
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    As I understand it, one of the most glaring problems with the story is that they do not have emails, they have pictures of emails. Apart of course from the fishiness of the whole story and the fact that no such meeting took place.

FTA: “Usually when emails are leaked, what investigators look for is the actual email file, and we don’t have that here,” Rid said, raising alarms that the emails do not include metadata, which can be used to verify the date, sender and recipient. When an email is presented without the metadata, he said, “then you become suspicious.”

To: Essential Saltes <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Are you a Traitor?

Yes. Yes, I am a traitor.

Sincerely,

Don

President Donald J. Trump
    President of the United States
    Noble Prize Nominee

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+4,240
    Seeker
    Again, I'm no legal expert, but I'd bet money that is not how it works. My property is still my property - if I leave my iPhone at a store for cleaning, and for whatever reason don't pick it up, that doesn't mean the store owner is free to start looking through my phone and spread my information as he pleases.

That's like saying a car repairman gets to drive around in your car and sell it because you fell in a coma for a year and couldn't pick it up. That's not the way it works. If it's not his property, it doesn't magically become his property at any point.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+4,648
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    An October belly flop. Literally no one is changing their vote over Hunter Biden.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+747
    Christian
    Married
  13. Arc F1

+1,422
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Some places are different. I don't know about this situation either. I'm just guessing like everyone else. I know in Ohio storage units are sold off to pay the bills.

14. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+9,755
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ".....according to Rudy Giuliani"

Need we review his record of providing credible stories?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+4,240
    Seeker
    Selling it off - after you’ve wiped it - is one thing. Taking, copying, and distributing the information is another, and is a breach of privacy if I’ve ever heard one.

16. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+11,193
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    It does seem to be fake news. Along with the problem of the emails described above, there is the more important discrepancy that Hunter Biden supposedly arranged a meeting between his father and Vadym Pozharskyi - Joe Biden's calendar proves that the meeting did not take place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+747
    Christian
    Married
    There's video of Joe bragging about getting the prosecutor fired...
    Then there's the pictures of the golf outing with an executive of the oil company...

This is one heck of a frame job if it is one...

They impeached Trump on less than this.

18. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+6,299
    Atheist
    No reasonable person would take Tucker Carlson seriously. Or, at least, that's what Fox says:

U.S. District Court Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil ruled on Thursday that McDougal failed to prove that Carlson was accusing her of an actual crime in a way that would back up a defamation claim. The judge said that lawyers for Fox "persuasively" argued that "any reasonable viewer 'arrives with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements" Carlson makes, according to a court filing.

The judge called the on-air remarks "rhetorical hyperbole and opinion commentary intended to frame a political debate, and as such, are not actionable as defamation," the judge said in a written ruling.

Judge tosses suit over Trump affair story after Fox News argues no "reasonable viewer" takes Tucker Carlson seriously - CBS News

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. JohnDB

JohnDB Regular Member

+747
    Christian
    Married
    It's an election year with a highly political climate...
    The whole world is watching this from their quarantine...

I believe in nothing...

But the video of Joe bragging and playing golf certainly look incriminating.

20. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+14,529
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    The video would indeed be incriminating--if Biden hadn't been carrying out government policy at the orders of his President and with the support of our European allies and the World bank as well as that of congressional Republicans and if getting Shokin fired would get his son out of a jam. So in reality there is nothing incriminating about it.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List