Running Cover For Biden’s Senility Is The Umpteenth Example Of How Media Interfere In Elections

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess I just don't see why there is such opposition to a cognitive asassessmente.
I don't think people are opposed to Biden having a cognitive test. They are just pointing out that it isn't a requirement and isn't a norm for USA presidents. And that his doctor didn't think it was necessary

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not entirely sure that's true, either. He will have had the usual informal evaluation that his doctor routinely performs. We don't know if he has had a more formal evaluation.

Do you really think that if Biden had a formal evaluation that demonstrated there was no cognitive decline, they wouldn't publicize it? I mean, this is THE biggest concern voters have about the upcoming election.

Unfortunately, a demand for a publicly released one from his opponents is not likely to arise from any disinterested for "the voters" especially as their candidate has not submitted to one himself.

Huh? I think every candidate should submit to a cognitive assessment. It's really no more complicated than that.

The opposition is actually to a gotcha game you are trying to play;

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think people are opposed to Biden having a cognitive test. They are just pointing out that it isn't a requirement and isn't a norm for USA presidents.

I see we've now added "isn't a norm" to "isn't a requirement".

And that his doctor didn't think it was necessary

I don't believe his doctor, or anyone who tries to tell me that an 81-year old man exhibiting potential signs of mental decline doesn't need a cognitive assessment. I've already pointed out when a cognitive assessment is considered appropriate, and Biden exhibits behaviors that would indicate a cognitive assessment is absolutely appropriate for him. Combine that with his age and there is no reason a formal cognitive assessment should not be done.

It's not like a cognitive assessment is a difficult or expensive thing to do. It's really quite simple, and it would give insight into whether Biden is experiencing any mental decline or if he is simply exhibiting normal signs of aging.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I see we've now added "isn't a norm" to "isn't a requirement".

I don't believe his doctor, or anyone who tries to tell me that an 81-year old man exhibiting potential signs of mental decline doesn't need a cognitive assessment. I've already pointed out when a cognitive assessment is considered appropriate, and Biden exhibits behaviors that would indicate a cognitive assessment is absolutely appropriate for him. Combine that with his age and there is no reason a formal cognitive assessment should not be done.
Who do you think has a better understanding of Biden's cognitive capacity: His doctor or you? Or perhaps there is a third person who has a better understanding, I suppose....
Who, also, has the appropriate training, knowledge and background as to when a cognitive test would be an appropriate step for a patient: yourself or his doctor.
Keeping in mind that as a medical professional he also has seen and made decisions across a wider gamut of individuals who may be at a point, due to their functioning that they would need a test and certainly he has made referrals previously.

Keeping in mind his doctor and see him on TV as well as you.

It's not like a cognitive assessment is a difficult or expensive thing to do. It's really quite simple, and it would give insight into whether Biden is experiencing any mental decline or if he is simply exhibiting normal signs of aging.
Is anyone aware of a single website or link that tracks all of these signs and behaviours? I would love to see the totality of it all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've already pointed out when a cognitive assessment is considered appropriate, and Biden exhibits behaviors that would indicate a cognitive assessment is absolutely appropriate for him.
What are your qualifications? What examination did you perform on Biden to come to your professional preliminary assessment?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who do you think has a better understanding of Biden's cognitive capacity: His doctor or you?

What are your qualifications? What examination did you perform on Biden to come to your professional preliminary assessment?

These are similar questions, so I'll answer them together.

In short, This. Is. Nonsense.

Refer back to what the criteria are for determining if cognitive assessment is appropriate.

Age over 65? Check.
Regularly forgetting or mixing up names? Check.
Concern from others? (I think 75% of voters listing Biden's mental capacity as a concern qualifies as concern from others) Check.

You need not be a doctor to read and understand when a cognitive assessment is appropriate.

It would be like you going to see a doctor and telling him you have chest pains, and the doctor telling you that it's not necessary to examine you for heart problems. Would you trust him because he's a doctor and has had more training than you, or would you seek a second opinion?

The doctor says Biden is fine, but he's not done an assessment to be able to say that with certainty.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
"No one in this thread is opposed to Biden having a cognitive test".

Right.
I got no peoblem with it.

But it won't matter cause..
*There will be a problem with the test
*We can't trust his doctor (look how long it took him)
*Well I know what I saw
*Deep state.....

It feels like Obama birth certificate all over again.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
These are similar questions, so I'll answer them together.

In short, This. Is. Nonsense.

Refer back to what the criteria are for determining if cognitive assessment is appropriate.

Age over 65? Check.
Regularly forgetting or mixing up names? Check.
Meeting and remembering as many names as a president may need means little to me. If he meets several hundred people a day and forgets some names I'm not worried.

Slurred incoherent speech with decent frequency that is more the kind of things I have concerns about.

The rubric your providing is appropriate for an average person who may need to remember only 8 to 10 names on the daily. If you forget names at that point yes an assessment is absolutely prudent, I would agree.

Concern from others? (I think 75% of voters listing Biden's mental capacity as a concern qualifies as concern from others) Check.
ROFL!! Normally I find most of your arguments pretty strong if not intimidating but this, this one is hilarious. Seriously as if a group of strangers opinions should count as a rubric and not those who interact with him on the daily. Lolsly!!!

You need not be a doctor to read and understand when a cognitive assessment is appropriate.
As you test people and recieve results back, it's like you get to hone your discernment as a professional for when tests are truely necessary. So yes being a doctor with experience and knowledge is important.

It would be like you going to see a doctor and telling him you have chest pains, and the doctor telling you that it's not necessary to examine you for heart problems. Would you trust him because he's a doctor and has had more training than you, or would you seek a second opinion?
Except it's not like that because chest pains are internal and cannot be witnessed by a doctor who can see other symptoms and make a judgment call.

You got a better example maybe?

The doctor says Biden is fine, but he's not done an assessment to be able to say that with certainty.
But he's seen him on TV.

Just like you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who do you think has a better understanding of Biden's cognitive capacity: His doctor or you? Or perhaps there is a third person who has a better understanding, I suppose....
Who, also, has the appropriate training, knowledge and background as to when a cognitive test would be an appropriate step for a patient: yourself or his doctor.
Keeping in mind that as a medical professional he also has seen and made decisions across a wider gamut of individuals who may be at a point, due to their functioning that they would need a test and certainly he has made referrals previously.

Keeping in mind his doctor and see him on TV as well as you.

Is anyone aware of a single website or link that tracks all of these signs and behaviours? I would love to see the totality of it all.
Keeping in mind if his Doctor ordered a cognitive test he probably wouldn’t be his Doctor any longer

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Keeping in mind if his Doctor ordered a cognitive test he probably wouldn’t be his Doctor any longer
Why not? How long has his doctor been his doctor? I imagine he has probably known his doctor for quite a long time.

Oh. Is this... [sshhhhhhhhhhh]...a conspiracy?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you know that?

Biden did not have a cognitive test as part of his physical​

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters that his doctors determined that he didn't need a cognitive exam — though Biden's longtime doctor did not address the matter directly in his report.

"He passes a cognitive test every day," Jean-Pierre said, describing the challenges of the job, which she said was more rigorous than a 15-minute cognitive test could be.

Biden's medical reports from November 2021 and February 2023 also did not include any references to tests or evaluations of his memory or cognition.

Biden just got a physical. But a cognitive test was not part of the assessment

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I got no peoblem with it.

But it won't matter cause..
*There will be a problem with the test
*We can't trust his doctor (look how long it took him)
*Well I know what I saw
*Deep state.....

You're not wrong.

It should still be done. And publicized.

It feels like Obama birth certificate all over again.

Does it really? I mean, almost NO ONE believed that there was any problem with Obama's birth certificate at any point, and after it was made public, all but the most fringe groups accepted it without question.

In this case, fully 75% of voters, including 50% of Democrat voters, are concerned with Biden's mental state. Not quite the same thing.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meeting and remembering as many names as a president may need means little to me. If he meets several hundred people a day and forgets some names I'm not worried.

What about calling out in the crowd for people who are dead? (See Rep. Walorski).

Slurred incoherent speech with decent frequency that is more the kind of things I have concerns about.

I'd show you some video demonstrating this issue, but I'd be accused of posting propaganda.

The rubric your providing is appropriate for an average person who may need to remember only 8 to 10 names on the daily. If you forget names at that point yes an assessment is absolutely prudent, I would agree.

Perhaps when you're trying to convince people you're all there mentally, it would be best to make sure that you don't mix up the names of people in spectacular fashion... and not correct yourself.

ROFL!! Normally I find most of your arguments pretty strong if not intimidating but this, this one is hilarious. Seriously as if a group of strangers opinions should count as a rubric and not those who interact with him on the daily. Lolsly!!!

Voters are not a "group of strangers". They are the people that the President represents. Also, you'll note that other people's concerns are absolutely a factor in determining whether a cognitive assessment is appropriate.

In practice, cognitive assessment at the AWV may include testing with one of the available tools or direct observation by the provider, while also considering subjective cognitive impairment concerns raised by the patient, family, friends, or caregivers.

Now you may argue that none of us are Biden's "friends", but Biden represents us. And the point is, other's "subjective cognitive impairment concerns" are absolutely a factor in determining if cognitive assessment is appropriate.

As you test people and recieve results back, it's like you get to hone your discernment as a professional for when tests are truely necessary. So yes being a doctor with experience and knowledge is important.

Sure it is.

But you're making it sound like it's some kind of arduous decision-making process on whether or not someone should receive a cognitive assessment. It's really not. It's not a hard test. It's not invasive. It's not expensive. It would take 15 minutes. There is virtually no downside to doing the assessment.

Except it's not like that because chest pains are internal and cannot be witnessed by a doctor who can see other symptoms and make a judgment call.

You got a better example maybe?

It's exactly like that. The point is, if a doctor recommends something that goes against established norms, it's perfectly acceptable to question them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So you think these are isolated incidents, despite the fact that there are countless examples of Biden using the wrong names, looking lost on stage, wandering off awkwardly, etc?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I've seen enough to be concerned. So have 50% of Democrat voters.
I admit, I'm concerned about President Biden's age. And I do think he's slower than he used to be, and probably gets forgetful from time to time.

I don't dispute any of that.

However...there is one thing that stands out above everything else.

As bad as Biden might be, or gets....

Trump is worse.

So, I'm gonna vote for Biden.

-- A2SG, also have no problem with Kamala Harris...so, win win for me....

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I admit, I'm concerned about President Biden's age. And I do think he's slower than he used to be, and probably gets forgetful from time to time.

I don't dispute any of that.

However...there is one thing that stands out above everything else.

As bad as Biden might be, or gets....

Trump is worse.

So, I'm gonna vote for Biden.

-- A2SG, also have no problem with Kamala Harris...so, win win for me....

Well, at least you'll admit that there are concerns with Biden, which is more than I can say for most.

So you've decided to go with the lesser of 2 evils approach, which has, unfortunately, become the norm in US elections.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It’s their right to believe and post whatever they like. I just find the level of denial it takes amazing.
A level of denial like ignoring what was actually posted in favor of vague implications that the posters are denying reality? That sort of level of denial?

Upvote 0