Hunter Biden Expose is "Fake News"

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
It's called a mechanic's lien...
If you don't pay the mechanic he gets to keep your car and then he will sell it to get ALL costs of selling and repairs out of the selling price. (Plus profit)

Except this isn't a mechanic, and the guy didn't sell it. Not to mention - and again, I'm not a legal expert - but I highly doubt any lien gives you the right to dole out the personal information found on a device.

Like, let's say you drop your computer off for repair. For whatever reason, you don't get to pick it up - maybe you get in a car wreck and can't get there, maybe you get sent to jail, maybe you just forget, for whatever reasons.

A year later, you come back and find that, not only has he given your computer to someone else, but he also copied your hard drive - which holds pictures, personal videos, and even bank information - to a third party, without your knowledge consent. And oh look, there are nude pictures of you popping up on the internet.

Does that sound even remotely legit to you?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But if Joe actually advised Obama as to what course of action to take...

None of this passes a smell test.

I think that a full investigation needs to happen here.
So why did Biden want the prosecutor fired?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. Maybe some people who were initially attracted to Donald because of his air of confidence don't like the look of desperation this brings to his campaign.
Ah, true.

• Friendly
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except this isn't a mechanic, and the guy didn't sell it. Not to mention - and again, I'm not a legal expert - but I highly doubt any lien gives you the right to dole out the personal information found on a device.

Like, let's say you drop your computer off for repair. For whatever reason, you don't get to pick it up - maybe you get in a car wreck and can't get there, maybe you get sent to jail, maybe you just forget, for whatever reasons.

A year later, you come back and find that, not only has he given your computer to someone else, but he also copied your hard drive - which holds pictures, personal videos, and even bank information - to a third party, without your knowledge consent. And oh look, there are nude pictures of you popping up on the internet.

Does that sound even remotely legit to you?

You need to actually read the original story to understand the chain of events.

Right now the FBI is going to be in very hot water if they don't produce that laptop.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
You need to actually read the original story to understand the chain of events.
I have read it. Repeatedly. It doesn't help that the people telling the story keep changing certain elements. But please, point out the part that I'm missing which doesn't make this story sound holier than Swiss Cheese.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why did Biden want the prosecutor fired?
He was investigating corruption of the very company Hunter Biden was on the board of directors for.

The official policy of the Obama administration was that the prosecutor was "soft" on corruption.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read it. Repeatedly. It doesn't help that the people telling the story keep changing certain elements. But please, point out the part that I'm missing which doesn't make this story sound holier than Swiss Cheese.
The original laptop was given to the FBI once the store owner realized that the hard drive was filled with government emails and information.
The information a hard drive contains can be much more valuable than the laptop itself. And in Wilmington Delaware this is more often true than not. (You would have to live there to understand)

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
He was investigating corruption of the very company Hunter Biden was on the board of directors for.

The official policy of the Obama administration was that the prosecutor was "soft" on corruption.
It wasn't just the Obama administration's opinion.

In February 2016, International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde threatened to withhold $40 billion unless Ukraine undertook “a substantial new effort” to fight corruption after the country’s economic minister and his team resigned to protest government corruption. That same month, a “reform-minded deputy prosecutor resigned, complaining that his efforts to address government corruption had been consistently stymied by his own prosecutor general, Viktor Shokin,” according to a Jan. 3, 2017, Congressional Research Services report.

Shokin served as prosecutor general under Viktor Yanukovych, the former president of Ukraine who fled to Russia after he was removed from power in 2014 and was later found guilty of treason. Shokin remained in power after Yanukovych’s ouster, but he failed “to indict any major figures from the Yanukovych administration for corruption,” according to testimony John E. Herbst, a former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine under President George W. Bush, gave in March 2016 to a subcommittee of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

“By late fall of 2015, the EU and the United States joined the chorus of those seeking Mr. Shokin’s removal as the start of an overall reform of the Procurator General’s Office,” Herbst testified. “U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke publicly about this before and during his December visit to Kyiv; but Mr. Shokin remained in place.”

In early 2016, Deputy General Prosecutor Vitaliy Kasko resigned in protest of corruption within Shokin’s office. In a televised statement, Kasko said: “Today, the General Prosecutor’s office is a brake on the reform of criminal justice, a hotbed of corruption, an instrument of political pressure, one of the key obstacles to the arrival of foreign investment in Ukraine.”

In reporting on Kasko’s resignation, Reuters noted that Ukraine’s “failure to tackle endemic corruption” threatened the IMF’s $40 billion aid program for Ukraine. At the time, the IMF put a hold on $1.7 billion in aid that had been due to be released to Ukraine four months earlier.

“After President Poroshenko complained that Shokin was taking too long to clean up corruption even within the PGO itself, he asked for Shokin’s resignation,” the CRS report said. Shokin submitted his resignation in February 2016 and was removed a month later.

Michael McFaul, a former U.S. ambassador to Russia under President Barack Obama, on Sept. 20 tweeted that the “Obama administration policy (not just ‘Biden policy’) to push for this Ukrainian general prosecutor to go” was “a shared view in many capitals, multilateral lending institutions, and pro-democratic Ukrainian civil society.”

Multiple agencies and government's wanted Shokin out and were calling him into question. Biden was, at most, the tip of that spear.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
The original laptop was given to the FBI once the store owner realized that the hard drive was filled with government emails and information.
Really? How would he come to that conclusion? Especially several months after the laptop was dropped off? And that's especially weird, because while he initially said he contacted the FBI, he later changed his story to say the FBI contacted him, which would imply that they knew about the laptop and its contents.

The information a hard drive contains can be much more valuable than the laptop itself.
Agreed. And that's exactly why you're generally not allowed to just go around copying people's hard drive's without their consent.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

But he wasn’t investigating them. He was fired because he WASN'T investigating the companies he was supposed to.
be investigating. The calls for Shokin to be fired came from many places, including the people of Ukraine. Are you alleging that Joe Biden orchestrated the protests in Ukraine and the European leaders calling for Shokin’s resignation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The original laptop was given to the FBI once the store owner...

My wife, Morgan Fairchild, says we have no evidence of this, and the FBI is not commenting on the matter.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? How would he come to that conclusion? Especially several months after the laptop was dropped off? And that's especially weird, because while he initially said he contacted the FBI, he later changed his story to say the FBI contacted him, which would imply that they knew about the laptop and its contents.

Agreed. And that's exactly why you're generally not allowed to just go around copying people's hard drive's without their consent.

It was brought into a computer shop for water damage. Usually they will do a virus scan and defrag of the hard drive and all kinds of tune up stuff to make it a faster, better computer system. They will see the contents of the hard drive. The sex tape wasn't anything new...the government emails and foreign governments emails got him scared. (Righteously so)
So he called the FBI over a year ago and they picked up the laptop....but since he has heard nothing (because he fears his government) he started making calls to those he thought could protect him.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But he wasn’t investigating them. He was fired because he WASN'T investigating the companies he was supposed to.
be investigating. The calls for Shokin to be fired came from many places, including the people of Ukraine. Are you alleging that Joe Biden orchestrated the protests in Ukraine and the European leaders calling for Shokin’s resignation?
So the guy who is the softest/laziest on corruption is actually investigating the oligarch that Hunter works for?
And that raises no red flags at all?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It did for GOP senators, but then they investigated and found nothing.
No partisanship whatsoever...

But they did this investigation without the evidence from the laptop.
Why?
Where is the laptop?

Obstruction of a congressional investigation is a crime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why?

Because the story is made up, and even if it were true the meeting didn't happen, and even if the meeting happened, it's not that big a deal, since that guy has met plenty of government officials.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
It was brought into a computer shop for water damage. Usually they will do a virus scan and defrag of the hard drive and all kinds of tune up stuff to make it a faster, better computer system. They will see the contents of the hard drive.

Utter nonsense.

Defragging a computer does not mean you have to watch and read over the contents of that computer. I know. I've done that sort of thing. It's a simple process. In what Looney Toon World does repairing a computer mean you have to personally inspect and read over someone's emails and personal materials?

So he called the FBI over a year ago and they picked up the laptop....but since he has heard nothing (because he fears his government)

He fears his government...but he called the FBI.

I want you to take a long, hard think about what you just wrote.

And even if that were true, that still doesn't give him the right to copy a hard drive and give it to anybody he pleases for whatever reason he likes. I'd love to see a lawyer's perspective on this.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No partisanship whatsoever...

Why?
Where is the laptop?

Obstruction of a congressional investigation is a crime.

Have you called AG Barr yet? He may want to know your information....

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Utter nonsense.

Defragging a computer does not mean you have to watch and read over the contents of that computer. I know. I've done that sort of thing. It's a simple process. In what Looney Toon World does repairing a computer mean you have to personally inspect and read over someone's emails and personal materials?

He fears his government...but he called the FBI.

I want you to take a long, hard think about what you just wrote.

And even if that were true, that still doesn't give him the right to copy a hard drive and give it to anybody he pleases for whatever reason he likes. I'd love to see a lawyer's perspective on this.

Aside from your obvious bias....
If you ever have a chance to visit Wilmington Delaware and stay for a while you would understand why your assertions are absolutely ludicrous.
Yes, when they repair a computer and then test it to see if there's anything wrong with it they first use a much more robust system scan for all kinds of viruses and Trojans and malware. They see everything on your hard drive.

I'm sorry if you never owned a computer worth fixing...but its just what happens.

• Informative
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I can't read the article. What proof do they put forth that it's fake? Or is this just misleading opinion? Your article title should at least have something to back it up, if not it's false and should be changed.
What proof do you have that it's legitimate? Republican operatives have down that at least a few of them have no stoop below levels.

Upvote 0