enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Regardless of what rapture view we all hold, I think most of us can agree that the last seven years before Lord Jesus returns will be the worst and most devastating years on Earth since the world began. I just want to explore these questions.How will people know when this terrible period has begun? Will people know that this period has begun? Will people deny that this period has begun?

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of what rapture view we all hold, I think most of us can agree that the last seven years before Lord Jesus returns will be the worst and most devastating years on Earth since the world began. I just want to explore these questions.How will people know when this terrible period has begun? Will people know that this period has begun? Will people deny that this period has begun?
I don't necessarily agree. The worst times on Earth are the times that God has poured His wrath out on the unrighteous. Think of Noach's flood where only Noach and family were "left behind" after the rest were taken. Same with Sodom, Lot and his family (save for his wife) all make it, the rest are killed, taken away. The tribulation is NOT God's wrath... it is a time of trouble that ends in wrath. I see the tribulation as the time that God gives all of His people a common foe and we will rally around Him and each other in a way we have not before. It is used to draw us closer, not punish us. I think we have the wrong view of tribulation here. Not that it will be easy, but it's purpose is actually positive, not negative.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think even Christians can miss the birth pains, the earth groaning, IE pre tribulation experiences, unprecedented weather, volcanos, earth tremors etc. . But the great tribulation itself is something unmistakable to the true believer for the very reasons you already stated. It will be so severe that the world has never seen it before . You can't miss it, it's life changing. People get this idea that it's just more complication as we have known already, or more of it but a bit more severe too. No the bible says this is very severe, like never seen before, just as you stated. Don't forget the signs, one world government rule, a new temple with an anti christ ruling from it, who seems to bring peace initially. Then everything goes to hell in a hand basket. There will be unrestrained evil on earth, super natural and natural things going on like never before, obvious things.

• Agree
Reactions: Quasar92
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here are the questions to be explored.
I just want to explore these questions.How will people know when this terrible period has begun? Will people know that this period has begun? Will people deny that this period has begun?
Please reply to these questions.

Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
melbourne
✟35,458.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well after reading Matthew 24 , Luke 21 and Mark 13 it seems to me that it only concerns Israelis and especially those living in Judea , says they should watch out for the abomination of desolation spoken of by their prophet Daniel. So my guess is that when we see this happening over there then yeah I guess it's on!

Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
melbourne
✟35,458.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only other thing that I would like to say is , given that Matthew Mark and Luke are Christian books and are not in their Torah , then maybe they have become Christians at this stage , and if that's the case then maybe we should look for that happening first. I don't know it can become very confusing at times.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

I think some will know, after the rapture occurs. It's likely many will wake up and then see the event that signals the beginning of the 7-years. It's also likely their work will be used to provide answers later to those who didn't notice before, but who start to wonder what's going on when the calamities hit.

Pertaining to your last question, there will always be deniers. Some people love to remain ignorant. The GWT will likely be the only denier-free biblical event.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
"I just want to explore these questions."

"How will people know when this terrible period has begun"?
As I mentioned above there are pre signs. But the actual time of the beginning will be marked by the antichrist taking power in the new temple. There will be a peace pact of sorts with Israel which will fail within 3 years or so. So don't be watching you tube but for real news of Israel for the construction of the new temple that will seat the antichrist. When you see that happening it's time to really look up.

You said rapture aside, so I will assume you don't want that part.

"Will people know that this period has begun"?
Yes, those with ears to hear and eyes to see. Common folk who are not Christian might not see it as such, they will see something good for the world initially but not over the long haul.

"Will people deny that this period has begun"?
Yes, in fact it says some will be blinded to it.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You said rapture aside, so I will assume you don't want that part.
No, I meant regardless of our rapture view. Like if you are pre-trib, what do you think will let people know that the 7 year time of Jacob's trouble has begun, likewise what do you think will signal it if you hold another view?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, I meant regardless of our rapture view. Like if you are pre-trib, what do you think will let people know that the 7 year time of Jacob's trouble has begun, likewise what do you think will signal it if you hold another view?
Pre tribulation Christians hold the belief they will be gone. No need to worry about it.

Mid trib believers hold the view they will live through the beginning, the hay day of a nicely behaving antichrist if you will, then be gone for the rough stuff.

Post trib believers hold the view they live through it all and see the full torment/impact etc.

Of course it's not about what we believe but what is truth. Which kind of rapture actually is supported by the scripture. But the events don't change from my previous postings, you will see the same things according to if you are here or not and at what stage you depart.

Does that help any ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well,:scratch: You have already expressed that you think the building of the third temple could be the signal that the last seven years have begun.
Handmaid ? Is that confusing you or maybe I should ask why ?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Handmaid ? Is that confusing you or maybe I should ask why ?
No, not confusing.I was just wondering, because I agree with you, but I also think about the two witnesses showing up. But, that could happening during the building of the temple. Just one of those things that made me go Hmmm.:scratch: ^_^

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, not confusing.I was just wondering, because I agree with you, but I also think about the two witnesses showing up. But, that could happening during the building of the temple. Just one of those things that made me go Hmmm.:scratch: ^_^
The two witnesses show up for 42 months ( 3-1/2years) believed to be the second half of tribulation.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The two witnesses show up for 42 months ( 3-1/2years) believed to be the second half of tribulation.
What makes you say that? I know they preach for 31/2 years, but I have always believed they preached at the beginning of the tribulation period. But I think that the building of the temple can overlap with their ministry. What is your opinion on that thought?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What makes you say that? I know they preach for 31/2 years, but I have always believed they preached at the beginning of the tribulation period. But I think that the building of the temple can overlap with their ministry. What is your opinion on that thought?
The beast ( antichrist ) does not become violent till the second half and he is allowed to trample and kill the two witnesses in Rev 11:7. This is further endorsed in Matthew 24 which describes the actual coming of Christ ( not the appearing in the clouds we hear of in 1 Thessalonians 4). remember the antichrist is Mr nice guy in the first 3-1/2 years. I guess this could be open to more interpolation or study at least though.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You know Handmaid, there are some good arguments to the point that really " the great part of tribulation" is the second half. All the nastiest stuff happens then, the first half is looking like peace. So in reality, while we say the tribulatiion is 7 years, and the bible supports that, that's the whole period of time but the great tribulation as the world has never seen, with horror and so on is 3-1/2 years long. And this is part of the reasoning actually for a mid trib rapture theory, as I understand it. I don't know the scripture supporting mid trib very well though. I kind of keep that mulling on the back burner for a study some day.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The beast ( antichrist ) does not become violent till the second half and he is allowed to trample and kill the two witnesses in Rev 11:7. This is further endorsed in Matthew 24 which describes the actual coming of Christ ( not the appearing in the clouds we hear of in 1 Thessalonians 4). remember the antichrist is Mr nice guy in the first 3-1/2 years. I guess this could be open to more interpolation or study at least though.
Yeah I agree. But this is what makes me believe the building of the temple and the ministry of the two witnesses might overlap. I think the antichrist will allow them to preach the first 3/12 years, then he kills the witnesses, stops the daily sacrifices,sets up the aod, and proclaim he is God for the remaining 3/12 years.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know Handmaid, there are some good arguments to the point that really " the great part of tribulation" is the second half. All the nastiest stuff happens then, the first half is looking like peace. So in reality, while we say the tribulatiion is 7 years, and the bible supports that, that's the whole period of time but the great tribulation as the world has never seen, with horror and so on is 3-1/2 years long. And this is part of the reasoning actually for a mid trib rapture theory, as I understand it. I don't know the scripture supporting mid trib very well though. I kind of keep that mulling on the back burner for a study some day.
I can agree that the greatest tribulation occurs in the last half of the week. That is why I was asking the questions in the OP. The first 31/2 years may just look like it looks today, except for the peace agreement.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah I agree. But this is what makes me believe the building of the temple and the ministry of the two witnesses might overlap. I think the antichrist will allow them to preach the first 3/12 years, then he kills the witnesses, stops the daily sacrifices,sets up the aod, and proclaim he is God for the remaining 3/12 years.
Yes there are arguments that say they appear in the first half and it makes sense they are left undisturbed for that 3-1/2 years, then killed ( for a time) when antichrist turns nasty. That's why I said there is room for interpolation here. I certainly don't know everything.

Upvote 0