enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You should keep pursuing this till it is crystal clear to you in scripture.
Thanks, I will do that. :) The things that are happening all at once on the Earth today makes me wonder if it has started already. With The peace and safty declaration from the U.N. and all of the natural calamities and wars and rumors of war we are seeing, I just wonder. What more has to happen?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe it to be intellectually, emotionally and spiritually unhealthy to live your life in constant expectation of the "end times". It is far better to live your life in such a way as to make this a better world, not just today but into the far distant future.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks, I will do that. :) The things that are happening all at once on the Earth today makes me wonder if it has started already. With The peace and safty declaration from the U.N. and all of the natural calamities and wars and rumors of war we are seeing, I just wonder. What more has to happen?
You aren't alone ! Many wonder. My personal view is these are signs we are close. We know that sometime after Rev 12 Satan is tossed from heaven and hits earth. Sooooo ! What I do is try not to read too much into this stuff, live my life, witness where I can and if the Lord comes I'm going with Him willingly. He said to keep ourselves ready at all times. That is the best we can do, meanwhile if we can reach someone unsaved, all the better.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe it to be intellectually, emotionally and spiritually unhealthy to live your life in constant expectation of the "end times". It is far better to live your life in such a way as to make this a better world, not just today but into the far distant future.
To me readiness is confessed up to date and try to be a decent testimony to Jesus Christ. We should be doing that anyway. But stressing He told us not to do LOL.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You aren't alone ! Many wonder. My personal view is these are signs we are close. We know that sometime after Rev 12 Satan is tossed from heaven and hits earth. Sooooo ! What I do is try not to read too much into this stuff, live my life, witness where I can and if the Lord comes I'm going with Him willingly. He said to keep ourselves ready at all times. That is the best we can do, meanwhile if we can reach someone unsaved, all the better.
I am with you on that. But Lord Jesus did say watch and pray. Here is another question. Watch what?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jack you post these same words on many threads. The world is going to be better when Lord Jesus comes.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
After over 70 years as a Christian I am now convinced that the apocalyptic expectations of the early church were a huge mistake --- a mistake that has caused much undue anxiety and even great loss to generation after generation of believers. I believe the time is long past to put this behind us.

Upvote 0

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of what rapture view we all hold, I think most of us can agree that the last seven years before Lord Jesus returns will be the worst and most devastating years on Earth since the world began. I just want to explore these questions.How will people know when this terrible period has begun? Will people know that this period has begun? Will people deny that this period has begun?
I believe in the rapture before the tribulation period and it is the mass disappearance of believers worldwide which I think will set the stage and cause people to immediately accept a world leader (antichrist) who offers answers and hope. Those who are familiar with the scriptures may acknowledge they are in the seven year tribulation period if they repent and seek God, but there will always be those who reject God and His Word, thereby never acknowledging the truth. Below is an excerpt related to this subject,

April 1, 2006
TBC Staff
Question: Having served my last tour in the international political arena in the D.C. area, I completely concur with your answer re the Tribulation in TBC Jan. '06--up to the last sentence, which says: "I believe that the Great Tribulation under Antichrist...will begin immediately after the Rapture." However, does not the signing of a 7-year security treaty with Israel mark the actual start of the "Great Tribulation" period (Daniel:9:27
)? Considering the chaos which ensues from the Rapture, it would seem that the Antichrist...will need several days (maybe even weeks or a few months) to consolidate his power and convince Israel and her enemies to sign the 7-year covenant with him
or else. Thus...it would seem prudent to assume that some time will elapse between the Rapture and the 7-year Tribulation.

Response: What you say sounds reasonable. The common teaching today is that it could take years, for which I find no basis in Scripture. This idea reduces the Rapture almost to a non-event for earthlings. However, the Hebrew in Daniel 9 says that the Antichrist will impose the seven-year covenant upon the "many" (i.e., not just upon Israel but the world). He will not merely "confirm" it, as the KJV says. According to 2 Thessalonians:2:6-8
, the only hindrance to Antichrist being "revealed" is the presence of the Holy Spirit indwelling the members of the body of Christ here upon earth. We can't even imagine the terror at every level of society and government caused by the mass disappearance of millions—nor the incredible satanic power and seduction immediately displayed.

Since it is the worldwide crisis of a mass disappearance, terror, and his satanic power that will catapult Antichrist into world dictatorship, I believe that his takeover will be within a few hours at the most—not days or weeks.
Question: [Doesn't] the signing of a 7-year security treaty with Israel mark the actual start of the "Great Tribulation" period (Daniel 9:27)?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am with you on that. But Lord Jesus did say watch and pray. Here is another question. Watch what?
For signs, for Him. To see the world falling apart, to see an apostate church,look out for deception etc.
Maybe 18 months ago I got myself in a tizzy over doctrine, especially denominational doctrine but also how many bible doctrines there are. I read books, articles. The more I read the worse shape I was in. Then I awoke one morning and there was this message in my head.At this time I was very in tune with the Lord, basically the message was "hold the phone David and just concentrate on knowing Me ". It was so clear that Jesus wants our undivided attention. He does anyway but all the more so now. I started speaking of Jesus, it's all about Him I'd say,still do many days. So Handmaid, when in doubt focus on Jesus Christ the person/God in a personal way. Don't let the complications lead you astray, they can be rabbit trails.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YouAreAwesome

☝✌
Oct 17, 2016
Lismore, Australia
✟94,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of what rapture view we all hold, I think most of us can agree that the last seven years before Lord Jesus returns will be the worst and most devastating years on Earth since the world began. I just want to explore these questions.How will people know when this terrible period has begun? Will people know that this period has begun? Will people deny that this period has begun?

The last 7 years before Jesus returns will be the best ever.

Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,That shines brighter and brighter until the full day.

Ephesians 5:27 That He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or
any such things [that she might be holy and faultless].

Isaiah 9:7 There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of
David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and
forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

The terrible period occurred back around AD70 when God's chosen people were surrounded and starved to death by the Romans, shortly before the Romans destroyed the temple. We are now living at time where the world is getting better and better. There are many statistics that show this is true. As Christians we should be leading the way in making this world more and more like heaven, not awaiting trials and tribulations that have already happened.

A victorious eschatology is the best and most biblical eschatology :)

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟61,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Will people know that this period has begun?
1 Thessalonians chapter 5 verse 2
for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

because of that I think no one will know.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I meant regardless of our rapture view. Like if you are pre-trib, what do you think will let people know that the 7 year time of Jacob's trouble has begun, likewise what do you think will signal it if you hold another view?
We won't be here. We will have "raptured away."

Upvote 0

tonemonkey

Sep 27, 2017
Puyallup
✟9,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Revelation reveals that believers will be taken up before the tribulation happens. If this is the case, then the first 3.5 years after that will be a time of peace like the world has never known. What this peace will look like I can't say. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody figures out that all of the Christians were taken and say the peace is because all of the Christians are gone!

I'm sure that once all of the believers are taken up that some people will start studying the Bible to figure out what happened. When the hell of the second 3.5 years begins there probably be some who will know by then why this time of terrible trouble is happening and that will be how people know.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well I for one don't believe the pre tribulation rapture theory. The great tribulation in the gospels is on the Jews.
The great tribulation in Revelation is on Christians. Jesus said "In this world you will have tribulation." and John said
Revelation 1:9I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation,
If you do a search for tribulation in your bible software, most references refer to Christians.
Christians have always gone through great tribulation from pagan Rome , but more so under Papal Rome, during the inquisition and even crusades against Christians like the Waldedenses, the Albis, the Paulicians, the Bogomils, the Hussites, the Lollards, and many others throughout the centuries.

When will the saints be raised? One the last day Just as the was no time before the first day in Genesis, so there can be only eternity after the last day.
  • John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
  • John 6:54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
  • John 11:24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
The last day will also be the day of Judgement
  • John 12:48He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People will/do deny it. There are vast numbers that expect to be "raptured" before the Apocalypse, when they are not, some will lose faith, others will deny the obvious. It's gonna get ugly.
But that's the whole point, isn't it?

As Christ has said "those who will not pass through the door of mercy must go through the door of justice."

Upvote 0

Adzinfi

Sep 27, 2017
Suva
✟1,161.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is one particular thing that occurs .the son of lawlessness Wil be revealed. Lawless means opposing and ignoring all law .but whose laws? Gods.
They will make a law against God.
Since we see right now many laws against God are being made specifically in the ssm arena.
And that more of these laws have been made in only 20 years then in 2000 years .we know the time is now at hand.

Upvote 0