How Trump and Obama answered the same question...

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Taken from a "AMA" that is, "Ask me anything" on reddit. Trumps was held today, Obama's a few years ago. The difference in thought given to the answers to the question is enlightening.

s4CXBF.png

If Hillary manages to get elected I don't want to see any whining about third party spoilers, or those mean conservatives who didn't vote for Orange.

There were plenty of people up for the Republican primary, many of them with years of experience. You didn't want them, you wanted the guy who was good with quips and fast responses.

This election is going to be hilarious.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟912,767.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Taken from a "AMA" that is, "Ask me anything" on reddit. Trumps was held today, Obama's a few years ago. The difference in thought given to the answers to the question is enlightening.

s4CXBF.png

If Hillary manages to get elected I don't want to see any whining about third party spoilers, or those mean conservatives who didn't vote for Orange.

There were plenty of people up for the Republican primary, many of them with years of experience. You didn't want them, you wanted the guy who was good with quips and fast responses.

I see it more as terrifying personally.

Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟906,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

It would be hilarious if it wasn't such a serious thing.

It's a sad day when both front-running candidates for the Presidency's primary qualification is either "Not a Democrat" or "Not a Republican".

The petty loyalty to a party regardless of candidate is pretty ridiculous.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
(Bolding mine)

Only if you haven't been paying attention.

Like, I get it, this is a very clear and obvious example of the issue that really doesn't take much thought to see through, and I'm glad you made this thread because this is actually really, really funny... but Trump's been showing how little thought and understanding he has for the issues pretty much since day one.

Seriously, to date, how many serious policy proposals has Trump put forward? "Build a wall" - except that many of his supporters think that that's not a proposal, but rather more of a joke. "Stop muslim immigration" - there's one. "Fix our trade deals" doesn't count as a serious policy proposal any more than "fix our debt" or "fix our roads" or "end terrorism" do - those are empty platitudes meant to appeal to people who can't tell the difference between "I want to do something" and "here's how I'm going to do that something". (Hint: only one of those actually indicates any ability to get the job done.) The rare cases he's gone into any detail on policy, he's shown a frightening lack of understanding, such as his China deal, which the conservative outlet "The Federalist" detailed in an articled titled, no joke, "Almost Everything Trump Says About Trade With China is Wrong".

That might be why he almost never does. It's all just vague platitudes. "I alone can solve." "Beginning on January 21, 2017, safety will be restored." There's never anything to back that up, rarely even really a coherent or accurate explanation of the problem, and never the sort of analysis you see from... Oh, I dunno, Hillary Clinton. You want to see Clinton's plan on criminal justice reform, in a pretty reasonable amount of detail? Boom, done. You want her plan on bringing back manufacturing jobs with a clear outline of how she intends to get it done? Here ya go. You want to see not just what her position is but also how she plans to further that position on any of a few dozen issues? It's all right here. The screenshot in the OP could just as easily be between Clinton's issues page and Trump's positions page. And it's not like he's really delving deep into those very few issues, either: as others have pointed out, his tax plan is a complete mess.

Really, this is just more of the same. But people don't support Trump because he thinks well. It's because he feels good. Who cares that his answer to this question is nonsensical and stupid while Obama's was carefully thought-out and reasonable? Trump voters sure don't. Otherwise we wouldn't be looking at an election featuring a cross between a racist howler monkey and a cantaloupe.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟912,767.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
C'mon folks the nation will survive a President Trump or the second President Clinton.

To be clear I see this election as more of a symptom of the underlying issues we are facing. Those issues are what I find frightening. Though neither candidate is exactly wholesome and a good choice.

Upvote 0

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals

s4CXBF.png

What makes this all the better? Trump didn't do his AMA in reddit.com/r/ama - he did it on his own subreddit which was carefully moderated and controlled to create a "safe space" for the Donald. Because never before have Donald Trump supporters decried the concept of safe spaces.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟488,163.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It would be hilarious if it wasn't such a serious thing.

It's a sad day when both front-running candidates for the Presidency's primary qualification is either "Not a Democrat" or "Not a Republican".

I thought it was "Not a politician" vs. "Not Trump". Not that it changes your conclusions much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What makes this all the better? Trump didn't do his AMA in reddit.com/r/ama - he did it on his own subreddit which was carefully moderated and controlled to create a "safe space" for the Donald. Because never before have Donald Trump supporters decried the concept of safe spaces.

I did not know that! Thank you for the info.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hopefully, she won't whine about it either. She is using it. She wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite or anything.

I have no problem with them putting limits on spending or contributions.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hopefully, she won't whine about it either. She is using it. She wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite or anything.

I have no problem with them putting limits on spending or contributions.
Yeah it's hilariously hypocritical talking about how horrible Citizens United was then gleefully using money gotten by using that system.

Upvote 0