The mystery of the missing binder: How a collection of raw Russian intelligence disappeared under Trump

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Does it really matter? If the evidence they already have is presented to a fair and impartial jury, it is enough to convict him tens of times over.

Are we still talking about the binder?

Since the pilfered documents case is in Palm Beach County with a Trump-appointed judge, it is the venue least likely to find a fair and impartial jury.

I don't see any reason to assume that. They tried to plea deal Hunter with some bogus shenanigans in Biden's home state with one of his judges...and they weren't having it.

In terms of the insurrection case, several states have already weighed the evidence (Colorado and Maine) and found it compelling enough to remove his name from the primary ballots.

As far as I can tell...he's already back to the ballot in Colorado. The Republican Party appealed the case to the SCOTUS. The judgment is stayed until they make a decision....which may not happen before the election.

I would expect the same in Maine.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What's in the binder is just garnish in a case with mountains of evidence.

The Maine case presents different issues than the Colorado case. Same crook at the center, banned by the AG in Maine and the courts in CO.

Progressive pundits say a few conservative justices may side with liberals on this one; they don't want a dictator who will take away their power.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where's the evidence?

We already know that the intelligence community covered for old Joe once to help his election chances.

A few corrections here, this being the first falsehood. Instead, we know some former intelligence officers said that the Hunter laptop story had the earmarks of Russian propaganda -- but that they had no evidence.

Regardless, that is not the "intelligence community", if was some people that previously had worked in the intelligence community. In fact, the "intelligence community" came out and said that Hunter's laptop was not Russian Propaganda. I won't claim that the Intelligence Community was covering for Trump; but it clearly shows they were not covering for Biden.

We already know a whole team of FBI agents grabbed everything Trump had and then some.

No, we don't know that. We know that the FBI executed a search warrant at Mar-A-Lago and found some Classified documents stored there. We also know that less than a month later, Trump's lawyers found more Classified documents in a storage locker rented by Trump and turned them in -- proof that the FBI agents did not "grabbed everything."

Instead, we seem to have learned that Trump wanted his documents moved to his Bedford Golf Course, and that it appears likely some of them had been moved there (though none have been turned over since the storage locker).

We already know this administration has spread misinformation online to win elections.

Actually, we don't. We know this administration, before they were in office, asked Twitter to remove naked pictured of Hunter. We also know the Trump Administration were telling Twitter to remove posts that were negative about Pres. Trump. So, even if you want to maintain this administration has done it, it is a "both sides" thing.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A few corrections here, this being the first falsehood. Instead, we know some former intelligence officers said that the Hunter laptop story had the earmarks of Russian propaganda -- but that they had no evidence.

Those aren't really corrections. Former intelligence officers? Do you know what they do now? They run a private intel company. The majority of signers work for that private intel company. Above all....do you think that is how intel gets assessed? Without a glimpse of the evidence?

Or do you think the majority of left wing outlets lied? It's not as if they prominently said its an evaluation based on nothing. They definitely framed it as a professional opinion.

Which one is the one spreading misinformation during the election? Our own intel community or the majority of left wing media?

No, we don't know that. We know that the FBI executed a search warrant at Mar-A-Lago and found some Classified documents stored there. We also know that less than a month later, Trump's lawyers found more Classified documents in a storage locker rented by Trump and turned them in -- proof that the FBI agents did not "grabbed everything."

Whoa...we know they grabbed a lot more than classified documents.

We know they found....300ish classified docs in the 200,000 documents they grabbed?

If you think there were binders full of blank pages that got left behind...you're wrong. They grabbed all they could find.
Instead, we seem to have learned that Trump wanted his documents moved to his Bedford Golf Course, and that it appears likely some of them had been moved there (though none have been turned over since the storage locker).

And? Do you think you've come up with some possibilities that the FBI hasn't explored? How difficult do you think it would be for them to get approval to search it?

Actually, we don't. We know this administration, before they were in office, asked Twitter to remove naked pictured of Hunter. We also know the Trump Administration were telling Twitter to remove posts that were negative about Pres. Trump. So, even if you want to maintain this administration has done it, it is a "both sides" thing.

I'm sorry if you bought into the sorry media narrative that Trump asking for Chrissy Teigan's post to be removed....because it used expletives and violated TOS....that somehow this is a "both sides" thing...I don't know what to tell you. Removing an ugly post from Chrissy Teagan that violated TOS isn't quite the same thing as removing criticism of Biden and his agenda that violated no TOS in any way. It's not the same as labeling US citizens as Russian propagandists and banning them from the platform when there's no evidence they are working for Russia. It's not the same as some airheaded humanities major who can't even spell evolutionary microbiology removing the opinion of experts who thought covid came from a lab.

I don't have to know what you think. I already know what the judge ruled...and every judge appealed to agrees with him. If the SCOTUS does....then regardless of who wins in 2024...hundreds of people across 5-6 federal agencies, and several private and quasi-private institutions should be jailed for the worst violation of free speech in history.

The only hiccup of course is the Democratic Party is running the guilty culprits. They've been pressuring everyone they can...from Musk to Clarence Thomas. They're trying to remove any competition from the ballots. They won't even drag Biden's corpse in front of a crowd for 2 hours because he can't really hold it together for 10 minutes.

But yeah...other than that, this should be a normal "election".

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those aren't really corrections. Former intelligence officers? Do you know what they do now? They run a private intel company. The majority of signers work for that private intel company.

Great, so that is one "intel" company -- a left leaning one, at that -- and not the "intel community. Your claim continues to be false.

Above all....do you think that is how intel gets assessed? Without a glimpse of the evidence?

Yes, having worked closely with military intelligence, I have a good idea of how intelligence is assessed. And if you actually bother to read their letter, they don't claim to have "assessed the intelligence." They merely stated that it matched how Russian Intelligence had done things previously. They also clearly stated that they did not know if the emails were genuine or not, they had no actual evidence, just their experience made them deeply suspicious.

Or do you think the majority of left wing outlets lied? It's not as if they prominently said its an evaluation based on nothing. They definitely framed it as a professional opinion.

Which one is the one spreading misinformation during the election? Our own intel community or the majority of left wing media?

I would say if there were media outlets that presented the letter as more than it was, they they were wrong and may have lied. I also know that several here have lied, claiming the letter came from the CIA, etc. And let us not pretend the right wing has been innocent, particularly the Trump campaign, which tried to push the fact during the election that it proved Joe Biden was involved in "bribery" or other such charges. As we've learned, the laptop does no such thing, regardless of many Republicans wish to push that agenda.

Whoa...we know they grabbed a lot more than classified documents.

We know they found....300ish classified docs in the 200,000 documents they grabbed?

If you think there were binders full of blank pages that got left behind...you're wrong. They grabbed all they could find.

And? Do you think you've come up with some possibilities that the FBI hasn't explored? How difficult do you think it would be for them to get approval to search it?

You do realize that is what happens in a search warrant? Police will grab anything and everything that might be related to what they are searching for, it was no different in this case. They don't have the time while performing the search to sift through all the documents (particularly 200,000) to see if they are pertinent or not. Instead, they take all of it and sort it at a time and place where they aren't "exposed" and have plenty of time to examine everything. It still doesn't change the fact that more documents have been found since the search warrant, so again, it was false that they got everything.

As for if there was more, I would imagine Trump is trying to be much more careful of any documents he may have (and I'm not claiming he does), and even moving the documents frequently, to prevent any search warrant from being able to take them away from him.
I'm sorry if you bought into the sorry media narrative that Trump asking for Chrissy Teigan's post to be removed....because it used expletives and violated TOS....that somehow this is a "both sides" thing...I don't know what to tell you. Removing an ugly post from Chrissy Teagan that violated TOS isn't quite the same thing as removing criticism of Biden and his agenda that violated no TOS in any way.
It's not the same as labeling US citizens as Russian propagandists and banning them from the platform when there's no evidence they are working for Russia. It's not the same as some airheaded humanities major who can't even spell evolutionary microbiology removing the opinion of experts who thought covid came from a lab.

I don't have to know what you think. I already know what the judge ruled...and every judge appealed to agrees with him. If the SCOTUS does....then regardless of who wins in 2024...hundreds of people across 5-6 federal agencies, and several private and quasi-private institutions should be jailed for the worst violation of free speech in history.

Actually, it is exactly the same as asking that Hunter Biden's nude pics (which violated TOS) be removed. So again, a both sides thing.

As for the COVID issues and silencing, again, that started occurring under the Trump administration -- but that wasn't what you were talking about being "spreading misinformation online to win an election." At best you are moving the goal posts...

To be honest, manipulating the press is something that has been going on at least since the Bush administration, if not before. I was against it then and am against it now but it is something that has been done by both sides -- and each administration tries to take it to the next level. It would be good if that is finally put to an end.

The only hiccup of course is the Democratic Party is running the guilty culprits. They've been pressuring everyone they can...from Musk to Clarence Thomas. They're trying to remove any competition from the ballots. They won't even drag Biden's corpse in front of a crowd for 2 hours because he can't really hold it together for 10 minutes.

But yeah...other than that, this should be a normal "election".

So I keep hearing but I'm not seeing evidence of that. Yes, the Colorado Supreme Court decided to remove Trump from the ballot in the Republican primary, after the Secretary of State was sued by Republicans. So they were all appointed by Democratic governors; but they have also won reelection in the state and there is the idea of the independent judiciary -- that judges rule by the law and Constitution and not by their political opinions. Unless you want to claim we can't trust the Republican majority US Supreme Court, that they rule by their political opinions and not the law and Constitution?

As for the other, yes, the Maine Secretary of State decided Trump is off the ballot there, based on Maine law. California has apparently decided Trump stays, and in Michigan it was decided Michigan law, unlike Colorado and Maine laws, didn't allow them to remove candidates from a primary ballot. I've seen nothing from the DNC or the White House that they are working to remove competition from the ballot. Perhaps you have some type of evidence you'd like to share, are you lying, or is this just some talking point you are regurgitating?

More to the point, besides two states believing Trump supported Insurrection, what other candidates are "Democrats" trying to remove from the ballot?

And I've seen zero evidence of trying to remove Clarence Thomas, despite claims. Again, perhaps you have some type of evidence to support this claim? Beyond that, what ballot is Clarence Thomas even appearing on? Isn't he a Supreme Court justice for life, unless impeached or he retires (and there is zero evidence that they are trying to impeach him, and no chance -- based on what is currently known -- that he would be removed from office)?

• Winner
Reactions: Gene2memE
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Great, so that is one "intel" company -- a left leaning one, at that -- and not the "intel community. Your claim continues to be false.

Why would former CIA agents who run private intel companies and write articles for left wing media outlets not be considered a part of the intel community?

Am I supposed to believe that the rest of the intel community disagreed with them but decided it was more important to keep quiet than stop the spread of misinformation?

Yes, having worked closely with military intelligence, I have a good idea of how intelligence is assessed.

Is it ever assessed without any examination of sources, the intel itself, or any evidence related to the intel?

I know the answer here...I'm just curious if you do.

And if you actually bother to read their letter, they don't claim to have "assessed the intelligence."

They are rendering an assessment though...that's how I know they lied.

How can they conclude it has "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation" of they didn't look at it?

BTW, it has zero hallmarks of Russian disinformation. At no point have the Russians disguised themselves as Hunter Biden or the son of any important elected officials and turned laptops over to repairmen in the hopes of that repairman then turning over the laptop to the FBI.

That's a bonkers plot....the Russians have never done anything like it. Even the goofy stuff they've tried isn't remotely similar.

They merely stated that it matched how Russian Intelligence had done things previously

In what way?

I would say if there were media outlets that presented the letter as more than it was, they they were wrong and may have lied.

If??? Have you been living in a cave? Many haven't even bothered to fix their lies.

Does CNN do anything but cast doubt on the laptop? Does CNN mention that the assessment doesn't include any evidence?

Does CNN lie about an ongoing investigation into Russian disinformation despite the fact that the FBI had it for a year at that point and knew it wasn't disinformation? Not only did they know it wasn't disinformation....they lied about investigations into the very possibility it was disinformation.

Can we at least agree anyone reading CNN's article was lied to....and it's very likely that the intel community helped?

I also know that several here have lied, claiming the letter came from the CIA, etc.

You don't have to take my word for it...look up the names on the letter. You can see where they work, where they used to work, and who they write articles for. The idea that these experts and media weren't working together is ludicrous.

And let us not pretend the right wing has been innocent, particularly the Trump campaign, which tried to push the fact during the election that it proved Joe Biden was involved in "bribery" or other such charges.

They wanted him investigated for bribery....a crime there's more evidence of than any Russia/Trump collusion.

As we've learned, the laptop does no such thing, regardless of many Republicans wish to push that agenda.

What do you mean it does no such thing? Who's telling you that? The outlets that lied to you?

Shouldn't the years of lies result in some skepticism? At some point you're arguing that I should trust these people who deliberately lied about Russian disinformation....and what's the new story? Trump is hiding secret stuff he may pass to the Russians?

Shall we go over the long long list of lies they've sold that the public, left and right, bought?

You do realize that is what happens in a search warrant? Police will grab anything and everything that might be related to what they are searching for, it was no different in this case.

Not exactly the same but you're making my point for me. You've got sinister tales of connections between Trump and Russia....3 elections in a row....and the last two were lies.

At what point does this become willful ignorance?

They don't have the time while performing the search to sift through all the documents (particularly 200,000) to see if they are pertinent or not. Instead, they take all of it and sort it at a time and place where they aren't "exposed" and have plenty of time to examine everything.

I never claimed they sifted through it on site. I don't see what that has to do with anything?

It still doesn't change the fact that more documents have been found since the search warrant, so again, it was false that they got everything.

To be clear....you mean this?

Documents turned over by Trump.

That's what you're referring to here?

As for if there was more, I would imagine Trump is trying to be much more careful of any documents he may have (and I'm not claiming he does),

If he has any more and he hasn't destroyed them by now....they are dirt on political enemies.

and even moving the documents frequently, to prevent any search warrant from being able to take them away from him.

I don't care that you think this is a big deal.

Biden moved stacks of documents....six boxes full...from an office he used for meeting the Chinese. He sent two different lawyers who collected two different sets and turned them in when he felt he had his tracks covered. He didn't have these forv6 months....he had them for 6-7 years.

If one bothers you and not the other....you're just a hypocrite.

And before you say he obeyed requests to turn them in...keep in mind, as part of the federal government, the national archives didn't request anything of Biden for seven years until he had carefully sent various attorneys to collect his docs.

If it's not apparent to you that the National Archives doesn't issueant document requests because they don't actually keep track of documents....and the only way they would issue a request is if it came from the DOJ or Biden himself, idk what to tell you. Biden complying with himself after he thought he moved all his docs....and learning he was wrong and still had more isn't something I give him credit for.

Actually, it is exactly the same as asking that Hunter Biden's nude pics (which violated TOS) be removed. So again, a both sides thing.

Is that why you think 50+ FBI agents were embedded in Twitter? Are you aware that employees disagreed with the removal of many posts and blocking of users but were pressured.

I'm aware that again....you were lied to and don't understand the truth. Let's look at the ruling.

The case.

The accusation.

They claimed that the federal government pressured social media companies to censor conservative views and criticism of the Biden administration in violation of the right to freedom of expression.

The defense.

The government said it had only made requests, not demands, that social media operators remove misinformation.

The judgment.

In his 155-page ruling, Doughty wrote: "The Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the Government has used its power to silence the opposition. Opposition to COVID-19 vaccines; opposition to COVID-19 masking and lockdowns; opposition to the lab-leak theory of COVID-19; opposition to the validity of the 2020 election; opposition to President Biden’s policies; statements that the Hunter Biden laptop story was true; and opposition to policies of the government officials in power. All were suppressed. It is quite telling that each example or category of suppressed speech was conservative in nature. This targeted suppression of conservative ideas is a perfect example of viewpoint discrimination of political speech. American citizens have the right to engage in free debate about the significant issues affecting the country."[15] He continued: "If the allegations made by plaintiffs are true, the present case arguably involves the most massive attack against free speech in United States' history. The plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the government has used its power to silence the opposition."[14]

How many appellate judges agreed? All of them. Not a single dissent. Just one modification of the injunction.

So, again, if you read left wing sources....and since you parrot their talking points I am assuming you do...you were lied to, again.

See this is the problem....instead of modifying your view of these news sources as one rationally would when they learn they're being lied to....you seem to simply dismiss it and continue to believe the lies. I'm not saying there's a bunch of trustworthy sources...I listened to about 8 hours of testimony. This has been an accusation of Twitter for a long time.

While it's cute that you dismiss this as a long standing practice....why didn't you agree with Trump when he called them on it? When he was saying "fake news" he was correct. When people were claiming he threatened freedom of the press....so what? The whole point of freedom of the press is that they hold government officials accountable. If they don't, they aren't really free.

As for the COVID issues and silencing, again, that started occurring under the Trump administration -- but that wasn't what you were talking about being "spreading misinformation online to win an election."

It's entirely possible that some of that was done under Trump....without his knowledge. The case was made against Biden for good reason.

It would be good if that is finally put to an end.

I don't see Biden holding himself accountable. He's denied subpoenas and tried to slow walk his own impeachment. To hold anyone accountable...a republican has to win.

So I keep hearing but I'm not seeing evidence of that. Yes, the Colorado Supreme Court decided to remove Trump from the ballot in the Republican primary, after the Secretary of State was sued by Republicans. So they were all appointed by Democratic governors; but they have also won reelection in the state and there is the idea of the independent judiciary -- that judges rule by the law and Constitution and not by their political opinions. Unless you want to claim we can't trust the Republican majority US Supreme Court, that they rule by their political opinions and not the law and Constitution?

Well...it's hard to say.

From what I can see...they tend to judge according to popular will.

If you think that Trump pushing Pence to not certify a vote could have resulted in an unjustified Trump presidency....I find that unlikely. Martial law would have taken over until the matter could be sorted.

If you believe however, that Pence not following orders saved the nation...I guess it's a big deal. Trump shouldn't have tried to use a creative loophole seize power.

But if you believe that....neither should Biden. Insurrection is poorly defined because it was post civil war....they all knew what it meant. The southern confederacy states had engaged in insurrection. January 6th isn't really that clear. Sure....some were there to cause problems....largely, it was not an issue.

As for the other, yes, the Maine Secretary of State decided Trump is off the ballot there, based on Maine law. California has apparently decided Trump stays, and in Michigan it was decided Michigan law, unlike Colorado and Maine laws, didn't allow them to remove candidates from a primary ballot. I've seen nothing from the DNC or the White House that they are working to remove competition from the ballot. Perhaps you have some type of evidence you'd like to share, are you lying, or is this just some talking point you are regurgitating?

Yeah absolutely...have you looked at the group filing these claims?

More to the point, besides two states believing Trump supported Insurrection, what other candidates are "Democrats" trying to remove from the ballot?

RFK Jr.

And I've seen zero evidence of trying to remove Clarence Thomas,
Did I say remove,

despite claims. Again, perhaps you have some type of evidence to support this claim? Beyond that, what ballot is Clarence Thomas even appearing on? Isn't he a Supreme Court justice for life, unless impeached or he retires (and there is zero evidence that they are trying to impeach him, and no chance -- based on what is currently known -- that he would be removed from office)?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would former CIA agents who run private intel companies and write articles for left wing media outlets not be considered a part of the intel community?

When did I say they were not a part of the Intel community? Your claim was that it was THE Intel Community that had declared the laptop a fraud -- and I pointed out that it was false. This one relatively small (compared to the rest of the Intel world) was basically the only one who made this statement. Perhaps you can tell me how the National Director of National Intelligence, who stated it was not Russian Intelligence, does not speak for the Intel Community?

Am I supposed to believe that the rest of the intel community disagreed with them but decided it was more important to keep quiet than stop the spread of misinformation?

Again, the Director of National Intelligence came out within a day and said the laptop was not Russian Intelligence. I would also expect, just as I faced in the military, that most members of the Intelligence Community that work for the government, actually have rules prohibiting them from talking to the press unless specifically told to by superiors.

Is it ever assessed without any examination of sources, the intel itself, or any evidence related to the intel?

I know the answer here...I'm just curious if you do.

Sounds exactly how we got into the second war with Iraq, where there was no real examination of Intelligence, we just assumed that Saddam had Chemical Weapons (since those that examined the intelligence actually went against orders and stated the intelligence did not support chemical weapons stockpiles).

They are rendering an assessment though...that's how I know they lied.

How can they conclude it has "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation" of they didn't look at it?

They look at things Russia has done in the past. For example, Russia has been known for hacking emails of a person, making a copy, creating new, fake emails. They then "release" all the emails -- possibly by copying the data they stole from the computer to a laptop and giving it to a computer repairman who will release the information from them. And, if you actually read the letter, that is exactly what they say, while acknowledging they cannot confirm that is what happened in this case, since they had not seen the laptop or intelligence.

BTW, it has zero hallmarks of Russian disinformation.

Actually, it does -- as their letter states. That it isn't actually Russian disinformation doesn't change the fact that it appears as if it could be. It is much the same as if you go into a bar and sit for a few hours, by yourself, then people finding out about the hours spent there might assume you are drunk. Now, it is possible you didn't drink but it doesn't mean that reasonable people wouldn't assume that you had.

At no point have the Russians disguised themselves as Hunter Biden or the son of any important elected officials and turned laptops over to repairmen in the hopes of that repairman then turning over the laptop to the FBI.

Who made that claim -- I've seen no such claim anywhere. And how do you know it didn't happen? How hard would it be for Russian Intelligence to get someone who looks a bit like Hunter (or not at all, since we know the repairman was blind and claims not to remember who dropped the laptop off) and how would we know if it happened or not?

Instead, what I've typically seen is that Russia hacked Hunter's laptop while he was at Burisma (and there is some evidence that points to the Russians running intelligence operations at Burisma in that time frame). Then they add the things they want and, when Giuliani is in Ukraine they turn it over to him.

That's a bonkers plot....the Russians have never done anything like it. Even the goofy stuff they've tried isn't remotely similar.

Your evidence that they've never done something like this? This is exactly the type of thing they do. To give you a concrete example: "In October of last year, Satter received a phishing email that spoofed a message from Google security requiring him to enter his Gmail account credentials, the same tactic used to breach the inbox of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta last year. Satter, too, fell for the ruse.

"Later that month, a Russian hacker group calling itself CyberBerkut released a collection of emails from Satter's inbox.... The original message had included a report by Satter on Russia-focused work for Radio Liberty, the US government-backed news outlet. But the version of the report released by CyberBerkut had been altered to make it appear that Satter was instead coordinating the publication of critical articles on a wide swath of Russian opposition websites, including the site of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny."

Again, this is a common trick among Russian Intelligence and dates to the Cold War era (when they had to physically get copies of the information, it is much easier now that they can just "hack" and directly copy the information from a computer).

In what way?

I've shown above.

If??? Have you been living in a cave? Many haven't even bothered to fix their lies.

Does CNN do anything but cast doubt on the laptop? Does CNN mention that the assessment doesn't include any evidence?

Does CNN lie about an ongoing investigation into Russian disinformation despite the fact that the FBI had it for a year at that point and knew it wasn't disinformation? Not only did they know it wasn't disinformation....they lied about investigations into the very possibility it was disinformation.

Can we at least agree anyone reading CNN's article was lied to....and it's very likely that the intel community helped?

Is CNN part of the Intelligence Community, too? You seem to be trying to further move the goalposts.

You don't have to take my word for it...look up the names on the letter. You can see where they work, where they used to work, and who they write articles for. The idea that these experts and media weren't working together is ludicrous.

What experts? Again, who that was working at the CIA (or the NIA, for that matter) was directly working with media? Or are you claiming that private citizens (those not working in government) aren't allowed to have political opinions and find the drop as an October Surprise highly suspicious?

They wanted him investigated for bribery....a crime there's more evidence of than any Russia/Trump collusion.

Okay, though it seems questionable there is more evidence. It seems, at this point, to be much the same. In both cases, it seems to be political leaders who push "fake stories" in the media to make it look like they have actual evidence. But, as we heard from the expert witnesses that were called in the last public hearing on impeachment, they have presented zero actual evidence so far.

What do you mean it does no such thing? Who's telling you that? The outlets that lied to you?

I'm stating there is no direct evidence of bribery on the laptop. Republicans on Capital Hill have full access to the alleged information that was on the laptop -- it was even put into the Congressional Record by Matt Gates. Yet, despite this being fully accessible, there is still no real evidence of bribery by Joe Biden. The best the laptop can do is state that "the big guy" was going to get 10% of a deal that fell through and was to occur at a time when Joe Biden was not serving in any government office. And it is a person that was copied on the email, and allegedly groomed by the Trump campaign at the same time the laptop was released (trying to get the Wall Street Journal to run the article), that claims Joe Biden is "the big guy," while the author of the email states that Joe Biden was not "the big guy" and was never involved in the deal.

The best you can claim about the laptop is that it shows Hunter may have broken some laws, though even then the laptop is not enough, by itself, to try him for any charges.

Shouldn't the years of lies result in some skepticism? At some point you're arguing that I should trust these people who deliberately lied about Russian disinformation....and what's the new story? Trump is hiding secret stuff he may pass to the Russians?

Shall we go over the long long list of lies they've sold that the public, left and right, bought?

Oh, you mean like the various lies about Hillary over the years, including "Benghazi" which resulted in something like seven different Congressional investigations, the last one admitted to having been done solely to hurt Clinton's chances at becoming President? What about Comey's various lies about what his committee can prove -- the worst being when he didn't attend when Devon Archer testified and then went on the news claiming the things Republicans believed Devon Archer would say, that was the opposite of what Devon Archer actually testified to. Yes, there should be plenty of skepticism -- which makes it interesting that you have zero skepticism about the laptop but seemingly believe it provides "evidence" of Joe Biden's corruption (the only reason why it would make a difference if it was downplayed during the 2020 election).

Not exactly the same but you're making my point for me. You've got sinister tales of connections between Trump and Russia....3 elections in a row....and the last two were lies.

At what point does this become willful ignorance?

I never claimed they sifted through it on site. I don't see what that has to do with anything?

Because you kept complaining about all the other documents they took, just not the Classified ones. They did it because it is standard when they execute search warrants, not because of any "conspiracy" against Trump -- and nothing to do with Russia.

Continued below...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be clear....you mean this?

Documents turned over by Trump.

That's what you're referring to here?

You claimed the FBI got all the documents, that proves they didn't. And, yes, Trump was hiding documents from his lawyers as well, as he knew his lawyers (if they don't want to be disbarred) would not lie and would likely turn over the documents to the government. It isn't a surprise that Trump's lawyers found the documents and turned them over. I believe Trump would have stopped them, if he could have, but since they found them and would inform the government (again, to prevent punishments, that would include loss of attorney client privilege with Trump) they got turned in.

If he has any more and he hasn't destroyed them by now....they are dirt on political enemies.

I don't care that you think this is a big deal.

Nice to know that you apparently only care about lawbreaking by the Democrats, it is ok when it is politicians you support.

Biden moved stacks of documents....six boxes full...from an office he used for meeting the Chinese. He sent two different lawyers who collected two different sets and turned them in when he felt he had his tracks covered. He didn't have these forv6 months....he had them for 6-7 years.

If one bothers you and not the other....you're just a hypocrite.

And you can prove he had knowledge they were there? From what it sounds like, he left the White House and the documents were stored in that closet, and the boxes had never been opened. There is no evidence Biden looked at them -- though I'll agree that doesn't prove he didn't. More to the point, there is zero evidence Biden ever showed the documents to anyone, unlike Trump.

And I never said it doesn't bother me. I've stated in previous threads, particularly given my military intelligence background, that I abhor the way Classified Documents are treated by leaders in our government and that there need to be better controls. But what Trump did, where he was actively trying to hide documents from the government, is far different.

And before you say he obeyed requests to turn them in...keep in mind, as part of the federal government, the national archives didn't request anything of Biden for seven years until he had carefully sent various attorneys to collect his docs.

If it's not apparent to you that the National Archives doesn't issueant document requests because they don't actually keep track of documents....and the only way they would issue a request is if it came from the DOJ or Biden himself, idk what to tell you. Biden complying with himself after he thought he moved all his docs....and learning he was wrong and still had more isn't something I give him credit for.

And if you look at it critically, it is true that the National Archives doesn't keep track of the Classified Documents used during an Administration -- that is something the Administration is supposed to be doing. Maybe that should change.

But the difference is, the documents the National Archives knew were missing from Trump were largely ones that had been in the news, frequently ones Trump had "bragged" about -- and many weren't Classified. Among the missing documents were the letters from Kim Jung-Un, the "Sharpie-gate" weather map, etc. They only listed about 50 or 60 total documents they were looking for because those are the ones that were high profile enough they knew they'd be missing. So, what were the documents that Joe Biden kept, in fact, what documents can you think of that were prominent enough that the National Archive would have been looking for them?

Last, Biden didn't try to keep the documents after they became "known." When his lawyers found him, whether Biden knew about them before or not, they were immediately turned over. He then invited the FBI to search his home, where the remaining few documents were found. That is far different from the DoJ having to get a search warrant, after claims that everything has been turned over, but the search finds more Classified documents that, as the evidence appears to support, Trump knew that he had and had "hidden."

Is that why you think 50+ FBI agents were embedded in Twitter? Are you aware that employees disagreed with the removal of many posts and blocking of users but were pressured.

I'm aware that again....you were lied to and don't understand the truth. Let's look at the ruling.

The case.

The accusation.

They claimed that the federal government pressured social media companies to censor conservative views and criticism of the Biden administration in violation of the right to freedom of expression.

The defense.

The government said it had only made requests, not demands, that social media operators remove misinformation.

The judgment.

In his 155-page ruling, Doughty wrote: "The Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the Government has used its power to silence the opposition. Opposition to COVID-19 vaccines; opposition to COVID-19 masking and lockdowns; opposition to the lab-leak theory of COVID-19; opposition to the validity of the 2020 election; opposition to President Biden’s policies; statements that the Hunter Biden laptop story was true; and opposition to policies of the government officials in power. All were suppressed. It is quite telling that each example or category of suppressed speech was conservative in nature. This targeted suppression of conservative ideas is a perfect example of viewpoint discrimination of political speech. American citizens have the right to engage in free debate about the significant issues affecting the country."[15] He continued: "If the allegations made by plaintiffs are true, the present case arguably involves the most massive attack against free speech in United States' history. The plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the government has used its power to silence the opposition."[14]

How many appellate judges agreed? All of them. Not a single dissent. Just one modification of the injunction.

So, again, if you read left wing sources....and since you parrot their talking points I am assuming you do...you were lied to, again.

See this is the problem....instead of modifying your view of these news sources as one rationally would when they learn they're being lied to....you seem to simply dismiss it and continue to believe the lies. I'm not saying there's a bunch of trustworthy sources...I listened to about 8 hours of testimony. This has been an accusation of Twitter for a long time.

While it's cute that you dismiss this as a long standing practice....why didn't you agree with Trump when he called them on it? When he was saying "fake news" he was correct. When people were claiming he threatened freedom of the press....so what? The whole point of freedom of the press is that they hold government officials accountable. If they don't, they aren't really free.

It's entirely possible that some of that was done under Trump....without his knowledge. The case was made against Biden for good reason.

Again, the double standard. Yes, a Republican AG was after the Biden administration and so the case was specifically for a single point of time under the Biden administration. Yet you hand wave away that this started under the Trump administration with "It's entirely possible that some of that was done under Trump....without his knowledge." If it is Biden it is "bad" and he had to know; if it is Trump, even when there is evidence he knew, it's somehow justifiable and no worse than what Biden did.

I don't see Biden holding himself accountable. He's denied subpoenas and tried to slow walk his own impeachment. To hold anyone accountable...a republican has to win.

Oh, and Trump cooperated so well with investigators. Odd, then, that we have the Special Prosecutor's report that says Trump engaged in obstruction of his investigation. Yes, again, plain to see the double standard.

Well...it's hard to say.

From what I can see...they tend to judge according to popular will.

If you think that Trump pushing Pence to not certify a vote could have resulted in an unjustified Trump presidency....I find that unlikely. Martial law would have taken over until the matter could be sorted.

Why? Where is the clause in the Constitution for the military to take over if there are irregularities in the Electoral College counting? Beyond that, I think you mistake what would have actually happened. Pence puts the "fake electors" forward for the state. Democrats, naturally, object and the electors are not certified. The night ends and, because the Electors from some states weren't certified, neither Trump nor Biden get enough votes to win the Presidency. So, Congress ends up voting -- and since in that vote each state gets 1 vote, and there are more "Republican controlled" states in Congress than "Democrat controlled" states, Congress votes in Trump as President.

Trump's plan never depended on the Electoral Votes actually being counted. There was a dual pronged plan -- the first was to use the fake electors and hope that, either through counting them or having them rejected, Trump ends up being declared the President. The second prong was to tie up the certification long enough that they don't get the vote certified on 1/6. Since that is the day the Constitution prescribes, if it doesn't finish that day, there is a strong argument that Congress would have to vote to determine the new President since the Electoral College count could not be certified in a timely manner. In neither case do you end up with "martial law" because the claim would be the Constitution "worked", and Congress "legally" declared a new President. Yes, it would have caused any number of issues and likely would have been far more damaging to the country than if there was merely martial law.

If you believe however, that Pence not following orders saved the nation...I guess it's a big deal. Trump shouldn't have tried to use a creative loophole seize power.

But if you believe that....neither should Biden. Insurrection is poorly defined because it was post civil war....they all knew what it meant. The southern confederacy states had engaged in insurrection. January 6th isn't really that clear. Sure....some were there to cause problems....largely, it was not an issue.

I'd be thrilled If neither Trump nor Biden was on the 2024 ballot.
Yeah absolutely...have you looked at the group filing these claims?

What, that they are anti-Trump? That's nice.

I've not seen the Democrats attempt to keep him off the ballot. Maybe you can show some concrete examples of where that has happened. Yes, they were limiting primaries this year -- though it is no different than what Republicans did with Trump in 2020 (or what the party with a sitting President typically does).

Did I say remove,

You seem to have been cut off here, or forgot to finish something.

Regardless, we've gotten off the point -- you've not supported your claims. I've shown, despite your going off in tangents and trying to "prove" things that were never originally claimed, that your examples in that first post were false. Perhaps we should get back on topic, about how a binder of Classified Information allegedly disappeared when last at the Trump White House.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump shouldn't have tried to use a creative loophole seize power.
That there is the whole ball game re Jan 6 - the attempt to seize power.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When did I say they were not a part of the Intel community?

Ok...now you're arguing semantics. If you somehow thought I meant every single member of every intel department or agency....I think you should be able to understand that I didn't.

Again, the Director of National Intelligence came out within a day and said the laptop was not Russian Intelligence.

Right. That didn't get much traction on the left though...did it?

I would also expect, just as I faced in the military, that most members of the Intelligence Community that work for the government, actually have rules prohibiting them from talking to the press unless specifically told to by superiors.

Oh OK.

Well rules aside...leaks are abound.

Are you saying that the FBI shouldn't prevent the spread of misinformation around elections?

Surely you're not suggesting that the FBI didn't know it was Hunter's laptop after holding it for a year. His password was Hunter02.

A brute force program would open that thing in under 5 minutes.

Sounds exactly how we got into the second war with Iraq, where there was no real examination of Intelligence, we just assumed that Saddam had Chemical Weapons (since those that examined the intelligence actually went against orders and stated the intelligence did not support chemical weapons stockpiles).

Golly...they lied?

They look at things Russia has done in the past. For example, Russia has been known for hacking emails of a person, making a copy, creating new, fake emails. They then "release" all the emails -- possibly by copying the data they stole from the computer to a laptop and giving it to a computer repairman who will release the information from them. And, if you actually read the letter, that is exactly what they say, while acknowledging they cannot confirm that is what happened in this case, since they had not seen the laptop or intelligence.

When this happened in the Hillary Clinton example....did they release "information" as in....facts, truth, reality....or did they modify it and released "disinformation or misinformation" as in lies, falsehoods, or untruths? That's a hacking btw...not a cracked out guy turning in a laptop to a repair shop.

The FBI had this for a year. It could be verified in less than a day. It's really simple....you call up Hunter, or his dad, tell them you got this from a repair shop and ask if it's his.

Done. Mystery solved. You're living in a fantasy land where the FBI don't know the basics of intel verification.

Actually, it does -- as their letter states.

No...it doesn't. Dirt on the political left doesn't equal Russian plot. Use your thinky tool.

That it isn't actually Russian disinformation doesn't change the fact that it appears as if it could be.

It could be people from the future trying to change the past. Why didn't they consider that?

It is much the same as if you go into a bar and sit for a few hours, by yourself, then people finding out about the hours spent there might assume you are drunk. Now, it is possible you didn't drink but it doesn't mean that reasonable people wouldn't assume that you had.

You're in intel? Seriously?

Imagine any sort of verification process and tell me what you'd do next. Pretend it's an election and you don't want to screw up and spread disinformation. How can you verify if person from bar is drunk. Maybe ask the bartender if he drank anything? Talk to him and see if his speech is slurred? Maybe call your peers at the FBI and ask them if he's drunk since he's been in their possession for a year?

Who made that claim -- I've seen no such claim anywhere. And how do you know it didn't happen?

Is this a serious question?

The obvious reason would be there's no way to know what the repairman will do with it. Will he store it? Throw it out? Wipe it and sell it?

Seems like a long shot that he's going to turn it over to the FBI.

Instead, what I've typically seen is that Russia hacked Hunter's laptop while he was at Burisma (and there is some evidence that points to the Russians running intelligence operations at Burisma in that time frame). Then they add the things they want and, when Giuliani is in Ukraine they turn it over to him.

Any evidence any of this happening?

Obviously, we all know it didn't happen...as even the people who lied to you eventually admitted the truth.

But was there any evidence of this bogus story that was floated as an explanation that you bought into?

Your evidence that they've never done something like this?

I've shown above.

I don't think you're showing what you think you did. You showed our intel lies to us. You cited Russian hackers telling the truth lol.

Is CNN part of the Intelligence Community, too? You seem to be trying to further move the goalposts.

1. You said if the media did not mention the lack of evidence of a Russian plot but suggested a Russian plot....they lied. That's an example.

2. I already told you...I looked at the names on the letter. I looked up the first 7-8. All work as paid contributors to left wing outlets. The possibility of there being some accidental miscommunication here is 0. They even debated the proper outlet to send the letter to first...I think they settled on Politico. As a result, Politico printed the story and it's extremely confusing....they say that "based on the evidence, it's likely a Russian plot, but they want to be clear they haven't actually seen evidence of a Russian plot". I'm paraphrasing here but that's the gist. From there, it's clear that only certain sections of the original story are then used in more "reputable" publications...suggesting its a Russian plot.

And keep in mind....since it's not possible that the FBI didn't know the truth, they did nothing to prevent the spread of misinformation, and in reality it appears they helped suppress the truth on social media.

That happened. You can't "if" or "maybe" your way out of it.

What experts? Again, who that was working at the CIA (or the NIA, for that matter) was directly working with media? Or are you claiming that private citizens (those not working in government) aren't allowed to have political opinions and find the drop as an October Surprise highly suspicious?

See above. I didn't bother with the entire list since I didn't come across a single person who didn't already work hand in freaking hand with left wing outlets.

I don't know what you're suggesting here. Someone spending decades in the CIA retires, continues doing intelligence work, and contributes to news outlets isn't an expert in intel?

I'm not saying he isn't allowed to do those things...but for an administration that swears we don't need to ensure election integrity and wants us to trust them to prevent the spread of misinformation around elections....

You're making a lot of excuses for their deliberate spread of misinformation.

Okay, though it seems questionable there is more evidence.

It's not. The Durham report revealed the extent of what they had on Trump before opening a full investigation. They had an unverified rumor from an unknown source, an Australian diplomat, talking about what he overhead secondhand. That's it.

The most basic thing they have on Biden is a highly credible, verified confidential informant (FBI's words,not mine) that they paid 200k to talk about 5 million dollar bribes to Joe and Hunter. This, with no explanation from the FBI has not been investigated....it's not something they will confirm, nor deny, nor answer any questions about.

I mean...seriously...be objective for one second and ask yourself....

Why did FBI director Wray keep his job after Biden took office? Nearly every other important appointment was vacated and Biden's people put in....yet Wray got to stay. A man appointed by, and who worked under Trump, at a very important position. Why keep him?

I'm stating there is no direct evidence of bribery on the laptop.

Oh?

Republicans on Capital Hill have full access to the alleged information that was on the laptop -- it was even put into the Congressional Record by Matt Gates.

No...they don't. They're subpoenas sent for emails that the Biden administration seems reluctant to make available.

Yet, despite this being fully accessible, there is still no real evidence of bribery by Joe Biden.

Other than the verified confidential informant, bank records, sheĺl companies, and a tremendous number of personal loans, and texts from Hunter soliciting bribes....yeah, they have nothing lol.

I'm not even listing everything. It's a lot. It at least merits a serious investigation. That's not happening though...they won't even cut lose a known crook like Menendez. They need the seat.

The best the laptop can do is state that "the big guy" was going to get 10% of a deal that fell through and was to occur at a time when Joe Biden was not serving in any government office. And it is a person that was copied on the email, and allegedly groomed by the Trump campaign at the same time the laptop was released (trying to get the Wall Street Journal to run the article), that claims Joe Biden is "the big guy," while the author of the email states that Joe Biden was not "the big guy" and was never involved in the deal.

The best you can claim about the laptop is that it shows Hunter may have broken some laws, though even then the laptop is not enough, by itself, to try him for any charges.

You're parroting the same narrative your media tells you. I read from any sources, and usually multiple sources. The idea there's no evidence is a flat out lie. I don't know if you've ever been to court....but we'd call this a preponderance of evidence.

Oh, you mean like the various lies about Hillary over the years, including "Benghazi" which resulted in something like seven different Congressional investigations, the last one admitted to having been done solely to hurt Clinton's chances at becoming President?

I argued against those investigations after the second one. It was a clear waste of time. A witch hunt. They didn't have any evidence.

That's not the federal government though....that's Congress.

What about Comey's various lies about what his committee can prove -- the worst being when he didn't attend when Devon Archer testified and then went on the news claiming the things Republicans believed Devon Archer would say, that was the opposite of what Devon Archer actually testified to.

What do you think Devon Archer said?

Enough to clear the Bidens or himself?

Yes, there should be plenty of skepticism -- which makes it interesting that you have zero skepticism about the laptop but seemingly believe it provides "evidence" of Joe Biden's corruption (the only reason why it would make a difference if it was downplayed during the 2020 election).
I've already proven there was a considerable coordinated effort to cover up the laptop. That happened.

Why do that if it's nothing? Go ahead, answer whenever you want. Then I'll be asking why the FBI won't investigate the evidence....when they spent years chasing a rumor.

Because you kept complaining about all the other documents they took, just not the Classified ones. They did it because it is standard when they execute search warrants, not because of any "conspiracy" against Trump -- and nothing to do with Russia.

Continued below...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not the federal government though....that's Congress.
The federal government has three branches - Congress is the legislative branch. Civics 101.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You claimed the FBI got all the documents, that proves they didn't.

Yup...two were missed by the raid.

Ty for the correction.

Do they have them all now? Should we assume Biden is sitting on multiple docs since they kept reporting them found...and found more afterwards?

And, yes, Trump was hiding documents from his lawyers as well, as he knew his lawyers (if they don't want to be disbarred) would not lie and would likely turn over the documents to the government. It isn't a surprise that Trump's lawyers found the documents and turned them over. I believe Trump would have stopped them, if he could have, but since they found them and would inform the government (again, to prevent punishments, that would include loss of attorney client privilege with Trump) they got turned in.

I don't think Trump knew about those 2.

Nice to know that you apparently only care about lawbreaking by the Democrats, it is ok when it is politicians you support.

When the Trump docs story broke...I said "who cares? They're all walking out the door with classified docs"

I was laughed at and let it go.

A couple months later, proven correct.

Don't sling some accusations at me. No....I'm not concerned about the docs. As president, he undoubtedly remembers enough classified information to be a multimillionaire many times over. The only way to guarantee the safety of classified information is to execute every president upon leaving office. These guys don't just have secret service around for protection...they are expected to report any suspicious spread of information.

And you can prove he had knowledge they were there?

You'd have to believe in some remarkable coincidences to think otherwise.

And I never said it doesn't bother me. I've stated in previous threads, particularly given my military intelligence background, that I abhor the way Classified Documents are treated by leaders in our government and that there need to be better controls. But what Trump did, where he was actively trying to hide documents from the government, is far different.

It's not different. If he was caught selling docs to a foreign power...it would be different, but we know Hillary destroyed servers when she learned of the investigation into her. She tried to hide her crime.

And if you look at it critically, it is true that the National Archives doesn't keep track of the Classified Documents used during an Administration

Obviously.

-- that is something the Administration is supposed to be doing. Maybe that should change.

I don't see much point in debating it.

But the difference is, the documents the National Archives knew were missing from Trump were largely ones that had been in the news, frequently ones Trump had "bragged" about -- and many weren't Classified.

Do you know which documents were recovered?

Is there some inherent problem with putting that information in the news?

If so....do you now understand why I'm skeptical about this new story? Why go to great lengths about the value of this "missing binder"? Isn't that a really dumb thing to do if it's true?

Among the missing documents were the letters from Kim Jung-Un, the "Sharpie-gate" weather map, etc. They only listed about 50 or 60 total documents they were looking for because those are the ones that were high profile enough they knew they'd be missing. So, what were the documents that Joe Biden kept, in fact, what documents can you think of that were prominent enough that the National Archive would have been looking for them?

I have no idea what was recovered. I know they were of the highest classified levels. No idea on the number or details.

Last, Biden didn't try to keep the documents after they became "known."

When he sent his lawyers to collect them.

A staffer put them there...but even though he's president, he decided to send lawyers. He didn't send a staffer.

Lawyers who enjoy confidentiality with their client.

That's the story you believe? Really?

Doesn't seem an odd request for a lawyer? Apparently it seems normal to ask a staffer....but a lawyer? Do they also do his laundry?

When his lawyers found him, whether Biden knew about them before or not, they were immediately turned over.

Which came after the National Archives, which are under the federal government, which Biden is in charge of....asked him to.

So essentially, he complied with himself once his lawyers had covered his tracks.

Am I expected to give him credit for that? Do you?

I am not claiming it's impossible. I just don't think it's likely.

He then invited the FBI to search his home, where the remaining few documents were found.

Those I genuinely believe he forgot about.

Again, the double standard. Yes, a Republican AG was after the Biden administration and so the case was specifically for a single point of time under the Biden administration. Yet you hand wave away that this started under the Trump administration with "It's entirely possible that some of that was done under Trump....without his knowledge."

Do you think Trump decided to put his own narrative out to the media....the suppress it online?

I'm conceding that some actions were definitely taken while Trump was in office. No one has suggested that they were taken at his request or permission.

I think if they could pin the biggest violation of free speech in history on Trump...they would.

They can't.
Oh, and Trump cooperated so well with investigators.

Right...he didn't cooperate. In fact, his associates didn't cooperate. They called it a sham investigation, a witch hunt.

It was. The most troubling evidence they found was Manafort sharing polling data with someone who he may have known was a Russian asset. Far less troubling than what we currently have on Biden
Why? Where is the clause in the Constitution for the military to take over if there are irregularities in the Electoral College counting?

Because there would be rioting. There would be violence in the streets. It would be the BLM riots times ten. Martial law would become a necessity.

Beyond that, I think you mistake what would have actually happened. Pence puts the "fake electors" forward for the state. Democrats, naturally, object and the electors are not certified. The night ends and, because the Electors from some states weren't certified, neither Trump nor Biden get enough votes to win the Presidency. So, Congress ends up voting -- and since in that vote each state gets 1 vote, and there are more "Republican controlled" states in Congress than "Democrat controlled" states, Congress votes in Trump as President.

Possibly, but there would still have been rioting and accusations of fraud.

Trump's plan never depended on the Electoral Votes actually being counted. There was a dual pronged plan -- the first was to use the fake electors and hope that, either through counting them or having them rejected, Trump ends up being declared the President. The second prong was to tie up the certification long enough that they don't get the vote certified on 1/6.

Wow. You've put a lot of imagination into this.

Since that is the day the Constitution prescribes, if it doesn't finish that day, there is a strong argument that Congress would have to vote to determine the new President since the Electoral College count could not be certified in a timely manner.

Nah. They would just delay certification. No offense but that's a really silly idea. "A timely manner" is not a January 6th requirement.

In neither case do you end up with "martial law" because the claim would be the Constitution "worked", and Congress "legally" declared a new President. Yes, it would have caused any number of issues and likely would have been far more damaging to the country than if there was merely martial law.

What would happen if half the country felt completely robbed by a technicality of legal process?

Because we saw what happened when they got upset about a cop who murdered a man...and was arrested for murder.

Would the reaction be better or worse?

I'd be thrilled If neither Trump nor Biden was on the 2024 ballot.

No disagreement there...but I think if you aren't convicting Trump on insurrection charges, he really should be on the ballot. Not a great idea to deny half the country over a technicality.

What, that they are anti-Trump? That's nice.

I've not seen the Democrats attempt to keep him off the ballot. Maybe you can show some concrete examples of where that has happened. Yes, they were limiting primaries this year -- though it is no different than what Republicans did with Trump in 2020 (or what the party with a sitting President typically does).

You aren't aware of the group filing claims to remove Trump from the ballot?

They have a website. They claim to be bipartisan. I can't find a single Republican or conservative though...so...I'm not sure they're bipartisan. They look extremely partisan.

You seem to have been cut off here, or forgot to finish something.

I did but I'll let it go.

Regardless, we've gotten off the point -- you've not supported your claims. I've shown, despite your going off in tangents and trying to "prove" things that were never originally claimed, that your examples in that first post were false.

You made a semantic argument about something I didn't say. I don't think you're dumb enough to think I was suggesting that the entire intelligence community was involved in writing a letter. You didn't disprove anything.

I did forget about the two documents that no one seems to care about. I conceded that.

Was there something else that think I got wrong?

Perhaps we should get back on topic, about how a binder of Classified Information allegedly disappeared when last at the Trump White House.

What binder? Who is making this claim? Are they trustworthy? Is anyone confirming it? If it's so important....why spread it on the news?

That there is the whole ball game re Jan 6 - the attempt to seize power.

Is the removal of Trump from ballots any different?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You aren't aware of the group filing claims to remove him?
You aren’t aware that there are different groups? Which did you mean?
Is the removal of Trump from ballots any different?
Yes. Removing an unqualified candidate is different from the president of the United States refusing to relinquish office when his term ended. That is a peculiar blind spot.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Those who do the coup should not be on the ballots. Especially if they are swiping classified intel.

You aren’t aware that there are different groups? Which did you mean?

Yes. Removing an unqualified candidate is different from the president of the United States refusing to relinquish office when his term ended. That is a peculiar blind spot.

What makes him unqualified?

He can be charged with insurrection...but he isn't.

A civil war era amendment change doesn't really apply to him. He didn't engage in civil war. The term insurrection is left unclear because clarity wasn't needed. I don't think a riot at the Capitol counts....we've had more than you can imagine.

If you're really ok with denying the will of the people to vote...tell me this....

If Biden won in a landslide...and the electoral college named Trump the winner instead...would you be OK with that?

Because technically...there's no reason they can't. It's in the Constitution. They don't have to vote along with the people. Many state level laws say they have to...but no state law supercedes the Constitution. They can make him the winner even if nobody votes for him.

Would you be OK with that? Honestly? Or should we let the people decide instead of legal technicalities?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What makes him unqualified?

He can be charged with insurrection...but he isn't.
I already explained that to you.
A civil war era amendment change doesn't really apply to him. He didn't engage in civil war. The term insurrection is left unclear because clarity wasn't needed. I don't think a riot at the Capitol counts....we've had more than you can imagine.
That's what various legal processes are for. Otherwise we'd be left at the mercy of anonymous internet ists.
If you're really ok with denying the will of the people to vote...tell me this....
Nobody's right to vote is being denied.
If Biden won in a landslide...and the electoral college named Trump the winner instead...would you be OK with that?
That wouldn't be a landslide now would it if you actually lose the vote.
Because technically...there's no reason they can't. It's in the Constitution. They don't have to vote along with the people. Many state level laws say they have to...but no state law supercedes the Constitution. They can make him the winner even if nobody votes for him.
At least 271 people have to vote for him.
Would you be OK with that? Honestly? Or should we let the people decide instead of legal technicalities?
It's hardly a technicality.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Where's the evidence?

We already know that the intelligence community covered for old Joe once to help his election chances.

We already know a whole team of FBI agents grabbed everything Trump had and then some.

We already know this administration has spread misinformation online to win elections.

What is there to say about this binder? Sure...it exists....and maybe somebody who isn't supposed to have it does. Or maybe this is pure nonsense....like the last two elections and claims of Russian misinformation.

Don't get me wrong...Russians definitely messed with 2016...but they spread information, factual information, not misinformation. Claims of Russian misinformation in 2020 were lies from our own intel community.....through mainly left wing outlets like HuffPo, WaPo, CNN, and NYT. The same intel guys who signed the letter claiming it was Russian disinformation work with those media outlets....they are paid contributors.

Why should anyone take this story seriously? Are we supposed to take the author's word for it? Did they even try to get a statement from Trump or anyone close to him? Does the article actually claim its in Trump's possession or someone close him? Or does it merely suggest that Trump is responsible for something nobody heard about till just now?
Well, if it exists, Like hunters laptop, will it become a blurry chain of custody issue....... You never can be sure these days.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I already explained that to you.

No you didn't. You made a bad argument about why a charge of insurrection wasn't needed.

Now they're removing him (or trying to) from ballots because he's guilty of insurrection. He hasn't even been charged with insurrection....and he's been charged with a lot.

That's what various legal processes are for. Otherwise we'd be left at the mercy of anonymous internet ists.

So you'll be fine if the ultimate decision is that he stays on the ballot?

No more talk of insurrection lol?

Nobody's right to vote is being denied.

The candidate they wish to vote for is being removed from ballots. That's hardly different. You can choose who you wish or you can't choose.

That wouldn't be a landslide now would it if you actually lose the vote.

The popular vote. You know how the electoral college tends to vote along with the popular vote? They don't have to. The popular vote means nothing....technically.

At least 271 people have to vote for him.

The electoral college...right. And they can do so regardless of the popular vote.

It's hardly a technicality.

It is...this was all set up much differently than it is now. Mainly because it's obvious there's no point in voting if your vote doesn't matter. If you want to return to a strictly Constitutional practice of voting....I'd like to hear why.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The federal government has three branches - Congress is the legislative branch. Civics 101.

Sorry...most people don't refer to a federal investigation by Congress as a federal investigation. It's typically a Congressional investigation and the stakes are lower since Congress mainly controls the budget.

But sure...they're all part of the federal government, my mistake.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No you didn't. You made a bad argument about why a charge of insurrection wasn't needed.

Now they're removing him (or trying to) from ballots because he's guilty of insurrection. He hasn't even been charged with insurrection....and he's been charged with a lot.
It ain't my problem you don't get it.
So you'll be fine if the ultimate decision is that he stays on the ballot?

No more talk of insurrection lol?
I said nothing either way. The eligibility of DJT is up to various legal and administrative processes.
The candidate they wish to vote for is being removed from ballots. That's hardly different. You can choose who you wish or you can't choose.
Yeah it is. They can still vote. Voters choose among eligible candidates. No one has a "right" to vote for an ineligible candidate. The position has requirements and if a potential candidate doesn't meet them, they are not a valid candidate. No ones right to vote was voided because they couldn't choose Reagan in 1988 or Obama in 2016 or Schwartzenegger in any yeara. They weren't eligible. Now those persons had the good sense not to *try* to run while ineligible. The eligibility of DJT is questionable and being adjudicated.

The popular vote. You know how the electoral college tends to vote along with the popular vote? They don't have to. The popular vote means nothing....technically.

The electoral college...right. And they can do so regardless of the popular vote.

It is...this was all set up much differently than it is now. Mainly because it's obvious there's no point in voting if your vote doesn't matter. If you want to return to a strictly Constitutional practice of voting....I'd like to hear why.

This isn't about the electoral college. I have no desire to play strange hypothetical games.

Upvote 0