Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
At least you understand grace is far more important to know, than having perfect theological understanding of Trinity. The bible stresses grace, it is the new covenant. The bible does not stress the demands of some on the internet who make theological demands that are extra biblical

And on many (perhaps most?) things, we seem to be in agreement :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The post of mine that you quoted, you seemed to have missed where I said "it is a mix between your fleshly body and demons".

Nicotine addiction is part of your fleshly body. If you became addicted to nicotine and then become Born Again... God knows, and understands what Nicotine does to your body and what happens when you try to deny your body the chemical and what kind of chemical reactions it has within your body and how it can affect how your brain works. I really doubt that a nicotine fit has anything at all to do with demons, though I wouldn't be surprised that if a smoker is trying to quit, that a demon could come and try to poke them into doing something irrational to get a cigarette, including causing wrath and/or the temptation to steal or be lazy at work, and/or break company policy by sneaking out to smoke or what-not.

We serve a loving, longsuffering and merciful God. While I believe that smoking is something that should not be done, I also believe that there is extra mercy for things like chemical addictions (assuming said addiction was started before becoming a Christian). There have been studies that have been done that show people who quit smoking can throw their bodies into chaos and cause even more harm than if they would have merely done something like go to e-cigs or the patch and try to slowly back off and quit.

Many former smokers (my dad included) oftentimes end up hooked on sweets and end up obese which is just as bad. Chemical addiction to nicotine got replaced by gluttony for sugar. Is really any better?

Demons are fixtures of the mind but are they also mindsets or cultural mind sets. From experience all the subtle traits in a personality that determine how a person behaves in any situation are influenced by demons. That is human good and evil. This includes the energy and emphasis behind the words that are spoken because the impurity in the heart is held there by a demonic influence on the personality. The scriptures indicate this because when Jesus confronted the religious Pharisees He said their father was Satan. They would have been normal educated people who were probably important in their own minds only as their real fault.

My mother smoked until her death at 84. She spent thousands on big heavy religious books that I would never read although it annoyed her. She had some attraction to the Mormon church and was somewhat devastated when the bishop would not allow her to go to the temple because of tithing and smoking. It was realized that for her to stop smoking there would be a problem, and said not to worry. Her alternate religious intellectualizing was more of a hindrance.

Demons determine the health and well being and are set to take life. When a healing occurs these demons are dis-empowered from their hold on the will and mind. The mind and body right down to the cells are in a kind of an agreement. It is a bit like how the queen bee as the mind controls the workers.
In a culture demons would hold everyone in unbelief and it would need the power of God to breakdown the resistance placed there by a false doctrine or belief or one instilled by Atheistic science. Even mixing with politicians would create problems.

The only way that can be taken to expel demons is while fasting and an active progression exposes and then expels them as previous posts describe.

Upvote 0

Breckmin

Sep 23, 2008
Gresham, OR USA
✟17,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In answering the OP... we have to continually throw back the ball and chain of the flesh and particular temptations.

Being discontent in God's universe for anything at all is actually sin. Those who complain or use even mild swear/curse words are showing discontentment in God's universe. It is a life long temptation to resist.

Those with sexual addictions are continually tempted as well and have to throw back the "old man" (flesh)
in that area probably until at least 80 (yrs old). When you die and you're free from the ball and chain
of the sin nature then you will no longer be tempted in these areas.

Pride, little white lies, manipulation or being manipulative rather than direct, deceptive rather than
transparent, jealousy, covetousness, not seeking to glorify and exalt Christ but seeking to exalt
yourself through ambition, etc. These and many many more things will tempt people until they
die.

One thing you 'can' do is study the subject of "self-deliverance" (which is a misnomer). Commanding
away demonic spirits and being released of spiritual footholds can change your desires and your
ability to resist temptation rather significantly. Praying, fasting, reading the scriptures, worshiping
God continually... these all help with resisting temptation.

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to be clean, I want to be without sin.. I like the feeling I get right after prayer, It's like a clean pure feeling, But it does not last, Sooner or later temptation happens..

My sins and desires offend me, And even though I try to resist, it's not so simple, The flesh is wicked and it desires what it does. Is there a way to make temptation go away and never come back. I dislike my temptations, I want them to stop completely, forever..There is no need to go into detail. And lest I be judged, No man is without sin. But, I am offended by my wickedness, it pulls at me like a chain coming straight from hell. To know the love of God, And then to feel the pull of Satan,, It's unfair, God deserves better then me, And I want to do better. But the devil knows my weakness.. And I am weak. How can someone make temptation stop? It's like a sickness that does not go away..

A never ending battle, And I just want peace,...Please note, I am not insane, I am just very spiritual,, I promise, My sins are not that different from any other male,, most likely..

But its not fair that Satan gets to try, over and over and over again,, it's like I am a stone and he is a stone cutter.. He picks at me until I am weak. And I fall to temptation..

It's not fair... I want it to stop...

Years ago I joined a men's purity group and I was lead to start fasting, recently I began to look back on that experience and realised that fasting denies the flesh and it is the same spiritual discipline that is needed to deny normal cravings of food, as it is of other natural physical cravings.

I will suggest that one of the greatest things you can do to change your heart is to pray for others caught up in inappropriate contentography, that is the absolute fulfilment of loving your neighbor as yourself (with equality): caring for them as you do for yourself.

Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you shall find, don't give up in your pursuit of holiness and you shall have it.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Don't buy into the idea that a righteousness outside of walking right, is what the Christian faith has to offer:

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Shadowprophet. You had some good replies, and there is only one way to rid yourself of all temptation, stay away from it, let Satan and his followers know that you don`t want anything to do with either of them. Prove the wisdom of these words, by following Jesus` advice. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it:
love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. To Love God should come naturally to us, if it was not for God, we would not be here, and to love our neighbour, to treat him or her, as we would love to be treated,
should come naturally to us. We all hope to end up with our Heavenly Father, and Heaven is our future home.
Earth is our learning-field, and the sooner we recognise it, the sooner we are on our way to become the sons and daughters which God wants.
In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told to " Ask and we shall receive," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God, and share all love and joy with our neighbour. We stop being selfish and unloving, and start loving and caring. It may not be easy to start with, but Love is very catching, and gradually we change into the men and women which God wants us to be. The Bible tells us to " Repent and be Born Again," to be loving and kind and helpful. ( if the need arises)
How do we rid ourselves of selfish behaviour? We keep asking God for Love and Joy, and share it with all around us.
Satan and his followers will run away from all Love and Goodness. Let us stay away from temptation, and start loving
and be kind and forgiving. I say this with love, Shadowprophet. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

myJesusisgreat

Oct 25, 2015
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Shadowprophet.

The issue you're dealing with is experienced by all human. I believe that no human being is completely pure. They will all, at some part of their life, commit a sin. And it's not really a possibility to 'not sin at all', especially considering that even thinking about doing something amoral is already considered 'a sin'. Sin is hereditary and as we all know our great-great grandparents sinned at the garden of Eden. This is the very reason that our Father sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to save us.

But Jesus is not a dictator that executes His people when He smells sin. He is a kind and loving Father that sees the deepest thoughts that lay within our hearts. Temptation will never cease, but it's up to us to decided whether to 'accept' it and claim the short-lived reward or whether to deny it in view of greater philosophy. Therefore, it matters not how much you've sinned in the past. I myself am a very sinful person that don't really deserve His kindness and love. What matters is how we get up, strengthen ourselves in our belief and not do the same mistakes again in the future.

All in all, while praying, reading the Bible, going to church, sharing with others, etc. does suppress our vulnerability, to not sin at all is sadly impossible. What we can do, however, is to believe in Him with all our heart. I pray that His grace will shine upon you and that He will forgive all your wrongdoings; and I hope that you'll find peace and happiness in your life.

Remember: to err is human; to forgive divine.
May He watch over you.
:)

Upvote 0

SmallNation

Mar 30, 2013
Overland Park, KS
✟15,435.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I want to be clean, I want to be without sin.. I like the feeling I get right after prayer, It's like a clean pure feeling, But it does not last, Sooner or later temptation happens..

My sins and desires offend me, And even though I try to resist, it's not so simple, The flesh is wicked and it desires what it does. Is there a way to make temptation go away and never come back. I dislike my temptations, I want them to stop completely, forever..There is no need to go into detail. And lest I be judged, No man is without sin. But, I am offended by my wickedness, it pulls at me like a chain coming straight from hell. To know the love of God, And then to feel the pull of Satan,, It's unfair, God deserves better then me, And I want to do better. But the devil knows my weakness.. And I am weak. How can someone make temptation stop? It's like a sickness that does not go away..

A never ending battle, And I just want peace,...Please note, I am not insane, I am just very spiritual,, I promise, My sins are not that different from any other male,, most likely..

But its not fair that Satan gets to try, over and over and over again,, it's like I am a stone and he is a stone cutter.. He picks at me until I am weak. And I fall to temptation..

James 1:2-4

2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Also remember that you are not in this alone, but that you have the Church with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Verily verily I say unto you.
Ye MUST be born again john3:3

Someone who has been born again of the spirit DOES NOT need extra inducement to change for they have been born again.
Someone who has not been born again isn't a christian. Christ was specific on that point

Therefore you are saying to all those who become fearful and anxious because of what is in their minds and thoughts that they are not born again.

Christian was a name placed on the early church members by outsiders, the name of the Church was the "Way".
What does that mean to you especially knowing the persecution that these early followers were subjected to. And why are modern Christians tolerated. There is a time coming when Christian's will actually persecute the followers of the "Way" that Jesus has revealed by example. The Pharisee mentality is still active even today.
The body is the temple and there is access into the Sanctuary and Holy Place.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therefore you are saying to all those who become fearful and anxious because of what is in their minds and thoughts that they are not born again.

Christian was a name placed on the early church members by outsiders, the name of the Church was the "Way".
What does that mean to you especially knowing the persecution that these early followers were subjected to. And why are modern Christians tolerated. There is a time coming when Christian's will actually persecute the followers of the "Way" that Jesus has revealed by example. The Pharisee mentality is still active even today.
The body is the temple and there is access into the Sanctuary and Holy Place.
I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph, can you ellucidate?
Do you know why the fist century christians( the way) were persecuted?

Brothers if I still preached circumcision( ie law) why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offence of the cross has been abolished gal5:11

People who go to church today persecute those who accept Paul's message of grace, for they have pharisiac tendancies. They want to be praised before men.
The pharisee mentality I indeed alive today.
Demand of others what you fail to live up to in your own life. Stress what the individual must do while failing to do what you demanded of others

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,177.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you're a once saved always saved person, you might want to drop that mindset, as it leads people to compromise. I'm not saying that such is what is going on with you, but you really need to think about not risking your soul, as that is what sin does. It is deadly. Every time you feel the desire to sin, think, "is this worth risking my salvation over", and you're more likely to have victory over your temptations.

I am a "once saved always saved" person and that belief has NOT led me to compromise my faith. Would you please explain the way those OSAS people comprise their faith?

John

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,177.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Shawdowprophet,

Every Christian struggles with temptations, but temptation itself is not sin. We sin when we give in to the temptation. Yes, Christians do sin. 1 John 1:8, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. Paul also addresses this in Romans 7:19-25.

Another matter I want to comment about is the belief that Christians can lose their salvation. I just want to offer a scripture for you to consider, and that is: John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Did Jesus say “hath temporary everlasting life?” or “hath conditional everlasting life?” No, He said, “hath everlasting life.” If Jesus gives you everlasting/eternal life that can be taken away from you then He did not really give you everlasting/eternal life. Jesus says it is “eternal life” and since Jesus is God He cannot lie.

You said “I like the feeling I get right after prayer.” I am going to suggest some things for you to do that have helped me in my Christian walk.

It's hard to sin while in prayer, therefore I suggest that you spend more time in prayer, and that you train your mind to dwell on spiritual matters.

Think about the wonder of the cross. Think about the unbearable excruciating pain Jesus suffered on the cross for you. Think about your sins being nailed to the cross with Him, and His blood covering those sins. Think about His power to save you and to keep you saved. Read your bible every day. Read the Gospel of John, and while doing that think about who Jesus is & what He did for you. Read the Book of Romans. Read the Psalms & Proverbs. Read the New Testament. Read the bible over & over & over. Each time you read & re-read scripture you will find new truths. Get your mind off of yourself and on Jesus. It's all about Him; it's not about you.

My favorite song is the hymn “It Is Well with My Soul.” This song is on my mind everyday, especially the the two verses below:

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

John

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You haven't responded to what I wrote.
Do you agree the new covenant hinges on two core facts, and do you agree with what I have written concerning those facts?

The problem with wordy explanations is that the mind is absorbed in an intellectual exercise only and it becomes devoid of Spirit. It becomes a work of the flesh. The scriptures are divine inspiration therefore that is good but then interpretation is added and this is distorting and a difficult mental exercise. This can take the life out of a relationship with God because this is Spirit. Did Jesus ever write anything?

Everything that has been shown to me is direct. I was shown within my mind how my mind did not measure up to the mind of an immortal, the mind Jesus thinks from. This is where sin is hatched from.
I was shown how the same mind could be attained to and immortality is a possibility and hope.

At this point there was no atonement or at one with God, but there was grace. I had been given a quick, very short look beyond the veil in the mind and it placed me in some shock.

At that time the understanding of the temple with the sanctuary was not understood. I had never read the Bible but had known some Christians at work and had heard stories about Christianity generally.
I thought the God that had been revealed powerfully and of the Bible was the God they spoke of.

Years later when a fast was taken the Spirit that was some what withered and dormant revitalized a belief.
Simple prayers, and a work of faith developed a deepening real belief in the heart and some purity began to be attached to words of scripture and revelation as they were spoken out. This eventually lead to the exposure of a realm of the mind that was full of attachments or fixtures (demons) that were in control of my will. These determined my behavior in any situation and the emphasis on words as they were delivered in conversation.
This came from inside and this was established from the company that was being kept. It is even in the responses to own close family. A human does not truly Love because it is usually conditional. Everyone is bonded in familiar emotions.

Atonement occurred when I broke inwardly deeply enough in an act of laying every last bit of my own self aside and then the nature of Jesus settled over me. This nature is unconditional Love and it is energized by God. There is no sin in this nature because it is perfect and it is acceptable to God and He indwells. My will was released from the influence of my own self and then it was one with the will of God. That is atonement, at one with.

The temple is the body and the example is that the 10 commandments on stone tablets were in the ark under the mercy seat with the cherubim. The heart of stone, the law, is replaced by one of flesh. There is actually a release around the heart area in the chest as all the old encumbrances on the personality fall away. This is circumcision of the heart.
The nature of Jesus is impossible to imagine because of its gentleness and quietness.

"Jesus is an atonement for your sin" as you write is not functionally correct. Atonement is to place -at one with- By example Jesus through His sacrifice has revealed the way back to God.
1 John 2:2 Jesus is an atoning sacrifice for our sin and not just ours but for the whole world.
Jesus is Our Advocate
4The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

If the heart is changed and the Love of God is perfected the words spoken will be truth and will impart some power of unconditional Love energized by God. This is what everyone falls short of. Everyone is still playing in the mud puddle of a mixture of thoughts and reasoning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟16,882.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

I recommend watching the series on God's mercy which Pastor Rick Warren of Saddleback Church is teaching at the moment, at saddleback.com.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with wordy explanations is that the mind is absorbed in an intellectual exercise only and it becomes devoid of Spirit. It becomes a work of the flesh. The scriptures are divine inspiration therefore that is good but then interpretation is added and this is distorting and a difficult mental exercise. This can take the life out of a relationship with God because this is Spirit. Did Jesus ever write anything?

Everything that has been shown to me is direct. I was shown within my mind how my mind did not measure up to the mind of an immortal, the mind Jesus thinks from. This is where sin is hatched from.
I was shown how the same mind could be attained to and immortality is a possibility and hope.

At this point there was no atonement or at one with God, but there was grace. I had been given a quick, very short look beyond the veil in the mind and it placed me in some shock.

At that time the understanding of the temple with the sanctuary was not understood. I had never read the Bible but had known some Christians at work and had heard stories about Christianity generally.
I thought the God that had been revealed powerfully and of the Bible was the God they spoke of.

Years later when a fast was taken the Spirit that was some what withered and dormant revitalized a belief.
Simple prayers, and a work of faith developed a deepening real belief in the heart and some purity began to be attached to words of scripture and revelation as they were spoken out. This eventually lead to the exposure of a realm of the mind that was full of attachments or fixtures (demons) that were in control of my will. These determined my behavior in any situation and the emphasis on words as they were delivered in conversation.
This came from inside and this was established from the company that was being kept. It is even in the responses to own close family. A human does not truly Love because it is usually conditional. Everyone is bonded in familiar emotions.

Atonement occurred when I broke inwardly deeply enough in an act of laying every last bit of my own self aside and then the nature of Jesus settled over me. This nature is unconditional Love and it is energized by God. There is no sin in this nature because it is perfect and it is acceptable to God and He indwells. My will was released from the influence of my own self and then it was one with the will of God. That is atonement, at one with.

The temple is the body and the example is that the 10 commandments on stone tablets were in the ark under the mercy seat with the cherubim. The heart of stone, the law, is replaced by one of flesh. There is actually a release around the heart area in the chest as all the old encumbrances on the personality fall away. This is circumcision of the heart.
The nature of Jesus is impossible to imagine because of its gentleness and quietness.

"Jesus is an atonement for your sin" as you write is not functionally correct. Atonement is to place -at one with- By example Jesus through His sacrifice has revealed the way back to God.
1 John 2:2 Jesus is an atoning sacrifice for our sin and not just ours but for the whole world.
Jesus is Our Advocate
4The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

If the heart is changed and the Love of God is perfected the words spoken will be truth and will impart some power of unconditional Love energized by God. This is what everyone falls short of. Everyone is still playing in the mud puddle of a mixture of thoughts and reasoning.
Concerning your first paragraph. It certainly I not a mental exercise devoid of the spirit to accept the core foundation on which the new covenant is built. It is a tradgedy that so few ministers preach on the core of which the new covenant stands.
It shows why grace cannot be viewed as a licence to sin.
If you do not build on the corect foundation your house will collapse.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a "once saved always saved" person and that belief has NOT led me to compromise my faith. Would you please explain the way those OSAS people comprise their faith?

John

Many people who have been of OSAS have felt, "what does it matter if I'm sin, I'm going to Heaven anyway and nothing can change that".

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people who have been of OSAS have felt, "what does it matter if I'm sin, I'm going to Heaven anyway and nothing can change that".
No born again christian could possibly view the new covenant as you have mentioned, whether they believed I osas or whether they didnt

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph, can you ellucidate?
Do you know why the fist century christians( the way) were persecuted?

Brothers if I still preached circumcision( ie law) why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offence of the cross has been abolished gal5:11

People who go to church today persecute those who accept Paul's message of grace, for they have pharisiac tendancies. They want to be praised before men.
The pharisee mentality I indeed alive today.
Demand of others what you fail to live up to in your own life. Stress what the individual must do while failing to do what you demanded of others

A person who has the Holy Spirit as a first installment, a seed to take a person all the way, should do just that. That person is not born again until their mind is completely transformed and renewed. This will lead to good works done in the Love of the son energized by the Spirit of God.
Any bad thoughts that lead to behavior indicate the person is not truly born again even though he is under grace.
The first followers of the "Way" were following the teaching of Jesus and preaching righteousness in Holiness the fullness of God and that is within the recipient. There is a way of escaping the clutches of Satan's kingdom and taking a place in the kingdom of God. This exposes Satan's working in all the unrepentant.

Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0