How do you rid yourself of temptation?

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A person who has the Holy Spirit as a first installment, a seed to take a person all the way, should do just that. That person is not born again until their mind is completely transformed and renewed. This will lead to good works done in the Love of the son energized by the Spirit of God.
Any bad thoughts that lead to behavior indicate the person is not truly born again even though he is under grace.
The first followers of the "Way" were following the teaching of Jesus and preaching righteousness in Holiness the fullness of God and that is within the recipient. There is a way of escaping the clutches of Satan's kingdom and taking a place in the kingdom of God. This exposes Satan's working in all the unrepentant.
The above is not a good post. A person is born again as soon as the holy spirit enters their life. You cannot be a christian unless you are born again. The idea you get fully born again once you reach a certain standard of holiness denies the truth of the gospel message. Growth in the christian life is possible because Jesus died for your sins. He died to pay the penalty of your sin and to break the power of sin in your life. Jesus will be no ones saviour from sin unless they are born again. The two go hand in hand
You do NOT earn being born again by good behaviour, but by grace. Grace is not grace if it is earned.

Reactions: ldonjohn
Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Concerning your first paragraph. It certainly I not a mental exercise devoid of the spirit to accept the core foundation on which the new covenant is built. It is a tradgedy that so few ministers preach on the core of which the new covenant stands.
It shows why grace cannot be viewed as a licence to sin.
If you do not build on the corect foundation your house will collapse.

There is a problem in that many read the Bible and come up with their own interpretation. It is correct though to get facts straight in any endeavor.
All that I relate has been shown to me and then the scriptures were understood. Also it is obvious to me that grace is not understood as a period in which access should be taken beyond the veil as a real event.
It is not just words written on paper and spoken about.
It is a real event that diminishes all of own life to the point that the same life that Jesus showed as an example becomes evident. If enough people did this real fear would come over all the unrepentant.

But it is difficult to maintain and this mind that was in Jesus was only experienced in me for three days. I am back to basics again. There is some uncertainty if the same process can be repeated. It is slightly mind bending and a small amount of fear is attached to loosing own mind. I have done some dangerous things but the mind change is an inner transformation. But there must be faith and I must trust.
It is a bit like Peter when he walked on water.

All that I am saying is that the way into the Holy Place the sanctuary of God is now understood.
I would prefer to be there but this would not be written because to stay the mind must not be drawn back into the old self with its understanding. Also I started some projects on energy devices that are almost finished. I am doing my own thing.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are born again of the spirit. By the law being placed within you, you have been supernaturally changed into a person who I your heart wants to live as God desires you to live. You no longer seek a life of sin but a life in line with how God wants you to live. In this sense you have been born again. You only get the grace, Jesus died for your sins because you have been born again. Hence Jesus words to nicodemus:
Ye MUST be born again. It is not an option, it I pivitol. For Jesus will be no ones saviour from sin unless they in their heart want to obey his father, they have been born again
The law is transferred under the new covenant from a law written on tablets of stone to a law written on tablets of human hearts (2cor3:3) only because that happens your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered no more

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a problem in that many read the Bible and come up with their own interpretation. It is correct though to get facts straight in any endeavor.
All that I relate has been shown to me and then the scriptures were understood. Also it is obvious to me that grace is not understood as a period in which access should be taken beyond the veil as a real event.
It is not just words written on paper and spoken about.
It is a real event that diminishes all of own life to the point that the same life that Jesus showed as an example becomes evident. If enough people did this real fear would come over all the unrepentant.

But it is difficult to maintain and this mind that was in Jesus was only experienced in me for three days. I am back to basics again. There is some uncertainty if the same process can be repeated. It is slightly mind bending and a small amount of fear is attached to loosing own mind. I have done some dangerous things but the mind change is an inner transformation. But there must be faith and I must trust.
It is a bit like Peter when he walked on water.

All that I am saying is that the way into the Holy Place the sanctuary of God is now understood.
I would prefer to be there but this would not be written because to stay the mind must not be drawn back into the old self with its understanding. Also I started some projects on energy devices that are almost finished. I am doing my own thing.
Very true. Many read the bible and come to their own interpretation sadly

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The above is not a good post. A person is born again as soon as the holy spirit enters their life. You cannot be a christian unless you are born again. The idea you get fully born again once you reach a certain standard of holiness denies the truth of the gospel message. Growth in the christian life is possible because Jesus died for your sins. He died to pay the penalty of your sin and to break the power of sin in your life. Jesus will be no ones saviour from sin unless they are born again. The two go hand in hand
You do NOT earn being born again by good behaviour, but by grace. Grace is not grace if it is earned.

While fasting a christian radio station was listened to and the only person I could listen to was a short recording of Derek Prince, once in the morning and once in the evening. He was the only one that didn't tear at my heart as though it was being devoured. This was in 1991 when he was still alive. His teaching was very good on reflection but the spirit of faith was at a certain level and after a period of weeks his energy was holding me back. He had a full family life, with travel and that would have been a distraction presumably.

A person is fully born when they enter the kingdom of God. That person has escaped the kingdom of Satan. Where is Satan and his demons active? It is right in front of everyone in the personalities that are engaged with, a Christian is really no different to any person in their behavior. The only difference is the attention is directed differently and this indicates that people are attempting to change from the outside in and not the inside by the spirit.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While fasting a christian radio station was listened to and the only person I could listen to was a short recording of Derek Prince, once in the morning and once in the evening. He was the only one that didn't tear at my heart as though it was being devoured. This was in 1991 when he was still alive. His teaching was very good on reflection but the spirit of faith was at a certain level and after a period of weeks his energy was holding me back. He had a full family life, with travel and that would have been a distraction presumably.

A person is fully born when they enter the kingdom of God. That person has escaped the kingdom of Satan. Where is Satan and his demons active? It is right in front of everyone in the personalities that are engaged with, a Christian is really no different to any person in their behavior. The only difference is the attention is directed differently and this indicates that people are attempting to change from the outside in and not the inside by the spirit.
You are wrong. A christian is born again at the point of conversion. Your view is not stated in scripture but just personal opinion. If you are not born again and have a saviour from your sin you then have a licence to sin.
I know of no minister that shares your view, and i think you told me you are self taught. Red flags all over the place I am afraid

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

BTW
Never let anyone know when you fast. Read Matt ch6

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are born again of the spirit. By the law being placed within you, you have been supernaturally changed into a person who I your heart wants to live as God desires you to live. You no longer seek a life of sin but a life in line with how God wants you to live. In this sense you have been born again. You only get the grace, Jesus died for your sins because you have been born again. Hence Jesus words to nicodemus:
Ye MUST be born again. It is not an option, it I pivitol. For Jesus will be no ones saviour from sin unless they in their heart want to obey his father, they have been born again
The law is transferred under the new covenant from a law written on tablets of stone to a law written on tablets of human hearts (2cor3:3) only because that happens your sins and lawless deeds will be remembered no more

There is some agreement with what is being related but the kingdom of God is not partial escape there is no more kingdom of Satan evident in the life.
The only point to make is that some statements you make say you are trying to change yourself with out the Spirit leading.
When you say "supernaturally changed into a person who I your heart wants to live as God desires you to live." that is not presenting the body as a living sacrifice. God takes over completely.
You are indicating it is something that you want to do. At some point you will have to let go in full realization you have nothing to offer except your empty body.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are wrong. A christian is born again at the point of conversion. Your view is not stated in scripture but just personal opinion. If you are not born again and have a saviour from your sin you then have a licence to sin.
I know of no minister that shares your view, and i think you told me you are self taught. Red flags all over the place I am afraid
God is my teacher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is some agreement with what is being related but the kingdom of God is not partial escape there is no more kingdom of Satan evident in the life.
The only point to make is that some statements you make say you are trying to change yourself with out the Spirit leading.
When you say "supernaturally changed into a person who I your heart wants to live as God desires you to live." that is not presenting the body as a living sacrifice. God takes over completely.
You are indicating it is something that you want to do. At some point you will have to let go in full realization you have nothing to offer except your empty body.
You in your heart want to obey God but obedience comes from faith( rom1:5) by faith in Christ and the sanctification of the holy spirit ( rom15:16) gal2:16&17
The christian puts no confidence in the flesh( themselves) to bring that change about( phil3:3)
The fact that in a christians heart they want to obey, does not mean that obey by human effort, they cant ( gal3:3)
You are presenting your body as a living sacrifice when you look away from yourself and to Christ, and trust him to continue change I you through the spirit.
However, as a minister of 50 years once said:
If we followed after the holy spirit every minute of our lives we would never sin, the reality of which escapes us all

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have fasted in the past but will not say what my status is at the moment.
You're twisting scriptures again.
It is not twisting scripture. According tojesus, noone but you and God must know if you fast. If you tell people when you fast, or tell people how often you have previously fasted, it is the same thing

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You in your heart want to obey God but obedience comes from faith( rom1:5) by faith in Christ and the sanctification of the holy spirit ( rom15:16) gal2:16&17
The christian puts no conf oh fence I the flesh( themselves) to bring that change about( phil3:3)
The fact that in a christians heart they want to obey, does not mean that obey by human effort, they cant ( gal3:3)
You are presenting your body as a living sacrifice when you look away from yourself and to Christ, and trust him to continue change I you through the spirit.
However, as a minister of 50 years once said:
If we followed after the holy spirit every minute of our lives we would never sin, the reality of which escapes us all
"If we followed after the holy spirit every minute of our lives we would never sin, the reality of which escapes us all" this is where grace applies.
The problem is the transition to the fullness of God is incomprehensible to the natural mind.
But the pathway into completeness is there and this glorifies God and brings good works with it.

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not twisting scripture. According tojesus, noone but you and God must know if you fast. If you tell people when you fast, or tell people how often you have previously fasted, it is the same thing
It certainly appears as though you are twisting scripture. Do you ever fast, is it a good thing to do, does it achieve anything?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"If we followed after the holy spirit every minute of our lives we would never sin, the reality of which escapes us all" this is where grace applies.
The problem is the transition to the fullness of God is incomprehensible to the natural mind.
But the pathway into completeness is there and this glorifies God and brings good works with it.
You will never be perfect in your flesh on this earth

Upvote 0

AllanV

Feb 4, 2013
NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If God I your teacher embrace what is clearly written in scripture concerning the new covenant.
Everyone on this website I am sure believes God is their teacher, but not all agree

I understood Derek Princes teaching but many were against him until he had a following. When I first heard him I wondered how he got onto a Christian radio station. His interpretation is so close but it is in the wording only and the full depth may not have been experienced.
The example of the covenant was shown in two supernatural events without which there would be no belief in God. There have been 40 years of listening to other peoples interpretation and they create a lot of division.
Jesus preached the Gospel of the kingdom of God and was an example. He was killed by the religious establishment and this is prevalent today. I come in His name that is His spiritual character and demand nothing from anyone but relate what God has done in my life as an example. The example indicates that Jesus as our High Priest requires a little more because He comes quickly. All Judgement has been turned over to Him.
There must be a deception in the church that is obvious but which ones and who judges.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understood Derek Princes teaching but many were against him until he had a following. When I first heard him I wondered how he got onto a Christian radio station. His interpretation is so close but it is in the wording only and the full depth may not have been experienced.
The example of the covenant was shown in two supernatural events without which there would be no belief in God. There have been 40 years of listening to other peoples interpretation and they create a lot of division.
Jesus preached the Gospel of the kingdom of God and was an example. He was killed by the religious establishment and this is prevalent today. I come in His name that is His spiritual character and demand nothing from anyone but relate what God has done in my life as an example. The example indicates that Jesus as our High Priest requires a little more because He comes quickly. All Judgement has been turned over to Him.
There must be a deception in the church that is obvious but which ones and who judges.
Oh there is deception.
Jesus was persecuted by the religious establishment.
Steven was murdered by the religious establishment, Paul was persecuted by the religious establishment. A common link of the reason for the persecution was evident in all three cases.
Anyway, it is late over here, I must retire
Goodnight

Upvote 0