How do you feel about the Westboro Baptist Church

S

straydog

What does Christ say to Peter when he uses it though?

With Peter,he was going to fight to save Jesus...

John 18:36:Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Peter had tried to stop Jesus from been Crucified....

Matthew 16:21-23:21From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 22Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

If you read John 18:10-11:10Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. 11Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

THIS HAS TO DO WITH JESUS TELLING PETER TO PUT HIS SWORD AWAY,OTHERWISE HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE CRUCIFIED AND RESURRECTED...

NOW,READ....

Luke 22:36:Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
There's also v38 which says that two swords is enough for the twelve of them, my impression of this is that Jesus is again warning them that they will face hardships not that they are in need of weapons.

^^This. I'm pretty sure what Jesus was really doing was "Do you have the props I need to make a vivid object lesson for Peter on my opinion of violence?"

Upvote 0
S

straydog

^^This. I'm pretty sure what Jesus was really doing was "Do you have the props I need to make a vivid object lesson for Peter on my opinion of violence?"

Really?

Luke 22:36:Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Upvote 0

Justin91

Apr 10, 2010
✟15,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Straydog...most crimes are caused more by economic reasons, not due to race or color.

The KKK, by purpose of its creation is a hate group plain and simple. Anyone telling you different is a liar.

Please, do not quote to me the black on white crime data sheet. This in itself gives no excuse to be part of an organization like this.

Turn the other cheek my brother...turn the other cheek...cause the vengeance is the lords, not ours.

Upvote 0

lamikin

Jul 5, 2012
Fort Bend County, Texas
✟7,774.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I feel they are a hate group. I do not condone homsexuality but I also don't condone the way this chruch addresses the problem, for example from their own site:

"WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] HATE GOD, AIDS CURES [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], THANK GOD FOR AIDS, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] DOOM NATIONS, THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] TROOPS, GOD BLEW UP THE TROOPS, GOD HATES AMERICA, AMERICA IS DOOMED, THE WORLD IS DOOMED, etc."

Its protest activities include picketing funerals of American servicemen and desecrating the American flag.

This guy is a nut case and there are plenty of nut case people who are willing to follow him. I believe the Christian Church should use more peacful means to speak out.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Southern Baptist. Westboro is about 75 miles west of me on the other side of the Kansas City metro area, Kansas side. They had at one time been affiliated with the Free Will Baptists, but were dropped from the denomination's membership roles for being the extremists they are. They have been in the KC area multiple times to protest at soldiers' funerals and to picket churches they believe don't preach the "proper message" of condemnation of homsexual behavior and gay marriage.

It would be a mistake to take the name "Baptist" in the "church" name (and I very deliberately put that second set of quotation marks in place) as a serious and set-in-stone identifier. No Baptist denomination will have Westboro as a member church. They are pariahs, the message preached is anathema to God's word, and His truth tempered gently with love, that truth being that judgment will come to the man or woman who rejects Him but that as long as they breath, they have hope of salvation and restoration.

This message is foreign to Westboro. They don't know love, so they can't preach truth. They know only hate, condemnation and destruction of the spirit. They are not a church. They are not Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 6, 2012
✟1,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They did some stumbling to me before I became Saved, before I had the knowledge of Jesus Christ, before I became a Christian(had to take a song to show me God, Jesus Christ True Love) and I believe that is there whole agenda, to make Christianity, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit(God), look what He is not. They aren't Christians nor do I believe that they are Saved because if they were this wouldn't be going on.

for example homosexual behavior is indeed a sin and wrong but to say that God hates the sinner is wrong, we all know God hates sin, not sinners. they slandered and are against the Word of God, of Jesus Christ just like any "atheist", false religion, etc, only difference is that they cover it by claiming that they are of God, in Jesus Christ.

and the media loves to try and make westboro appear as if that's what Christians are like, get out of here with that "atheistic", anti-Christ propaganda. "westboro", "atheism", "buddhism", "islam" etc all the same crap, it's all against The Truth, Christianity, The Bible, Jesus Christ, The Trinity of God.

Upvote 0

Tornero

Dieu et mon droit
Jan 28, 2013
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They hate fellow man for physical reasons. They think that the lord put upon this earth a man who has murdered children because if our exceptance of homosexuality (sandy hook tragedy)

Hate is a choice. ethnicity, gender or sexuality isn't. In my opinion.

I pray one day they will wake up and realize what they are doing :S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This as not been twist by the media. There is proof of the crime that KKK members have commit.

The all black crime rate thing is true because most blacks are poor and unfunded live communities. Your

Ku Klux Klan: A History of Violence - YouTube

Being racist is wrong.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Upvote 0

warrior of Christ 94

May 19, 2015
✟324.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your guy's opinion on the notorious Westboro Baptist Church? I am conducting research for an essay I am writing, and I'd really appreciate any help and answers you could write to me. :)
Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church spreads hate, or do you think that they have the right idea? What are your opinions about this church?

Thank you! ^_^
People may object to their tactics, but overall I see them as a powerful agent of the Holy Spirit. People need shocking examples to knock sense into them, that is what they provide with their theatrics. Nobody was spreading their message, so they made them by giving the media something they could not resist talking about. They agitate to get attention, but get them speaking one on one, and it would be like every other normal conversation. I applaud them, and hope they continue doing what they are doing. Not enough Christians speak up, not enough have a "lets cleanse the temple attitude" which is what is really causing the decline in church attendance, Christianity no longer stands for anything, it has given into to the moral relativism that has seeped into the body of Christ and is like a blood poisoning that is weakening the body as a whole. It started back during
Vatican II which robbed the Church of its mission. When Vatican II made official doctrine the legitimacy of all religions it was in essence declaring that it’s all relative and one does not need religion. Combine this with the depravity of the sexual revolution and it was like cutting the balls off of a guard dog making it more passive. Before the Church had a mission, spread the Gospel and teach the people moral behavior, by making it all relative; and despite what Christians may argue that is what they did, it shut down its reason for existence. That is why people have been leaving the church en mass, they can find no reason or purpose for their lives. Without a purpose in life people will drift to all kinds of debauchery looking for kicks.

David Duke once wrote “Our power can reassert itself only from dedication to truth and justice, from expressions of courage and nobility. When we violate our own morality, we grow weakened and exploitable, as we are now.” We have a moral duty to our race and to humanity in general to stand up and put an end to the growing depravity liberalism is creating. We have the moral high ground and we must use it to our advantage by speaking up and condemning the immorality… We have the power of right on our side, so we should make use of it.

Upvote 0