How do you feel about the Westboro Baptist Church

Megnev

Oct 29, 2011
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your guy's opinion on the notorious Westboro Baptist Church? I am conducting research for an essay I am writing, and I'd really appreciate any help and answers you could write to me. :)
Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church spreads hate, or do you think that they have the right idea? What are your opinions about this church?

Thank you! ^_^

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,067.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think they have no idea about what the love of God is.
I don't have a reliable source, but I heard the family are lawyers and use these cases to make money from the denial of their free speech. I love the veterans who go and stand between the griefing family and these lost Christians if they are actually Christians.

Upvote 0

SteveNZ

Adventurer for my King
Oct 24, 2011
Nelson New Zealand
✟8,913.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmm....
I have just read about that amazing church!
Do they follow the way of Jesus?

Megnev, I recommend you go to individuals and ask. On a public forum like this anything other than an honest independent opinion, can be taken as libel and offensive.

Folk with strong views and enjoy litigation could abuse this forum. And try to stop the good works available.

Let us pray that the Lord will sort out that group as he see's fit. He is a just Lord.

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
What are your guy's opinion on the notorious Westboro Baptist Church? I am conducting research for an essay I am writing, and I'd really appreciate any help and answers you could write to me. :)
Do you think the Westboro Baptist Church spreads hate, or do you think that they have the right idea? What are your opinions about this church?

Thank you! ^_^

Will you give some facts, what are teaching: Respectfully, Parsonsmom

Upvote 0

Saviors4us

Mrs. Fisch
Feb 3, 2012
USA, KS
✟7,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband worked with one of the sons of the founder...years ago (10). They believe in predestination...and when challenged about why they do what they do with the signs given their predestination stance they shut down. It's a well known rumor here in Topeka that one of his sons came out several years ago and that set them on the coarse they are on. It's also known that they will sue anyone who uses fighting words or fists, and take them to the cleaners...in fact now they make sure to record most of their pickets...
In addition the leader/founder has body guards now days... And from what I understand it's impossible to reason Scripturally with him.
All this heresy, however known by good friends and my spouse who's had personal experiences.
A dollar short and a day late... :)

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
My husband worked with one of the sons of the founder...years ago (10). They believe in predestination...and when challenged about why they do what they do with the signs given their predestination stance they shut down. It's a well known rumor here in Topeka that one of his sons came out several years ago and that set them on the coarse they are on. It's also known that they will sue anyone who uses fighting words or fists, and take them to the cleaners...in fact now they make sure to record most of their pickets...
In addition the leader/founder has body guards now days... And from what I understand it's impossible to reason Scripturally with him.
All this heresy, however known by good friends and my spouse who's had personal experiences.
A dollar short and a day late... :)

============================================

From what I saw on the home page, I would stay away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thispoorman

Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God
Feb 13, 2012
North Carolina
✟13,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
They must be using one of those damnable, heretical straight-from-the-pit-of-Hell ;) modern Bible versions that cuts out important verses, such as:

Col. 4:6 - "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer everyone."

2 Tim. 2:24-25a - "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to everyone, an apt teacher, patient, correcting opponents with gentleness."

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,372.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others

Thank you! ^_^
Religions have a dark side. Throu the Westboro Baptist Church we are able to see the dark side of the Christian Religion. Can you imagine what we would have if their hateful ways actually caught on with in the main stream Christian Faith? The horrors of the Inquisition come to mind.

Upvote 0

marksman315

Finally in the Fight
Jul 27, 2008
United States
Visit site
✟15,392.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't like them at all. They are misdirecting their message by antagonizing the families of fallen heroes. They need to get their act straight and take their message to the government. I don't like their tactics, and their hateful language. Homosexuality is definitely not approved by God, however they need to learn some tact and get some class in spreading their message. They are just making things worse for all Christians, and creating enemies instead of converting people to Christ.

Upvote 0

tyronem

Presbyterian Baptist with Pentecostal leanings
Jun 19, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟15,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find them distasteful and unscriptural. Led by a cult leader in a cult style. Exhibiting cult-tendencies such as the ability to not be reasoned with.

I think they work iniquity into the world through their hatred, and may very well find themselves on the receiving end of one of the verses they quote

"The boastful shall not stand in your presence You hate all who do iniquity"

"Many of you shall say Lord Lord .... and I shall say to them, get away from me you workers of iniquity I never knew you"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

straydog

Thank you! ^_^

I think their message may contradict itself - they may preach something but would not want to be corrected,kind of like mainstream Christians....

....Anyway,whether they are wrong or right,God knows his own...

Matthew 7:1:Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Upvote 0
S

straydog

Christian? They are antichrist.

Yes, they are essentially a hate group, comparable to the KKK or Neo-Nazis. They're main objects of hatred are gay people, but also Jews and many other races, religions, and countries, including the majority of Christians.

1)KKK is not a hate group...
2)They(WBC) preach Jesus,they do not deny Jesus..

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟16,342.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
1)KKK is not a hate group...
The KKK is a hate group, why would you say otherwise?

2)They(WBC) preach Jesus,they do not deny Jesus..
They don't preach Jesus, they preach conformity to a certain set of rules with Jesus tacked on. They exhibit all the signs of a cult group.

Upvote 0