New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you a better person because you chose to believe?

I don't believe so, no.

I've made the wrong choice and turned my back on Jesus repeatedly in my life, and I know how it feels to reject The Holy Spirit. It's miserable. I know I'm not exempt from anything that Hitler or any other person is subject to. I'm choosing Jesus because I know there is an absolute good and an absolute evil in this universe, and Jesus is the good path. All else leads to destruction.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe so, no.

I've made the wrong choice and turned my back on Jesus repeatedly in my life, and I know how it feels to reject The Holy Spirit. It's miserable. I know I'm not exempt from anything that Hitler or any other person is subject to. I'm choosing Jesus because I know there is an absolute good and an absolute evil in this universe, and Jesus is the good path. All else leads to destruction.
So you aren't better, but you're happy that someone just as bad as you is in hell?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Nobody deserves hell? Are we all basically good?

Good point, we aren't good. Not a single one of us are righteous (Romans 3:10) We all deserve hell. It's a hard thing to grasp but, it's true.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you aren't better, but you're happy that someone just as bad as you is in hell?

I'm happy that God honors our choice. God leaves that choice to us, which allows everyone to choose whether they want to go to Hell or not. If Hitler chose to reject salvation, then I'm happy if he got to fulfill that choice in the end.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe so, no.

You are a better person because you chose Jesus! When that happened, He washed your sins and made a dwelling place in your temple. That doesn't mean you all of sudden became holy. Sanctification spiritually is instant! If you died today, your spirit is presented to the Father pure as snow. But our flesh, while alive, still has sin. We are not rid of our sin nature until we separate from our flesh in death or resurrection, whichever comes first. Sin stills dwells in the members of our flesh, which means our old self, bad habits, take some time to get rid of. We grow to hate sin in ourselves and we mortify it, die to it -- but it's not instant. We backslide in our walk, fall and fail. One pastor said, just fall forward, get up and put on His yoke, it is easy and His burden is light. An unbeliever wouldn't confess, in godly sorrow what you just did. You confessed and know that Jesus is the way. He chose you first and btw, none of us have walked a perfect path.

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are a better person because you chose Jesus! When that happened, He washed your sins and made a dwelling place in your temple. That doesn't mean you all of sudden became holy. Sanctification spiritually is instant! If you died today, your spirit is presented to the Father pure as snow. But our flesh, while alive, still has sin. We are not rid of our sin nature until we separate from our flesh in death or resurrection, whichever comes first. Sin stills dwells in the members of our flesh, which means our old self, bad habits, take some time to get rid of. We grow to hate sin in ourselves and we mortify it, die to it -- but it's not instant. We backslide in our walk, fall and fail. One pastor said, just fall forward, get up and put on His yoke, it is easy and His burden is light. An unbeliever wouldn't confess, in godly sorrow what you just did. You confessed and know that Jesus is the way. He chose you first and btw, none of us have walked a perfect path.

Your words are very encouraging! Thank you for that Ronald. I honestly needed that today.

Reactions: Ronald
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, i dont wish hell on anyone, even Hitler. I hope that God will save everyone. I know people will say that unbelievers are damned to hell, but i will still hope for them.

Same feelings here.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brother?

You do know the Father does not jest nor every talks like this nor thinks like this. We are to HAVE the same mind as Christ. When did you become God? NO I will not ever for the sake of "discussion" talk about someone a GOD made and then talk as if "white throne" judgment has happen. This is no GAME. No fear of GOD what so ever. We cant know the heart of anyone. Been there ..people that on there last breath repent... hey.. its not kids my creation you talking about.. but its my Fathers.. and I dont like it..praise GOD :)

Its this how YOU would like to be treated? And forgive me.. YOU should be leading by example. Please.. there is no way around this one.

O wow. I had never thought about OP's question. And then thought about it trying to figure out how I feel and find the words. Then, I came across this posted response of yours. I realize you're right. Not a game. Not an issue so frivolous to demote from God's divine decision with my own opinion-based discussion.

All I can say is I just agree with you. Not saying I haven't made errors and still do. Praise God for correction and grace to repent. I repent.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?

No, I am not happy. Hitler was a poor deluded soul suffering from prelest. I would much rather that he was able to repent (and maybe he did, as he was about to swallow his pistol) and be allowed into heaven.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus made it crystal clear in John ch 3 verse 16-18
Those who do not believe in Jesus are condemned.

It is not what we want that determines someones eturnal destiny but there responce to Jesus.
Whether I am happy orunhappy is irrelevent, it is all about God's justice.
That's a very evangelical protestant response .
Not being one ,I am sad that anyone would lose ther salvation for an eternity ;Punishment ,yes, but one day renovation .:bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are told to love one another without judgement so I try to leave that part to God. Based on that, I am supposed to remain neutral in my opinion and this is one of the most difficult things to do.

We are told to forgive one another. Does anyone forgive Hitler?

This is a great question but not an easy one to answer.
There were many who were involved in creating this terrible war .They are still not condemned publicly ,but they will be condemned by the only One whose condemnation counts .
So all is speculation .

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not being one ,I am sad that anyone would lose ther salvation for an eternity ;Punishment ,yes, but one day renovation .:bow:
That's not the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll use Hitler since he is, for the most part, universally reviled.

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?
I don't believe hell is a place. I think it is the circumstances we find ourselves in after we sin.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe hell is a place. I think it is the circumstances we find ourselves in after we sin.
Then this thread isn't for you, as was stated in the OP.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that those who rejected Jesus in life, will either be compelled to accept him after death or that in some way they will be given a second chance to accept him?
What happens to those who continue to reject Jesus, do they get a third, fourth, fith and so on into eternity an infinite number of chances to reject Jesus?

The idea that we have freewill means if we freely make the wrong choice we freely have to accept the consquences of that choice.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'll use Hitler since he is, for the most part, universally reviled.

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

I have mixed feelings about it.

Hitler was corrupt, no doubt about that, but aren't we all? He had a hatred for certain people, but the same root of it lies in every one of us in different ways. I see a difference in what Hitler did than other people, but I don't see a difference in what Hitler was inside than other people. He has a stronger bias toward certain areas we would consider vile, but what about our own leaning toward a sin of some sort that is equally vile in God's eyes?

We are all just as corrupt as he was, the difference was the divine restraint in our lives and his capacity to express what wasn't restrained. Had we been given up to the truest colors of the human nature, at every instance and in every degree, we would make Hitler look like a choir boy at that and ISIS like a children's game.

In light of all that I said, I do think he deserves eternal damnation like the rest of us, but he needed Christ like the rest of us. Yes, when I think about his actions I am quick to deny that he is a human with human emotions, but when I think about my past I think that I was in the same place. I was really different then, and I had no regard for the welfare of my family, let alone my friends and neighbor. I wish that he would have turned to Christ before he died, and that he would have been like Paul - a chief of sinners saved by the grace and mercy of God. This goes for any other person in history.

Upvote 0