Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'll use Hitler since he is, for the most part, universally reviled.

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wish he could have been saved during his lifetime, preferably before he killed millions of people, but...he wasn't (apparently).

So...I'm glad that final justice exists.
I'm even more glad that I stand in grace.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?
No. No real reason I can think of at the moment, but my gut is pretty reliable and it's going "ew".

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After being discriminated, mistreated, and abused all my life for having an extremely unpopular disability, I really don't care about other people's salvation at this point. It's really their decision to humble themselves before the Lord or not and as I see it, most people are either too proud or too chicken(beep) to do the right thing.

So if you're saved, good for you. If you're not, then have fun suffering. I really don't care anymore.
Compassion depletion is real. Thank God it's only a soul condition. Your spirit is looking good from here.
My friend is an RN so I'm familiar with the condition. It's especially difficult for her now because she works in the jail. The lack of concern for the welfare of the prisoners is institutionaly rewarded.
...And this question is a good example of ambiguity in the meaning of belief among casual groups.

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What does the scripture say about such cases I guess you can look at the the Apostle Paul as an example

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus made it crystal clear in John ch 3 verse 16-18
Those who do not believe in Jesus are condemned.

It is not what we want that determines someones eturnal destiny but there responce to Jesus.
Whether I am happy orunhappy is irrelevent, it is all about God's justice.

Reactions: AfterThought
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus made it crystal clear in John ch 3 verse 16-18
Those who do not believe in Jesus are condemned.

It is not what we want that determines someones eturnal destiny but there responce to Jesus.
Whether I am happy orunhappy is irrelevent, it is all about God's justice.
It's relevant to this thread, since it's the actual topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Truthfully, I really don't focus on hell that much or those who supposedly are there.
But to answer the question, no, I am not either happy or sad if he ended in hell..........

Eze 33:11
“Say to them: ‘As I live,' says the Lord GOD, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.
Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

This site I found pretty much sums up my view:

Is Hitler in Hell? - Stumbling Toward Sainthood

quote: While I was reading Erwin Lutzer’s book, Hitler’s Cross, a line stood out to me. It basically said that Hitler is fully aware of the torment he is currently experiencing.

As I was talking to Ben about it, I said something that may surprise people: “you can’t assume Hitler is in Hell.”

I know this is a heavy topic, so please bear with me and read the whole thing before you comment...........................................

Btw, is anyone watching this series "Preacher"? It has some scenes with Hitler in it's version of "hell", when the Preacher unintentionally sends Eugene to hell, where he meets Hitler down there........

Last edited:
Reactions: Living Soul
Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Btw, is anyone watching this series "Preacher"? It has some scenes with Hitler in it's version of "hell", when the Preacher unintentionally sends Eugene to hell, where he meets Hitler down there........

Yes. Preacher has to be one of my guiltiest pleasures right now. The stunt that Hitler pulled in the season 2 finale was hilarious....had me rolling. I'm constantly rolling my eyes at the show, but with someone like Seth Rogan at the helm, it's expected.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm not happy that Hitler ended up in Hell.
For the same reason I wouldn't be happy if my own family ends up in Hell, I wouldn't want anyone, regardless of who it is, to end up in Hell.

Nor am I sad if he went to Hell, it was his choice to do what he did, live how he did, and I'm not going to bear the guilty burden of him going to Hell, because it was his own decision to do so.

I would want him, and everyone, no matter who it is, to join me in Heaven, but I can't weep for those who chose not to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are told to love one another without judgement so I try to leave that part to God. Based on that, I am supposed to remain neutral in my opinion and this is one of the most difficult things to do.

We are told to forgive one another. Does anyone forgive Hitler?

This is a great question but not an easy one to answer.

Reactions: AfterThought
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How is everyone so sure that Hitler ended up in Hell? Is this just being assumed for the sake of argument specifically in this thread?
It's assumed for sake of this discussion.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's assumed for sake of this discussion.

That being the case, no, I don't take any joy in knowing that some souls will endure eternal damnation for rejecting our Lord and Savior. I think it's horribly unfortunate, but I understand the necessity.

Upvote 0