Hitler in Hell

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟909,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Considering the man spent most of his life persecuting Christians and probably never came to the Lord Jesus for salvation I almost guarantee Hitler is in Hell and no, it doesn't make me happy. At all. True, he did horrible things and deserves hell. But, we all deserve hell.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Considering the man spent most of his life persecuting Christians and probably never came to the Lord Jesus for salvation I almost guarantee Hitler is in Hell and no, it doesn't make me happy. At all. True, he did horrible things and deserves hell. But, we all deserve hell.
I agree with the first part but the last part to me is very negative

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think it's negative?
No one deserves hell let alone all people
Look at the stuff Saul did before he became Paul
Jesus saw something in him maybe it was Redemption is that the word I'm looking to use I don't know

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Look at the stuff Saul before he became Paul
Jesus saw something in him maybe it was Redemption is that the word I'm looking to use I don't know

Do you believe everyone deserves heaven? If so, do you believe everyone is going to heaven, including Der Fuhrer? If not, why not?

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe everyone deserves heaven? If so, do you believe everyone is going to heaven, including Der Fuhrer? If not, why not?
I think he got turned away from God but it's not for me to judge people's fate

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll use Hitler since he is, for the most part, universally reviled.

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?
Not happy. Would've been happier had he repented. But God's justice will have to be served.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?

I can see Godwin's law launches off this discussion. As to the OP there may be a great deal of feelings I have conceiving the idea that Hitler is suffering in Hell but happiness is not one of them.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Think Stalin would have been a better example as he was more obviously godless.

If God has sent Hitler to hell it will not be because of what he did but rather the way in which he responded to the offer of free Salvation available in Christ.

So his deluded racist views, his militaristic ambitions for the German people and his genocide of Jews would not actually be reasons to condemn him to hell but rather symptoms of spiritual degeneracy.

Catholics say suicide is a mortal sin. But I wonder if it is the act of taking your own life or the reasons for doing it that matter. He knew what would happen if he remained alive at the hand of the Red army and as his plans had failed he considered the better option to die and have his body disposed of. It seems therefore more a purposeful calculation than a simple playing God type despair.

If as a young man he was saved then I believe he would have remained saved whatever he then did with his life. If he was never saved then he went to hell.

Do I take pleasure in anyone going to hell - absolutely not - nor do I believe that God does. It is deeply sad that anyone should refuse Gods grace and mercy. But there is also a rightness about it when that refusal is absolute.

Upvote 0

Camila Smith

mother of towo
Sep 20, 2017
Auburn, Alabama
✟9,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

i think that it is good that these evil people end up in a place where they get punished for their crimes!

love
camila smith

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟909,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the first part but the last part to me is very negative

Which part? The part that we all deserve hell? We'll, we do. None of us are righteous enough to enter heaven. It's by God's unending grace that we even enter heaven in the first place. Not a single one of us would go to heaven if it weren't for our Lord's grace and mercy.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Look at the stuff Saul before he became Paul
Nobody deserves hell? Are we all basically good?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
i think that it is good that these evil people end up in a place where they get punished for their crimes!

love
camila smith
Aren't you a evil person? Or at least, weren't you evil before you were saved?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
At the time of his death, if Hitler chose not to believe in Jesus, then I am happy if God chose to honor His contract with us set out in John 3:16.

That makes me incredibly happy.
Are you a better person because you chose to believe?

Upvote 0