New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll use Hitler since he is, for the most part, universally reviled.

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?
I think that it is justice that any of us end up in hell. Happy about that? No. But then neither is the Judge so aren't we all fortunate?
....forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

And for this discussion, there will be an assumption that hell is where the unrepentant sinner ends up. This will NOT be as discussion on hell itself.

So for the sake of this discussion, are you happy that Hilter (or any reviled person in history) ended up in hell? If so, why? If not, why?

Hitler had the great disadvantage over me of being beaten up by his dad on a regular basis.... If I remember correctly....... this may have been almost daily.

As a kid he was seriously messed up due to this and other problems that he had.

If... the modern Multiverse Theory indicates an essentially infinite number of Ezekiel 37 style events.... then let's hope that 1891 is recreated sometime and Hitler's mom..... is able to get free of his dad.... and in that other time line perhaps he could repent with his whole heart and that other version of him could make it to heaven.

Would that saved version of him somehow be able to assist a lost version of him from our time line?

That question is above my Security Clearance Level with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Do not rejoice when your enemy fails, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles." Proverbs 24:17

"Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? says the Lord, and not that he should turn from his ways and live?" Ezek. 18:23

The wages of sin is death, spiritual death and that is a loss. When someone forfeits their soul for rejecting eternal life -- a free gift, that is sad, not something to make anyone happy. Justice is what we all want, we demand it but we don't jump for joy. I comfort in the fact that no one gets away with anything in life. God is just and will judge fairly.
And that's the thing. Traditional Christianity teaches an eternal hell, and I think that may be inaccurate, because it doesn't sound fair no matter what the person did. OK, Hitler killed 6-10 million, maybe the suffering should be extreme but eventually it should end, no? What of a teenager who is an unbeliever, goes into a store and steals something and on his way out gets caught in a drive-by shootout and catches a bullet. Should he go to eternal hell? I don't buy that as being fair. The Bible teaches us God's justice and in this world of the living, it's always fair, and always temporal.
But we can say for sure, however extreme or limited the judgment, we are not to take pleasure in it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hitler had the great disadvantage over me of being beaten up by his dad on a regular basis.... If I remember correctly....... this may have been almost daily.

As a kid he was seriously messed up due to this and other problems that he had.

If... the modern Multiverse Theory indicates an essentially infinite number of Ezekiel 37 style events.... then let's hope that 1891 is recreated sometime and Hitler's mom..... is able to get free of his dad.... and in that other time line perhaps he could repent with his whole heart and that other version of him could make it to heaven.

Would that saved version of him somehow be able to assist a lost version of him from our time line?

That question is above my Security Clearance Level with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?
This is Theology, not sci-fi. If you care to address the OP, cool.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"Do not rejoice when your enemy fails, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles." Proverbs 24:17

"Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? says the Lord, and not that he should turn from his ways and live?" Ezek. 18:23

The wages of sin is death, spiritual death and that is a loss. When someone forfeits their soul for rejecting eternal life -- a free gift, that is sad, not something to make anyone happy. Justice is what we all want, we demand it but we don't jump for joy. I comfort in the fact that no one gets away with anything in life. God is just and will judge fairly.
And that's the thing. Traditional Christianity teaches an eternal hell, and I think that may be inaccurate, because it doesn't sound fair no matter what the person did. OK, Hitler killed 6-10 million, maybe the suffering should be extreme but eventually it should end, no? What of a teenager who is an unbeliever, goes into a store and steals something and on his way out gets caught in a drive-by shootout and catches a bullet. Should he go to eternal hell? I don't buy that as being fair. The Bible teaches us God's justice and in this world of the living, it's always fair, and always temporal.
But we can say for sure, however extreme or limited the judgment, we are not to take pleasure in it.
At least the last sentence was on topic.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is Theology, not sci-fi. If you care to address the OP, cool.

The repentance of the Apostle Paul is living proof that somebody with inclinations toward sadism.... .can fully and totally repent. Too bad Hitler had not had an experience like the one that Paul had on the road to Damascus.

Act 26:11

And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At least the last sentence was on topic.
Those scriptures don't apply?
Your question assumes an intangible reality that has no certain foundation to base it on if not scripture, just results in a bunch of opinions. What exactly are you fishing for, how vengeful and hateful are people or how merciful and loving their enemies they are?

Upvote 0

AfterThought

Thirst 2 Given & Know
Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟19,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I guess it all depends or not if he turn to Jesus at the last minute but that's for God to judge also suicide could have been a factor too

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, IF eternal torment actually existed I would rather give all the people like Hitler a get out of jail free card if the trade off was that people like my unsaved family & friends also didn't go there.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Those scriptures don't apply?
Your question assumes an intangible reality that has no certain foundation to base it on if not scripture, just results in a bunch of opinions. What exactly are you fishing for, how vengeful and hateful are people or how merciful and loving their enemies they are?
It was a question for discussion with a narrow scope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I guess it all depends or not if he turn to Jesus at the last minute but that's for God to judge also suicide could have been a factor too
What's that have to do with the OP?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well, IF eternal torment actually existed I would rather give all the people like Hitler a get out of jail free card if the trade off was that people like my unsaved family & friends also didn't go there.
That's not what the OP is about.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, i dont wish hell on anyone, even Hitler. I hope that God will save everyone. I know people will say that unbelievers are damned to hell, but i will still hope for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 2 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ[a] and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
That's not on topic.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's too much! Even for him. And I've been known sometimes to even say that capital punishment isn't enough, that some people deserve to go out Roman Colosseum style, with loved ones of the victim(s) carrying out the sentence however they see fit in that colosseum.

Upvote 0