May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22 ... And ye shall be hated of all men for thy name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13 ... But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 ... And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke 21:19 ... In your patience possess ye your souls.

Daniel 12:11,12 ... And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

we must endure to the end ... that we be saved ... blessed is he that waiteth ... patiently ...

endure would seem to indicate a little more than flying outta here at the first sign of trouble ... jmho ...

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Matthew 10:22 ... And ye shall be hated of all men for thy name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13 ... But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 ... And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Daniel 12:11,12 ... And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

we must endure to the end ... that we be saved ... blessed is he that waiteth ... patiently ...

endure would seem to indicate a little more than flying outta here at the first sign of trouble ... jmho ...
Romans 8:37:
37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

God works in us and through us...so when we endure to the end, it's because of God.

This is why Paul goes on to say in Romans 8:38, 39:
38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Holy Spirit is the down payment God gives to guarantee our salvation. This is why Revelation 7:2, 3:

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the seal of the living God; and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
3 saying,“Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads.”
God will bring His people through!!! :thumbsup: :amen: :clap:

Upvote 0
B

Bowlfullofjelly

"The end" is the end of your life. How do I know? Because not everyone lives until the time of the end.

We are all to be faithful, enduring, hating our lives until death.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Daniel 12 is referring to the Temple. The 1290 days (daily sacrifice taken away, abomination of desolation in the Holy Place) occurred in 66-70AD. The 1335 days are yet to occur. At the end of the 1335 days, the foundation stone of the new temple will be laid.

Haggai 2.18 Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid, consider it.
19 Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth: from this day will I bless you.
20 And again the word of the Lord came unto Haggai in the four and twentieth day of the month, saying,
21 Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;
22 And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.
23 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the Lord, and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the Lord of hosts.

Zech 4:7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
8 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.
10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The end" is the end of your life. How do I know? Because not everyone lives until the time of the end.

We are all to be faithful, enduring, hating our lives until death.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Daniel 12 is referring to the Temple. The 1290 days (daily sacrifice taken away, abomination of desolation in the Holy Place) occurred in 66-70AD. The 1335 days are yet to occur. At the end of the 1335 days, the foundation stone of the new temple will be laid.

Haggai 2.18 Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid, consider it.
19 Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth: from this day will I bless you.
20 And again the word of the Lord came unto Haggai in the four and twentieth day of the month, saying,
21 Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;
22 And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.
23 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the Lord, and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the Lord of hosts.

Zech 4:7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
8 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.
10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Daniel 12:11,12 ... except that this chapter is speaking of the times of the end ...

matthew 24 ... this chaper is directing speaking to the end of times ...

as is luke 21 and mark 13 ... all in the days at the end of times before the second coming of Jesus ...

and matthew 10:22 speaks with luke 21 ... and mark 13 and daniel 12 ...
all of them contained in scriptures dealing with the end of these times ...

the verses you gave ... don't see how they negate the verses i gave ... also, don't understand what your point of the verses is? ... and/or what you are attempting to show with them?

Upvote 0
B

Bowlfullofjelly

Daniel 12:11,12 ... except that this chapter is speaking of the times of the end ...

Daniel chapter 10-12 is one long, 3500 year story, from around 486 BC to the GWT judgment at the end of the millennium when some are sentenced to "shame and everlasting contempt".

The part about the 1260/1290 days regarding the daily sacrifice and the abomination of desolation was in reference to what the angel said in Daniel 11:31. Historically, that took place in 66-70AD.

matthew 24 ... this chaper is directing speaking to the end of times ...
No, Matthew 24 is a 2000 year time span, from the desolation of Israel/destruction of the temple (not one stone left on another of the Temple buildings) until the sign of the Son of Man and His subsequent coming on the clouds with the armies of heaven.

the verses you gave ... don't see how they negate the verses i gave ... also, don't understand what your point of the verses is? ... and/or what you are attempting to show with them?
Your goal is to try to show that the church will be here during the time of wrath. The church will be gone during that 3 1/2 year time of wrath when the devil is in control on earth. We will be dwelling in heaven at that time (Rev 12, 13). We've been enduring in the tribulation since it started when Jesus said it did in Matt 24 - when Jerusalem was surrounded by armies and desolated, temple destroyed - and lasts "until the time of the end".

So those who love not their lives unto death, who endure to the end, are not those who are under wrath, but all of us in the last 2000 years who have endured the tribulation. - wars, famines, plagues, death by wild beasts, persecution, and martyrdom.

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Daniel chapter 10-12 is one long, 3500 year story, from around 486 BC to the GWT judgment at the end of the millennium when some are sentenced to "shame and everlasting contempt".

The part about the 1260/1290 days regarding the daily sacrifice and the abomination of desolation was in reference to what the angel said in Daniel 11:31. Historically, that took place in 66-70AD.

No, Matthew 24 is a 2000 year time span, from the desolation of Israel/destruction of the temple (not one stone left on another of the Temple buildings) until the sign of the Son of Man and His subsequent coming on the clouds with the armies of heaven.

Your goal is to try to show that the church will be here during the time of wrath. The church will be gone during that 3 1/2 year time of wrath when the devil is in control on earth. We will be dwelling in heaven at that time (Rev 12, 13). We've been enduring in the tribulation since it started when Jesus said it did in Matt 24 - when Jerusalem was surrounded by armies and desolated, temple destroyed - and lasts "until the time of the end".

So those who love not their lives unto death, who endure to the end, are not those who are under wrath, but all of us in the last 2000 years who have endured the tribulation. - wars, famines, plagues, death by wild beasts, persecution, and martyrdom.

i disagree ... there IS an end of times coming ... these chapters speak to that ... those things may have already happened ... regardless, one way or another ... those things will happen ... or happen again ... and i just don't see how what you've posted changes that ...

Upvote 0
B

Bowlfullofjelly

i disagree ... there IS an end of times coming ... these chapters speak to that ... those things may have already happened ... regardless, one way or another ... those things will happen ... or happen again ... and i just don't see how what you've posted changes that ...

The end for believers is when Jesus appears in the sky, changes us all to immortality, and calls us home, to heaven, where we will dwell during the time of wrath.

The end for non-believers occurs over the course of the subsequent 3 1/2 years of the time of wrath when God shakes the heavens and the earth. People will be struggling to survive because of the cosmic events and pure evil unleashed on humanity. The only choice will be to die now or take the mark and die later (for eternity in hell).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The end for believers is when Jesus appears in the sky, changes us all to immortality, and calls us home, to heaven, where we will dwell during the time of wrath.

The end for non-believers occurs over the course of the subsequent 3 1/2 years of the time of wrath when God shakes the heavens and the earth. People will be struggling to survive because of the cosmic events and pure evil unleashed on humanity. The only choice will be to die now or take the mark and die later (for eternity in hell).

i couldn't disagree more ... you missed one choice ... kind of a big one ... i can trust the Lord that He won't leave me nor forsake me ... i can have faith ... and believe in Him ... and i can believe what i know from the scriptures ... or i can look for a shortcut ... and i don't see one ...

Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, you are speaking of two different things.

Enduring until the end vs. end times. You think they are one and the same.

Not every Christian has lived until the end times. We are all to endure until the end of our lives, or if we are living, until Christ appears in the sky and calls us home.

The end means the end.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
one problem with the elastic Mt 24 view is that the original idea is for the global end to take place 'immediately after' the cataclysm in Judea, with the allowance made in the next 10 or so verses, that the Father alone would decide the end.

What I'm saying is you have a 'time of unequalled distress' in Judea. But then you have a condition that only the Father would decide: when to change this world into the new redeemed world.

It is not saying that the distress is elastic, although there have been many difficult periods.

Be sure to keep all the possibilities for "the end" on the table. Some you may not have thought of are:
*the end of the 490 years
*the end of temple Judaism
*the end of the old covenant with Israel

If you were in Judaism at the time, and Jesus just said, clear as a bell, that the temple would fall soon, what would you think was "the end" to ask him about?

Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the point the OP was making was that "the end" is the end times, not the end of your life. He/she was not taking into account the fact that many Christians have already endured to the end, the end of their lives.

Millions have already "loved not their lives unto death".

Well Matthew 10 seems to be talking about the end of ones life but Matthew 24 seems to be addressing the end of the age. So I guess it really can go either way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the reason i added the verse in from matthew 10 = it shows in my Bible the verses to look at for further understanding is all the other ones i gave ... AND this one ... it's no mystery to me why ...

i mean this ... yes, it also means the end of our personal life ... but the subject of these verses is the end of these times ... so these verses are about the end of these times ...

and ... it just might mean both ... it just might be the end of one's eternal life if they don't endure to the end of these times ... if they are here when it goes down ...

the point of this thread is that there is much in these verses that are completely run right over and ignored ... skipping over and moving on to the more 'entertaining' verses ... these verses i gave have as much weight as the others ... and shouldn't be skipped over ... especially considering they say endure to the end ... that we be saved ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the point the OP was making was that "the end" is the end times, not the end of your life. He/she was not taking into account the fact that many Christians have already endured to the end, the end of their lives.

Millions have already "loved not their lives unto death".

? ... that would be she ... or does your she icon mean he/she ...

you do an awful lot of deciding what i mean and what i take into consideration ... do you have a point with that little insert ... i.e. he/she ... ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, "she". I have to zoom my screen so that it's really big and didn't go back to check if you were a he or a she when I was answering "cityofgod". That's all.

ty ... just checking ... in the interest of not assuming what you meant ... and not assuming you overlooked something ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 81:11-16 ... God's goodness and Israel's waywardness ... But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. So I gave them up to their won hearts' lust: and they walked n their own counsels. Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned every hand against their adversaries. The haters of the Lord should have submitted themselves unto him: but their time should have endured for ever. He should have fed them also with the finest of wheat: and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.

Romans 1:30 ... Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Deuteronomy 5:29 ... the people's fear ...O that there were such a heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever!

Isaiah 48:18 ... Israel's unfaithfulness rebuked ...O that thou hadst haearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Deuteronomy 32:20 ... And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Matthew 17:17 ... the disciples' unbelief ... Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

comment: unbelieving and crooked ...

Upvote 0