Gay Bathhouses in San Francisco will be reopening to aid Covid economic recovery

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are not reading carefully. I am going to quote my earlier post which you ignored; "My point in mentioning White is to highlight the amount of shame and abuse he reviewed, not to suggest that his contraction of the virus through transfusion was typical. You straw manned my point." Is that clear?

Just because homosexual men are a higher risk factor, it does not follow that they should live like monks. Your point is a red herring--that has no value to whether or not they should live as they please. You are using data to drive your agenda. It's likely that gay men know this information better than you.

You wish to emphasize the shame and abuse Ryan White received in order to deflect from the main point, which is that people - any people - should be smart enough not to engage in highly risky activities and then claim victimhood. MSM, in particular, is a highly risky activity as is well known to all.

Ryan White's case is irrelevant there. He was merely collateral damage. Don't conflate these disparate situations.

It is introducing a straw man to say "people engaging in risky sexual behavior shouldn't have to live like monks".

Um, yeah, they should, unless they want to get this disease.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
You wish to emphasize the shame and abuse Ryan White received in order to deflect from the main point, which is that people - any people - should be smart enough not to engage in highly risky activities and then claim victimhood. MSM, in particular, is a highly risky activity as is well known to all.

Ryan White's case is irrelevant there. He was merely collateral damage. Don't conflate these disparate situations.

It is introducing a straw man to say "people engaging in risky sexual behavior shouldn't have to live like monks".

Um, yeah, they should, unless they want to get this disease.
You are completely missing the reason I introduced What in this discussion. You are simply wrong and won't admit it. It had nothing to do with who or how one gets the virus. Everyone viewing this will easily identify your mistake.

All sex is risky nowadays--some more than others. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. I think you are simply trying to mask your real opinions of homosexual behavior by cherrypicking data. Admit it, you think homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says it is--not because of science.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It’s the year 2020, where is there discrimination against gay people in 2020? If anything you get crucified for anti-gay comments in 2020. And gay discrimination in San Francisco lol? Really?
That place should have been re-open more than 20 years ago. Why wasn't it is a bigger question. There's plenty of discriminations against gay people in CA. Mainly by ultra rights. At least in CA discrimination isn't as bad. Gay people have more rights. But even in CA , Ultra right Conservatives want to take there rights away.

• Agree
Reactions: Caliban
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are completely missing the reason I introduced What in this discussion. You are simply wrong and won't admit it. It had nothing to do with who or how one gets the virus. Everyone viewing this will easily identify your mistake.

All sex is risky nowadays--some more than others. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. I think you are simply trying to mask your real opinions of homosexual behavior by cherrypicking data. Admit it, you think homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says it is--not because of science.
You can try to deflect but it won't play here.

Your very first post said this: Caliban: "I think that Christians are simply surprised that they no longer have the social and cultural privilege they once enjoyed. Instead of seeing this as an attach on Christians or religious institutions, see it as ignoring Christians and simply people doing what they want without the shame religion inspires. They are not playing by the same moral instincts many on this forum are. The (sic) don't care about religious values. I don't blame them."

And the primary and relevant appropriate response, to which I agreed was this:

jacks
: In this case I don't think it is a gay obsession, it is the irony of reopening a type of business that was closed due to spreading disease (AIDS), during a pandemic.

Bingo

While have unfortunately spent time on this post desperately playing the logical relevance fallacy, attempting to deflect to some supposed bias, the only issue here is the irony.

Sorry.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
You can try to deflect but it won't play here.
I have never needed to deflect on this forum ever--remember, it is I who has come into hostel territory to debate and discuss religious ideas with believers. If I wanted to deflect and avoid, I wouldn't be here fully engaged.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never needed to deflect on this forum ever--remember, it is I who has come into hostel territory to debate and discuss religious ideas with believers. If I wanted to deflect and avoid, I wouldn't be here fully engaged.
Hostile, I think you mean. I've been in hostel territory, but those crowded rooms are far too uncomfortable for my tastes. ;)

You were deflecting on that statement, as you veered from the topic of safety during Covid-19 directly to your agenda of anti-Christian bias, as clearly demonstrated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Hostile, I think you mean. I've been in hostel territory, but those crowded rooms are far too uncomfortable for my tastes. ;)

You were deflecting on that statement, as you veered from the topic directly to your agenda of anti-Christian bias, as clearly demonstrated.
Funny--I just taught a class of students about assuming positive intent. Then I saw your post.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Funny--I just taught a class of students about assuming positive intent. Then I saw your post.
It it not an assumption when you said it: "All sex is risky nowadays--some more than others. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. I think you are simply trying to mask your real opinions of homosexual behavior by cherrypicking data. Admit it, you think homosexuality is wrong because the Bible says it is--not because of science."

If I say you look short from that photo...that's an assumption.

What I just quoted above in bold is your erroneous assumption. This post was about risky behavior in the Covid-era, but you wanted to veer into personal judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0