Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your kind words, Craigybabe and Kern! Even though you may not agree with the preterist eschatology I know I appreciate your support as believers. Thanks for allowing us to have a voice on this forum.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
GW, You are skipping verses here. You can't do that. I believe when Jesus was saying this generation will not pass away until all these things take place, that He was referrring to the time when these things were actually happening.

Jesus said He would send His angels to gather His elect(verse 30). When exactly did this take place?

Also, I would like to know your view of Matthew 25:31-41?

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Acts6:5
Thank you for your kind words, Craigybabe and Kern! Even though you may not agree with the preterist eschatology I know I appreciate your support as believers. Thanks for allowing us to have a voice on this forum.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Actually, I've never bought into all the Revelation-related end times stuff, so preterism makes a lot more sense to me than futurism. :) :)

-Chris

Upvote 0

Ephesian

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟294.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Acts6:5
[Any future disaster that is "coming" to this forum is the one you bring yourself. The fact that numerous people are objecting to sharing ideas here is scary.

Well...I have been here for just a couple of weeks now. I am a "futurist". Preterism is new to me. I don't buy it, but I certainly see the appeal. One thing I have noticed. They respond to practically all End-Times threads with the zeal and fervor of an evangelist. We really don't need to be preached to. Sometimes, we futurists just want to have fellowship with each other (like minded folks). Sometimes we feel like debating. Sometimes, we may want to have fellowship with all differing members of the body. I don't see anything wrong with that. Sometimes, it is nice to have discussions without always being on the defensive. That is not a bad thing. Take any thread that was started (at least during the last week or two) by a "futurist" asking an opinion about future events, and you will see a preterest telling you that that is impossible, the End-Times have already happened. That is okay too, but sometimes you just don't feel like going there. Since I have been here I have not bashed any Preterests, nor will I, however I would like to have just one thread where the topic doesn't deteriorate into an us against them. Christian Love people. And along with that goes respect. A futurist does NOT need to be converted on EVERY End-Times thread.

God bless you all. And may God grant us all a little bit of wisdom.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very well said, Ephesian. :)

I am new here too. I came to the end times forum because of the trouble in the Middle East. I wondered what Christians would have to say about it all, and I wanted to read opinions about how the horors in Israel might be prophetic. Maybe I am at the wrong forum.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Dear Futurist Freinds, if it meets your needs, would common sense say to include in any question you raise in making a post "no responses from preterists needed" or something similar. I might think that's a bit "precious" but I can live with that.

As for thinking the 'PRETERISTS' :mad: are "attacking you" -kind of reminds me of the slogan "HELP... the paranoids are after me!" ;)

Blessings All!

davo

Upvote 0
i understand your point GW

my point is that in substituting the word origin as the definition and saying "this is what it means" your are being more than a little deceptive. of course "thousand" is plural! it is more than one!

it is the same in the english language

from the merriam webster dictionary

Main Entry: thou·sand
Pronunciation: 'thau-z&n(d)
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural thousands or thousand

Upvote 0
I notice there is much debate in this forum of futurism vs preterism. I thought I would start this thread so that debates and discussions on this subject could be based here, without being in every thread here. It makes it hard to read through posts when every thread becomes a debate.
I am curious to know exactly what preterists believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This Forum is now infested with non-believers, that have taken an ax to the tree of faith, hope and love. Infested is the best word I can come up with, and it fits, like a very bad roach problem. Anyone got some Raid??

Upvote 0

Ephesian

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟294.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Davo,
I have never said or felt like I was being attacked by you, GW, Hoonbaba (sp?), or any other Preterest. I honestly feel you guys are just trying to show me why you believe the way you do and why you feel you are correct in those beliefs. I don't have a problem with that. Sometimes, though, it's nice to share with like-minded brothers and sisters and let the spiritual hair down...so to speak.

You guys have already helped me more than you could know. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
*** MOD HAT ON ***

We are starting way too many identical topic threads. This thread is one of them. I'll will be merging this with other duplicate topic threads.

This thread is to remain open, until it is merged with other threads.

Thank you,

John

*** MOD HAT OFF ***

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
*** MOD HAT ON ***

We are starting way too many identical topic threads. This thread is one of them. I'll will be merging this with other duplicate topic threads.

This thread is to remain open, until it is merged with other threads.

Thank you,

John

*** MOD HAT OFF ***

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.