United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Craigybabe,
I'm happy to answer your question, however last time I answered a question of yours, you never responded. I took a good amount of time and thought to craft the response and you have simply ignored it thus far.
I would be most interested in your response to the points I brought up. If you click HERE It will take you directly to the page. scroll down and you will see a post from me that contains a quote from you and my reply.

Please give me your response to that reply before I answer this latest question you have posted, then once we deal with that, I'll gladly move on to your latest question.

Thank you for helping to keep this forum the "2 way sytreet" it was designed to be.

YBIC,
P70

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by parousia70

Jesus came in the Name of OT Yaweh, and required the Jews to revamp almost all of their beliefs. Most of them didn't.

I am speaking of saved Christians, listening to new doctrine that causes them to question everything they have ever learned. This is an old tactic of the Devil himself. If Satan can get you to doubting your beliefs, he has achieved his goal. Anything that stirs up confusion and strife within the Christian community is of the Devil.

You may believe what you wish. I will not debate with you or any other Preterist, no more than I would again debate with a Jehovah Witness. Been there, done that.

I listen to the Holy Spirit within me, and allow the Holy Spirit to teach me all things. When "red flags" go up in my spirit, I don't ignore them, as that would be ignoring the Holy Spirit. The Preterists at this board have raised many red flags in my heart, mind, and above all, my spirit.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Auntie. Thank God for "revampers", like Martin Luther, who also questioned everything he learned! Wouldn't you agree, or are you Roman Catholic. If you are Protestant, do you mean to tell me that "revamping" was good and necessary 500 years ago, but it may not be necessary now?

I've studied Mormonism a great deal myself (fascinating, though deadly stuff). In order to understand preterism you don't have to "empty your mind". In Mormonism, the bottom line for each LDS is their "testimony", the "witness" of the Holy Spirit; for preterists our bottom line is the scriptures, just like the Bereans. Since you are new to preterism don't jump to conclusions until you have studied it enough, just like any end-time view. You might come to realize that those "red-flags" in your spirit are actually homing beacons! :p

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Auntie Bell,
If you won't debate, perhaps you could clarify what about preterism makes it un Christian?

What part of the doctorine of Christain salvation do preterists not adhere to that would make us among the unsaved, in your view?

Just curious.

P70

PS, although it may be 'new' to you, Preterism is hardly a "new" doctorine in Church History.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um

I said I would not debate with a Preterist.

If you won't debate preterists, why did you even post a rebuttal to preterism?

Seems to me if you didn't want to debate, you wouldn't have posted in the first place.

Thats what I do when I find a subject I don't want to debate. I just don't.

But you did. Why?

Upvote 0

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside [the city,] are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

YBIC,
P70

Ok in my opinion 'The City' is actually Heaven. It makes sense. "Blessed are those who do his commandments... they may enter the gates of his city..."
So those who do his commandments etc will go to Heaven, those who will not be permitted are the sorcerers, bad people etc. So yeah they are gonna be out of the city (Heaven) because they're not permitted.

Isaih 9 v7 is a prophecy of The Messiah's original coming.

My translation of vs 7 is:

"His power will never end; peace will last for ever."

This is a description of the power of Jesus - nothing to do with any earthly government.

And lastly, Rev 22 vs 6 onwards is John's epilogue of the book of Revelations. It's his final thoughts on what he has described earlier during the book.

vs 17

' The spirit and the bride say, "come!" Everyone who hears this should say "Come!"
If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water come and take it! It's free!'

John is saying that in order for us, the readers of this book and to those who don't believe yet or are curious; to come and receive Jesus Christ into their hearts.

By believing in Jesus Christ and doing his commandments we will receive the life-giving water, and Amen to that!

Craig

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Auntie Bell,
If you won't debate, perhaps you could clarify what about preterism makes it un Christian?

2 Timothy 4:3-4
3)For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Ephesians 4:14
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive.

Romans 16:17-18
17) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18) For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Verse 17 tells me to avoid you. That is why I will not debate you.

Upvote 0
Hiya Auntie Belle! :wave:

Do you really think that these preterists are the deceivers mentioned in the bible?

Please don't take this post the wrong way, I'm just genuinely curious having never dealt with preterists views before. In no way am I trying to be sarcastic!

God Bless

Craig

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Craigybabe
Do you really think that these preterists are the deceivers mentioned in the bible?
God Bless

Craig

Hello Craig! :wave:

There is much deception in the world. The Preterists views are deception, IMO, as they pull words out of scripture here and there to proove their ideas. They are also causing strife, which is against the Bible. If they were of God, would they be causing strife?

My best advice, Craig, is to talk to your pastor about it. We are warned about false teachings. So whenever anything new comes your way, you must be very careful. I can't emphasize this enough. Be careful.

God Bless you too!

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic

Hello Craig! :wave:

There is much deception in the world. The Preterists views are deception, IMO, as they pull words out of scripture here and there to proove their ideas. They are also causing strife, which is against the Bible. If they were of God, would they be causing strife?

My best advice, Craig, is to talk to your pastor about it. We are warned about false teachings. So whenever anything new comes your way, you must be very careful. I can't emphasize this enough. Be careful.

God Bless you too!

The problem with accusing them is that it assumes the futurist view is correct, and then sees preterists as somehow trying to "overthrow" that.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them "false prophets". Why don't the preterists get to call you a false prophet for promoting the futurist view? The knife cuts both ways.

And I haven't seen any of the preterists "cause strife", for the most part they've just been explaining their viewpoints and getting attacked (very viciously, for some reason) by others.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe people spend a great portion of their lives worrying about this kind of thing. Jesus will come back one day, how, when, who knows? There are alot more important things in the world to spend your time on, like telling people about God who have never heard about him for example.

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are alot more important things in the world to spend your time on, like telling people about God who have never heard about him for example.

Good on ya sister!

Why worry about it, you can't carry the weight of the world's evil on your shoulders. Jesus did for us so that we wouldn't have to.

in Christ,
Zach

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Auntie_Belle_Um,

It's good to see you cite scripture, which tells me that you trust what Jesus and the apostles taught.

Knowing that you have a regard for God's word, we should all agree that when Jesus made a promise he always kept his word.

Here are a few promises Jesus made to his apostles. He had to go the the Cross, but he made a promise the them:
Matthew 24:2,9,33-34
And He said to them [the apostles], "Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you , not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down ... they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name ... Behold, I have told you in advance...So, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you [that] this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Since I know that you believe the scriptures, I know that you agree that Jesus made a promise to his apostles and that he kept his promise to them. Our Lord is a trustworthy savior who keeps his promises. Do you believe that Jesus kept his promise to his apostles to whom he was speaking?

Upvote 0
Personally at the moment I'm very interested in what preterists have to say - not because I believe their views just because this is my first contact with them.

They don't seem to be dissuading us from our faith so just hold a different view point to some of us.

I'm enjoying debating with them because it's time I took more interest in the scriptures!!

I'm sure there is loads we can all learn from each other!

Love to you All

Craig

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Beware of any doctrine that comes to you in the name of Jesus, and then requires you to revamp almost all of your beliefs.

Actually, evangelical preterism only insists that Christ and the apostles could not be in error on matters of doctrine. That is the only requirement I have seen.

Since Christ and the apostles could not be in error, then we must conform to their teachings and not attempt to make their teachings conform to us. Agreed?

Jesus and the apostles all agree together and entirely that the second coming was obligated to occur in their lifetimes. Jesus, speaking to his apostles, made them a promise:

Matthew 24:33-34
So, YOU too [the apostles], when YOU see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say TO YOU [that] this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

Jesus keeps his promises. Otherwise, Jesus would be a false prophet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.