Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they are willing to help, let them help. If they reject you afterwards, let them. But if you don't give them a chance you will never know who might have proven to be a real friend.

I probably should let them help me.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
the obsession that Christians have with the sin. I follow on my Facebook page a couple of profiles.
Remember fake news -
publications on this forum,
on facebook,
on google searches/ returned results/ websites,
television,
movies,
etc etc etc
most everything is not only fake, but published on purpose to trap everyone, everywhere , possible.
The purpose is to drag everyone down that they can,
and
many are even PAID TO PUBLISH fake news, fake "christian" 'wisdom'/'confessions'/'testimonies'/ 'teachings'/ 'lessons' (SEEMING wise, knowledgeable or authentic/ professional/ official) .....

Everywhere in society sin is exploited, often made or trying to make it look "NORMAL"/ "OKAY"/ "PERMITTED" when
God always condemns it, by those whom God Has Condemned already.

As written in Galatians "all society is pernicious" (desparately wicked, full of evil, seeking everyone's downfall)....

That's why it seems, looks like, and is promoted so much looking like (as if) true Christians are obsessed with that sin or any other sin -
but
rather, as God's Word says many times, completely in Harmony with all His Word and His Plan,
in JESUS,

true Christians are continually set free from sin,
from fear of death,
from the power of the devil,
from the power of the world,
from the flesh,
.......... (look up "DUNAMIS" in BIBLEGATEWAY - God's Power in our lives, by God's Choice, Dunamis is about 120 times in Scripture) ....

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Remember fake news -
publications on this forum,
on facebook,
on google searches/ returned results/ websites,
television,
movies,
etc etc etc
most everything is not only fake, but published on purpose to trap everyone, everywhere , possible.
The purpose is to drag everyone down that they can,
and
many are even PAID TO PUBLISH fake news, fake "christian" 'wisdom'/'confessions'/'testimonies'/ 'teachings'/ 'lessons' (SEEMING wise, knowledgeable or authentic/ professional/ official) .....

Everywhere in society sin is exploited, often made or trying to make it look "NORMAL"/ "OKAY"/ "PERMITTED" when
God always condemns it, by those whom God Has Condemned already.

As written in Galatians "all society is pernicious" (desparately wicked, full of evil, seeking everyone's downfall)....

That's why it seems, looks like, and is promoted so much looking like (as if) true Christians are obsessed with that sin or any other sin -
but
rather, as God's Word says many times, completely in Harmony with all His Word and His Plan,
in JESUS,

true Christians are continually set free from sin,
from fear of death,
from the power of the devil,
from the power of the world,
from the flesh,
.......... (look up "DUNAMIS" in BIBLEGATEWAY - God's Power in our lives, by God's Choice, Dunamis is about 120 times in Scripture) ....

I will look that up. Thank you

Upvote 0

Araria

Jun 11, 2017
na
✟8,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I totally disagree with you.. Your seeking to undermine Christian efforts to warn homosexuals of Gods judgement is dangerous to the eternal lives of those people..

LGBT people know what the Bible says and have been told by Christians it's sin. That's almost the entire reason why they have pride parades.

Which is why I don't know if it's right to be talking about trying to forgive the LGBT community for pride events, as has been mentioned. They exist because of the mistreatment they have received.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
LGBT people know what the Bible says and have been told by Christians it's sin. That's almost the entire reason why they have pride parades.
That doesn't make any sense at all for anyone,

just like the same for adulterers, idolators, child molesters, thieves or people with a hot temper -
Which of those sinners have PARADES !? rejoicing in such sin !?!?!
Instead of being proud in their sin, Jesus says to every one of them ----- R E P E N T
go and sin no more,
be saved instead,
free yourselves from this adulterous evil generation.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see Christians holding up signs that condemn divorce, or sex before marriage and yet many people allow that in our society as well. But what you will not see is Christians getting angry, or being disgusted by it, or go beyond saying "you shouldn't do it."

Yet for some reason, homosexuality is singled out as the one sin that is seen as an abomination, yet not many of the other sins that many people commit today are viewed with the same scorn.

True

But if I was singling out homosexuals, then I would be singling out myself.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am just wondering about something and I could be completely wrong about it.

First of all, I want to say that I'm not trying to be self-righteous. I myself have issues with forgiveness. I have a hard time forgiving my family, and even the church. But that is my issue. I am working on that.

I also recognize my own sin. And I know that I have no right to point out the sin of other people because I struggle with my own besetting sins. In fact, I question my Christianity. I don't even call myself a Christian. But I have committed my life to Christ again.

This is in no way saying how the church is wrong and how the Christians are wrong. I am just trying to understand the mind of the believer.

We get into major fights when it comes to homosexuality. I understand the scriptures when it says homosexuality is an Abomination to God. I do not argue with that or try to interpret scripture the way that I want to.

But my question is about forgiveness for the sinner. Should we forgive the gay community instead of feeling bitter towards them? Every time we get into these fights about homosexuality we always bring up the fact that they are the ones who are sueing other Christians. Or we always bring up the fact that they have Gay Pride parades and they're throwing their lifestyle in our face. Or we bring up the transgender bathroom laws.

These things are not going away. And Jesus said before he died 'father forgive them for they know not what they do.' Shouldn't that be the attitude that Christians have concerning the gay community and the things that they do?

Gays think that when you denied them service it it is like denying an African American.

Now I know that that's not the case, but that's how they see it. I honestly don't think they know what they're doing.

If I am completely wrong let me know. I am trying to not lean on my own understanding.

Do you get frustrated with people cause you feel like your the only one being honest and non-hypocritical (about sins, wrongs, failings, shortcomings) and shedding that (pride?) has brought you down lately (temporarily) and your just angry and frustrated about it in all kinds of ways and it comes out of you sometimes...?

If so, I know how you feel, been there, but didn't and don't stay there now though...

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Which is why I don't know if it's right to be talking about trying to forgive the LGBT community for pride events, as has been mentioned. They exist because of the mistreatment they have received.

Well I have been mistreated as well. Like I said, I know what they go through. I haven't been physically assaulted like some of them have been. But I've had people accuse me of hitting on them, and I have been called names.

Like I said, I struggle with the same sin that they do. And according to the world I am still a homosexual.

I have friends who I've argued about my sin. I keep trying to tell them that I don't want to refer to myself as a homosexual. But then they will say Jesse you are gay no matter what. So, sometimes I get just as mistreated.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you get frustrated with people cause you feel like your the only one being honest and non-hypocritical (about sins, wrongs, failings, shortcomings) and shedding that (pride?) has brought you down lately (temporarily) and your just angry and frustrated about it in all kinds of ways and it comes out of you sometimes...?

If so, I know how you feel, been there, but didn't and don't stay there now though...

Well I just got accused of being self-righteous by some Christians. This was supposed to be an honest question and it wasn't supposed to be about the sin of homosexuality. It was supposed to be about our response to homosexuals when they sue Christians and do them wrong. But then again that sounds like I'm being self-righteous, which I don't mean to.

How do you ask a question about Sin without being accused of being self-righteous? That's what I want to know.

I am all too familiar about my sin. And it's funny that people called me self-righteous because I point out sin, without condemning anyone, and yet they're pointing out what they perceive to be sin in me.

I am constantly confessing my sin. And if I condemned anybody, I will be condemning myself.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How do you ask a question about Sin without being accused of being self-righteous? That's what I want to know.

You mean to or about someone else's...? I don't think were supposed to in most cases, notice I said most, not all, there are sometimes when it's necessary, wisdom will help you tell...

A lot of Christians wouldn't agree with me though, but we all have some sin of one kind or another and there's Matthew 7:1-5...

Sometimes it's best to just smile and wave as your walking away kind of thing, unless it would be unwise not to do that, (smile and walk away)...

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You mean to or about someone else's...? I don't think were supposed to in most cases, notice I said most, not all, there are sometimes when it's necessary, wisdom will help you tell...

A lot of Christians wouldn't agree with me though, but we all have some sin of one kind or another and there's Matthew 7:1-5...

Sometimes it's best to just smile and wave as your walking away kind of thing, unless it would be unwise not to do that, (smile and walk away)...

Actually this is a sin that I also struggle with as well.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't go around asking people about other people's sins.

I also have issues with forgiveness. I have same-sex attraction.

Although I think that my same-sex attraction is sinful. So I am praying for God for deliverance. This was not me going around pointing out everybody else's sins and ignoring my own.

But some Christians took it that way.

• Prayers
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't go around asking people about other people's sins.

I also have issues with forgiveness. I have same-sex attraction.

Although I think that my same-sex attraction is sinful. So I am praying for God for deliverance. This was not me going around pointing out everybody else's sins and ignoring my own.

But some Christians took it that way.
Oh, OK...

I'm working on this...

Might try it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 24, 2017
Palawan
✟15,528.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've often seen signs "God hates [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]". I cant remember the scripture saying anything of the sort, but if we look at Proverbs 6:16 -

There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

How many people out there profess themselves to be Christians but have haughty eyes, or a lying tongue, but don't think anything of it? Or perhaps have sex out of wedlock, yet think that is somehow okay but homosexuality is the most evil sin in the universe? Is not all sin the same in the eyes of God?

How many who go to church are without sin? Yet they are permitted while gays are not? I think it is definitely wrong to hate anyone, or to close your doors to their salvation because of different kinds of sin.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've often seen signs "God hates [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]". I cant remember the scripture saying anything of the sort, but if we look at Proverbs 6:16 -

There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

How many people out there profess themselves to be Christians but have haughty eyes, or a lying tongue, but don't think anything of it? Or perhaps have sex out of wedlock, yet think that is somehow okay but homosexuality is the most evil sin in the universe? Is not all sin the same in the eyes of God?

How many who go to church are without sin? Yet they are permitted while gays are not? I think it is definitely wrong to hate anyone, or to close your doors to their salvation because of different kinds of sin.

Yes I am aware of all of these sins. I struggle with same-sex attraction so this is not me pointing out a sin problem that I myself don't have.

I'm not going around talking about how abominable homosexuals are. Basically I am just as abominable as homosexuals because I myself struggle with same-sex attraction. I probably should edit my op. Because I am getting this a lot as though I am pointing out everybody else's sins and ignoring my own. And that is not the case.

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So... knowing what the Bible says and being told it's a sin = "mistreatment"?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes I am aware of all of these sins. I struggle with same-sex attraction so this is not me pointing out a sin problem that I myself don't have.

I'm not going around talking about how abominable homosexuals are. Basically I am just as abominable as homosexuals because I myself struggle with same-sex attraction. I probably should edit my op. Because I am getting this a lot as though I am pointing out everybody else's sins and ignoring my own. And that is not the case.
People are going to say that anyway because if they want to get to you they hunt around trying to find what works. Just be you and don't take comments so yo heart. Guard your heart some. Don't share everything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.