Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am afraid of rejection. And I am very limited because of my disability. The transportation system only works on weekdays.

People were willing to come and pick me up. But I am afraid that they will reject me after they get to know me.

If they are willing to help, let them help. If they reject you afterwards, let them. But if you don't give them a chance you will never know who might have proven to be a real friend.

It's mainly because I fear.

I understand that one. Fear is really difficult to deal with.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good grief.

Once again, would you talk about gluttons like this? Their sin is condemned far more in Scripture than being gay is. Elevating the sins of OTHER people above our own is humbug; pure and simple. Humbug.

36 Bible verses about Gluttony

25 Helpful Bible Verses About Gluttony

Why are we all so obsessed with what other people do in their bedrooms, while ignoring our own sins in the restaurant, and elsewhere?

It does not matter what sin we are talking about... Sin is sin and any unforgivien sin will see the one who sinned that sin being cast into the eternal lake of fire..

So it matters not of it is homosexuality,, gluttony,, or stealing a cookie from your moms cookie jar.. They will see you in the eternal lake of fire without them being forgiven..

So yeah i would talk to an unrepentant glutton like this for sure...

God is interested in what people do in their bed rooms and we as Christians need to give warning to others that God sees everything and knows every thought..

So pack away your ""good griefs"" They have no place in this thread..

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
It does not matter what sin we are talking about... Sin is sin and any unforgivien sin will see the one who sinned that sin being cast into the eternal lake of fire..

So it matters not of it is homosexuality,, gluttony,, or stealing a cookie from your moms cookie jar.. They will see you in the eternal lake of fire without them being forgiven..

So yeah i would talk to an unrepentant glutton like this for sure...

God is interested in what people do in their bed rooms and we as Christians need to give warning to others that God sees everything and knows every thought..

So pack away your ""good griefs"" They have no place in this thread..

I will use 'good grief' as and when I think fit, ta muchly.

Meanwhile you know perfectly well that although we all might theoretically admit those other sins to be the same, you will find thread after thread on this site banging on about gay people and what they get up to, and hardly a whisper about other sins.

You know this is true. Everyone here knows this is true. All this banging on about sins that are NOT our own is simply humbug. Nothing less.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am not sure the OP understands the crux of the issue. It is often thought of like someone or even God dislikes gay people. But we have to understand that what is a sin in God's sight is a sin and we cannot call it less than what God does.

I cannot call something not a sin that God calls a sin.

My heart goes out to those who have desires such as this. This is one issue that I personally rarely take a hard line on because all sin is able to be forgiven.

Just understand that for some it is not personal. It is about accurately talking about it.

My heart goes out to all who struggle with this. It is indeed a very heavy desire to have.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Well in this instance your use of it is getting in the way of an important message and undermining Gods Word.. So stop using it..

Meanwhile you know perfectly well that although we all might theoretically admit those other sins to be the same.

No... It's Not theoretical. God is perfect and anyone who is less then perfect is doomed to be cast into the eternal lake of fire if they do not have their imperfections forgiven them... If you cannot accepot that then so be it.. But in no way are you going to get me to agree with your stance that it is only theoretical...

, you will find thread after thread on this site banging on about gay people and what they get up to, and hardly a whisper about other sins..

And that is because of the strong movements within current day society that are doing their utmost to declare homosexuality not to be a sin... The reason why there is so much focus on it is because Christians are Reacting to this movement and the threat it poses to gay people.. 200 years ago you never heard anything out of christians about homosexuality because back in those times everyone considered homosexuality to be perverse and wrong.. But today when there are people who want these things celebrated Christians are forced to come out and stand against it..

You know this is true. Everyone here knows this is true. All this banging on about sins that are NOT our own is simply humbug. Nothing less.

I totally disagree with you.. Your seeking to undermine Christian efforts to warn homosexuals of Gods judgement is dangerous to the eternal lives of those people..

Upvote 0

June July

May 26, 2017
Post Falls, Idaho
✟9,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To answer your original question, I would forgive someone who sinned against me, but I don't see any need for me to forgive homosexuals who are mainly sinning against themselves. They haven't done anything to directly harm me and if they did, then I'd have a need to forgive.

Homosexuals are just a subset of the general population of unsaved worldly people, and they all need God's saving grace and forgiveness but it is up to them to decide if and when that will ever happen. I'd be more likely to give them a Bible and pray for them, than to think I'm the one who needs to forgive them.

I guess I'm in a situation where I have almost no contact with homosexuals these days, and I don't really care what they do in the privacy of their homes. That's between them and God . . . and if they want forgiveness they should repent and make their peace with the Lord.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I've never felt the gay community needed to be forgiven by me. They all sin like we all sin. Most of them are trying to live peaceful lives, and let us live ours.
See Galatians.
They are part of pernicious society, as written in Galatians.
That means deadly, death-dealing, seeking to bring down everyone along with them, not content to leave others alone (just like in sodom and gomorrah, they wouldn't leave the 2 visitors alone).

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well in this instance your use of it is getting in the way of an important message and undermining Gods Word.. So stop using it.

No... It's Not theoretical. God is perfect and anyone who is less then perfect is doomed to be cast into the eternal lake of fire if they do not have their imperfections forgiven them... If you cannot accepot that then so be it.. But in no way are you going to get me to agree with your stance that it is only theoretical...

And that is because of the strong movements within current day society that are doing their utmost to declare homosexuality not to be a sin... The reason why there is so much focus on it is because Christians are Reacting to this movement and the threat it poses to gay people.. 200 years ago you never heard anything out of christians about homosexuality because back in those times everyone considered homosexuality to be perverse and wrong.. But today when there are people who want these things celebrated Christians are forced to come out and stand against it..

I totally disagree with you.. Your seeking to undermine Christian efforts to warn homosexuals of Gods judgement is dangerous to the eternal lives of those people..

I don't see Christians holding up signs that condemn divorce, or sex before marriage and yet many people allow that in our society as well. But what you will not see is Christians getting angry, or being disgusted by it, or go beyond saying "you shouldn't do it."

Yet for some reason, homosexuality is singled out as the one sin that is seen as an abomination, yet not many of the other sins that many people commit today are viewed with the same scorn.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't see Christians holding up signs that condemn divorce, or sex before marriage and yet many people allow that in our society as well. But what you will not see is Christians getting angry, or being disgusted by it, or go beyond saying "you shouldn't do it."

Yet for some reason, homosexuality is singled out as the one sin that is seen as an abomination, yet not many of the other sins that many people commit today are viewed with the same scorn.

In the end it matters not a jot what humans focus on.. Yes pre-marital sex is fornication and yes it is sin equal to stealing a cookie from your mothers cookie jar when it comes to the final judgement... In the end the Word of God is the standard that shall be used at the final judgement and in that standard homosexual sex is an abomination to God and thus all who take part in it and who are not forgiven by the Blood of Jesus for doing it will have their place in the Lake of fire...

So it matters not if a lot of people are offended by a certain sin and less offended by another sin.. In the end the important thing is how God views all sin.. And in Gods view there are two levels of sin.. One sin called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit that shall never be forgiven.. And all the rest that need to be forgiven by the Atoning blood of the LORD Jesus Christ..

PS:: as for divorce it is allowed in the Bible under certain conditions.. So not all divorce is sin..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good.
All of the sins, not only the abominable sin of homo ought to be treated with the same scorn, as you put it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I don't understand why homosexuality is a sin. But I do know it is a sin, and since I am straight I don't need to worry about it.

My attitude towards sin is that God gave humans free will and if they sin, that is their choice. As followers of Jesus, we should be trying to turn them to God and Jesus, not convict them of their sins. It is up to God to convict them of their sins. In fact, we should focus on repenting of our own sins, and living a sinless life as possible.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good.
All of the sins, not only the abominable sin of homo ought to be treated with the same scorn, as you put it.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy. I believe in the "love the sinner, not the sin" philosophy. Plus God is the one who judges and convicts sin. Jesus made it clear that our duty is to follow Him, and to spread the word of God to all who will listen. Not to condemn others who sin.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I was just pointing out the hypocrisy. .... Not to condemn others who sin.
Satan is in control of most of society. Thru society, he will gladly destroy you(pl) , your children, your babies, your husband, your wife, your cousins, your parents, your neighbors, everyone you know, and you, and will use you to do this if he can.
Everyone is a vessel of clay, of honor or dishonor, of YHWH'S Life, full, or of uncleanness , full of worms.
There is no hypocrisy in recognizing sin as God does, and seeing all the damage it does, ought to cause people to cry to God to be delivered,
but most people revel in sin instead.
Thus, pernicious society - death dealing, evil, wicked.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan is in control of most of society. Thru society, he will gladly destroy you(pl) , your children, your babies, your husband, your wife, your cousins, your parents, your neighbors, everyone you know, and you, and will use you to do this if he can.
Everyone is a vessel of clay, of honor or dishonor, of YHWH'S Life, full, or of uncleanness , full of worms.
There is no hypocrisy in recognizing sin as God does, and seeing all the damage it does, ought to cause people to cry to God to be delivered,
but most people revel in sin instead.
Thus, pernicious society - death dealing, evil, wicked.

It's hypocrisy when you condemn one sin above the rest

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I am just wondering about something and I could be completely wrong about it.

First of all, I want to say that I'm not trying to be self-righteous. I myself have issues with forgiveness. I have a hard time forgiving my family, and even the church. But that is my issue. I am working on that.

I also recognize my own sin. And I know that I have no right to point out the sin of other people because I struggle with my own besetting sins. In fact, I question my Christianity. I don't even call myself a Christian. But I have committed my life to Christ again.

This is in no way saying how the church is wrong and how the Christians are wrong. I am just trying to understand the mind of the believer.

We get into major fights when it comes to homosexuality. I understand the scriptures when it says homosexuality is an Abomination to God. I do not argue with that or try to interpret scripture the way that I want to.

But my question is about forgiveness for the sinner. Should we forgive the gay community instead of feeling bitter towards them? Every time we get into these fights about homosexuality we always bring up the fact that they are the ones who are sueing other Christians. Or we always bring up the fact that they have Gay Pride parades and they're throwing their lifestyle in our face. Or we bring up the transgender bathroom laws.

These things are not going away. And Jesus said before he died 'father forgive them for they know not what they do.' Shouldn't that be the attitude that Christians have concerning the gay community and the things that they do?

Gays think that when you denied them service it it is like denying an African American.

Now I know that that's not the case, but that's how they see it. I honestly don't think they know what they're doing.

If I am completely wrong let me know. I am trying to not lean on my own understanding.
We live in an age of a lot of sexual confusion. The greatest gift we can give to ourselves, and to our children and to each other is a clear understanding of the sacramental goodness of sexuality, when it is expressed sacramentally; that is to say in the marriage between a man and a woman thereby fulfilling our original creation of man and woman bonded together in a one flesh union that is both unitive and creative in nature.

This is where God assuredly is. God touches and relates with us in the sacraments, of which the sacrament of marriage is the most joyous.

Yet, following the teaching and averring where God is does not imply that we know the full extents of where God is. Letting God be the judge means tolerating people to the fullest possible extent to make their own ways in life. That is not where society was even twenty years ago, where gay bashing and discrimination against gays in Western societies was common and even the norm. That is the context.

Christians have very much been a part of the movement away from such judgments against gay people in our society. No doubt, Christians are among those who have had that visceral negative reaction against homosexuals too, been a part of the bashing and the discrimination. Be it understood though, that the Christian teaching has always been that we are to leave the judging to the Lord, who is kind and merciful and just in all his aspects. No Christian teaching offers us assurance that God is in our judging of others.

It is our right as citizens of free countries to work for our own values being a part of the laws that guide society. Having Christian principle define what marriage is is in no way judging anyone else, as you have already recognized. If people chose to persecute Christians for upholding Christian values, that is on them, and not on Christians themselves.

Forgiveness itself normally would involve repentance of some kind on behalf of the offender. It normally would include acknowledgement of the trespass.
I think forgiveness of someone who has no understanding of the trespass they commit against us is more properly speaking beseeching God to have mercy on those who have done us harm, especially when their intent was ultimately not to harm us, but to protect themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Meanwhile you know perfectly well that although we all might theoretically admit those other sins to be the same, you will find thread after thread on this site banging on about gay people and what they get up to, and hardly a whisper about other sins.

That is true.

You have to realize that this sin is my own. I have same-sex attraction.

I know that there are many other sins. But the reason why I asked this was because of the obsession that Christians have with the sin. I follow on my Facebook page a couple of profiles. And one of them is Christian Post. And most of the things that they post are about homosexuality and transgenderism.

And then you see Christians getting into fight about it. And they keep bringing up the fact that gay people sue them; and they keep bringing up the bathroom laws that they're angry about that.

I am aware that there are many other sins. I am aware that there is the sin of divorce, gluttony, laziness (which I struggle with), and many more.

I have an idea what gay people go through. I have been called names, and was even accused of hitting on somebody when nothing like that has happened.

I asked this question because of the obsession with homosexuality; and because of the anger I see in Christians.

That is why I was wondering why can't we just forgive them if they don't know that they're doing wrong when they Sue them.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have done very well. You just believe the BIBLE when you read it. You don't try to interpret it a different way than it is written like most people do (especially religious leaders, groups, doctrines and traditions that are seeking something besides YHWH'S KINGDOM)...
No other interpretation is needed - just read what is written, and accept what God says as TRUTH, as IT IS.

Except "Abomination" is also a fish without scales. But we often choose to ignore that usage in our efforts to be literal. .

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians have very much been a part of the movement away from such judgments against gay people in our society. No doubt, Christians are among those who have had that visceral negative reaction against homosexuals too, been a part of the bashing and the discrimination. Be it understood though, that the Christian teaching has always been that we are to leave the judging to the Lord, who is kind and merciful and just in all his aspects. No Christian teaching offers us assurance that God is in our judging of others.

Not on the whole. But specific Christians have supported the gay community.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
See Galatians.
They are part of pernicious society, as written in Galatians.
That means deadly, death-dealing, seeking to bring down everyone along with them, not content to leave others alone (just like in sodom and gomorrah, they wouldn't leave the 2 visitors alone).
you are wrong saying that all homosexuals are a society of death to others and rape.

These are the stereotypes of other Christians that we Christians speak out against.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.