Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People are going to say that anyway because if they want to get to you they hunt around trying to find what works. Just be you and don't take comments so yo heart. Guard your heart some. Don't share everything.

Thank you

You are probably right I shouldn't share everything.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. That is exactly what God Says in Scripture (His Word), not just about homos, but all society.

Here you can see that the definition of sin changes based on the individual:

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everywhere in society sin is exploited, often made or trying to make it look "NORMAL"/ "OKAY"/ "PERMITTED" when
God always condemns it, by those whom God Has Condemned already.

Here you can see sin changes based on personal decision making:

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.
Proverbs 10:9

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
true Christians are continually set free from sin,

So sin status changes based on the individual.

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
Luke 6:45

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which of those sinners have PARADES !? rejoicing in such sin !?!?!
Instead of being proud in their sin, Jesus says to every one of them ----- R E P E N T
go and sin no more,

Here you can see people decide for themselves what sins they have in their life:

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
Ephesians 5:3

How would anyone decide if someone else was being too greedy?
Would the communist government make that decision?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
R E P E N T
go and sin no more,

Here we decide when we are being rebellious:

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather,
through the law we become conscious of our sin.
Romans 3:20

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
LGBT people know what the Bible says and have been told by Christians it's sin. That's almost the entire reason why they have pride parades.

Which is why I don't know if it's right to be talking about trying to forgive the LGBT community for pride events, as has been mentioned. They exist because of the mistreatment they have received.

I am not personally talking about forgiving gays.. Gays have done nothing bad to me as far as i can remember.. Yeah their pride parades are sickening and creepy to watch so i do not watch them.. My point is that they are offending God and need Gods forgiveness..

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you

You are probably right I shouldn't share everything.
No you shouldn't.

There is a Chaplin here and I would direct private thoughts and matters there.

The things that are very close to your heart put them there.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the statement doesn't make sense as the premise isn't true.

what about the gay community do we as believers need to forgive?
what actions are believers taking against the gay community that make us unforgiving?

Well, the point of this thread was in response to all the anger I see in Christians on the gay community. The keep bringing up the fact that gays have been suing Christian Bakers, and they keep bringing up the fact that they throw their lifestyle in their faces. They seem extremely angry about it.

I keep hearing Christian say how angry they are at them for throwing their lifestyles in their faces and how many people sue them for not condoning their lifestyle. So that is why I asked the question?

The question is to Christians who are angry at homosexuals for all the lawsuits that they give, and for throwing their lifestyle in their faces, shouldn't they just forgive instead of getting angry?

But not all Christians are angry obviously. But a lot of them seem to be very angry about all of this: you know the lawsuits, the gay Prides parade, Kim Davis being thrown into jail, and according to some indoctrinating their children.

So I was just wondering what the correct response for a Christian to be instead of getting really angry at them. I am not the one [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed off at homosexuals. But a lot of other Christians are.

They keep bringing up all the lawsuits and how angry they are about that. But maybe that's never been you. But that is why I asked the question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, the point of this thread was in response to all the anger I see in Christians on the gay community. The keep bringing up the fact that gays have been suing Christian Bakers, and they keep bringing up the fact that they throw their lifestyle in their faces. They seem extremely angry about it.

I keep hearing Christian say how angry they are at them for throwing their lifestyles in their faces and how many people sue them for not condoning their lifestyle. So that is why I asked the question?

The question is to Christians who are angry at homosexuals for all the lawsuits that they give, and for throwing their lifestyle in their faces, shouldn't they just forgive instead of getting angry?

But not all Christians are angry obviously. But a lot of them seem to be very angry about all of this: you know the lawsuits, the gay Prides parade, Kim Davis being thrown into jail, and according to some indoctrinating their children.

So I was just wondering what the correct response for a Christian to be instead of getting really angry at them. I am not the one [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] off at homosexuals. But a lot of other Christians are.

They keep bringing up all the lawsuits and how angry they are about that. But maybe that's never been you. But that is why I asked the question.

what would forgiveness towards the gay community from the believer look like to you?

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what would forgiveness towards the gay community from the believer look like to you?

I hope I am not angering you.

I don't know to be perfectly honest. Well, I have an idea. But I could be wrong.

When I forgive somebody I stop bringing up their offenses. I try to forget about it. But I know that's very difficult to do.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I forgive somebody I stop bringing up their offenses. I try to forget about it.

let's apply this to their insistence on wanting to be in authoritative positions in a church(pastor, elder, deacon, etc). should we allow them to take such positions in that we have forgotten about their offense?

if yes, would you apply the same standard to someone who views inappropriate contentography?

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
let's apply this to their insistence on wanting to be in authoritative positions in a church(pastor, elder, deacon, etc). should we allow them to take such positions in that we have forgotten about their offense?

if yes, would you apply the same standard to someone who views inappropriate contentography?

No, I don't think Christians should allow them to be in authority and leaders in their church. I get it.

No one living in a sinful lifestyle should be in authority in church.

I understand

Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't think Christians should allow them to be in authority and leaders in their church. I get it.

No one living in a sinful lifestyle should be in authority in church.
When I forgive somebody I stop bringing up their offenses. I try to forget about it.

But denying them authority/leadership (which I agree with) can only be done if we DON'T "forget about it". So there appears to be a contradiction/disagreement in what "forgiveness" is supposed to be.

Exactly what actions/responses are allowed and what is not allowed when we "forget about it"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

But denying them authority/leadership (which I agree with) can only be done if we DON'T "forget about it". So there appears to be a contradiction/disagreement in what "forgiveness" is supposed to be.

Exactly what actions/responses are allowed and what is not allowed when we "forget about it"?

Yeah, I did not realize it was contradictory.

So I don't know. I guess Christians need to keep speaking the truth.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah, I did not realize it was contradictory.

So I don't know. I guess Christians need to keep speaking the truth.
When were you first tempted to have what you think was a same sex attraction, when and how did it start? Were you born with it or not?

It is not a sin to be tempted, those are actually tests, it's what you do with it/that, if you act of what you know if sinful, is when it becomes sinful...

When your tempted, what is your next response or feeling or emotion right afterward...?

I did not get exposed to being tested in that area, until the stinkin "media" went gay, then it got shoved in my face over and over, so, I quit watching it and exposing myself to it, and it has gone away...

The media today knows how to affect people that way, and doesn't think it's wrong to do, even though they full well know it and about it, I do (think it's very wrong)...

I hate the media... They don't know what they are doing to our society, but, they'll find out...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
let's apply this to their insistence on wanting to be in authoritative positions in a church(pastor, elder, deacon, etc). should we allow them to take such positions in that we have forgotten about their offense? if yes, would you apply the same standard to someone who views inappropriate contentography?

If they do something they feel is wrong, and they acknowledge it was
a sin in their life, and are able to deal with what they think is wrong,
they must be forgiven by others who really don't know what has happened
anyway. Theses are signs of a good leader, one who works through
private issues even when others are not watching them like hawks.

11Now it came about in those days, when Moses had grown up, that he went out to his brethren and looked on their hard labors; and he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brethren. 12So he looked this way and that, and when he saw there was no one around, he struck down the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. 13He went out the next day, and behold, two Hebrews were fighting with each other; and he said to the offender, “Why are you striking your companion?” 14But he said, “Who made you a prince or a judge over us? Are you intending to kill me as you killed the Egyptian?” Then Moses was afraid and said, “Surely the matter has become known.” Exodus 2 NASB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not get exposed to being tested in that area, until the stinkin "media" went gay, then it got shoved in my face over and over, so, I quit watching it and exposing myself to it, and it has gone away...
The media today knows how to affect people that way, and doesn't think it's wrong to do, even though they full well know it and about it, I do (think it's very wrong)...
I hate the media... They don't know what they are doing to our society, but, they'll find out.

If you want to know how gay people are affecting society, there are about three gay couples and 4 individuals who own houses on my block and I can tell you about their lifestyle and how often the police are called on them, what they do in their spare time, how they interact with hetro-children what jobs they have, their hopes and dreams what kind of cars they drive, parties they have, most everything.
I've lived with them as my neighbors and interacted with them for over 12 years. You want the good or the bad details? Bob across the street doesn't like to shovel snow and he'll lean on his shovel every few scoops hoping others with snow blowers will come do his driveway. He lost his job as a mortgage originator because he experienced a detached retina on one eye and is now legally blind. His uncle comes over every Sunday and they sit in lawn chairs in the driveway and talk. Do they have washing machines or use the local laundry? I have the inside scoop.I have more stories about their gay lives lives if you need to hear them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you want to know how gay people are affecting society, there are about three gay couples and 4 individuals who own houses on my block and I can tell you about their lifestyle and how often the police are called on them, what they do in their spare time, how they interact with hetro-children what jobs they have, their hopes and dreams what kind of cars they drive, parties they have, most everything.
I've lived with them as my neighbors for and around them for over 12 years.
I'm seeking a higher love now, a love that goes beyond lust...

They all claim to be so loving, they should be doing the same, and realize that anything sexual is only lust and has nothing to do with real, higher love... I'm tried of people elevating what is just sex, to where they practically worship it, lust and sex are just that, lust and sex, it's a primitive urge designed to procreate, nothing more... It's not that important, would be my message... Glorifying sex into a almost or for some actually a spiritual experience, is a big, huge, major problem, and to think that sex has much of anything to do with love, is also a mistake...

It is what it is, and it's not meant to and idol or idolized, yet it is in this society today...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.